Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 06-26-2013, 08:32 AM   #1  
Embossing Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Evernote Supply list Sharing?

Anyone want to share the notebooks (lists) they may have setup in Evernote?

Some Examples:
Stamps
Inkpads
Copics
Spellbinders
Cuttlebug
Cricut Cartridges
Embellishments

I hate going to the store and buying something, then getting home and find out I already own it!!!!
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-27-2013, 03:50 AM   #2  
Rubber Obsessor

I have my distress inks listed and even a pic of the color chart if you want to PM me your email address. Not sure if its what your looking for but I'll be happy to share.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-04-2013, 12:33 PM   #3  
Rubber Obsessor

I feel the same way. I cannot tell you how many times I have just stood with my mouth open in front of the Spellbinders displays at stores just thinking, "Wait, do I have that one? Or was it this one?"
In my Spellbinders notebook I have the names of what I have, how many in the set, and most important to me a pic of the front of the set and the sizes of the dies.

That is one improvement Spellbinders could do. Make their die cards show the sizes of the dies. I have Joann's, Micheal's and AC Moore all within 25 miles of my home. Only 1 of these stores have the Spellbinder cards (the ones you take up to the cashier in order for her to get them out of the locked cages) show on the back of the card the actual size of the dies. I still feel the measurements would be nice as well.

I have a notebook for embossing folders, Stampin' Up! ink pads and refills, Distress ink pads and markers, My colored pencils brands, Prismacolor, Inktense, Aquarelle from Staedler and what colors each brand has.
My Stampin' Up! stamp sets (I am a demonstrator so I have more of those than any others)
Other companies stamps like Recollections, Fiskars, etc.
Then there are the clear stamps notebook.
Plus paper punches in 1 notebook, paper stacks, Spectrum Noir markers, SU card stocks, SU DSP pads, SU tools and machines in another. The machines notebook has things like the company, the make and the model numbers. Company contact information, date I sent the warranty card in, how long the warranty for was, when it ran out, etc. (Yes, I am a stereotypical Virgo, which makes me an organization freak).
Do any of these notebooks help?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-04-2013, 04:20 PM   #4  
Kookie Creator

I have notebooks of my SU stamp sets (current and retired), SU punches, and Big Shot dies and embossing folders. If you would like a copy of any of my notebooks, I would be happy to share them. Right now, I am currently working on adding my SU supplies (I am a SU demonstrator) and will add my other supplies after I finish with SU stuff!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-05-2013, 12:49 PM   #5  
Rubber Obsessor

You know, I had never thought about making a separate notation about what Stampin' Up! sets I have are retired...and I have some OLD ones. 2006 is one set and another from 2001 when I was at a friend's party and ordered a set without having any idea what to do with it. I don't think I opened the set up until 3 years later.
Now it is one of my favorite ones to use. I wish they would bring back some of the sets from 2001. They had On The Nile and the sets I bought was Stipple Shells and Celtic Knots.
I guess I should work up a new notebook for the retired ones.
If anyone is interested, I also have a Microsoft Access Database with my stamps (all of them) in it. I started this one from scratch, meaning it was a blank database that I had to add the different tables and cards into. With the database, I can easily find a sentiment or a particular butterfly by doing a search in the Db. All of the sets that have a butterfly or sentiment pops up in a list. All I need to do is look through the list at the pictures and pick the one I want. The card tells me the set its in, the location of the set, whether it is wood or cling, the year, blah blah blah.
I've been thinking of removing all of my information from a copy of the Db and loading the Db template up to Microsoft for any stamper to use, (who has MS Office 2010).
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-06-2013, 01:02 AM   #6  
Kookie Creator

Quote:

Originally Posted by Saphyre333View Post
I guess I should work up a new notebook for the retired ones.
If anyone is interested, I also have a Microsoft Access Database with my stamps (all of them) in it. I started this one from scratch, meaning it was a blank database that I had to add the different tables and cards into. With the database, I can easily find a sentiment or a particular butterfly by doing a search in the Db. All of the sets that have a butterfly or sentiment pops up in a list. All I need to do is look through the list at the pictures and pick the one I want. The card tells me the set its in, the location of the set, whether it is wood or cling, the year, blah blah blah.
I've been thinking of removing all of my information from a copy of the Db and loading the Db template up to Microsoft for any stamper to use, (who has MS Office 2010).
Evernote does this same kind of search...I just add tags and then when I search Birthday, everything that is tagged with Butterfly pops up and since I have pics of everything in my notes, you can actually see the picture of the stamp sets while searching. I also like the fact that I have synchronized Evernote notebooks on both of my computers, iPad and iPhone....without having to enter the info 4 times!! It will eventually help when out buying something to be able to tell if I already own it just by checking the Evernote notebooks! Just have to finish entering my stash....hopefully will be able to work on it this weekend!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-06-2013, 05:15 AM   #7  
Kookie Creator

