Prize Winner!

by gaylestamps

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

View Poll Results: Where do you craft?
craft room 28 70.00%
bedroom, living room, dining room 10 25.00%
closet 0 0%
other 2 5.00%
Voters: 40. You may not vote on this poll

Old 11-07-2013, 09:06 AM   #1  
Dirty Dozen Alumni

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Where do you craft?

Where do you craft? Do you have a craft room of your very own? Where have you set up your happy place?
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

I'm sure I'm in the minority, but I've never wanted to have a "craft room" or a "studio". I don't like the idea of being isolated in a separate room from the rest of my house when I'm working on a project.

I keep all my supplies in a spare bedroom where I've set up lots of bookcases and other storage. I bring out what I need and set up on a game-type table in my living area. I am only steps away from the kitchen and our library/computer room.

Our children are grown and there is only me, my sweet retired hubby, and a mischievous toy poodle to deal with, so I'm not really interrupted much.

In addition to papercraft, I also sew quite a bit, and that's where I set up my sewing machine when I'm sewing also.

I usually have the TV going on cable news so I can be sure the world is not ending today, lol.

It's a little bit of trouble to take stuff back and forth, but I like to be out in the open. My husband is a "kitchen-table-sitter" where he has his coffee, reads, and does paperwork, so I can chat with him while I work.

He is my biggest cheerleader. Whatever I show him, he usually says, "That's beautiful, darlin'. What is it?"

"Be kind whenever possible. It is always possible." Dalai Lama
Full of Malarky

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

I have a spare bedroom that was meant to be my craft room. However, it spills out to the kitchen and dining room table, and I've got a big paper holder and more shelves downstairs. However, when I craft , I craft at the kitchen table.

Like you Bugga, my kids are grown , though our 23 year son still lives at home. When my husband is home from work in the evening, he too sits at the kitchen table and reads a book while he drinks his herbal tea. I'm not sure if my husband is my biggest cheerleader, more like - how much did you spend for that new "contraband."

Polyshrink Goddess

Received 4 Likes on 1 Post

Our basement is divided in half - one half houses the laundry, a half bath, the furnace, etc... The other half is designed to be a family room I guess. I use half of that as my craft room. The other half has two couches, the tv (which is never used now that the dc are at college), and dd's piano.

Dh sometimes sits down there in the evening to read, study or work on the computer while I stamp or scrap, so we're still together and can talk. OTOH, if he needs peace and quiet, he stays in the living room while I work downstairs. Even at that, we're only half a flight of stairs apart, so it's easy to talk back and forth.
Compulsive Stamper

I took the smallest bedroom in the house and created a crafting office. I say "office" because this is where all the cutting and kit prep happens as well as all the blogging and marketing and email answering. However, when it comes to leading a class, it's in the eat-in-kitchen kitchen where I may have a pot of soup going this winter. When it comes to putting the vellum butterflies on a dozen sympathy cards for the Card Ministry, I work on laptop table also known as a Sterlite Shoe Box with the lid on. ;) There are tasks that I do well alone, and then there are tasks that I'd like to have going on in the hub of the house for company!
Embossing Fanatic

I call my craft room my office as well.

It's a teeny 8x8 bedroom, really not suited for a proper bedroom and I have it floor to ceiling covered in artwork and shelves with supplies and bookcases that hold my large model horse collection. I also have my favorite Hallmark ornaments hanging up year-round as well as some childhood toys. It's very much an inspiration/feel good room.

I like how everything is contained and that if I leave it messy I can just close the door. I also keep it closed since our three cats would wreak havoc in it when I'm not home!
Glitter Guru

Received 807 Likes on 528 Posts

I craft in my dining room at the end of the dining room table. I have a bookcase in there too that has my papers and punches in it. I keep a few baskets of embellies and ribbons in there too. I can see the TV from the table and also see my 10-year old son running around in the living room. DH sits in his recliner, watching TV and while we can't see each other, we do talk to each other and make comments about what's on TV.

Bless DH for not complaining the dining room table looking like a complete wreck all the time :p
Kookie Creator

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have a workshop up over my garage.
I can do all things through Christ who gives me strength. PhiL. 4:13
Cardstock Collector

I have a craft room where I work when I am alone, but most Saturdays I am in the dinning room, because I have friends over and we craft together at the dinning room table.
Die Cut Diva

my bedroom takes up half my condo and within the bedroom, I initially had a craft nook. Well, after living here alone for ten years, I'm trading in the queen sized bed for a twin sized bed with lots of understorage and moving the bed to the nook and the craft space takes up the rest of the room. I will be able to fit a table with room to seat four comfortably so I can hold teeny classes here.

For now, I craft on my bed, on my couch... wherever.
Rubber Obsessor

When we built an addition 13 years ago, we had a bedroom on the end of the house which would have become a longer hallway. I opened it up to make a combination craft studio, library, home office. Not too far from the kitchen so I just eye an eye on things to keep from burning- most of the time. Love that it's not in view of guests but still close enough to the hub of household activity.