Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 10-27-2009, 03:49 AM   #1  
Dirty Dozen Alumni
SCS Challenge Hostess

This is My Story.

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Smile HOW DOES THE TEAPOT TUESDAY CHALLENGE WORK?

Welcome to Teapot Tuesday!
The Sisterhood of The Traveling Teaparty!
Warning! Be Careful!
You are entering the world of make believe!

Before I go any further let me say that anyone can join us in this challenge. Its not by invitation only, its an open to the public Splitcoast Challenge. You also do not have to write a story, just be inspired by the teapot and if you choose, you can be inspired by the challenge story and our destination!

Each week I will provide you with a destination for your card should you chose to send it to the recipient! The information will be listed at the bottom of each challenge under Teapot Tuesday Destination Station. Within that paragraph, there will be a link to the Destination Station thread which which will lead you to more information about the recipient as well as the address to mail your card to. Please know that sending your card to the recipient is not required, it is completely 100% optional and voluntary!

This is my story!

You are invited to a tea party!

1. Teapot Tuesday is an inspiration challenge. It all started when I participated in a SCS Saturday morning inspiration challenge that required us to be inspired by something in our home. Of course, since I have a collection of teapots, I was inspired by a giraffe teapot. And 100 teapots later, I am still at it even though I have exhausted my supply of personal teapots!! Do you know how many cool teapots there are on line? Whoo Hoo!

2. Have you ever wanted to go on vacation without going on vacation? Have you ever wanted to attend a special event even though the kids are home from school sick? Have you ever wanted to be daring and try a risky sport but have to start dinner? Have you ever wanted to not go to work without without taking days off? Have you ever wanted to party hard without even drinking? This challenge is for you then! Snort!

3. Every week I will post a teapot and the card it inspired me to make as well as a fun make believe story. (Shhh! Some of the tea-potters think its real!) There are no rules, no deadlines, no worries about being late to the teaparty! Just make a card that is inspired by the teapot and story. The worst thing that can happen to you is that you might have to come in the back door! And there are those that strive for that! Well, I take that back, another worst case scenario is that you might accidently leave your toothbrush in your room at tropical hotel or in the engine room of a submarine!!

I just have to add a couple of disclaimers to protect the innocent! (me!)

Disclaimer #1

Challenge Hostess cannot be held responsible for the making of goofy and silly cards by Challenge Participants that cannot be used for any purpose other than mailing it to another Challenge Participant due to the fear of embarrassment in mailing it to someone normal! Challenge cards are made at your own risk!

Disclaimer #2

Challenge Hostess cannot be held responsible for damaged personal property at the challenge destination, lost personal property of Challenge Participants, personal injury to Challenge Participants and last but not least, repercussions from missed airline flights or other delays from various forms of transportation!

With all that having been said…

Have Fun and Welcome to Teapot Tuesday!!

Last edited by Mothermark; 11-12-2012 at 04:14 AM..
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-28-2009, 05:53 PM   #2  
Stazon Splitcoast

Welcome back, Cindy! I see you havent wasted any time in getting right back to where you left off. I am thinking seriously I may need to get serious about joining in on the fun that everyone seems to have week and week.
DO U KNOW?
BRAK members love to send SCSers cards on their birthdays? Come join us.

"Do not go where the path may lead; go instead where there
is no path and leave a trail." ... Ralph Waldo Emerson
Fan Club Member
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-29-2009, 03:27 AM   #3  
Dirty Dozen Alumni
SCS Challenge Hostess

This is My Story.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Anne RyanView Post
Welcome back, Cindy! I see you havent wasted any time in getting right back to where you left off. I am thinking seriously I may need to get serious about joining in on the fun that everyone seems to have week and week.
I am gonna hold you to that Anne! We would love to have you!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-29-2009, 03:59 AM   #4  
Stazon Splitcoast

Why, the it's official! Tea Parties have hit the big time, and become a Splitcoast and National Tradition...congrats Cindy!!!!!!!!

Gingham Girl
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-30-2009, 05:21 AM   #5  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Giraffes & Laughs
Splitcoast Challenge Hostess

Received 13 Likes on 9 Posts

Ooh!!! An official challenge!!!! How awesome! Welcome back!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-05-2009, 06:21 PM   #6  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

this is really cool to see Tea Pot Tuesday's listed with the challanges Cindy, Way to go!, Congratulations...
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-09-2010, 03:44 AM   #7  
Dirty Dozen Alumni
SCS Challenge Hostess

This is My Story.

Bumping to the top
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-09-2010, 04:45 AM   #8  

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Send a message via Skype™ to philsmom

Hello fellow teatotallers! I happened upon your thread & read a few of your wonderful adventures. If I can find where the teapot challenge is posted for next week, I'd love to join the tea party.
Fran

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-09-2010, 02:25 PM   #9  
Dirty Dozen Alumni
SCS Challenge Hostess

This is My Story.

