Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 10-24-2013, 04:20 PM   #1  
Glitter Queen

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Scraprack system

I just saw a video on Scraprack organizer and although I loved the concept and do not love the price. $100 for basic start up and that does not include any inserts. So my question is, does anyone have any ideas on how to make a similar system? with out the huge price tag? I don't mind individual binders (Probably prefer it for now) But I loved the inserts. Any ideas? Or maybe where I could buy inserts like that but much cheaper?
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-25-2013, 11:43 AM   #2  
Crimping Master

Received 39 Likes on 12 Posts

I have set up something similar. I purchased 3 large scrapbooks and have also purchased plastic pages. I think mine might be from We R Memory Keepers, but you could use page protector that comes in a variety of picture configurations. I do not make scrapbooks so usually I don't pay much attention to the scrapbook sections of stores, but I have noticed that Archiver's has a lot of different scrapbooks and pages to choose from. I am sure that other stores would have options, too. I use pages that fit what I am trying to store. The pages I have come in many different styles, so I can usually find a page that matches. I haven't purchased any pages for a long time, but I think I have found them at Michaels.

In the albums I store anything that is not easily stored in my floss boxes, where I store most of my small embellishments. So I have things like bling that comes in sheets or rows, a sticker page, stencils, stamped images that are leftover when a project is done, etc in my albums, sorted by theme. I also have a letter and color section for things that don't fit in a theme. I wouldn't say that I am thrilled with this idea because the albums are big and bulky, but it does keep things together. I store mine away in a desk so they don't sit out like a Scraprack would. I wouldn't have room to have a whole Scraprack set up. Let us know what you decide to use.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-25-2013, 05:03 PM   #3  
Rubber Obsessor

I have my "stuff" sorted by theme then stored by theme in iris cases - they're about 13-14 inches square. I use the photos pages that annie (above) described. These pages fit into the cases. My paper is stored by theme in the cases with the photo pocket pages. It is easy to pick up what theme I need, open the case in my lap with the lid toward me and sort/sift through. I use to have my stickers/diecuts/embellies in the pocket pages in notebooks or PBS binders. This became too heavy and unhandy to look through. I always had to lay those flat. The cases work much better for me.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-26-2013, 05:31 AM   #4  
Crimping Master

Quote:

Originally Posted by red hat maryView Post
I have my "stuff" sorted by theme then stored by theme in iris cases - they're about 13-14 inches square. I use the photos pages that annie (above) described. These pages fit into the cases. My paper is stored by theme in the cases with the photo pocket pages. It is easy to pick up what theme I need, open the case in my lap with the lid toward me and sort/sift through. I use to have my stickers/diecuts/embellies in the pocket pages in notebooks or PBS binders. This became too heavy and unhandy to look through. I always had to lay those flat. The cases work much better for me.
This method sounds like a good idea.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-26-2013, 03:22 PM   #5  
Glitter Queen

Quote:

Originally Posted by annie*View Post
I have set up something similar. I purchased 3 large scrapbooks and have also purchased plastic pages. I think mine might be from We R Memory Keepers, but you could use page protector that comes in a variety of picture configurations. I do not make scrapbooks so usually I don't pay much attention to the scrapbook sections of stores, but I have noticed that Archiver's has a lot of different scrapbooks and pages to choose from. I am sure that other stores would have options, too. I use pages that fit what I am trying to store. The pages I have come in many different styles, so I can usually find a page that matches. I haven't purchased any pages for a long time, but I think I have found them at Michaels.

In the albums I store anything that is not easily stored in my floss boxes, where I store most of my small embellishments. So I have things like bling that comes in sheets or rows, a sticker page, stencils, stamped images that are leftover when a project is done, etc in my albums, sorted by theme. I also have a letter and color section for things that don't fit in a theme. I wouldn't say that I am thrilled with this idea because the albums are big and bulky, but it does keep things together. I store mine away in a desk so they don't sit out like a Scraprack would. I wouldn't have room to have a whole Scraprack set up. Let us know what you decide to use.
I think this is what I will probably do. I don't have a lot of stuff right now, but I need to organize it. My main problem seems to be paper. I don't have any where to store it except a box and my papers are starting to show damage. Plus it's not very scrap friendly. I was looking online and found that you can actually buy Scraprack pages separately, so this may be my solution, buy the pages and put them into scrapbooks.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-26-2013, 03:25 PM   #6  
Glitter Queen

Quote:

I use to have my stickers/diecuts/embellies in the pocket pages in notebooks or PBS binders.
What is a PBS binder?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-28-2013, 05:53 PM   #7  
Rubber Obsessor

PBS binder Personal Binding System-- I think that is what it is called - it's a larger 12 x 12 binder (black, cloth covered) with the pocket pages on various configurations.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-28-2013, 08:03 PM   #8  
Glitter Queen

Quote:

PBS binder Personal Binding System-- I think that is what it is called - it's a larger 12 x 12 binder (black, cloth covered) with the pocket pages on various configurations.
Ok, I'll look into that. thanks.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-10-2013, 09:56 AM   #9  
Glitter Queen

Thank you guys for your help. Ended up finding some great 12x12 binders for half off at Hobby Lobby online store. Snagged 3 of them. Already have one filled to the brim. I am loving it so far. Funny thing is, as I was sorting through all my paper, I came across a designer pack that I bought for only 1 sheet to use on a bday card for a friend. Realized that most of the paper in the pack I will never use. Now I need to come up with some rules on what I can buy. Like, can only buy a pack if I can see myself using at least 50% of the designs. So now I am not sure what to do with the other sheets. Maybe some thing will come up later where I can sneak in the other designs. *Sighs* At least it was only 1 pack that I had buyers remorse on.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-11-2013, 04:56 AM   #10  
Crimping Master

I use my less than beautiful paper to make envelopes, practice cuts on the Cricut, or practice making a template, or to test a stamp. I'm still getting some use out of the paper so I feel less guilty. Since buying the WRMK envelope board, I almost hope I have some paper I won't use making cards, so I can use it to make envelopes. I am glad the 3 ring binder idea worked out for you.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-25-2013, 08:08 AM   #11  
Pearl-ExPert

PSB stands for paper sticker binder. I use one for sticker storage and another for when I'm working on a specific album to place all of the themed papers etc..
Reply With Quote Likes