Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 05-24-2011, 07:37 PM   #1  
Dirty Dozen Alumni
SCS Challenge Hostess

This is My Story.

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Teapot Tuesday Appreciation Station - OLD INFO

WELCOME TO
THE TEAPOT TUESDAY
APPRECIATION STATION!

Get Your Warm Fuzzies Here!
Thank You For All You Do!

This is my story!

1. I have started this thread as a place to share appreciation, thank yous, kind words and warm fuzzies to the Teapotters who have mailed their cards to various recipients of the Teapot Tuesday Destination Station. In addition, a place to say thank you to a Fellow Teapotter after being tickled (receiving a card from) after a monthly Tickle a Teapotter challenge!

2. From time to time we get pictures, letters, messages, emails and etc. from the individuals and families our cards have been mailed to through the Destination Station.

3. I always share those communications through an email but have decided that it would be good to share it in a on-going thread as well.

4. So, if you have a thank you, a picture, or kind words that you would like to share with the Teapotters who have mailed your loved one cards through the Teapot Tuesday Destination Station, please feel free to post it here in this thread

5. I should have started this months and months ago, as I cannot tell you how many wonderful thank yous we have received from various people. Over the next few weeks, I will try to go back and post some past pictures, thanks yous, etc. here, IF I cand find them or still have access to them!

THIS THREAD IS A WORK IN PROGRESS. I AM SLOWLY UPDATING IT. IF YOU HAVE A PICTURE OR A THANK YOU THAT WAS SENT TO ME BUT ARE NOT SEEING IT HERE, JUST LET ME KNOW AND I CAN UPDATE THIS THREAD. UNFORTUNATELY, I DON'T HAVE SO VERY MANY OF OUR WONDERFUL THANK YOUS AT MY FINGERTIPS ANYMORE FROM OVER THE LAST COUPLE OF YEARS!

Thank you all!

Last edited by naturecoastcrafter; 08-07-2018 at 09:03 AM..
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-24-2011, 07:48 PM   #2  
Dirty Dozen Alumni
SCS Challenge Hostess

This is My Story.

Heart MMTPT141 ~ TOM AND HIS CARDS!

WARM FUZZIES FROM TOM!

I received this nice message from Marilynn (APandi) along with a very nice picture of Tom and his cards! In Marilynn's own words:

Hi Cindy,
Hope this picture works as it is rather dark. Tom takes out his cards on a regular basis and his comment, no matter which card he has in his hand, is aways, "I like that!"
I'm still in awe of all the time and talent given each card. Thank you!
Marilynn

Thank you Marilynn for sharing! Thank you teapotters for doing what you do!
Attached Thumbnails
Teapot Tuesday Appreciation Station - OLD INFO-tom-his-cards-.jpg  

Last edited by Mothermark; 07-21-2011 at 02:56 AM..
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-24-2011, 08:01 PM   #3  
Dirty Dozen Alumni
SCS Challenge Hostess

This is My Story.

Heart MMTPT146 ~ A Thank You From Anthony's Mom!

WARM FUZZIES FROM ANTHONY'S MOM!

This is a message of thanks that Joann, Anthony's mom posted in the Teapot Tuesday #146 challenge thread!

HI Teapotters! I'm Joann, Anthony's mom. I am so honored that you are all keeping my son in your thoughts and prayers. It means so much to both of us that you are all making these wonderful inspirational cards to lift his spirits up. Anthony has been viewing all the cards with me and he personally wanted me to say and i quote, " Thank you to all of you for making these special cards for just some teenage boy you don't even know. The cards are all so cool and I never knew that people would care about someone they didn't know at all". You ladies are very special for doing what you do here for others and the talent does not go un-noticed. I appreciate each and every one of you and you will all be in my prayers and heart! It takes a great bunch of special people to do something so heart-warming and touching to reach the hearts and souls of others. May God bless you all. Thank you again!

Another message from Joann a couple of days later......

Wow you ladies are so amazing!! So many cards have flooded our mailbox for Anthony and my gosh they are all unique, heart-warming and appreciated!!! My son didn't realize that some cards would be coming through the mail to our front door and when he saw the huge pile of cards(two days in a row) just for him, he CRIED!!! We even had a card come from New Zealand!!! Imagine that!! You ladies are so very welcome for the destination this week and believe it or not, I'm overwhelmed myself with all the wonderful cards and comments to my son in those cards. You have all made my son realize that there are good honest and caring people out there and that nobody is ever alone in this world. I would love to do this as well with you all for another person. It is the least I can do is to pay it forward so please email me at [email protected] to let me know when the next destination will be and where to send my card. I am grateful to each and every single one of you ladies. God bless you all!

Thank you teapotters for all you do!

