Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 05-14-2013, 06:10 AM   #41  
Matboard Maniac

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hi Ruth ~
Sorry to hear you might not make it ~ but these darn families do come first! So keep us posted...and we will be thinking of you!
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-19-2013, 07:02 AM   #42  
Matboard Maniac

Happy May long!

Hope the weather is warm wherever you are and that family surrounds you! Time in my craft room in the rain today, wonderful!

I am planning my gift bag thingies! I hope they turn out or all of you will be getting an "Oh Henry chocolate bar!"

Enjoy!

Last edited by Calgary Cowpoke; 05-22-2013 at 10:58 PM..
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-23-2013, 08:23 PM   #43  
Crimping Master

Did we confirm yes to the gift bags? What are the parameters?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-26-2013, 09:35 AM   #44  
Die Cut Diva

Quote:

Originally Posted by toobusystampingView Post
Did we confirm yes to the gift bags? What are the parameters?

Yes - we do need some rules.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-27-2013, 09:06 PM   #45  
Rubber Obsessor

Quote:

Originally Posted by ladermeView Post
Yes - we do need some rules.
All the chocolate goes into my bag!!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-30-2013, 07:48 AM   #46  
Stazon Splitcoast

OK so we now have an amended date(yet again!) which is June 7th so all things being equal, I get my trip BEFORE we head off to the UK the following week!! Looking forward to seeing everyone. Hope there is still a space for me?!

Word for November 2017: Choices
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-30-2013, 01:25 PM   #47  
Matboard Maniac

Hi Ruth ~

Oh yes there is definately still a bedroom with your name on it! SO glad to hear you can make it (yes still concerned for you for DH, but glad u can come!)

Someone said rules about giftie bags...hhhmmm....not sure what those rules should be...anyone got any suggestions?

$1-2 limit?
something fun & silly?

talked to our host, Kelly, yesterday confirming everything, those of you (lucky ducks) that can arrive early, Kelly will make sure the tables are all ready to roll, rooms just may not be ready and you have to bring your own lunch.

Sure wish I could come early, darn work and conferences, but they may let me out early for good behaviour, rest assured the car will be packed and I will just leave from work.

Does anyone know to get to Sundre from south of Calgary would it be better to go up through Hwy 8 to Cochrane and that way or straight up the Deerfoot to Olds and head off west that way? That is if I can get on the Deerfoot before say 2:30.:p
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-31-2013, 06:30 PM   #48  
Die Cut Diva

Quote:

Originally Posted by CinSView Post
All the chocolate goes into my bag!!!

Not that rule, that rule sucks........;)
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-31-2013, 06:36 PM   #49  
Die Cut Diva

Quote:

Originally Posted by Calgary CowpokeView Post
Hi Ruth ~

Oh yes there is definately still a bedroom with your name on it! SO glad to hear you can make it (yes still concerned for you for DH, but glad u can come!)

Someone said rules about giftie bags...hhhmmm....not sure what those rules should be...anyone got any suggestions?

$1-2 limit?
something fun & silly?

talked to our host, Kelly, yesterday confirming everything, those of you (lucky ducks) that can arrive early, Kelly will make sure the tables are all ready to roll, rooms just may not be ready and you have to bring your own lunch.

Sure wish I could come early, darn work and conferences, but they may let me out early for good behaviour, rest assured the car will be packed and I will just leave from work.

Does anyone know to get to Sundre from south of Calgary would it be better to go up through Hwy 8 to Cochrane and that way or straight up the Deerfoot to Olds and head off west that way? That is if I can get on the Deerfoot before say 2:30.:p
Hiway 22 is gorgeous - so 8 to Cochrane then 22 to Sundre would be my pick.

What time is everyone arriving?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-01-2013, 01:27 PM   #50  
Crimping Master

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lily_LouiseView Post
OK so we now have an amended date(yet again!) which is June 7th so all things being equal, I get my trip BEFORE we head off to the UK the following week!! Looking forward to seeing everyone. Hope there is still a space for me?!
Glad to hear you are coming Ruth! The offer is still open to pick you up and we can drive together.

I like your suggestion Gayle of fun and silly for the gift bags - I'm game!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-01-2013, 09:45 PM   #51  
Stazon Splitcoast

Christine, just PM'd you. Would be really grateful for a lift!

So what's this about gift bags? Are we all joining in? Is it like a secret sister thing where we get a name and do one gift bag for that person? Got my 'project' ready for the weekend!! My first bride would like thank you cards to match the invites I did! 150 of the same card, can I do it, I ask myself! Just finished 150 wedding invites for my 2nd bride and they are winging their way to the UK, was hoping to deliver them personally but we had to postpone our UK trip till mid June but it will be worth the wait to meet our new grandson. Morgan is getting a 3 year old little playmate! Just hope he reacts well to the new addition to our family.