I have heard about Evernote, downloaded, but haven't started using it yet...I guess I should!!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-06-2013, 09:20 AM   #8  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 167 Likes on 126 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by sarahwmsView Post
Evernote does this same kind of search...I just add tags and then when I search Birthday, everything that is tagged with Butterfly pops up and since I have pics of everything in my notes, you can actually see the picture of the stamp sets while searching. I also like the fact that I have synchronized Evernote notebooks on both of my computers, iPad and iPhone....without having to enter the info 4 times!! It will eventually help when out buying something to be able to tell if I already own it just by checking the Evernote notebooks! Just have to finish entering my stash....hopefully will be able to work on it this weekend!
your system sounds amazing. what categories do you have? how do you add photos? and tags?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-06-2013, 03:34 PM   #9  
Kookie Creator

Quote:

Originally Posted by snowcountry311View Post
your system sounds amazing. what categories do you have? how do you add photos? and tags?
Right now I have SU Stamps (Current); SU Stamps (Retired); Big Shot Dies; Embosslits and Embossing Folders; Stamps (Non-SU); SU Wheels (Current); SUWheels (Retired); SU Punches

To add a photo, just find the photo; right click and copy; open the note; right click and paste. It's that simple!!

To add a tag, there is a tag at the top of each note and you just click it and add your key word; keep adding tags...I haven't found that there is a maximum!

Moving notes is really simple...just click and drag to whatever notebook you need. You can also add tags to multiple notes...

It's an amazing system and I'm sure I'm not using it to its fullest potential. I keep saying that I'm going to watch the videos to learn what I can, but so far I haven't taken the time!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-06-2013, 04:44 PM   #10  
Stazon Splitcoast

thanks. I will have to show my boys (DH & DS) as I have no computer skills
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-08-2013, 10:28 AM   #11  
Rubber Obsessor

Quote:

I have photos of my SU sets I downloaded either from SU or from google images. The ones they don't have I just scan mine and put them into the notebooks.
I have tags on all of my sets, I guess I have been so busy imputting info into the program I haven't "tried out" any of the search features. Is that pathetic or what?! ;)
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-08-2013, 10:39 AM   #12  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 23 Likes on 10 Posts

What is Evernote?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-08-2013, 12:10 PM   #13  
Kookie Creator

Quote:

Originally Posted by LazorkayView Post
What is Evernote?
Evernote is a free app...their website states that it helps you stay organized and helps you to remember and act upon ideas and projects. I use it to keep an inventory of my stamps and othe supplies.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-08-2013, 12:11 PM   #14  
Kookie Creator

Quote:

I have photos of my SU sets I downloaded either from SU or from google images. The ones they don't have I just scan mine and put them into the notebooks.
I have tags on all of my sets, I guess I have been so busy imputting info into the program I haven't "tried out" any of the search features. Is that pathetic or what?! ;)
The search feature in Evernote is awesome....as long as you have your notes tagged...
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-08-2013, 01:14 PM   #15  
Inking Addict

What an awesome idea? I had never thought of trying to use Evernote for this organization. I've been planning to sit down and stamp out images to catalog. I like this idea much better!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-09-2013, 01:18 PM   #16  
Kookie Creator

Quote:

Originally Posted by clepatbView Post
What an awesome idea? I had never thought of trying to use Evernote for this organization. I've been planning to sit down and stamp out images to catalog. I like this idea much better!
Much easier than stamping and, if you are like me, anything that can be done electronically, the better!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-09-2013, 02:13 PM   #17  
Inking Addict

Quote:

Much easier than stamping and, if you are like me, anything that can be done electronically, the better!!
I know. And I just figured out how to take pics on my android and send to Evernote. Score!!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-09-2013, 04:53 PM   #18  
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

Originally Posted by clepatbView Post
I know. And I just figured out how to take pics on my android and send to Evernote. Score!!!
do share, thanks
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-16-2013, 02:08 PM   #19  
Gallery Gazer

I'm loving reading this thread! I use and love Evernote but these are some thigns I have never thought of! I have cut up catalogs to make a huge notebook and still feel somewhat unorganized. I would love your Evernote files. They sound wonderful! What do you need to share them? Email address?