Last edited by Mothermark; 05-25-2011 at 01:51 PM..
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-25-2011, 07:07 AM   #4  
Dirty Dozen Alumni
SCS Challenge Hostess

This is My Story.

Heart MMTPT131 ~ Cherries for Shari

WARM FUZZIES FROM ME!
CHERRIES FOR SHARI!

This is a picture of my neice, Shari. Shari was diagnosed a week or so before Christmas with breast cancer. She has had two surgeries and will begin Chemo treatments for 20 weeks next Wednesday, March 2nd and then follow up with radiation.

2. I took advantage of all of the wonderful and generous stampers that participate in my Teapot Tuesday weekly challenge and made Shari the recipient of cards for one of our Teapot Tuesday Challenges. Here is a link to the challenge and story, Cherries for Shari.

3. Shari came over yesterday afternoon and we laid all of her cards (all 70 of them) out on my kitchen table and I took of this picture! Honestly, from the bottom of my heart, Pat (Foxy67) and I cannot thank those that participated enough! Yesterday, watching Shari tell me about how many she got, how many from Canada, how many from Ireland, how many from New Zealand, the most she got in one day, what the mail man must have thought, what came inside what card, what teapotters told her about their own breast cancer fight, which teapotters told her they had met me in person, what this card was made with, what her hubby thought of that card......you get the picture...on and on and on! Snort! She carries them around in the cherry box I made her being oh so careful not to damage a single one! Yes, they do fit but barely!!! Giggle!

4. She has taken all 70 of them to work and all the people in her office including a bunch of College students at Colorado State University oohed and aahed over them, she has taken them to her monthly stamp class and all her fellow stampers oohed and aahed over them, and she just sat at my kitchen table and said, I don't wanna put em back in the box!!! OMG! She loves them and is so grateful and thankful and touched!

5. Again, thank you so much, all of you who participated and sent wonderful Cherry themed cards to my neice! Seeing first hand how she was encouraged by your cards was the most wonderful thing. I personally had a wonderful time looking at all of them up close and personal! This Teapot Tuesday Destination Station thing would not work so well if it weren't for the willingness of my fellow stampers to put their cards in the mail!
Attached Thumbnails
Teapot Tuesday Appreciation Station - OLD INFO-sharis-cherries-%7E-one-.jpg  

Last edited by Mothermark; 05-25-2011 at 11:50 AM..
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-25-2011, 07:19 AM   #5  
Dirty Dozen Alumni
SCS Challenge Hostess

This is My Story.

Heart MMTPT131 ~ OWLS FOR MARIE!

WARM FUZZIES FROM FRAN AND MARIE!

Fellow Teapotter Philsmom (Fran)'s sister needed some cheering up! Pictures attached although not all the cards are shown! I could only upload 5!

In Fran's Own Words......

To my dear lovely SCS Teapotters,

I just returned from visiting my sister, Marie, who was the recipient of the Owl cards made for MMTPT133. I asked her if she liked the cards. She paused, began to cry and said, �No. I LOVE them, I love them, I love them!�

She could barely speak about them without crying and smiling. She said when she feels low she asks that the cards be taken out for her. I took each one out and showed it to her again before placing them on the coffee table to be photographed. Alongside some of her owls was a little glass pig with pink wings. She said it arrived in a jar with the cards. She loves it. (you know she does if piggy shares coveted shelf space with the owls). Piggy's picture with Marie is also attached.

While none of her limbs can move, her mouth definitely can, as evidenced by her great big smile when we were going through the cards. She was beaming with happiness and crying tears of joy. Marie was in awe of all the cards and it was the first time she ever received international mail, represented by Canada, Switzerland, New Zealand & Ireland.

How do I thank you all for your time and talents you shared with a stranger? My heart is happy seeing her so happy. I don�t possess the words to convey the positive effect this had on my sister. If a picture is worth a thousand words. . .
Attached Thumbnails
Teapot Tuesday Appreciation Station - OLD INFO-rsz_marie-happy1.jpg   Teapot Tuesday Appreciation Station - OLD INFO-rsz_marie7.jpg   Teapot Tuesday Appreciation Station - OLD INFO-rsz_marie4.jpg   Teapot Tuesday Appreciation Station - OLD INFO-rsz_marie3.jpg   Teapot Tuesday Appreciation Station - OLD INFO-rsz_marie2.jpg  

Last edited by Mothermark; 05-25-2011 at 07:45 AM..
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-25-2011, 07:32 AM   #6  
Dirty Dozen Alumni
SCS Challenge Hostess

This is My Story.

Heart MMTPT109 ~ Eula & Her Birthday Cards!!

SOME WARM FUZZIES FROM MRS. EULA COUSINS
AN AMAZING WOMAN!
AGE 108!

We sent Eula Cousins birthday cards to celebrate her 108 birthday. Eula is a friend of a friend of fellow teapotter/scser Pidgesmom (Lorraine). What a kick that Eula is!

