Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 07-16-2013, 07:00 PM   #1  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 1,163 Likes on 497 Posts
Default So what new hotted craft toys?

Hello everyone

I am wondering what are the new hotted craft stamps toys? Come out for us to have? I have seen any or here anyone talk about it. So what new troys are you hope for? thanks hotwheels
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-17-2013, 07:04 AM   #2  
Hardware Hotshot

Received 7 Likes on 1 Post

I too would love to know what the latest must haves are in the Craft world...is there any new machines or tools that I can not live without?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-17-2013, 07:52 AM   #3  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

They've been a little hard to find, but are available lots of places now:

Envelope Punch Board

This handy little tool lets you make your own envelopes in a flash. I've been using up all that patterned paper that doesn't quite work for cards.

There is a big long thread about this in the Tool and Product forum.

"Be kind whenever possible. It is always possible." Dalai Lama
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-17-2013, 01:27 PM   #4  
Rubber Obsessor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I got the Sizzix/Stampin' Up Magnetic Platform last month and I am wondering how I managed without it. Stampin' Up now has it on back order, unfortunately, but Sizzix is releasing it in stores in the fall.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-17-2013, 02:57 PM   #5  
Proud Fan Club Member

Received 5,901 Likes on 2,174 Posts

I am seeing more stamp and die sets. I love that you can stamp the image and then use the die to cut it out without a lot of fuss! Just ordered Backyard Basics from SU....
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-17-2013, 03:01 PM   #6  
Polyshrink Goddess

I am dying to get the Stampin' Up!/Sizzix magnetic platform. It's on backorder until the fall.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-17-2013, 04:22 PM   #7  
Kookie Creator

Received 21 Likes on 9 Posts

:confused: How is the Sizzix platform different from the magnetic Genius one? I have that one...do I need another.
mob
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-17-2013, 04:43 PM   #8  
Kookie Creator

Received 21 Likes on 9 Posts

OOPS! Deleted duplicate message.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-17-2013, 04:49 PM   #9  
Rubber Obsessor

I've used both. The magnetic pull on the Sizzix is about 5x stronger by my estimate and you can put the paper on the bottom with the die cutting side down to line it up fully in your range of vision. For me, that is important. Do you need it? I could not say. I guess if I had a Genius and had never used the Sizzix, I would want to try it out before I bought a second platform.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-17-2013, 06:37 PM   #10  
Polyshrink Goddess

I've read reviews that the Genius platform has dead spots and tends to push/pull dies rather than allowing for specific placement. This was reported to make layering of dies difficult which is important if you want to make frames.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-17-2013, 10:08 PM   #11  
Rubber Obsessor

That was my experience when using the Genius platform, Arizona. On the other hand, some people like the mat style of cutting plate so much, they're ok about the platform not being as strongly magnetic. I think it's very much a personal preference.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-18-2013, 04:36 AM   #12  
Insane Embellisher

I knew I should have stayed away from this thread. lol Both of these products look awesome!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-18-2013, 06:00 AM   #13  
Creative Crew SU Design Team Alumni

Received 785 Likes on 321 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by hsmom69View Post
I knew I should have stayed away from this thread. lol Both of these products look awesome!
That's just what I was thinking! The magnetic platform is on my wish list. I'll probably have money for it when it is off back order.

This is not new, but I bought some new sanding tools the other day that I love. There are several in the package and really work well to get those little threads of paper off after you've die cut something. I have the sanding block from us, but it can't get in small spaces. These sanding tools are perfect for that. A couple of them are thin and round smaller than a pencil. I got them at Hobby Lobby. They are made by Basic Gray.

I also bought this nifty plastic storage box for my Crop-A-Dial. I got it because it comes with bunches of large eyelits, which I need for making purses to hold card set holders.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-18-2013, 06:34 AM   #14  
Proud Fan Club Member

Received 5,901 Likes on 2,174 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by sc magnoliaView Post
That's just what I was thinking! The magnetic platform is on my wish list. I'll probably have money for it when it is off back order.

This is not new, but I bought some new sanding tools the other day that I love. There are several in the package and really work well to get those little threads of paper off after you've die cut something. I have the sanding block from us, but it can't get in small spaces. These sanding tools are perfect for that. A couple of them are thin and round smaller than a pencil. I got them at Hobby Lobby. They are made by Basic Gray.