Hi Fran!

The Teapot Tuesday challenges are posted right here in the main SCS challenge forum under Teapot Tuesday.....I ususally post them about 8:30 to 10:00 Monday night. We would love to have you come join our tea parties.....here is a link to today's teapot challenge....you can find everyone one each week in the same area..just look for the little green arrow each week...hope to see you!

Forums at Splitcoaststampers
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-11-2010, 10:56 PM   #10  
Glitter Queen

Send a message via Skype™ to Denine aka Spice

This sounds like a blast! I am new to SCS, so I am very excited to join in some of the FUN!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-12-2010, 02:57 AM   #11  
Dirty Dozen Alumni
SCS Challenge Hostess

This is My Story.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Denine aka SpiceView Post
This sounds like a blast! I am new to SCS, so I am very excited to join in some of the FUN!!
Hey Spice! Welcome! Join us at a teaparty, you won't regret it! Snort! We have fun living in the world of make believe!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-05-2010, 06:40 PM   #12  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 1,164 Likes on 498 Posts

question Where do I find what inspired challenge number your on this week? I just wanted to look around and ect.... before I decied if join not? Do you have to have blog page? I don't thank hotwheels
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-07-2010, 06:30 PM   #13  
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

Originally Posted by hotwheelsView Post
question Where do I find what inspired challenge number your on this week? I just wanted to look around and ect.... before I decied if join not? Do you have to have blog page? I don't thank hotwheels
Linda, if you mean the TeaPot challenge, the new one (for June , it is not posted yet, at least I did not see it. Just keep watching.
You do not need a blog for the challenges found here.

My blog: http://cardsbydorothy.blogspot.com/

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-08-2010, 03:23 AM   #14  
Dirty Dozen Alumni
SCS Challenge Hostess

This is My Story.

Hi Linda! Here is a link to this week's challenge. We post them every Tuesday. This Tuesday Bonnie was good enough to sub for me:

Here is the link:

Forums at Splitcoaststampers

Check it out.....and feel free to ask any more questions...

And Dorothy, thanks for being there to answer Linda's question girlfriend! Hugs to you....
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-19-2010, 04:24 AM   #15  
Creative Crew SU Design Team Alumni

This sounds like so much fun!!! Can I be a tea potter too?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-19-2010, 07:55 AM   #16  
Stazon Splitcoast

Default Mothermarks T-pot challanges

scrappingmommy3.. If you look at Cindys Mothermarks post on the very top of this page. It will explain about the t-party challange.
She explained it pretty well, and believe me if I can understand it you should.

It really is a lot of fun and you meet the nicest people. Every Tuesday Cindy puts up a new t-pot for you to be inspired from. And she gives you these crazy stories, yup I did say crazy. and different ideas of what to make your card with. And we do a lot of traveling..so make sure your suitcase is always packed, but then that's something else too, cauze we never know where were going...oh and another thing..these stories are always *make believe* so that's the fun part...
She will always post what to put in your keyword so your card goes in the T-pot gallery... Just keep on watching the challanges. her T-pot challange is listed under the week challanges under Tuesday...Tea Pot challange....

I hope this gives you some help..
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-20-2010, 02:46 AM   #17  
Dirty Dozen Alumni
SCS Challenge Hostess

This is My Story.

Hi Christyne! Pat answered your question pretty good! Tee Hee! Thank you Pat! Oh, except, the stories are NOT MAKE BELIEVE!!! Snort...just kidding!

You are already a teapotter! Just by posting in this thread! But, I must say, the real fun comes when you do a challenge. Don't let the rowdy ones skeer you off....before long, you will fit right in. We would love to have you. Got hearts? (See challenge #103, that's today's challenge!) You can click on the link in my siggy.

Thank you Pat for being on top of this thread!!! Welcome Christyne (love that spelling!)
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-20-2010, 07:24 AM   #18  
Creative Crew SU Design Team Alumni

Thank you to both of you for your warm welcome and words of wisdom/encouragement.

I think I'll give this a try!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-23-2010, 03:51 AM   #19  
Dirty Dozen Alumni
SCS Challenge Hostess

This is My Story.

Quote:

Originally Posted by ScrappingMommyof3View Post
Thank you to both of you for your warm welcome and words of wisdom/encouragement.

I think I'll give this a try!
Yay! It was good teapartying with you!!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-30-2010, 05:37 PM   #20  
Inking Addict

Send a message via Skype™ to RubyInGA
Question Help me understand...

Quote:

Originally Posted by MothermarkView Post
Welcome to Teapot Tuesday!
The Sisterhood of The Traveling Teaparty!
Warning! Be Careful!
You are entering the world of make believe!

