Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Closed Thread
Old 11-09-2013, 09:35 AM   #1  
Cardstock Collector

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Simon Says Stamp and terrible customer Svc anyone?

Love Kristina Werners work and because of that ended up becoming a Simon Says card kit club subscriber, and customer for over two years now. Thanks to two customer service experiences that leave me with a very unpleasant feeling, I will no longer purchase anything from or through them -- The first time, when I reported a missing stamp in my order, I was made to feel like a cheat and liar when they told me that they would not resolve until reviewing their security footage. They did replace the item, and I continued to be a customer, but had a similar experience with the kit club -- my box arrived smashed. I sent email to the regular help desk which is the only one listed on their website main page) and received no response for over a week. I called and was told to resend my request to the kitclub email. They then made me take pictures of the damaged box and contents, and the final response was to take it up with the post office. If they have no intention of standing by their product and customers they should not be in business. Even if I receive monetary recompense from the post office, they need to politely offer me a way to replace my completely ruined kit (papers are all crushed). Love Kelly Purkeys fun designs too, but sadly have no option but to never buy those as well anymore. Cannot in good conscience support a store where they make you feel like dirt! Given the amount of money I spend with them -- the requests I made are probably less than 1% of my purchases I feel so unhappy! :-( -- Sudha
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Glitter Guru

I read lots of 'bad' reviews a few years ago and because of that have never purchased from them. I was surprised to see them as a member company here. Sorry that you had such bad customer service. I would take the same stance as you!
Stampin' Fool

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

yes, similar experience just recently. I've had other problems with them before but they resolved them in a reasonable amount of time...started to have doubts though when the "accidents" piled up. This last problem made me decide that, no matter how much I like what they sell, I'm better off spending my money elsewhere.
Rubber Obsessor

I bought a die from their ebay store, the die never arrived, so I put in paypal claim, the money was refunded less the postage, I though ok that's not really fair as postage to Australia is expensive. I didn't say anything and just accepted the refund. The next time I tried to purchase something from them they have blocked me to buy, I didn't think this was fair.
Cardstock Collector

Default totally callous treatment

Yes -- their response was that it was up to me to take it up with the post office -- when I checked with them, they told me that since it was sent uninsured, they could offer me only an apology. I did not even get that from Simon Says Stamp. Great idea about filing with paypal -- will do that ASAP -- Thanks
Rubber Obsessor

Make sure you file your claim with paypal quickly as there is a certain time you can claim, I'm not sure but 45 days seems to be in my mind.
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

I've never ordered from them -- and probably never will, after hearing this.

But, on their website they are pretty clear that once it leaves their hands they are done, and the postal insurance option is up to you (add it in checkout).

I'm not saying that their CS is good, but they are pretty clear about their policy.

Simon Says Stamp uses USPS to ship all parcels worldwide. Simon Says Stamp is not responsible for any parcels that are lost or damaged by USPS once the parcel has left our warehouse. If you wish to purchase insurance, please choose the "with insurance" shipping option at checkout.
Glitter Guru

Received 369 Likes on 219 Posts

I still find it hard to believe that so many "celebrities" are affiliated with this company. I have read about so many horrible experiences with them that I would never order from them, no matter who is designing for them.
Stampin' Fool

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by Illinois MargeView Post
I've never ordered from them -- and probably never will, after hearing this.

But, on their website they are pretty clear that once it leaves their hands they are done, and the postal insurance option is up to you (add it in checkout).

I'm not saying that their CS is good, but they are pretty clear about their policy.

Simon Says Stamp uses USPS to ship all parcels worldwide. Simon Says Stamp is not responsible for any parcels that are lost or damaged by USPS once the parcel has left our warehouse. If you wish to purchase insurance, please choose the "with insurance" shipping option at checkout.
Thank you for sharing this. I've never seen that notice before today! I definitely learned something . You know, it's not like I don't know the Postal people can mess up but for some reason I've had it in my mind that it was the company's fault and it actually could have been the PO that misplaced my package!
Insane Embellisher

Ive been wanting to buy from them, but I have also heard bad things here and there. So for now Im just going to keep looking, but not going to buy from them. Customer service is VERY important!!!

Last edited by ThatGirlThere; 11-09-2013 at 09:36 PM..
Cardstock Collector

Quote:

Originally Posted by klh54View Post
Thank you for sharing this. I've never seen that notice before today! I definitely learned something . You know, it's not like I don't know the Postal people can mess up but for some reason I've had it in my mind that it was the company's fault and it actually could have been the PO that misplaced my package!
Guess I've been spoilt by amazon, usually get refunds on things that break during shipment etc. and have no issues at all. Have had great experience with Unity Stamps, Ellen Hutson, frantic stamper in the few instances there were any issues. I guess it pays to look at the fine print. For the kit club I don't see an option to add insurance or anything -- I usually pay the invoice via paypal. Will stick to what I can get on amazon or the more trusted sites.
Die Cut Diva

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chris PearceView Post
I bought a die from their ebay store, the die never arrived, so I put in paypal claim, the money was refunded less the postage, I though ok that's not really fair as postage to Australia is expensive. I didn't say anything and just accepted the refund. The next time I tried to purchase something from them they have blocked me to buy, I didn't think this was fair.
I agree; definitely not fair.

I find it ironic that their banner ad is flashing at the top of this thread. :confused:
Embossing Fanatic

Just another perspective. I am a member of SSS Monthly Card Kit. This month's was my second, and to my disappointment, the wooden camera Embelishment was in tiny pieces. I was really looking forward to that particular piece in the kit. I emailed them explaining the situation and received a response the next day apologizing and letting me know they would immediately ship out a replacement. A few days later, I received TWO camera embellishment replacements and a handwritten note.
Things do happen during shipping. I have often seen packages being mishandled in full view of customers while in the P.O. I've found the best course of action is to immediately take pictures and email them to customer service of the company.
Rubber Obsessor

Thank you Splitcoaststampers for providing this forum. If there are several folks with customer service complaints from a company, then they won't be getting my business.I appreciate the warnings as well as the encouraging words from others.When others rave about a companies customer service then I know I will be taken care of by them. Thank you.
Mad Swapper

Hello Splitcoast Members!

It truly saddens us to read this thread. We strive to be a store that delivers our customers fast & friendly service. While our protocol may sometimes cause a delay in the swiftness of an issue being resolved, please know that these methods have been installed to secure we can take care of you properly. It is not our intention in any way to make you feel bad when we question what happened to your parcel. Understanding what happened is part of us understanding how we can make things better (if it's something under our control) Unfortunately, when the USPS mishandles a parcel, it is out of our control.

We appreciate your feedback and our dedicated team is always working to become a better company for you.

As a Splitcoast Member Company, we value your feedback and support the stamping community.
SCS Community Manager Splitcoast Dirty Dozen Alumni

Received 1,551 Likes on 667 Posts
Send a message via Skype™ to UnderstandBlue

Thank you Heidi!

I appreciate you coming here to respond personally.

In these instances, we always close a thread after a company owner responds, which I will be doing now.

In addition to the resources on their own site, you can of course communicate with Heidi or other Simon Says Stamp team members directly here via private message.

Have a great Monday!