I also bought this nifty plastic storage box for my Crop-A-Dial. I got it because it comes with bunches of large eyelits, which I need for making purses to hold card set holders.
My DS bought me that storage case for the Big Bite when his brother got me the Big Bite Crop a Dile! Very handy for transporting. I don't have any sanding tools....may have to check that out.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-24-2013, 01:24 AM   #15  
Insane Embellisher

Default Envelope Maker

I don't know if this is new,but it is new to me. I just got the Envelope Punch Board.. I love it 'cause you can make your own envelopes now. This frees me up to many different sized cards. I also bought the "Lick and Stick" glue for envelopes.

Don't count the days, make the days count.
http://b52constance.blogspot.com
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-24-2013, 03:46 AM   #16  
Hardware Hotshot

Received 33 Likes on 21 Posts

I'm waiting for SU's NEW ENVELOPE PUNCH BOARD!!!!!!!! LOVED the idea of the one from the other company BUT, didn't like the thought of buying a flawed product! (My idea of flawed? Incorrect measurements! ANYONE can punch the corners of an Envelope with a circle punch! You're paying for the measurements to be already done! They weren't with the other product!) Here's an announcement on this site: Convention 2013 Photos & Announcements (Dawns stamping thoughts Stampin'Up! Demonstrator Stamping Videos Stamp Workshop Classes Scissor Charms Paper Crafts)
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-24-2013, 04:45 AM   #17  
Rubber Obsessor

It's not new, but I love the Ultimate by Crafter's companion for scoring, making envelopes - including dimensional ones, boxes, you name it. I love their score boards too.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-24-2013, 06:26 AM   #18  
Kookie Creator

is there a magnetic platform that works on a Cuddlebug? That is what I have land it is what I will use until it breaks.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-24-2013, 07:12 AM   #19  
Matboard Maniac

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by tina van-eickView Post
It's not new, but I love the Ultimate by Crafter's companion
Not for me, it was so bad I stopped using it like so many others have done. The channels are too wide for accurate measurements. And the cutter is the worst one ever.

I have read on here on the 'what do you regret buying' threads that some can't even get rid of theirs at garage sales.

Definitely my 'worst buy'

I haven't seen anything for a while that's a really really must have, will be watching what comes out from CHA this week.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-24-2013, 08:25 AM   #20  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Received 22 Likes on 13 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by ArizonaView Post
I've read reviews that the Genius platform has dead spots and tends to push/pull dies rather than allowing for specific placement. This was reported to make layering of dies difficult which is important if you want to make frames.
The genius doesn't fit in the older Cuttlebug machines despite advertising that it does.
Www.Boxofchocolatescrafts.Com
YouNeverKnowWhatI’mGoingtoMake

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-24-2013, 08:36 AM   #21  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Quote:

Originally Posted by TLadyView Post
I'm waiting for SU's NEW ENVELOPE PUNCH BOARD!!!!!!!! LOVED the idea of the one from the other company BUT, didn't like the thought of buying a flawed product! (My idea of flawed? Incorrect measurements! ANYONE can punch the corners of an Envelope with a circle punch! You're paying for the measurements to be already done![/url]
Firstly, they have fixed the measurements and secondly, that's not all it does! It allows you to get the placement perfect, the shape it punches it not quite what a circle punch creates and a circle punch would not be an acceptable substitute in my world. It also allows you to score in just the right place and all of this in under a minute, 30 seconds once you get used to it.

If you use a circle punch, you still have to measure the size of paper you need, figure out where to punch, figure out where to score, I figure that all takes at LEAST 3-4 minutes. I can go from full sized sheet of paper to done in under two. That includes finding the size I need, cutting my paper down, punching and scoring, rounding the corners and applying adhesive. No way you can do that any other way as fast for so many sizes. The envelope board is sheer genius!

It does have a little quirk which is that you should set the little pointer to the right edge of the first and subsequent score lines, not in the middle of it which is my instinct. Other than that, it's awesome!

IMHO the measurements being wrong was a big deal and a HUGE oversight but one they speedily corrected for no charge to their customers. And the device itself was not flawed in any way. And other companies, SU! included have had their share of crappy or flawed products and have not responded to customer complaints as quickly or gracefully.