Talk soon!

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-02-2013, 10:09 PM   #52  
Die Cut Diva

Ruth - that is wonderful news. It will be so nice for Morgan to have a little brother! And it will be nice for Gramma to have two little boys to love and cuddle and spoil.

I will miss you ladies on the 15th -- and I would have brought the wine opener! Oh well, Cindy, that is your job this time (oh yea, you brought me wine last time didn't you)
2011 pages Jan 5/10; Feb 4/10; Mar 16/10; Apr 31/10; May 29/10; JUN 15/10; YTD 100/120
My Gallery
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-03-2013, 02:29 PM   #53  
Matboard Maniac

Robyn or anyone how long do you think it will take me from south of Calgary bu South Centre to drive to Sundre....or how long from Cochrane?

thanks just a plannin' my time!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-05-2013, 05:13 PM   #54  
Pearl-ExPert

Gayle, I'd say an hour and a half if you take 22North. I seem to recall being in Sundre by 8.30am when I leave home by 7am. of course, I do cut through the rez to get to hwy8 and I wouldnt recommend it as it's been a bit wet and I hear they are grading the gravel roads that way......

Robin, I hear you might make it out there early!!! maybe I can be persuaded to leave early too since I hv the Friday off.

Ruth! So glad you are coming!!! havn't seen you in ages.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-07-2013, 10:16 AM   #55  
Rubber Obsessor

Quote:

Originally Posted by I'm HookedView Post
Ruth - that is wonderful news. It will be so nice for Morgan to have a little brother! And it will be nice for Gramma to have two little boys to love and cuddle and spoil.

I will miss you ladies on the 15th -- and I would have brought the wine opener! Oh well, Cindy, that is your job this time (oh yea, you brought me wine last time didn't you)
Deb- for you wine anytime!!!!

I am so looking forward to the weekend, don't have a project or anything packed but whatever!!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-08-2013, 05:15 PM   #56  
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

Thanks, Debbie, we're all excited! Got our first photo via email yesterday, he's looks like a real little 'imp'! I think DD may have her hands full. Morgan told me this morning he had 'brilliant news, his Mummy and Daddy had found him a new little brother!' He also said he was going to share his things and not be a mean big brother like some of his friends!!! Just hope the words can turn into actions when Corey arrives on the scene!

Deb, we'll miss you too! Hope you have a good weekend anyway. See you soon, ladies! Catch up with all the news then!!

Just one question, no-one answered about the gift bag thing.

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-08-2013, 07:12 PM   #57  
Cardstock Collector

Hello everyone, I am really looking forward to meeting all of you! Actually I am incredibly intimidated as I am very much a beginner, but I will bring a corkscrew (which should ultimately solve any design problems I create) and I'll look forward to learning from you.
So treat bags, chocolate - any other traditions I should prepare for?
Sheila
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-09-2013, 05:37 PM   #58  
Die Cut Diva

G-day ladies -

Sheila - I just came on line to send you the link, and you beat me to it! Only other tradition is that CinS likes to pick on some of us and can be quite the slave driver. She keeps us on task (or atleast tries). In the past we have had shoebox swaps, and buy/sell/give/take tables but that can take too much planning and we are on the KISS principle this year.

Ruth - I am so happy to be seeing you this year - we missed you last year! And a new GS - that is good news. Did you need us to pack anything for you? I will have room.

Treat Bags - I think the rules are that the limit is a $1 to $2 each. Last year we set them out in a separate area, and then we each snuck in and dropped our goodies in each bag. Then we got to enjoy opening them. It was like having a Christmas stocking!

I am going to go out early, probably leave Innisfail after I have lunch with Rick. It is his birthday so I have to be nice to the old boy.

Cindy - I kind of have my project - I am doing Christmas cards (yes yet again). I just need to get the idea out of my head and get a sample built so I make sure I have everything packed.

Is anyone bringing a Cricut or a BigShot? I will bring my laptop with the Cricut Craftroom on it. Maybe I should bring my Cricut too, but I only have the small one.

I haven't done my treat shopping yet - but no coconut right? I think Christine is allergic. I have to go back and see if we have access to a fridge, then I can plan my midnight snacks.

Gayle - how many of us are there? Do we have final numbers?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-09-2013, 07:25 PM   #59  
Die Cut Diva

Well Robin, if I was coming I would be coloring tractor cards AGAIN! This year we have 11 employees that are being recognized. I really do need to find a different stamp!

We have decided that we are taking the motorhome to Vermilion Friday night, going to the wedding at 1 pm, then heading immediately to Edmonton to watch the body building competition, then heading back to Vermilion and hoping to catch a little bit of the dance. Knowing these crazy people that are going, they'll be up all night anyway. But I know from recent experience -- I am wayyyy too old to be doing that anymore!

