Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 06-11-2013, 06:39 AM   #1  
Compulsive Stamper

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Question: New Stampin Up Wood Mount Boxes

Hey Everyone - Is anyone using the new SU Wood Mount Boxes yet? I am really in the organizing mood & want to order a bunch of these to replace the old wood mount SU boxes. Was wondering how people like these new boxes & if you can tell me how the wood mount sets fit in the boxes? Trying to figure out how many of each size I need to order..... It's going to be a pretty good investment so I wanted to get some input before ordering.... Any help/thoughts are appreciated. Thanks in advance
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-11-2013, 07:57 AM   #2  
Compulsive Stamper

I think what I'm going to do it draw out the sizes of each box on a piece of paper & cut them out to see which sets need which box.....

My thoughts on doing this are that my wood mount sets will stack neater on my shelf, right now they stack on top of each other and it's so hectic to dig thru them to find what I need. Hoping that converting them all over to the new boxes will help with this.....

How does everyone else store their wood mount stamp sets? And do you guys have the same issues I have with digging thru the stacks? Gosh, I find that so frustrating...... :(
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-11-2013, 09:28 AM   #3  
Pearl-ExPert

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Looking to order the new wood mount storage boxes also. I stack my clamshell boxes in a cabinet but because there are different sizes, it is hard to 'stack' them with all the labels showing. Have to budget between these boxes and the stamp sets I want so it will be a conversion in progress. Like that the boxes will fit like on a shelf like books so will be easier to store and see the labels.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-12-2013, 01:57 AM   #4  
Pearl-ExPert

Yes, those clamshell boxes are a challenge. I'm also ordering some little by little and converting to the new boxes so I can easily storage my wood sets.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-13-2013, 09:51 AM   #5  
Insane Embellisher

Just a reminder (hard lesson learned on other items!) - the measurements given in the catalog are OUTSIDE measurements, not the inside of the box. If your stamps are a tight fit, keep this in mind!

I've unmounted all my stamps, except sets that have lots of little stamps. I think it's great that SU gave you a label for the clamshell boxes, but I found a label with black ink on a white background was easier to read, so I stopped using their labels. Maybe using a black on white label will make the "digging for a stamp set" a bit less stressful!

Another tip: If you want to label SU's ink pads so they are easier to find, use white address labels, print the name of the ink pad in 10 pt. Arial, and punch out the name with the Word Window punch - this punch fits perfectly on the front lower half of the SU ink pad.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-14-2013, 05:57 AM   #6  
Compulsive Stamper

Default Thank you

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sew It SeamsView Post
Just a reminder (hard lesson learned on other items!) - the measurements given in the catalog are OUTSIDE measurements, not the inside of the box. If your stamps are a tight fit, keep this in mind!

I've unmounted all my stamps, except sets that have lots of little stamps. I think it's great that SU gave you a label for the clamshell boxes, but I found a label with black ink on a white background was easier to read, so I stopped using their labels. Maybe using a black on white label will make the "digging for a stamp set" a bit less stressful!

Another tip: If you want to label SU's ink pads so they are easier to find, use white address labels, print the name of the ink pad in 10 pt. Arial, and punch out the name with the Word Window punch - this punch fits perfectly on the front lower half of the SU ink pad.

Great thoughts & ideas Sew It Seams....thank you so much!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-16-2013, 05:02 AM   #7  
Polyshrink Goddess

Received 9 Likes on 4 Posts

I really like the new boxes. I only ordered the big size. It takes a little to arrange the stamps just right so I get the most in one box, but I really like how they are all the same size.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-04-2013, 05:24 AM   #8  
Glitter Queen

Default SU Wood Mount Cases

Quote:

Originally Posted by stamp.crazyView Post
Hey Everyone - Is anyone using the new SU Wood Mount Boxes yet? I am really in the organizing mood & want to order a bunch of these to replace the old wood mount SU boxes. Was wondering how people like these new boxes & if you can tell me how the wood mount sets fit in the boxes? Trying to figure out how many of each size I need to order..... It's going to be a pretty good investment so I wanted to get some input before ordering.... Any help/thoughts are appreciated. Thanks in advance

I am in the process as well of transferring my wood mount stamps from the clear boxes into the new wood mount cases. I found that some of the stamp sets I have on hand require 2 boxes (that is the down side), however, I love the new cases and am so pleased that SU has come out with these new cases. They will be great to put glue dots, dimensionals, and all kinds of other small items....great for taking with you and organizing your stamp room.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-04-2013, 05:55 AM   #9  
Kookie Creator

I stuck all of my tiny alphabet stamps in them. Most fit in the half-size boxes.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-04-2013, 06:23 AM   #10  
Pearl-ExPert

Received 130 Likes on 46 Posts

I only bought the large size boxes.

The stamp sets that fit in the two largest size clamshells will not fit in one box. For right now, they are staying in the clamshells.

The smallest size clamshell sets, I've combined with other small sets or singles, in the same box.

