Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 11-11-2013, 05:21 AM   #1  
Inking Addict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Hi everyone!! An introduction to me!!

Hi! I have been looking at this site for a long time now but I finally decided I wanted to try out some of the different things like swapping etc. so I am now a member.

A little about me - my name is Tina. I am from Massachusetts and live right on the line of Rhode Island. I am about 45 minutes from boston. I have one daughter who is 10 months old and 2 dogs.

As far as crafting. I love it all - I love to learn new things but I don't consider myself very creative because I haven't done like wreaths and house decorations - but want to start. I do a lot of card making and scrapbooking. I started all of this probably at least 6 years ago (wow it's been a long time). I think I was looking for things online and went to a Stampin up card making class. I was hooked! Now over the years I have acquired quite a bit of supplies, stamp sets, etc. unfortunately I was robbed a little over a year ago by people I thought were my friends who I shared my hobby with and a lot of my supplies were stolen. I didn't let it get me down. I started getting more stuff and making more.

When I had my daughter I stopped for awhile due to obvious reasons but I think now is really the best time to get back into it. I have tons of pictures of her that need to be put into a scrapbook and lots of things I can do with her and eventually teach her.

So there's my story. Please feel free to introduce yourself, give me any tips... Anything.

Thanks for letting me be a part of this great group!
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-11-2013, 05:32 AM   #2  
SCS Community Manager Splitcoast Dirty Dozen Alumni

Received 1,552 Likes on 668 Posts
Send a message via Skype™ to UnderstandBlue

Hi Tina and welcome!

I'm glad you found us!

I would definitely check out our daily challenges (they are listed by day on the home page) - those are a great way to get out of your comfort zone, but use supplies you already have!

I have some good orientation links in my signature - so have fun, look around, ask questions and let me know if I can help you with anything!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-11-2013, 06:42 PM   #3  
Hardware Hotshot

Hi Tina and welcome from New Zealand! There are lots of different ways of being creative so don't let your lack of wreath expertise hold you back! That is great you have joined up - this forum is full of inspiration and help.
Stephanie
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-12-2013, 03:32 AM   #4  
Inking Addict

I will look at the links in your signature and check out the daily challenge. There is so much on this site I don't think I could ever see everything but it definitely gives me something positive to do with any free time I have! Thank you for being so welcoming!

Quote:

Originally Posted by UnderstandBlueView Post
Hi Tina and welcome!

I'm glad you found us!

I would definitely check out our daily challenges (they are listed by day on the home page) - those are a great way to get out of your comfort zone, but use supplies you already have!

I have some good orientation links in my signature - so have fun, look around, ask questions and let me know if I can help you with anything!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-12-2013, 03:33 AM   #5  
Inking Addict

Thank you for the warm welcome. It is much appreciated!

Quote:

Originally Posted by parkesView Post
Hi Tina and welcome from New Zealand! There are lots of different ways of being creative so don't let your lack of wreath expertise hold you back! That is great you have joined up - this forum is full of inspiration and help.
Stephanie
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-17-2013, 01:15 PM   #6  
Insane Embellisher

Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts

Do you live close to New Port? In 1999 my husband and I and our 2 daughters stayed overnight at the Rose Island Lighthouse . My girls were 9 & 11. We had an amazing time at the Lighthouse and in New Port.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-17-2013, 10:03 PM   #7  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 3,395 Likes on 1,170 Posts

Hi Tina, welcome from sunny Spain. Our Son and DIL lived in in Boston for two years and we had a lovely time over there visiting. We were quite taken with all the English town names, Swansea is where my friend lives in England and our eldest son lived in Braintree at the time, we felt quite at home. You'll find plenty of inspiration on here and everyone is so friendly, hope to see some of your scrapbook pages and cards.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-19-2013, 02:12 PM   #8  
Inking Addict

Hi! I live about a half an hour from Newport. It's beautiful there. I actually lived there when I was 18 and first moved out.

Yes everyone on here is very friendly and helpful. Thank you all!
Reply With Quote Likes