This is the picture of her with all of her cards! Oh and if you don't see your card there its because there are several more cards scattered all around the room! In Eula's own words, here is her heartfelt message to the stampers that send cards to and celebrated with her!

Dear Stampers:

What a wonderful birthday present... I could not imagine that I would ever receive cards so beautiful and from EVERYWHERE! Each one was a treasure to hold in my hand. This birthday was so much fun for me and I found myself anticipating the mail each day after the first batch of cards arrived. I have shared them with all of my friends here at Cathedral Village and all of the visitors I have had. No one can believe that people I never met would be so kind to recognize me in this way. I have been asked to come to the men's group to share the story.. of course everyone here wonders what a blog is! My friend Jackie did her best to explain it to me. I am very interested in the Internet. People explain it all to me and it is a wonderful thing to be able to have access to so much information so quickly! I am thinking of adding computers to the classes that I take each month!

So.. I will answer the question for you that everyone asks a person of my age... what keeps me so alive and vital?? The answer is simple... LOVE! I LOVE people, I LOVE to learn and I am curious about everything! I eat well, I sleep, I read 2-3 books a month, I crochet lap blankets to be donated to people undergoing dialysis. I make bookmarks. I take care of my bird, Star! Each day for me is an adventure and a day to be treasured. My nephew and I recently had to make a decision about renewing my passport! It was no easy decision.. Finally.. reluctantly I told him that maybe my international travel days are over... we then made the decision to go to the local DMV to get a photo ID! Funny thing is that the computers only registered a birthday of 1906 and of course mine is 1902. It through a glitch in the process and we were there ALL day! They kept asking me ...are you sure you were born in 1902??? What an adventure!

So.. stampers.. that is a little about me. Keep up the good work.. you are a very talented bunch! If you are every in Philadelphia.. please drop by and visit. To the woman who shared about her life on the organic farm... I LOVED reading all about you and would love to KNOW more!

THANK YOU! THANK YOU! And one more thing.. If you are wondering about my philosophy about death... read the poem Thanatopsis... the last verse explains it well!

Eula Cousins
Attached Thumbnails
Teapot Tuesday Appreciation Station - OLD INFO-mrs_-cousins.jpg  

Last edited by Mothermark; 06-08-2011 at 04:57 AM..
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-25-2011, 07:43 AM   #7  
Dirty Dozen Alumni
SCS Challenge Hostess

This is My Story.

Heart MMTPT130 ~ Cute Babies Times Two!

WARM FUZZIES FROM KOKIEROSE (PAT!)

Fellow Teapotter/SCSer celebrating being grandma to two new grandbabies last year! We helped The Graham Family Celebrate! In Pat's own words:

Hello... Here is a picture I took today - My twin grandbabies - Austin and Sydney with all the beautiful Baby cards that were sent to them by the wonderful Teapot Tuesday gang...

Thank you from the bottom of my Heart...

Kyle and Carlie are absolutely amazed by all the cards they have been receiving - while I was visiting. - Not all are pictured as they were still coming in!

Sending you all a GREAT BIG HUG...

Gramma Rose and the Graham Family (Kyle,Carlie, Kayla, Austin and Sydney)
Attached Thumbnails
Teapot Tuesday Appreciation Station - OLD INFO-austin_and_sydney_with_mmtpt130_baby_cards_by_kokirose.jpg  
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-25-2011, 08:15 AM   #8  
Dirty Dozen Alumni
SCS Challenge Hostess

This is My Story.

Heart MMTPT127 ~ Little Jon and His Cards!

WARM FUZZIES FROM JAMIEPTS (JAMIE)
PAT SMETHER'S DAUGHTER IN LAW!

We celebrated the birth of fellow teapotter Pat Smether's grandson. Her daughter in law is also a fellow teapotter! Here is a picture of little Jon and his cards!

In Jamie's own words....

Thanks to all the wonderful Teapotters and stampers who sent my beautiful son Jon cards and gifts. This is a picture of him with all his Splitcoast cards. He was kinda fussy that day (I think he had gas). LOL! It was so much fun looking at all the cards we got and even the mailman make a comment about our mail from around the world.

Thank you again ladies!! I hope to be stamping again soon.

JamiePTS, Jason and little Jon
Attached Thumbnails
Teapot Tuesday Appreciation Station - OLD INFO-jon_with_cards_by_jamiepts.jpg  
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-25-2011, 08:26 AM   #9  
Dirty Dozen Alumni
SCS Challenge Hostess

This is My Story.

Heart MMTPT99 ~ 75th Birthday for Nancy!

WARM FUZZIES FROM CLYNDAGO (Lynda) AND HER MOM!

We helped fellow Teapotter (Clyndago) celebrate her mom's 7th birthday!