Thanks so much!

PS I found an app called Copic Collection that I use for keeping up with my Copics. However, it doesn't sync with my ipad so I just have it on my iphone.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-16-2013, 03:12 PM   #20  
Embossing Fanatic

Here are some that have a list that you can check off that is linked to a pic of all the colors, just click on the title to bring up the colors. I didn't do separate notes because there would have been alot:

Distress Inks and Distress Embossing Powders: https://www.evernote.com/pub/frankli...ssinkandpowder

Stickles & Liquid Pearls: https://www.evernote.com/pub/franklin82m/stickles

These ones have separate notes, when you click on a name it brings up the note with that pic:
Maya Road Twine Cording {Little thicker than Divine Twine} : https://www.evernote.com/pub/franklin82m/mayaroadtwine

Favorite Findings Buttons: https://www.evernote.com/pub/franklin82m/buttons

Not sure but if you "Join Notebook" you might be able to use them and not just view them. If it doesn't work, you can send me your email and I will email the notebook to you.

I am currently working on Clever Lever Punches. Not sure if they will be the link list with a link to one pic of all the shapes, or if it will be the link list with a link to individual notes of each shape.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-16-2013, 06:04 PM   #21  
Pearl-ExPert

Quote:

Right now I have SU Stamps (Current); SU Stamps (Retired); Big Shot Dies; Embosslits and Embossing Folders; Stamps (Non-SU); SU Wheels (Current); SUWheels (Retired); SU Punches

To add a photo, just find the photo; right click and copy; open the note; right click and paste. It's that simple!!
To add a photo, you don't even have to right click it and and copy, you can click and drag it into a note on Evernote. It saves a ton of clicking. This method doesn't work on every picture but I've found it works on most. The ones that don't work are the ones on Ebay where it says "click on to zoom" of "click to enlarge". I haven't been able to drag them.

I'm trying to find pictures of my old Quickutz 2 x 2 dies and enter them into Evernote so that I can to a search and use them. They have been sitting in notebooks unused for years. I've been going through them and I've found I have alot of cute ones (especially the tags and labels).
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-16-2013, 06:10 PM   #22  
Stazon Splitcoast

thanks again ladies~
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-17-2013, 03:21 AM   #23  
Cardstock Collector

Thanks for the help ladies.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-17-2013, 05:19 AM   #24  
Inking Addict

Quote:

Originally Posted by iluvpaper2View Post
To add a photo, you don't even have to right click it and and copy, you can click and drag it into a note on Evernote. It saves a ton of clicking. This method doesn't work on every picture but I've found it works on most. The ones that don't work are the ones on Ebay where it says "click on to zoom" of "click to enlarge". I haven't been able to drag them.

I'm trying to find pictures of my old Quickutz 2 x 2 dies and enter them into Evernote so that I can to a search and use them. They have been sitting in notebooks unused for years. I've been going through them and I've found I have alot of cute ones (especially the tags and labels).
From my Android phone I have the option to create a note in Evernote from a picture. It's in the same place where I can send a picture to Facebook. So easy!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-19-2013, 09:27 AM   #25  
Glitter Queen

I use evernote for so many things but never thought of it for my stamps. Thanks for the smack in the head ladies. I have mostly non-SU stamps are you guys creating a notebook for each company? I'm not sure which would be better. If they are in notebooks by company when I'm shopping it would be easier to see if I had a stamp already I think - what do you guys think?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-19-2013, 10:12 AM   #26  
Kookie Creator

Quote:

Originally Posted by mandriaccioView Post
I use evernote for so many things but never thought of it for my stamps. Thanks for the smack in the head ladies. I have mostly non-SU stamps are you guys creating a notebook for each company? I'm not sure which would be better. If they are in notebooks by company when I'm shopping it would be easier to see if I had a stamp already I think - what do you guys think?
you don't necessarily have to make separate notebooks for each company, just tag them. that way you can search say "birthday" "SU" and it would bring up those that are tagged birthday and SU....
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-19-2013, 02:18 PM   #27  
Gallery Gazer

Quote:

To add a tag, there is a tag at the top of each note and you just click it and add your key word; keep adding tags...I haven't found that there is a maximum!

Moving notes is really simple...just click and drag to whatever notebook you need. You can also add tags to multiple notes...

