Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 09-18-2013, 11:46 AM   #1  
Glitter Queen

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default stamp mounts

I bought some rubber stamps online...they have paper on the foam that comes off leaving a sticky glue to attach them to wood mounts...however, I cannot locate any wood mounts...and wonder how to mount them to something I can use them on like clear stamps???? There are 64 stamps most of them would fit on a 1/2 inch mount. Anyone have any ideas where I can get something to use???Thank you so much!
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-18-2013, 12:10 PM   #2  
Gallery Gazer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

That's odd. What brand of stamps are they?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-18-2013, 12:52 PM   #3  
Embossing Fanatic

If they're not too big and you don't have too many, you could grab a couple of those $1 Studio G thin acrylic blocks from Michaels or Joanns and permanently attach them. Otherwise, cut some plexiglass to size?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-18-2013, 01:29 PM   #4  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 290 Likes on 114 Posts

If they're that small, I'd be cutting a dowel into short lengths and making "peg" stamps out of them if I wanted them on wood. I personally would take the foam off of them and put 2-way glue on the bare rubber (Sailor, Tombow Mono-Multi, or Alene's Tack It Over and Over), then just use them with any acrylic block...

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-18-2013, 09:59 PM   #5  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

I would also take the foam off and just use the bare rubber.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-18-2013, 11:28 PM   #6  
Rubber Obsessor

I'D LEAVE THE FOAM ON AND USE 2 WAY GLUE TO MOUNT ONTO ACRYLIC BLOCKS TO USE THEM OVER AND OVER.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-19-2013, 03:20 AM   #7  
Swapper of the Month - January 2014

Quote:

Originally Posted by AnnieWillsView Post
If they're not too big and you don't have too many, you could grab a couple of those $1 Studio G thin acrylic blocks from Michaels or Joanns and permanently attach them. Otherwise, cut some plexiglass to size?
The OP states above that there are 64 stamps and most would fit on a 1/2" mount.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-19-2013, 03:23 AM   #8  
Swapper of the Month - January 2014

Quote:

Originally Posted by jeanneeView Post
I bought some rubber stamps online...they have paper on the foam that comes off leaving a sticky glue to attach them to wood mounts...however, I cannot locate any wood mounts...and wonder how to mount them to something I can use them on like clear stamps???? There are 64 stamps most of them would fit on a 1/2 inch mount. Anyone have any ideas where I can get something to use???Thank you so much!
I'm one of the folks who would remove the cushion and apply Alene's tack it over and over glue directly to the bare rubber.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-19-2013, 07:02 AM   #9  
Pearl-ExPert

I have an acrylic block with Tsukineko 'Tack 'n Peel' attached to it. I use this for unmounted, rubber stamp only stamps.

I'd remove the foam backing and use the stamps with this block. The $1 acrylic block are thin and hard to hold. I bought a thicker acrylic block with 'finger grooves' ( or you could buy the acrylic blocks with the scallop edge) on the side so I can get a good grip. It may cost more but having one block with the 'Tack 'n Peel' left on was worth it to me. Just my 2 cents.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-19-2013, 07:05 AM   #10  
Crimping Master

Received 39 Likes on 12 Posts

I have unmounted almost all of my stamps but have left the foam on them. I use Tack N Peel on my acrylic blocks. I am curious why so many of you are removing the foam? Are there advantages to having the foam off of the stamps? I like the foam on them because to me they stamp just like they would if they were still on the wood block, but they are easier to store and you can see where you are stamping.

To the OP, if you choose to use an acrylic block and Tack N Peel you can use any unmounted stamp on that acrylic block. I have many different sizes of acrylic blocks and have TNP on all of my blocks and even have it on wheels and my stamp press.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-19-2013, 07:22 AM   #11  
Embossing Fanatic

Quote:

Originally Posted by QueenOfInklandView Post
The OP states above that there are 64 stamps and most would fit on a 1/2" mount.
Oops, my mistake...I have selective hearing too, but I thought it only affected my husband.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-19-2013, 08:39 AM   #12  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 290 Likes on 114 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by annie*View Post
I have unmounted almost all of my stamps but have left the foam on them. I use Tack N Peel on my acrylic blocks. I am curious why so many of you are removing the foam? Are there advantages to having the foam off of the stamps? I like the foam on them because to me they stamp just like they would if they were still on the wood block, but they are easier to store and you can see where you are stamping.

To the OP, if you choose to use an acrylic block and Tack N Peel you can use any unmounted stamp on that acrylic block. I have many different sizes of acrylic blocks and have TNP on all of my blocks and even have it on wheels and my stamp press.
I take the foam off because I need to put as much "stuff" in as small a footprint as possible, and the foam adds thickness, so I can't store as many sets in the same space as I can without the foam. I always have a foam sheet under my project when I'm stamping, so I get just as crisp and even an impression as I would with the foam on the stamp itself. Also, I don't have to worry about the foam ever breaking down and having to be replaced. If the glue on the bare rubber needs touching up or even replacing, it's easy enough to do and doesn't really cost anything. It's totally a personal preference thing, but I'm all about consolidation, so that's my choice

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-19-2013, 11:26 AM   #13  
Crimping Master

Received 39 Likes on 12 Posts

Thanks for the explanation. I have always wondered if storage is part of the reason, or how the stamps stamp.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-19-2013, 02:24 PM   #14  
Gallery Gazer

Did you, by chance, pick up some Stampendous cling stamps?

If so, see if this answers your question:

Forums at Splitcoaststampers

(comes from this thread: Is there something wrong with my new Stampendous cling stamps? by Fortuosity at Splitcoaststampers)
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-19-2013, 05:43 PM   #15  
CBC Lady Violet

Received 42 Likes on 31 Posts

My mom got a set of narrow sentiment stamps once that she wanted to mount on something.
She bought a set of jenga blocks.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-20-2013, 08:36 AM   #16  
Glitter Queen

Thank you so much everyone for your thoughts and great ideas. I have to consolidate,too..so the best option sounds like using tack and peel on an acrylic block will work..then I can just use the stamp I need instead of affixing them all to blocks. I wasn't sure how to do it but you have all used wonderfully creative ideas. Thank you again and happy stamping!!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-20-2013, 08:44 AM   #17  
Glitter Queen

The stamps are from stamphappens...stampinsanity and one set is a twilight set, this has all sentiments the other is a set with a boy holding a pencil and a girl holding a stamp along with some sentiments. They look like rubber stamps with foam attached and a white paper on top of the foam. If I can use these with tack and peel and an acrylic block it would be great...I have not been able to contact the company I got these from...I think they may be out of business. Thank you for your time and consideration everyone!
Reply With Quote Likes