Attached are pictures and here is a thank you in Lynda's own words:

THANK YOU to everyone who has sent a card for my mom's 75th birthday! Nancy was very surprised, and when we saw her on Sunday, she posed with the cards she had received as of that day (the 27th) ~ Update 6/29: Nancy called last night to say that she had received 8 more yesterday...including Cook22 (yea!!) I will go up to see her again soon, because she wants me to do an updated picture (since a little birdy told me there are more still on the way!!)

As Mom said: Every one of them is a piece of art!! She is so blown away with the kindness of you all!
Attached Thumbnails
Teapot Tuesday Appreciation Station - OLD INFO-mom_s_bday_001_by_clyndago.jpg   Teapot Tuesday Appreciation Station - OLD INFO-mom_s_bday_002_by_clyndago.jpg   Teapot Tuesday Appreciation Station - OLD INFO-thank_you_from_mom_by_clyndago.jpg  
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-29-2011, 07:21 AM   #10  
Dirty Dozen Alumni
SCS Challenge Hostess

This is My Story.

Heart MMTPT135 ~ AN UPDATE AND THANK YOU FROM BOBBY!

WARM FUZZIES FROM BOBBY!

The destination for Teapot Tuesday #135 was Bobby, a young gentlemen in New Mexico that had a tragic accident and was severely burned. I got an update in a letter I received from my sister. In her own words:

I wanted to let you know how much all of the cards meant to Bobbie and the ones for Claudine, his grandmother, as well. I finally was able to deliver the book that I made for Bobbie which holds all of the cards. He has been in therapy and seeing many doctors so it was difficult to schedule a time to visit him. I was happy to see him answer the door. I had to put the cards in a album because he still doesn't have fingers. His sister helped him turn the pages. He has a long ways to go. His grandmother worries that he isn't getting therapy for depression but I'm not sure if they can afford it. I think that is why they brought him home so soon. Anyway, he needs continued prayers, what a sweet boy and what an ordeal he has been through. The youth pastor said he has come to some church functions and the kids in the church are picking him up and supporting him in his efforts to recover. Thank you all who sent cards to Bobbie!

Thank you all for making Bobbie's book filled to the brim. There were over 100 cards in that album!

Last edited by Mothermark; 06-08-2011 at 04:58 AM..
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-04-2011, 05:48 PM   #11  
Dirty Dozen Alumni
SCS Challenge Hostess

This is My Story.

Heart MMTPT142 ~ Cards for Kay

WARM FUZZIES FROM CHARLENE AND HER GRANDMOTHER, KAY!

This is an email that I received from Charlene and I am posting it here for all those who participated in Kay's Destination Station!

Hi Cindy:

Could you please forward this to all the Teapotters. It is from my grandmother (Kay Knelson) and also thanks from my mom (Carolyn) and the rest of the family. Many people got the chance to enjoy the cards when they visited her. I have a flight booked for mid-July so I will get the chance to see them IRL!!!! yay! She is moved into her new home now and trying to get settled. She is still having quite a bit of trouble with her right hand � it hurts and is very weak and she can�t do much with it at all. I know she is suffering from a bit of depression with these health issues and her move and everything. I know that the cards really did help her (and continue to) and she has them to look at whenever she wants. This is a wonderful thing we do and to be close to someone on the receiving end is very humbling! (and she�s 91 tomorrow!)

Here�s her message:

Thank you so much for the Birthday and Get Well wishes when I had surgery on my broken arm. You all helped me through a difficult time, and every message, prayer, and scripture verse was so meaningful and appreciated.

You are a special group of devoted and giving women, and I find it hard to think you spend so much time and expense on someone you don`t even know. May God Bless you all as you continue this ministry of love.

Once again, thank you all!

Last edited by Mothermark; 06-08-2011 at 04:56 AM..
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-08-2011, 04:47 AM   #12  
Dirty Dozen Alumni
SCS Challenge Hostess

This is My Story.

Heart Email Card Drive for StampingQueenJar

WARM FUZZIES FROM STAMPINGQUEENJAR (JUDY)

We sent cards to Judy to cheer her up after carpel tunnel surgery. In Judy's own words:

Thank you to everyone that has sent me emails and wonderful stamped cards. They have been such an encouragement. I will be posting them and indiv. thank yous later when I can type longer. You all are wonderful.

Last edited by Mothermark; 06-08-2011 at 04:58 AM..
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-08-2011, 04:56 AM   #13  
Dirty Dozen Alumni
SCS Challenge Hostess

This is My Story.