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-24-2013, 08:54 AM   #22  
Kookie Creator

Rebecca, what envelope maker are you using?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-24-2013, 10:30 AM   #23  
Cardstock Collector

Quote:

Originally Posted by tina van-eickView Post
It's not new, but I love the Ultimate by Crafter's companion for scoring, making envelopes - including dimensional ones, boxes, you name it. I love their score boards too.
I bought the Ultimate Crafter's Companion for the box making implement but after dozens of trials with different weights of papers, cardboards and cereal boxes, I always wind up with the top too big for the bottom (or is it the bottom too small for the top) and yes, I used the top side to score the top and the bottom side to score the bottom. And the cutter...what a joke. I liked the idea of the bowmaker but the instructions are hard to follow in the instructions booklet and the Youtube videos are not user friendly as the camera is facing the instructor, so whatever she does you have to do in reverse. I finally found another instructor (selling another bowmaker on Youtube) giving the instructions with the camera over her hands and at the back of her so you could really see what was going on. Not worth the price. Use your ScorePal if you have one, much better tool all around. Very disappointed.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-24-2013, 02:16 PM   #24  
Inking Addict

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts

[QUOTE=sc magnolia;20250749]That's just what I was thinking! The magnetic platform is on my wish list. I'll probably have money for it when it is off back order.

I also bought this nifty plastic storage box for my Crop-A-Dial. I got it because it comes with bunches of large eyelits, which I need for making purses to hold card set holders.[/QUOTE]

Hi, SC Magnolia -
Please tell us what the 'nifty plastic storage box' for your Crop-A-Dial is, where you purchased it and the price. Sounds like a good idea! TFS

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-24-2013, 02:59 PM   #25  
Proud Fan Club Member

I love the Making Memories envelope punch. I waited FOREVER for it, but that turned out to be a good thing because everything was fixed by the time I got mine. I can make an envelope in jiffy and use whatever color or dp I want for the envelope. I understand some of the really huge envelopes are an issue because the paper size goes off the bed of the maker, but I don't see my self making BIG envelopes so I am not concerned. I imagine SU's will be awesome and genius of them to come up with thier own.

You will laugh... I have the Genius platform and never have used the magnetic platform. I probably got it with that in mind and then promptly forgot that that is what it did! Good thing I kept the box.... She has to many tools one probably thinks.....

"She who lives with the most JOY wins!"
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-24-2013, 03:31 PM   #26  

[QUOTE=mcw519;20259709]
Quote:

Originally Posted by sc magnoliaView Post

I also bought this nifty plastic storage box for my Crop-A-Dial. I got it because it comes with bunches of large eyelits, which I need for making purses to hold card set holders.[/QUOTE]

Hi, SC Magnolia -
Please tell us what the 'nifty plastic storage box' for your Crop-A-Dial is, where you purchased it and the price. Sounds like a good idea! TFS
I got it at Hobby Lobby, with the coupon it was only $8.00
We R Memory Keepers Crop-A-Dile Pink Case with 240 Eyelets | Shop Hobby Lobby
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-24-2013, 05:17 PM   #27  
Kookie Creator

I was one of the lucky ones to get the SU magnetic platform for my Big Shot! It is awesome! Worth the wait but doesn't fit in the Cuttlebug either, believe me, I tried! But I also find I use the BS over my CB now anyway!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-24-2013, 06:49 PM   #28  
Inking Addict

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts

Carole - thanks for the quick response about the pink case for the Crop-A-Dial. No Hobby Lobby in my area, but Michael's & ACMoore are somewhat close and they probably have the same thing. Now to find a coupon.

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-24-2013, 07:42 PM   #29  
Kookie Creator

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Su envelope maker, more stamp/die sets and the magnetic plate for Big-Shot are on my holiday wish list.

Tara
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-24-2013, 08:15 PM   #30  

Quote:

Originally Posted by STYXROCKSMEView Post
Su envelope maker, more stamp/die sets and the magnetic plate for Big-Shot are on my holiday wish list.

Tara
Me too on the envy maker and the magnetic plate along with the rotary attachment to my trimmer and more digital files for MDS :cool: I'm going to be in a vendor fair next week, hope I make some money!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-25-2013, 02:21 PM   #31  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Quote:

Originally Posted by eyestitchView Post
Rebecca, what envelope maker are you using?
Sorry! WRMK envelope punch board. I thought that's the one being referred to.

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-25-2013, 02:23 PM   #32  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

I've seen a small peek of new punch boards that make things other than envelopes on the Simon Says Stamp blog today. I'm all over that!

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-06-2013, 02:56 PM   #33  
Embossing Fanatic

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rebecca EdnieView Post
Firstly, they have fixed the measurements and secondly, that's not all it does! It allows you to get the placement perfect, the shape it punches it not quite what a circle punch creates and a circle punch would not be an acceptable substitute in my world. It also allows you to score in just the right place and all of this in under a minute, 30 seconds once you get used to it.