Before I go any further let me say that anyone can join us in this challenge. Its not invitation only, its an open public Splitcoast Challenge. You also do not have to write a story, just be inspired by the teapot and if you choose, you can be inspired by the challenge story and our destination!

This is my story!

You are invited to a tea party!

1. Teapot Tuesday is an inspiration challenge. It all started when I participated in a SCS Saturday morning inspiration challenge that required us to be inspired by something in our home. Of course, since I have a collection of teapots, I was inspired by a giraffe teapot. And 100 teapots later, I am still at it even though I have exhausted my supply of personal teapots!! Do you know how many cool teapots there are on line? Whoo Hoo!

2. Have you ever wanted to go on vacation without going on vacation? Have you ever wanted to attend a special event even though the kids are home from school sick? Have you ever wanted to be daring and try a risky sport but have to start dinner? Have you ever wanted to not go to work without without taking days off? Have you ever wanted to party hard without even drinking? This challenge is for you then! Snort!

3. Every week I will post a teapot and the card it inspired me to make as well as a fun make believe story. (Shhh! Some of the tea-potters think its real!) There are no rules, no deadlines, no worries about being late to the teaparty! Just make a card that is inspired by the teapot and story. The worst thing that can happen to you is that you might have to come in the back door! And there are those that strive for that! Well, I take that back, another worst case scenario is that you might accidently leave your toothbrush in your room at tropical hotel or in the engine room of a submarine!!

I just have to add a couple of disclaimers to protect the innocent! (me!)

Disclaimer #1

Challenge Hostess cannot be held responsible for the making of goofy and silly cards by Challenge Participants that cannot be used for any purpose other than mailing it to another Challenge Participant due to the fear of embarrassment in mailing it to someone normal! Challenge cards are made at your own risk!

Disclaimer #2

Challenge Hostess cannot be held responsible for damaged personal property at the challenge destination, lost personal property of Challenge Participants, personal injury to Challenge Participants and last but not least, repercussions from missed airline flights or other delays from various forms of transportation!

With all that having been said�

Have Fun and Welcome to Teapot Tuesday!!
I read everything you wrote here and have been looking at some of the postings. I am still not grasping how this works (not alzheimer's yet...I call it sometimer's). Are we given an address to send cards to? Is there a minimum to send to participate? Are the cards send to needy/ill people? I'm lost here. Please help clarify.

Many thanks,
Ruby
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-01-2010, 11:23 AM   #21  
Stazon Splitcoast

RubyInGA.....Hi Ruby..I am Pat (foxy67)...On Mothermarks (Cindy)....You were asking about sending cards to ill or sick ones.....Cindy has her Tuesday T-pot challange...where you can be inspired by her t-pot she put up...It doesn't have to be just like her t-pot...whatever inspired you from it, you can do you own thing....It is a fun challange to do and there are a lot of really fun ladies on there that are soooooo creative....I get a lot of ideas from them too....Just have fun with it.....no rules....

Now as far as making cards for *Ill* people....Mothermark has a challange for that...this is it...
Teapot Tuesday Destination Station - OLD INFO by Mothermark at Splitcoaststampers

This is always an option!!! She will post someone who needs some cheering up...or what ever the need might be...and getting a card from someone, always put's a smile on your face....I always feel soooo guilty for not sending out more then I do....It is a wonderful thing she is doing.....
And you can send out the same card you made for the Tue. T. pot challange or a different one......But remember...sending out a card to someone is always your choice.....
If you can follow the posts I'm sure you'll catch on what it's all about......
Give it a try....I know you'll get hooked.....
WARNING!! Cindy(Mothermark) can get a little *KOOKY* at times......snort!
PS...Yes! Cindy will include an address for the person whom you can send a card too....It will be in her Tuesday Destination Challange

Last edited by foxy67; 12-01-2010 at 11:27 AM..
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-22-2011, 05:16 PM   #22  
Matboard Maniac

I would love to be teapotter if you will have me Look forward to meeting everyone!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-24-2011, 03:49 AM   #23  
Dirty Dozen Alumni
SCS Challenge Hostess

This is My Story.

Hi there Cathy! Of course we will have you!

Okay, you are a teapotter! Ha! Just join us in the fun! I post the challenges every Monday night. They are in this same Teapot Tuesday Forum and there is always a red heart attached to the current challenge.

Its very flexible, do not be pressured to do anything. You have the beginning of an awesome gallery, with some very cute cards in it. I have noticed you have not uploaded a card in a long time. You need to start doing that again girlfriend! Your cards are adorable and fun! You will fit in with our group quite nicely! You can join our challenge each week, make a card and post it in the teapot gallery using the keywords and we all will look forward to seeing and commenting on them. If you are extremely busy and can't do the challenges every week, we would love to see you when you can come, no pressure there.

