Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 10-13-2013, 10:07 AM   #1  
Embossing Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Lowestprice for Cuttlebug ?

I have had my Cuttlebug for years and use it constantly. Now I want to buy one for my sister. Does anyone know where I can get the lowest price ? I've seen it for about $69 at Consumer Crafts with $1.97 shipping but think I shoud be able to do better than that. We do have Hobby Lobby in town but their price is $89 and I don't think they accept the 40% off coupon.
Folks on Splitcoast are always so helpful- I'm hoping someone knows of a better buy.
Also, do all the platforms come with the newer models or do you have to purchase something separately ? Thanks for any suggestions.
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-13-2013, 11:36 AM   #2  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Here is a great price, $49.60, on the Cuttlebug at Walmart online. You can order it shipped free to your local store for pick up:

Cuttlebug Machine v2 - Walmart.com

"Be kind whenever possible. It is always possible." Dalai Lama
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-13-2013, 11:54 AM   #3  
Pearl-ExPert

Received 89 Likes on 59 Posts

Here is a suggestion how you might get one for $7.10 like I did. Lol
Give your sister a 50%off coupon for Michaels then give her a gift card for Mikes with it.

I asked for Michael's gift cards for my birth day in small amounts. then when I got 50% off coupon for Michaels I used that plus my gift cards. This way if you decide to do it, depending on how much you want to spend on her gift there might be enough for some embossing folders. when my bug breaks down I will do the same thing. Just a suggestion on how to get the best price.lol
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-13-2013, 12:23 PM   #4  
Embossing Fanatic

Hey, Canada Goose, I love it ! It's a tempting thought but I want it for next week for her birthday, so will go with Buggainok's suggestion of Walmart- great price ! (Thank you !) Another sister has already ordered a bunch of embossing folders for her from Consumer Crafts at a great price so I need to make sure she has something to use them with ! I've been obsessed with cardmaking for years and LOVE Splitcoast. Everyone is so friendly and helpful. Now my sisters are starting to see what my obsession is like. And WE are all sisters under the skin- so lucky to have found a great hobby. Thanks for the help.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-13-2013, 02:51 PM   #5  
Kookie Creator

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Beware of the fine print on the coupons. Four (or five?) years ago when I got my Bug, JoAnns just started to disallow electronic die cutting machines and Cricut. I had to point out that just because the color and manufacture were the same, the Bug was a manual device. Now both companies (in the L.A. area) state no die cutting machines. Stinkers. If you have another company's coupon that doesn't have the restriction, you can use it.

Another heads up: Check out the prices of both stores. JoAnns was $10 less expensive than Michaels.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-13-2013, 04:46 PM   #6  
Embossing Fanatic

That's quite interesting ! I did notice on Joann's coupon states that they are not volid for die cutting machines. Will order from Walmart and not worry about coupons. Thanks !
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-14-2013, 11:32 AM   #7  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Creative Crew SU Design Team Alumni

Received 219 Likes on 134 Posts

I have a friend with a newer model Bug than mine (I've had mine for ages), and hers did not come with the "C" plate like the original did - kind of a pain because you need that plate for some dies. So you have to pay extra now for that plate.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-14-2013, 12:15 PM   #8  
Embossing Fanatic

OHhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh, thank you ! I thought I had heard someplace that they now come without something. I'll hit Hobby Lobby with my 40 % coupon for the C plate. I use mine all the time ! I'm very grateful to you all. Thanks.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-14-2013, 12:23 PM   #9  
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

Originally Posted by grannyiView Post
OHhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh, thank you ! I thought I had heard someplace that they now come without something. I'll hit Hobby Lobby with my 40 % coupon for the C plate. I use mine all the time ! I'm very grateful to you all. Thanks.
I'd forgotten, too. I did notice, however, that the machine does come with an embossing folder, so that helps a little at least, to get that as an extra.

It's a little misleading though, because the description says "comes with cutting plates", but if you don't have the C plate, you can only emboss, not die cut.

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-14-2013, 05:15 PM   #10  
Embossing Fanatic

Seems to me that it's kind of like buying a car with no tires ! LOL
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-14-2013, 05:22 PM   #11  
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

Originally Posted by grannyiView Post
Seems to me that it's kind of like buying a car with no tires ! LOL
You're right, lol. It might be they decided not to include the C plate because the Cuttlebug focus was originally embossing, and they were kind of the first to have all the embossing folders. Now everyone makes them.

I've used my Cuttlebug for die cutting ever since Spellbinders Nestabilities became popular, but I did notice that Cuttlebug was never very big in the die department. They had a few to start with, but most of them have been discontinued.

Maybe they decided they didn't want to provide a plate to use with competitors products? Or more likely, just wanted to make a few extra bucks when crafters have to buy their own C plate.

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-14-2013, 05:40 PM   #12  
Embossing Fanatic

Guess I'm cynical- I tend to think it's to make a few extra bucks. Kind of sneaky, since I (at least) would expect to find all the plates in the box. I bought mine years ago and it had all the plates, including "C". I've had to replace them over the years since I use the thing constantly . How did I ever get along without these dozens of embossing folders and dies ? And still want to buy more ! Ah, what a wonderful obsession !
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-14-2013, 09:30 PM   #13  
Pearl-ExPert

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

One thing though, since the 'C' plate is not included, it is easier to find in the stores. I have had my Bug forever also (love the 'lil green machine). I wanted to have an extra 'C' plate on hand and had to order it online because they were not stocked in the stores in my area.

What a wonderful gift!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-15-2013, 04:39 AM   #14  
Embossing Fanatic

You're right- I had forgotten how difficult it was to locate a "C" plate when I broke mine several years ago, and now I see them at Hobby Lobby and Michaels. Funny- I resisted buying the CB when it first came out, thinking it was just an expensive toy that I would rarely use. How wrong I was ! I'm sure my sister is going to love hers, too. She is just starting to get into crafting, trying everything from quilting to mosaics, to jewelry making. When I found cardmaking, all that other stuff pretty much went out the window. Obsessed, I am (It's great !)
Reply With Quote Likes