I solved the 'hard to read' title problem by putting a white piece of paper in the box behind the title. Ultimately, I may label them with my dymo labeler.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-06-2013, 10:01 AM   #11  
Rubber Obsessor

I love mine I bought 6 set of both sizes when they came out. (Yes, I am a demo).
I have a large set of retired stamps called Summer by the Sea and the stamp set would not all fit in one full sized box. However, that worked for me in that I only use one stamp in the whole set and that is of the couple cuddling on the sand.
I put that stamp in a half size box and it shares shelf space with the Statement of the Heart stamp sitting on top of it.
I have used the half size boxes to sort and store my Stamping Gear stamp sets and I got rid of all of my little boxes, bins and baskets by using these boxes for embellishments, die cuts, flowers, crystals, pearls, etc. I actually have them in arms reach now without having to tear my desk apart saying, "Where the hell did I put those? I JUST bought them...didn't I?"
I was taking my clamshell boxes down to the recycling bins when my husband stops me and swipes all of the tiny 2x3 boxes, then decided he wanted them all to organize his home office (yeah right, I'll be ordering more wood mount boxes, you wait!)
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-06-2013, 03:55 PM   #12  
Glitter Guru

For those thinking of buying a lot of these stamp boxes, remember that SAB is a great time to place a huge order!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-07-2013, 12:33 PM   #13  
Hardware Hotshot

Received 52 Likes on 35 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheOtherMegView Post
For those thinking of buying a lot of these stamp boxes, remember that SAB is a great time to place a huge order!
Ohhhh ........ great idea! Thanks for the reminder! I'll be needing more wood mount cases by then.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-08-2013, 02:24 PM   #14  
Polyshrink Goddess

My problem is that after I converted some of the woods to the new boxes then what to do with the clamshells. Since I usually sell off old sets in the clamshells now I have 2 sets of stuff to deal with. Also some of the larger woods don't fit into the new boxes. I think Kind and Caring Thoughts is one of them. I do like the organization abilities of the new boxes.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-08-2013, 04:36 PM   #15  
Pearl-ExPert

Does anyone know if 'Teeny Tiny Wishes' will fit in one large box? This is one of my all time favorite sentiment wood mount sets. TIA
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-08-2013, 08:45 PM   #16  
Polyshrink Goddess

Teeny Tiny Wishes does fit in the large box. It's one of the first sets I put in my new boxes.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-27-2013, 04:21 PM   #17  
Glitter Queen

Quote:

Originally Posted by NIKIView Post
My problem is that after I converted some of the woods to the new boxes then what to do with the clamshells. Since I usually sell off old sets in the clamshells now I have 2 sets of stuff to deal with. Also some of the larger woods don't fit into the new boxes. I think Kind and Caring Thoughts is one of them. I do like the organization abilities of the new boxes.
My stamp sets are now all converted to the new wood mount cases. It is just wonderful having them on my shelves in apha order and not rummaging thru the different clam shell sizes. I have used my clam shells to store so many things....and took a large clam shell, took the labels off, took the glue residue off with GooGone, made a pretty insert for the top of the clam shell and used it as a gift box. It turned out so pretty. I will not be parting with any of the clam shells as there are so many uses for them.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-28-2013, 07:29 PM   #18  
Rubber Obsessor

Quote:

Originally Posted by NIKIView Post
Another set is Summer by the Sea doesn't fit in the full sized box, which is fine for me because I rarely use any of them except one and I keep that one in the half size box.
As for what to do with them, if they were in OK shape I've used them for other things like my Stampin' Up! personalized sticky notes and note pads, business cards and address labels. If they were in good shape, I have used them as gift boxes for a set of note cards for a friend, but if they were cracked and nasty they got tossed in the recycling bin.

Last edited by Saphyre333; 08-28-2013 at 07:40 PM.. Reason: misspelled word
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-28-2013, 07:48 PM   #19  
Rubber Obsessor

Quote:

Originally Posted by stamp.crazyView Post
I think what I'm going to do it draw out the sizes of each box on a piece of paper & cut them out to see which sets need which box.....

My thoughts on doing this are that my wood mount sets will stack neater on my shelf, right now they stack on top of each other and it's so hectic to dig thru them to find what I need. Hoping that converting them all over to the new boxes will help with this.....

How does everyone else store their wood mount stamp sets? And do you guys have the same issues I have with digging thru the stacks? Gosh, I find that so frustrating...... :(
I did that too by printing out the label template SU has for the boxes (that way I knew what the inside dimensions were.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-28-2013, 07:54 PM   #20  
Rubber Obsessor

I got one comment on the labels template that Stampin' Up has available for the new wood mount storage cases.
I do not need to waste paper and especially printer ink on 2 sheets of paper. The first page is the label and the second page is the directions on how to mount your wood blocks to your stamps in 4 languages.
Fortunately I caught it after printing the first label and set my printer to print only page 1, but it is something that must be done each time I print a label out.
Do we really need the second page of instructions when all we are doing, ostensibly, is moving stamps from one box to another?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-29-2013, 02:43 AM   #21  
Cardstock Collector

Default Template

Where do I get the label template for the new boxes?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-29-2013, 06:26 AM   #22  
Polyshrink Goddess

Received 9 Likes on 4 Posts

I have transferred about 3/4 of my wood mount stamps to the new boxes. My double mounted alphabets wont fit, they are too thick. I will not have enough room to put all of my Christmas and Halloween stamps in them, so I will have to eventually un-mount some. I have already broken up my stamp sets so I am not sure about which sets fit and which don't. I did have to try a few different times to get as many stamps as possible in one case, it is like a puzzle. Overall, I really like them much better than clamshells or the Stufftainers I was using.