Heart E-Mail Card Drive for Triasimite (Bev)

WARM FUZZIES FROM TRIASIMITE (BEV)

We sent cards to Bev (Triasimite) while she recovers from two surgeries. Many of you sent cards to Bev. Her is Bev in her own words:

Just now feeling like seeing what's going on at Teapot Heaven! Haven't made cards in a very long time and can't stay focused very long to see what others are doing. One of these days that will change. Slow recovery but probably pretty fair at my age. Home Health, Physical Therapy, and five kids keep a close eye on me and I'm thankful. I've received sooooo many beautiful cards from these terrific ladies. There's no way to thank them for their wonderful wishes.

Teapotters are angels in disguise!

Thanks, Bev

Thank You People!

Last edited by Mothermark; 06-19-2011 at 03:49 AM..
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-08-2011, 05:20 PM   #14  
Dirty Dozen Alumni
SCS Challenge Hostess

This is My Story.

Default MMTPT145 ~ APPRECIATION STATION!

WARM FUZZIES FROM DEBBIE ~ MMTPT145

Warm Fuzzies from Debbie ~ MMTPT145

We recently sent our cards to a friend of Lois' (Clownmom) who had some surgery and was having a difficult time. I got the following email from Debbie with a message to be shared with the teapotters! You guys rock! Thanks so much for all you do! In Debbie's own words;

Cindy

I would appreciate you putting this great big THANK YOU on you web site.

Hi All....

I want to thank everyone for taking the time in their busy lives to send me the most beautifully hand-crafted cards that I have ever seen. I have received around 50 cards with more coming every day. My mail box was full for a couple of days and my husband wanted to know "What have you subscribed to now".

You have no idea how much the cards, along with their encouragement, thoughts and prayers are needed at this time in my life. The loss of my husband’s vision and my surgery has definitely put me in a depressed state.

Warmest Regards,
Debbie

P.S. I love showing them off and I plan on making a collage to remind me on a daily basis that there are genuine people (like you guys) that care You are a gift from God and I cannot say thank you enough.

Thank you teapotters, you are an amazing group of stampers!
Hugs
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-11-2011, 04:59 AM   #15  
Dirty Dozen Alumni
SCS Challenge Hostess

This is My Story.

Default APPRECIATION STATION ~ WARM FUZZIES MMTPT121

WARM FUZZIES FROM TINA AND BRENDA!

About 30 challenges ago, we sent cards to Brenda, a very close friend of fellow teapotter Tina (Garden Diva). Brenda was battling ovarian cancer. Its been such a long, difficult time for Brenda and at this time, things are going pretty good! In Tina's own words, here are some warm fuzzies!

Cindy,

Just an update on Brenda.....it was 4 weeks yesterday since her last chemo treatment. She's feeling stronger each and every day. Her CA125 number was down to 25. 35 and below are considered normal. Her wonderful doctor was very encouraged. We all hugged and cried. We also know that her cancer was NOT cured. It's in remission. Ovarian is a bad one to cure. We placed all of this in God's hands and are just happy for each day. She still has all of the cards sent to her by the teapotters sitting in her office. She's still amazed that total strangers would do that for her. I just explained that the teapotters are an actual angel brigade and spread love and kindness through the snail mail !!!

Keep up the wonderful work you are doing...........you never know how much someone might need those little words of encouragement !!! Have a super Friday.

HUGS
Tina

Thank you Teapotters for all you do!
Hugs!

Last edited by Mothermark; 06-19-2011 at 03:59 AM..
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-19-2011, 03:52 AM   #16  
Dirty Dozen Alumni
SCS Challenge Hostess

This is My Story.

Heart APPRECIATION STATION ~ WARM FUZZIES MMTPT134!

WARM FUZZIES FROM JOY AND LAUREN

The destination for MMTPT134 was Lauren.....a young actress that had health issues that were keeping her from reaching her goals. This is an update and a thank you to the teapotters for the wonderful cards that Lauren received during a difficult time for her.

In Joy's own words.

Hi Cindy,

First, thanks again for all you and the Teapotters did for Lauren at a time when she needed an uplifting of spirits. Things were so rough for her for such a long time and she is still having some rough patches, like today when her arthritis in her knee is hurting. But my daughter picks up and goes on with life and I'm very proud of her. I am sending you a picture of her with all the cards she received up until around March.

She had such great fun receiving them and they really cheered her up. Because she knows the effort that goes into making cards, she treasures them and has them stored safely away.

Now an update:

She is on a really strict diet...no caffeine, no excess sugar, no fruit except blueberries and watermelon, very limited red meat, no tomatoes, no chocolate...yep no chocolate. She is also lactose intolerant, and celiac intolerant...no pasta, bread, pizza, sandwiches, subs, etc. So we are now both on a very "eat clean diet" and she has been doing so much better. She goes to the gym several times a week and is in great shape. She recently ran a 5K run for "Run Drugs out of Town" here in the area.