If you use a circle punch, you still have to measure the size of paper you need, figure out where to punch, figure out where to score, I figure that all takes at LEAST 3-4 minutes. I can go from full sized sheet of paper to done in under two. That includes finding the size I need, cutting my paper down, punching and scoring, rounding the corners and applying adhesive. No way you can do that any other way as fast for so many sizes. The envelope board is sheer genius!

It does have a little quirk which is that you should set the little pointer to the right edge of the first and subsequent score lines, not in the middle of it which is my instinct. Other than that, it's awesome!

IMHO the measurements being wrong was a big deal and a HUGE oversight but one they speedily corrected for no charge to their customers. And the device itself was not flawed in any way. And other companies, SU! included have had their share of crappy or flawed products and have not responded to customer complaints as quickly or gracefully.

Rebecca, what do you mean that they fixed the envelope punch board to the correct measurements? How do I get mine fixed?? Thx, Sue
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-06-2013, 03:12 PM   #34  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bones0313View Post
Rebecca, what do you mean that they fixed the envelope punch board to the correct measurements? How do I get mine fixed?? Thx, Sue
Here is a link to the corrected measurement chart. You can print out your own, or email WeRMemory Keepers customer service and they will send you a new sticker type chart.

http://www.weronthenet.com/File/View...5-2d8b6d658ea9

"Be kind whenever possible. It is always possible." Dalai Lama
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-06-2013, 06:37 PM   #35  

Ohhh do I have something to add to this! Have you seen the new flip dies? I know stampin up has some and So does sizzix.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-06-2013, 07:00 PM   #36  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 1,163 Likes on 497 Posts

Can all you ladies give us exmaple of the proucts. You all talking about? I have no cule of the proucts you ladies are talking about. I must be under rock. My stores in my local area theseflip dies. and ect. I know this stuffed new. But I wonder smilar proucts. So I would have some kind of cule. thanks hotwheels
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-06-2013, 07:17 PM   #37  
Glitter Guru

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Quote:

Originally Posted by TLadyView Post
I'm waiting for SU's NEW ENVELOPE PUNCH BOARD!!!!!!!! LOVED the idea of the one from the other company BUT, didn't like the thought of buying a flawed product! (My idea of flawed? Incorrect measurements! ANYONE can punch the corners of an Envelope with a circle punch! You're paying for the measurements to be already done! They weren't with the other product!) Here's an announcement on this site: Convention 2013 Photos & Announcements (Dawns stamping thoughts Stampin'Up! Demonstrator Stamping Videos Stamp Workshop Classes Scissor Charms Paper Crafts)
The SU envelope board is made by WRMK, the company that makes the board that had incorrect measurements in their first batch. All subsequent batches have the correct measurements, and people with the G1 version of the board can get a sticker from WRMK with th correct measurements. The SU-branded WRMK board has the SU logo, but otherwise is the same as the non-SU board.

There are many legitimate reasons to buy the SU-branded WRMK board, but getting a board that is "more correct" than the non-SU-branded WRMK board isn't one of them.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-06-2013, 07:29 PM   #38  

Quote:

Originally Posted by hotwheelsView Post
Can all you ladies give us exmaple of the proucts. You all talking about? I have no cule of the proucts you ladies are talking about. I must be under rock. My stores in my local area theseflip dies. and ect. I know this stuffed new. But I wonder smilar proucts. So I would have some kind of cule. thanks hotwheels
They are dies to make a flip card. You know you open it and they flip a shape? I'm a demo so I don't want to break any rules about promoting or selling. If you search flip card dies you will find them.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-07-2013, 04:41 AM   #39  
Embossing Fanatic

Quote:

Originally Posted by buggainokView Post
Here is a link to the corrected measurement chart. You can print out your own, or email WeRMemory Keepers customer service and they will send you a new sticker type chart.

http://www.weronthenet.com/File/View...5-2d8b6d658ea9
Thank you so much !! :p
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-25-2013, 05:12 PM   #40  
Kookie Creator

Received 14 Likes on 8 Posts
Thumbs up Crafter's Companion Ultimate Scoreboard

Quote:

Originally Posted by CandyStripeView Post
Not for me, it was so bad I stopped using it like so many others have done. The channels are too wide for accurate measurements. And the cutter is the worst one ever.

I have read on here on the 'what do you regret buying' threads that some can't even get rid of theirs at garage sales.

Definitely my 'worst buy'

I haven't seen anything for a while that's a really really must have, will be watching what comes out from CHA this week.
I purchased one at CHA about 5 years ago and although I don't use it a lot anymore, I still like it for some things. I actually have used it recently for making some envelopes that I couldn't find the right size for, with my other scoreboards.
Reply With Quote Likes