View Single Post
Unread 12-28-2013, 11:40 AM   #10435
muddy otter
Directionally Challenged Parrothead

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stampin Wrose View Post
They said the weather had an affect in some areas. And even if it doesn't look like your path of mail was affected, if you take some vehicles out of commission because they are stuck in some weather, that has an impact, and of course, we all know they don't take a straight line, they go to distribution hubs, so ....

But basically the late surge in online orders and shipping was more than anybody had planned for.

Next year, Thanksgiving is one day earlier than it was this year. So - I think I'll try to be more ready. But I say that every year. I like to pick up stuff all year and I still failed to get enough variety for my little sister this year. We like to send silly stuff sometimes, ya know? Like she send DH two cool flip books, you know, you flip the pages to see the picture move? One is on the history of flight, so goes from old plane to Space Shuttle and the other is on the Apollo missions! Inexpensive but cool.
Interesting.

I usually pick up presents while traveling so not much shopping after turkey day for me. And what little there is, I do after Christmas due to wacky family celebration. This year with family's agreement I donated to a food bank in their name instead of buying lots of presents.
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!