Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 07-17-2013, 12:05 PM   #1  
Pearl-ExPert

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Question on the DCWV paper packs.

I know I have a couple "off brand" 12x12 paper packs. But I went to JoAnn's today to take a look around and I was checking out the DCWV paper packs. I was wondering if ALL the papers in the pack co-ordinate with each other? Like can I take any 5-6 papers to use on one layout and it'll all match?

And is this true with any brand paper packs? Or do you have to choose which ones might work with each other?

Splitcoast Member #5361 HEY LOOK WHAT I CAN DO!!!
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-18-2013, 04:34 PM   #2  
Matboard Maniac

I've only got a few paper pads from DCWV and BG, but I think most of the time, when companies put together a specific collection, those papers will coordinate with each other. I don't think they "all match" though, but that's just my opinion. Sometimes, I have trouble with a design that only seems to go with one other design in the pack and nothing else. You might not have any problems putting them all together, so just try it and have fun!

I joined the Fan Club to get Dirty!

challenging myself to make 100 in 100
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-28-2013, 06:52 PM   #3  
Compulsive Stamper

Send a message via Skype™ to ohsnaplizzie

Pretty much. That is one thing I dig about their collections. You can buy one, say Sweet Shop which is just totally adorbs, and use it all together. You can pull a few pages from the stack and use them together. But with it being a sweet theme, it won't work for just any pages. Just depends on what you are working with. When I first started this hobby, I would flock to JoAnns and M's when they had their paper sales and buy lots of the DCWV stacks. The holiday stacks, the spring stack, autumn, baby girl and boy stacks... oh geez... I think I even had the western one and I'm not even into that type of thing, but b/c I live in Texas I thought WHY NOT!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-17-2013, 01:23 PM   #4  
Kookie Creator

I suppose that the companies think they are providing coordinating papers in the stack, but I beg to differ. I find that some of the papers go together really well. Then there are sheets that I just have to ask, "What were they thinking?" If I don't have anything in my stash that goes with them I just give them away. Of course I think that some patterned paper is pretty ugly on its own, with colors that clash, too many colors, poor proportions of colors, etc. LOL
Dea
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-17-2013, 03:59 PM   #5  
Proud Fan Club Member

Received 5,908 Likes on 2,180 Posts

Use the ugly ones to make envelopes!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-18-2013, 11:44 AM   #6  
Die Cut Diva

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

I would say that most papers in the stacks would co-ordinate, but what I notice is that they seem to be in groups. I just bought a 6x6 stack by Momenta and there's a group of papers in pinks, then another group in greens, and then some in blue. There are a few papers within that group that only co-ordinate with other papers in the colour group, but most will cross-co-ordinate in the other colour groups because they have a polka dot in those other colours (or some other design in the other colours). Hopefully, that makes sense.

So, long story short, for the most part they will co-ordinate, but there may be a few in there that don't co-ordinate with all the other patterns/colours.
Reply With Quote Likes