As far as a label, all I did was print out the theme name on my P-touch, like "Thank you" then attached that to a strip of white cardstock and inserted it in the end. Since all my woodblock stamps have a sticker, I can see what they look like when I pick up the case.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-29-2013, 10:26 AM   #23  
Rubber Obsessor

Talking The PDF files are located here!

Quote:

Originally Posted by LennymayView Post
Half sized boxes -
http://www.stampinup.com/us/document...ert_hs.pdf.pdf

Full sized boxes - http://www.stampinup.com/us/document...ert_fs.pdf.pdf

Clear Mount cases label - http://www.stampinup.com/us/document...Insert.pdf.pdf

Easy steps to make the label:
  1. Enter the title of the stamp set in the highlighted area at the top of the label, hit enter and it will automatically go into the side panel title area as well.
  2. Put the number of the stamps in your set in the highlighted block at the bottom of the label.
  3. Print the label - NOTE: unless you want the instruction page on how to mount your wood blocks to your stamps in 4 languages, make sure on your printer's print page it is set to print only page 1.
  4. Use your trimmer to cut it out along the tick marks that is already printed on the label for your convenience.
  5. Stamp the images of the stamp set on the front.
  6. After you print your label, just back over the title and number and you are ready to make another one.

I downloaded the labels to my desktop so I don't have to keep finding them on the site.

Before they came out with these labels, I had scanned one of the labels from another stamp set, took it into Photoshop and erased out all of the pictures and info and used it as a blank for sets I would transfer into their clear mount cases.

I have used that homemade label and SU's wood mount labels to label the clear mount cases I got to store rhinestones, candy dots, pearls, dimensionals, etc and the wood mount boxes that store the washi tape (I also put a little swatch of them on the front and on the spine so I know which box to grab), Paperclay, etc. For the picture on the front of the boxes I use my best friend in the WWW, Google Images for the product, copy the image into Photoshop to edit the size up or down, print it and Snail it to the label (I will print as many images for these boxes as possible on one sheet of paper - I AM NOT CHEAP, just frugal ).

First let me say, this is only how I prefer MY studio. I am not saying that anyone who uses paper tape labels are doing it wrong!
I prefer my shelves to look uniform so I like the Stampin' Up! labels for the boxes.
I only use the printed Casio or the paper tape labels (and I have 2 of the machines!) for boxes I cannot see into like the decorative shoe & photo boxes you can buy at Micheal's for 5 for $10 (I got a great tip for those paper labels so they do not pull the paper off of your boxes when you need to change the label if anyone wants it), but for my Stampin' Up! sets and accessories, I use their labels.
Besides all I need to do is check my Evernote program and it will tell me which of my sets have the sentiments I need or butterflies, etc.

Yes, I know, I am (the forum won't let me use the 'A' word) let's say perfectionist, but what do you expect from a Virgo?!
You should see the labels I made for individual colors of papers in hanging folders!! :p
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-29-2013, 12:45 PM   #24  
Glitter Queen

Quote:

Originally Posted by LennymayView Post
Forums at Splitcoaststampers

Hope this works
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-02-2013, 01:57 PM   #25  
Gabfest Goddess

Received 32 Likes on 15 Posts

Saphyre333, if you are using Photoshop you can just open the template in Photoshop and it will only open the first page (or whichever page you choose) of a multi page PDF (at least that's how mine works). Then use "save as" to make a new file and you don't have to worry about the second page. Then you can copy and paste your stamp set images into a new layer and size that layer to fit your template, add your text into a new layer, etc. and create each box label all in Photoshop. From your post I wasn't sure if you were doing all the work within Photoshop.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-15-2013, 04:02 PM   #26  
Rubber Obsessor

arlenevita, Thanks I will try that tonight! I need a break from making tunnel cards! :p
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-29-2013, 09:07 PM   #27  
Matboard Maniac

does anyone know where to find a template for the half size wood mount cases like ginny had in post #24 in this thread

http://www.stampinup.net/esuite/home/thestampgirls/
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-30-2013, 03:41 AM   #28  
Gabfest Goddess

Received 32 Likes on 15 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by stampgirlsView Post
does anyone know where to find a template for the half size wood mount cases like ginny had in post #24 in this thread
Post #23 has links to all of them.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-30-2013, 07:34 AM   #29  
Proud Fan Club Member

Received 5,901 Likes on 2,174 Posts

Before I converted, I used to put a small piece of white paper behind the label so I could read it, as someone else mentioned here. I have converted all now, and in the process, I have combined some sets to save space. I have saved all the clamshells because they really do come in handy at times.
Reply With Quote Likes