Last weekend, my girlfriend and I went on a road trip for the day on Saturday. We went to an antique sale in Calgary, then headed over to Cochrane for the afternoon. I love that little town, and haven't been for a while. We didn't buy lots, but did manage to leave a few dollars around.

I hope you ladies have a wonderful weekend. Please at least bring up my name and talk about me a little bit.
2011 pages Jan 5/10; Feb 4/10; Mar 16/10; Apr 31/10; May 29/10; JUN 15/10; YTD 100/120
My Gallery
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-09-2013, 07:47 PM   #60  
Die Cut Diva

Quote:

Well Robin, if I was coming I would be coloring tractor cards AGAIN! This year we have 11 employees that are being recognized. I really do need to find a different stamp!

We have decided that we are taking the motorhome to Vermilion Friday night, going to the wedding at 1 pm, then heading immediately to Edmonton to watch the body building competition, then heading back to Vermilion and hoping to catch a little bit of the dance. Knowing these crazy people that are going, they'll be up all night anyway. But I know from recent experience -- I am wayyyy too old to be doing that anymore!

Last weekend, my girlfriend and I went on a road trip for the day on Saturday. We went to an antique sale in Calgary, then headed over to Cochrane for the afternoon. I love that little town, and haven't been for a while. We didn't buy lots, but did manage to leave a few dollars around.

I hope you ladies have a wonderful weekend. Please at least bring up my name and talk about me a little bit.
Want to send your stamp and we could knock out those 11 cards in no time. Not sure about how the coloring would turn out - but maybe Gayle could give us our lessons.

We will miss you - I will have to tell everyone about your scraprack - and you can be sure we will talk about you lots and lots - all good stuff.

Don't be surprised if you are volunteered to organize September, or maybe Lisa since she won't be with us either.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-10-2013, 10:16 AM   #61  
Matboard Maniac

Hi Deb ~ Sounds like a fun weekend for you, and yes we would do tractors for you - pink and orange???

Hi Sheila ~ Any gal that is willing and forward thinking enough to bring a cork screw is all right in my opinion!! Looking forward to meeting you!

Hi Robin ~ Rick's birthday ah? Wish the old guy a HB from me and nice of you to stick around for lunch just dont leave him mac n cheese for dinner! I am bringing Big Shot/Gypsy/Expression as Gitta is bringing her new fangled computer driven model and I don't understand the darn thing...so I have to use my old one...technology....sheesh! I will bring my folders and stuff too - heck I generally bring the kitchen sink to so no worries!

Hi Ruth ~ Sooo good to being seeing you and hearing all your tales of late!

Fridge is there Robin so plan away!

Giftie bags - have fun, dont go crazy and remember we all LOVE chocolate! Actually I love penny candy in any shape or form, remember how far .10 went when we were kids ? In those little brown bags??? Love those yellow bananas, and no one talk nutrition here now!!!

I am going to be ready Wed night - how's that for organization!!! I am picking up the U-Haul Wed morning!!

Happy Monday!

Gayle

If anyone needs anything from any of us speak up now!

Does anyone have any of the Art Impression golf stamps, expecially for woman?

Last edited by Calgary Cowpoke; 06-10-2013 at 10:18 AM.. Reason: spelling
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-10-2013, 10:34 AM   #62  
Rubber Obsessor

Yes Miss Robin I will be watching everyone (well especially you)to see that they are working hard but only for the purpose of avoiding what I need to finish!!!

I think my project will have something to do with teachers gifts this year, maybe?!? I think I will leave anything Christmassy home this time.

Gayle - are you bringing your embossing folders?

Robin - could I borrow your mouse with cupcake stamp?

See you all on Friday!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-10-2013, 11:16 AM   #63  
Watercolor Wizard

Received 27 Likes on 22 Posts

I just had to come take a peek at this thread, since it's so close to me (I'm in Edmonton). Hope you gals have a great time!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-10-2013, 12:58 PM   #64  
Die Cut Diva

Quote:

Originally Posted by CinSView Post
Yes Miss Robin I will be watching everyone (well especially you)to see that they are working hard but only for the purpose of avoiding what I need to finish!!!

I think my project will have something to do with teachers gifts this year, maybe?!? I think I will leave anything Christmassy home this time.

Gayle - are you bringing your embossing folders?

Robin - could I borrow your mouse with cupcake stamp?

See you all on Friday!
I will see if I can find him. I reorganized and now I can't remember where I put my single stamps. Grrrrrrr......
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-10-2013, 06:08 PM   #65  
Stazon Splitcoast

Mmmm, I know just the chocolate for those goodie bags!! Glad I'm not the only one who would sneak those banana candy from my little GS candy stack. Or maybe even the pink shrimps!