Starting in September she will be filming an independent movie as the lead which will include sometime spent in Maine! We are super excited and she has been filming commercials for it. Nothing is out and it is an independent film, but she at least is going to work in her field! In the meantime she has a part-time job at DSW Warehouse, a shoe store, and enjoys it a lot.

As long as she remains on the diet, she has done really well. If she accidentally eats something she isn't supposed to, she has pain. We are really careful at restaurants and I've gotten to where I don't feel the need for red meat, chocolate, or anything with wheat. So it's not been a hardship for me too much. Ok...except for the occasional craving for pizza! lol.

Hugs to you all.

Joy Moss/cotdsffs

A big thank you to all who sent cards!
Attached Thumbnails
Teapot Tuesday Appreciation Station - OLD INFO-lauren-her-cards-.jpg  

Last edited by Mothermark; 06-19-2011 at 03:58 AM..
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-19-2011, 04:18 AM   #17  
Dirty Dozen Alumni
SCS Challenge Hostess

This is My Story.

Heart MMTPT120 ~ WARM FUZZIES FROM ANNE!

Back in November, we sent birthday cards to the mother of fellow teapotter jdmommy (Anne) Here is a nice little message from Anne about the burfday cards we sent her mom!

In her own words: (picture attached!)

Here's a picture of Mom taken in my kitchen with the cards that arrived as of 11/22. She will forward to me the names of those who send cards that reach her after Thanksgiving, but we wanted to post what has come in, and thank everyone. What FAB friends Teapotters are!!

Hugs,
Anne

Thanks you to all who sent cards!
Attached Thumbnails
Teapot Tuesday Appreciation Station - OLD INFO-evelyn%2520and%2520her%2520cards.jpg  
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-11-2011, 07:10 PM   #18  
Dirty Dozen Alumni
SCS Challenge Hostess

This is My Story.

Heart MMTPT153 ~ WARM FUZZIES FROM STEPHANIE!

WARM FUZZIES FROM STEPHANIE!!

Hello everyone!

Just here to share a very nice email I received from Stephanie. She has been watchin Nathan's mailbox fill up with our cards! Whoot! Here is the email she sent me:

Hi my dear Mothermark,

I hopeyou enjoy the photos..Today (Monday) Nathan received another eight cards--so far its 30 cards !!!! I only worked 1/2 day so I don'tknow if his sister came in or not--but I will keep you posted. This is so awesome !!! God bless you all for sharing your time and talent with others

talk to you later
Stephanie

Be sure to check out the pictures as well!

Thank you very much for sending cards!
Attached Thumbnails
Teapot Tuesday Appreciation Station - OLD INFO-008.jpg   Teapot Tuesday Appreciation Station - OLD INFO-010.jpg   Teapot Tuesday Appreciation Station - OLD INFO-013.jpg  

Last edited by Mothermark; 07-20-2011 at 03:13 AM..
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-21-2011, 02:52 AM   #19  
Dirty Dozen Alumni
SCS Challenge Hostess

This is My Story.

Heart MMTPT151 ~ A Thank You from Sandy and Susan!

WARM FUZZIES FROM SANDY!

Just sharing some pictures/emails with all of you! Remember when we sent our Designer Dodgeballs to Sandy? Meet Sandy and check out her awesome Henna tattoo on her head! Hee! Its so cool.....

Anyway, this is an email that I got from fellow teapotter Charlene (Cookiebaker)(in red) and an email that she got from Susan (Sandy's friend)(in blue)........Once again....you all have been amazing, making and sending your wonderful cards and kind words!

Thanks so much for all you do!

Hugs
Cindy

Good Morning!

Susan sent some photos of Sandy and her cards over last night...must have been late cause I went to bed at Cinderella time...at any rate, the cards are hanging at Martin Memorial Hospital in Stuart, FL, so everyone on the cardiac ward gets to enjoy them...isn't Sandy's head awesome? I may try to get over there to take a peek in person and get more photos.

Happy Monday,
Charlene

Hi Charlene,
Missed you this morning but here are Sandy's pictures.....She is still receiving cards and what fun we have had with them.
She gets so excited with each arrival and stops everything she is doing and we read them together. What a blessing....I hope these women realize the impact they are having on the recipients of these special handmade with love cards....They are just awesome!!!!
You are such a blessing to me and I so appreciate your friendship and your exqample of womanly Godliness...(I think I just made that term up)
Thank you for all you do.
Love,
Susan
Attached Thumbnails
Teapot Tuesday Appreciation Station - OLD INFO-picture-1699.jpg   Teapot Tuesday Appreciation Station - OLD INFO-picture-1700.jpg   Teapot Tuesday Appreciation Station - OLD INFO-picture-1701.jpg  
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-07-2011, 04:04 AM   #20  
Dirty Dozen Alumni
SCS Challenge Hostess

This is My Story.