I have a Teapotter email group and a Teapotter Cheater group. Because many of us are so busy in our lives, I send out the Tuesday challenges every week on Friday so the girls (cheaters) can get a jump on making their card over the weekend for the following Tuesday's challenge. SCS was kind enough to give me permission to do this. The cheaters just don't upload their cards until I get the challenge up and running on Monday night. We also sometimes do email card drives. I don't send out any junk email and clog up people's email accounts.

If you prefer not upload, that is fine also, you can just follow us along week to week and if you chose, you can send cards to the Destination Station recipients out of your stash but we sure would like to encourage you in your card making my making comments and seeing you build your gallery! No pressure, no deadlines, no requirements, no rules. That's us! Our motto is:

We would love to have you come to a teaparty, but understand when you can't.

So pm me with your email address if you would like to be added and also let me know what your birthdate is so I can add you to the Birthday Bash......then we can wish you a happy birthday on your special day!

Welcome to the teapotters!!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-28-2011, 12:44 AM   #24  
Kookie Creator

I'd love to be a teapotter. Still trying to work it all out and how it all works.
I am in Australia, so I hope that doesn't put an x next to my name and stop me from being able to play?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-28-2011, 04:48 AM   #25  
Dirty Dozen Alumni
SCS Challenge Hostess

This is My Story.

Are you kidding? Our Aussie buddies are most welcome! No red X's for you! Snort! You are in!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-28-2011, 01:48 PM   #26  
Kookie Creator

hehe you make me laff!! Thanx
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-01-2011, 09:15 PM   #27  
Kookie Creator

Teapot garden photos are now uploaded into my gallery.

Edited to add that the photos have been popped into the Teapotters Show and Tell thread instead

Last edited by deannestewartmills; 07-02-2011 at 05:03 PM..
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-18-2013, 11:47 AM   #28  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 155 Likes on 75 Posts

Looks like I try my hand at being a teapotter! Hard to believe, but I've never seen/read this thread! Something tells me I've really been missing out, huh/ ;)
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-24-2013, 05:21 AM   #29  

Yea...good to have you here....Yep, we have a lot of fun
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-15-2014, 04:58 AM   #30  
Rubber Obsessor

I really enjoy The Teapot Challenge, even though I don't always get my cards posted.
One thing annoys me. I usually don't do card making on the weekend. Many challenges are available the night before after 10-11 pm (CDT) You have a sub-group that can be joined to get the challenge on the weekend. Why, oh why, is it not up on Tues. by 7am (CDT)? If it isn't up by by 8am I can't see it until around 4pm - (Tues is my day to be a volunteer teacher/interpreter at the zoo) That gap between reading it and being able to start allows the story to simmer and I come up with better ideas.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-23-2016, 06:32 AM   #31  
Crimping Master

Received 61 Likes on 54 Posts

I really want to play along with these challenges~! They seem like such fun!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-23-2016, 06:54 AM   #32  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Received 2,980 Likes on 1,496 Posts

Just jump in!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-24-2016, 05:14 AM   #33  

Ditto to what Sharon said.....New teapotters are always welcome. Just make a card and post it....and away we go (It helps to be a bit crazy)

Sheri
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-31-2016, 07:40 PM   #34  
Matboard Maniac

I'm attempting to link up this week. I hope I can find the Destination Station. If I get lost along the way, please feel free to email me to guide me.
Blessings,
Karen
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-02-2016, 05:25 AM   #35  

Heart

Quote:

Originally Posted by MyCupRunnethOverView Post
I'm attempting to link up this week. I hope I can find the Destination Station. If I get lost along the way, please feel free to email me to guide me.
Blessings,
Karen
PMd you
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-19-2016, 01:03 PM   #36  
Stazon Splitcoast

I have been around long enough so I should know - cannot figure out who to contact regarding the snail mail list.
Please delete our summer address - we are now living in AZ year round.
Thank you!

My blog: http://cardsbydorothy.blogspot.com/

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-21-2016, 04:08 PM   #37  
Cardstock Collector

Oh I love this area I have a teapot collection and would love to join you all. Boo.... :( at this time all my stuff is packed up because we are in the middle of building our retirement home. Plus, we have two of my husbands grown nieces and one of their 5 yr olds living with us at the moment so said craft/sewing room was packed up and made into a toy room.... sigh!!! But, once moved and new craft room ready for business I will be back.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-22-2016, 01:48 PM   #38  

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cward827View Post
Oh I love this area I have a teapot collection and would love to join you all. Boo.... :( at this time all my stuff is packed up because we are in the middle of building our retirement home. Plus, we have two of my husbands grown nieces and one of their 5 yr olds living with us at the moment so said craft/sewing room was packed up and made into a toy room.... sigh!!! But, once moved and new craft room ready for business I will be back.
great....can't wait to see you join us
Reply With Quote Likes