Started work today for the next 3 months apart from my trip out to the UK next week!! Absolutely flabbergasted to have been offered any job at my age yet alone one that means I'm in charge of the day to day running of our Hospice Society!! What have I let myself in for?!!

Better get a few early nights if I'm going to be away all weekend!

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-11-2013, 11:30 AM   #66  
Matboard Maniac

Congrats Ruth! Way to go! Now that you are a working woman, yes best get your beauty rest while you can!

Yes Miss Cindy I will be bringing my folders, any one in particular?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-11-2013, 11:32 AM   #67  
Matboard Maniac

Quote:

Originally Posted by JadeOnlineView Post
I just had to come take a peek at this thread, since it's so close to me (I'm in Edmonton). Hope you gals have a great time!
Hi Heather ~
You are most welcome to join us anytime. We are "full up" in the bed department this weekend, but if you can find a spot or ask the owners directly if you can get a cot - come on down! We are simply a crazy group pof woman who love to chat, stamp and create!

Gayle
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-11-2013, 12:32 PM   #68  
Watercolor Wizard

Received 27 Likes on 22 Posts

Quote:

Hi Heather ~
You are most welcome to join us anytime. We are "full up" in the bed department this weekend, but if you can find a spot or ask the owners directly if you can get a cot - come on down! We are simply a crazy group pof woman who love to chat, stamp and create!

Gayle
Thank you very much, but not this time. I have a 15 month old at home, so taking off for a weekend take some planning. Plus, I believe my husband has some hobby plans of his own this weekend!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-12-2013, 07:23 PM   #69  
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

Congrats Ruth! Way to go! Now that you are a working woman, yes best get your beauty rest while you can!

Yes Miss Cindy I will be bringing my folders, any one in particular?
Thanks, Gayle!! I never do SU classes or demos but today I had a group of 7 x 7year old girls after work!! Had to finish early as I had arranged this before I was offered the job!

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-12-2013, 07:57 PM   #70  
Pearl-ExPert

Ruth, jelly babies are my weakness... hint hint hint... although i just found out the Nutman has jelly babies and they are soft and fresh and he visits our office every Friday.

Err... last minute call... do we know how many bags we are prepping for?

Lol, Cindy, I asked Gayle the very same thing too.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-12-2013, 10:03 PM   #71  
Die Cut Diva

Quote:

Originally Posted by ladermeView Post
I will see if I can find him. I reorganized and now I can't remember where I put my single stamps. Grrrrrrr......
Have you heard about the ScrapRack?
My Gallery
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-13-2013, 06:20 PM   #72  
Matboard Maniac

Hi
Well just a tad excited as I pack up my final stuff, down to a huge green tote, Big Shot bag, box full of dies, carousel of tools, pink bag of junk, (junque) and one tray I dont know where to put?! I am sure there will be more.
Look forward to seeing everyone tomorrow!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-13-2013, 06:39 PM   #73  
Die Cut Diva

Quote:

Have you heard about the ScrapRack?
Bwahahahaha!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-13-2013, 06:41 PM   #74  
Die Cut Diva

I am counting 13 including me.....just to be safe.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-15-2013, 06:05 PM   #75  
Stazon Splitcoast

And here we are more than halfway thru our weekend! We are having lots of laughs and goodness, are we a productive bunch. There are some gorgeous cards and projects being made! The company is good and the food and the facility are great. Well worth getting up early on Friday to come out here.

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-16-2013, 04:50 PM   #76  
Stazon Splitcoast

Thanks, Gayle for organising this weekend and Robin for helping to find this gem of a place. Lovely to see you both and Diane, Cindy and Christine again! Sheila, Gitta, Carol Ancje and Rose, it was good to meet you all. Am spending the last half hour waiting for my flight back to YVR, should have booked an earlier one but hey, what's the rush!!! Better call DH to make sure he's ready to leave to drive to the airport to pick me up. Look forward to seeing you all again. Special thank you to Christine for the ride to and from Sundre, much appreciated. Have a good week everyone!

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-16-2013, 06:15 PM   #77  
Rubber Obsessor

Ditto on the thank you!
Another awesome weekend with a group of unique paper crafters. Look forward to doing it again soon. Rustlers was an awesome place.
Talk care all.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-16-2013, 07:16 PM   #78  
Die Cut Diva

Yes'm all......a great weekend. Looking forward to the next one!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-16-2013, 09:34 PM   #79  
Stazon Splitcoast

Home safe and sound! My lovely DH was there to meet me, even had my suitcase on a cart before I got to the baggage carousel!! Traffic was really busy on the trip back from Vancouver.

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-19-2013, 07:10 PM   #80  
Cardstock Collector

That was so much fun! Thanks to you all for the help and encouragement, I so enjoyed that weekend. Now I am making a BIG shopping list of all the tools and toys I didn't even know I needed until now. Sheila
Reply With Quote Likes