Heart MMTPT157 ~ A Thank You From Brenda!

WARM FUZZIES FROM BRENDA!

Hello everyone! As you may or may not know, we made it all the way through the Hugs and Hope list of children and each child will be getting a card. The Cards for a Cause challenge will remain through the month of August so we might get through the list a second time!

I just wanted to share the following email that I received from Brenda. In her own words........

WOW! WOW! WOW! That is so GREAT! All the kids are getting cards. I just wanted to HUG and KISS All of the Stampers. Such a Great Bunch of people doing this and putting so much love into it. Makes you feel so good knowing there are lots of loving people in our world even with all the bad. I believe all the good out weigh the bad anyway but there�s just not enough news about the good. I will definitely be telling everyone I know about you all. I�ve just loved all the cards and enjoyed so much checking them all out. I know there�s going to be a bunch of smiles going on when the kids get them.

Oh I�ve been so excited there is a little problem. Please ask them to be sure and note when they send, who the cards is going to so I can go on the site and record it unless they want to do. I have recorded all the ones from the beginning so they do not need to record those (From each one of the kids getting a card) Now that they started over I have not recorded any so if they want to they can or if not please let me know what kids are getting cards and I will record.

I have some catching up to do to look at all the cards I missed so far.

Love you all
God Bless each and every one of you
Brenda

Thank Teapotters! You are so good!

Hugs!

Last edited by Mothermark; 08-07-2011 at 04:07 AM..
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-07-2011, 12:52 PM   #21  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by MothermarkView Post
WARM FUZZIES FROM BRENDA!

Hello everyone! As you may or may not know, we made it all the way through the Hugs and Hope list of children and each child will be getting a card. The Cards for a Cause challenge will remain through the month of August so we might get through the list a second time!

I just wanted to share the following email that I received from Brenda. In her own words........

WOW! WOW! WOW! That is so GREAT! All the kids are getting cards. I just wanted to HUG and KISS All of the Stampers. Such a Great Bunch of people doing this and putting so much love into it. Makes you feel so good knowing there are lots of loving people in our world even with all the bad. I believe all the good out weigh the bad anyway but there�s just not enough news about the good. I will definitely be telling everyone I know about you all. I�ve just loved all the cards and enjoyed so much checking them all out. I know there�s going to be a bunch of smiles going on when the kids get them.

Oh I�ve been so excited there is a little problem. Please ask them to be sure and note when they send, who the cards is going to so I can go on the site and record it unless they want to do. I have recorded all the ones from the beginning so they do not need to record those (From each one of the kids getting a card) Now that they started over I have not recorded any so if they want to they can or if not please let me know what kids are getting cards and I will record.

I have some catching up to do to look at all the cards I missed so far.

Love you all
God Bless each and every one of you
Brenda

Thank Teapotters! You are so good!

Hugs!
Cindy is this the one we had a number to go by and that was the number of the child you sent the cards too....Mine went right to the child...On the site it has there home addresses...or is this something else....u know me...doesn't take much to get confused.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-08-2011, 02:42 AM   #22  
Dirty Dozen Alumni
SCS Challenge Hostess

This is My Story.

Quote:

Originally Posted by foxy67View Post
Cindy is this the one we had a number to go by and that was the number of the child you sent the cards too....Mine went right to the child...On the site it has there home addresses...or is this something else....u know me...doesn't take much to get confused.
Yes, this is the one for the H&H kids. It is correct, your cards go directly to the child at home. Well, actually they are PO boxes I think. No cards go to the H&H site. It is important when you send a card to post in the thread in Cards for a Cause (this thread) because Brenda is picking up those names from there and reporting on the site that cards have been mailed.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-08-2011, 12:31 PM   #23  
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

Originally Posted by MothermarkView Post
Yes, this is the one for the H&H kids. It is correct, your cards go directly to the child at home. Well, actually they are PO boxes I think. No cards go to the H&H site. It is important when you send a card to post in the thread in Cards for a Cause (this thread) because Brenda is picking up those names from there and reporting on the site that cards have been mailed.
Cindy I mailed my card directly to the child's home...On the main H&H page it lists all the children and what they have and there *home adresses* They have the home address for each individual child. I didn't see any thing about PO boxes, unless your friend is having us send them to a PO box which I never got.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-08-2011, 08:27 PM   #24  
Dirty Dozen Alumni
SCS Challenge Hostess

This is My Story.

