View Single Post
Old 07-18-2013, 07:30 AM   #5
Rachelrose
Glitter Guru

I tried out the scalpels and once I got the hang of using them, they did work extremely well. I would say, Sabrina, that if you are using scalpels and happy with it, I wouldn't hurry to get the TH scissors. The scalpels outperformed the scissors in almost all cases IMHO. Even on a long straight edge, like on a square stamp, it was easier to run the scalpel along the edge of the rubber than to cut it.

Of course, the easiest stamps to mount were the new bare rubber I trimmed myself. Those I could trim using straight cuts. The ones I unmounted from wood were harder, because they had so many curves, Still, I didn't do too badly with them. I really love the neat look of stamps that come already mounted on cling, but can't argue with the savings when you do it yourself, and some companies only offer bare rubber.

Now I have to get brave enough to put them closer together on the cling sheet. I'm still leaving myself too much room and wasting material. !

Esther, do you get a lot of fumes using your hot knife? That was the other reason I hesitated. But mostly it is a safety thing. I know the knife gets very hot.

Last edited by Rachelrose; 07-18-2013 at 07:37 AM..
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!