It's an amazing system and I'm sure I'm not using it to its fullest potential. I keep saying that I'm going to watch the videos to learn what I can, but so far I haven't taken the time!
Can you share your notebook? This sounds awesome!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-19-2013, 02:53 PM   #28  
Gallery Gazer

Is there anyway to switch a shared notebook so it can be edited? It won't let me do anything or ' check' the ones I have. It just says it a read only note. HELP!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-20-2013, 04:18 AM   #29  
Kookie Creator

Laurie pm me your email address and when I get home ( and on a real computer) I will email them to you
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-23-2013, 11:15 AM   #30  
Kookie Creator

What a cool idea. I'd never heard of Evernote but will definitely be doing some research on it. I have the copic app on my phone but would love one to keep track of inks, dies, etc.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-24-2013, 04:02 AM   #31  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 23 Likes on 10 Posts

COPIC app? hmmm, off to find it
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-25-2013, 11:30 PM   #32  
Rubber Obsessor

Just ...finished....my....ink...pad/refills...notebooks....THUD!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-26-2013, 06:30 AM   #33  
Embossing Fanatic

Quote:

Laurie pm me your email address and when I get home ( and on a real computer) I will email them to you
You were such an awesome help for me!!!!!!! Thanks!!!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-26-2013, 06:33 AM   #34  
Embossing Fanatic

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hiding in My Craft RoomView Post
Is there anyway to switch a shared notebook so it can be edited? It won't let me do anything or ' check' the ones I have. It just says it a read only note. HELP!
I am not sure but if you "join" then can you do stuff with it?

If anyone wants any that I have done...send me your email and let me know which ones you want and I will email them to you so you can save and edit them
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-26-2013, 07:37 AM   #35  
Rubber Obsessor

Red face Ink, Ink, everywhere

Quote:

Just ...finished....my....ink...pad/refills...notebooks....THUD!
The reason I was so tired after that was inputting over 200 various kinds of ink products in my studio throughout several companies along with the retired ones, the ones matched to refills, the refills that no longer has pads due to various reasons (leaving the pad at craft booth, allowing a lid to be off for a week, wrecked multicolored pads etc.), retired pads and refills PLUS the paints and glazes I use for card making.
Distress Pads
Kaleida-color pads
Versafine
Ink Dauber Delights
Glaze
Walnut Inks
Ranger Color Wash Sprays
Ranger Daubers
Ranger Pads & refills
Stampin Up! Pads & refills including "In Colors" and Retired
Staz-On
Memento Dew Drops
Smooch Paints (I love these little guys!)
I decided to add notebooks with all of my Prismacolor pencils, Inktense pencils, Staedtler Aqua pencils, pastels and my tubes of watercolor.
Plus, just as I thought I was done, I found a large plastic box full of $1 stamp pads I bought when I was just starting out and didn't know anything about stamp pads and such. Those are getting donated to the local grade school, not bothering to inventory them!
It was about 3Am I guess when I finished...I had no idea it was so late! :confused:
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-26-2013, 08:03 AM   #36  
Embossing Fanatic

Wow!! Must feel good though to have accomplished so much!!!! YEAH!!!!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-31-2013, 05:31 AM   #37  
Kookie Creator

Smile

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mary*MIView Post
You were such an awesome help for me!!!!!!! Thanks!!!!
no problem!! Glad I could help!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-24-2013, 05:24 PM   #38  
April 2012 Swapper of the Month

Received 23 Likes on 6 Posts
Default Thanks!

Thank you Sarah for sharing your notebooks - what a time saver! Now I have to go back and input all the ones I have that you didn't have! whew!

Has anyone done a notebook with Designer Paper???? Have you tagged the colors? Would you share? I'll slowly start putting mine in, and happy to share....but hopefully someone else has done it already!
xoxo
Amy

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-24-2013, 07:53 PM   #39  

Well ladies, since it seems no one has started a notebook of DSP, I guess I will ;)
Most of my DSP is retired, but I just love to catalog my paper and I already did a excel spreadsheet (on another thread) that sorts ALL the DSP by color - it's fabulous, but it would be great to have my DSP at the ready. That what I love most about this evernote - having it sync and able to sort by all the limits I can imagine
I'm hooked. Stay tuned, I'll post my DSP file and you guys can use and adjust to your own inventory.
Hugs
Amy

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-25-2013, 07:15 PM   #40  

Default DSP Notebook

Do you want my copy of my DSP notebook? I do have some digital in there, but you can easily delete those tags. You can PM me your email and I'll send it to you.
Hugs
Amy

Gonna try to give you my dropbox
https://www.dropbox.com/s/5ump9og9jv...rnote_DSP.enex
If someone tries it, LMK if it worked for you.

Last edited by amyphelps; 08-25-2013 at 07:19 PM..
Reply With Quote Likes