Quote:

Originally Posted by foxy67View Post
Cindy I mailed my card directly to the child's home...On the main H&H page it lists all the children and what they have and there *home adresses* They have the home address for each individual child. I didn't see any thing about PO boxes, unless your friend is having us send them to a PO box which I never got.
Pat, I pmed you.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-15-2011, 07:40 PM   #25  
Stazon Splitcoast

I am packed and ready for tomorrow. I was looking at the teapot fun before heading to bed to try and get some sleep when I saw the cards IN MY HONOR!!! You have already made me laugh and cry and feel warm all over because of the long distance friendships I have made through this challenge. The cards are either extremely beautiful or extremely funny.....you have made one old lady feel very special. Thank you so much. HUGE hugs from Aurora, Colorado!!!! Good night.

conair, sput, cj

Proud Fan Club Member
Proud Member of Schirmcat's Naughty List
Member of Send Love Today
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-17-2011, 06:23 PM   #26  
Dirty Dozen Alumni
SCS Challenge Hostess

This is My Story.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Connie Jo9View Post
I am packed and ready for tomorrow. I was looking at the teapot fun before heading to bed to try and get some sleep when I saw the cards IN MY HONOR!!! You have already made me laugh and cry and feel warm all over because of the long distance friendships I have made through this challenge. The cards are either extremely beautiful or extremely funny.....you have made one old lady feel very special. Thank you so much. HUGE hugs from Aurora, Colorado!!!! Good night.

conair, sput, cj
Aww...you are very welcome....I know you won't have time till you are well on your way before you can really take a look at the cards....and by that time, they will be coming in the mail! Whoot! Take it easy Con-Air...I know you might not see this for awhile, but don't rush yourself!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-18-2011, 04:01 AM   #27  
Dirty Dozen Alumni
SCS Challenge Hostess

This is My Story.

Heart MMTPT158 ~ Warm Fuzzies from PJ's Sister!

Warm Fuzzies from Charlene (cookiebaker) and PJ's sister, Katie.

I received this email from Charlene. She heard from Patrick's sister, Katie. Patrick is the destination of our *golden retriever cards* for MMTPT158. Once again you all have worked your magic! Thank you AGAIN!!! Here is Charlene's email to me (in red) and Katie's email to Charlene (in blue).

Hi Cindy,

I received this email this morning from PJ (Patrick's) sister, Katie. Katie flew up from Florida to see Patrick in NY. He has lost his hair and teeth so it's understandable why he doesn't want his photo taken right now. Please add my thanks to Katie's. I don't know either of them but the Teapotter's have once again proven that a bit of paper and ink combined with love has the power to change a life.

Blessings,
Charlene

Hi Charlene,
I just wanted to thank you and the group once again for sending the cards. PJ received so many and they were so so nice and very personalized.This group does such awsome work and really brightened my brothers days. Its amazing how you knew very little about PJ but yet each card was like his best friends were sending them.Thank you so much. My brother doesnt really want to have his picture taken right now but as soon as this is behind him hopefully I can send you a picture of him with a great big smile. Once again I cant thank you enough. Katie

Once again, thank you Teapotters for all you do!

Last edited by Mothermark; 08-18-2011 at 04:23 AM..
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-30-2011, 04:41 AM   #28  
Dirty Dozen Alumni
SCS Challenge Hostess

This is My Story.

Heart MMTPT159 ~ Warm Fuzzies from Connie Jo.

Warm Fuzzies From Connie Jo

This was an email I received from Cathy (Mutnik). It was a message for the teapotters that she received from her sister, Connie Jo. Connie recently had knee replacement surgery and the teapotters sent her cards! Thanks for sharing Cathy!

Cindy,

Could you please pass this on to those fabulously sweet teapot partiers for me?.........

My sis is finally home. Golfers were still hanging around her tree but she wasn't able to get to them and ask for autographs! Ah Fooy!

She did want me to have you re-lay to everyone what an up-lifting thing it was to come home to all the wonderful cards with such kind words inside waiting for her. She really needed this.

She also said snowboarding is probably going to be out, like forever! BUT golfing hopefully will still be in her future.

She hasn't been able to go down the two flights of stairs to her computer room to comment on the cards, just can't get that new knee to cooperate. BUT she said that she will be commenting on ALL the cards as soon as she is able to get to that dang computer! It is slow going, plus she is still running a slight fever which has her concerned. Hopefully it will go away soon.

Thanks again EVERYONE for all your thoughtfulness and kindness. You guys are the best!

Hugs,
ConnieJo9, otherwise known as Con-Air
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-02-2011, 12:02 AM   #29  
Dirty Dozen Alumni
SCS Challenge Hostess

This is My Story.

Heart MMTPT154 ~KIND WORDS FROM RITA

WARM FUZZIES FROM RITA AND CHARLENE

Hi Teapotters! More evidence that what you do week after week is so meaningful to the recipients of your awesome cards!

Rita was the recipient of our cards for MMTPT154. Rita is a dear friend of a friend of fellow teapotter Charlene (crystaldolphins). She was diagnosed with lung cancer awhile back. At the time of the challenge Charlene did not now if Rita's cancer was terminal or not but it is. She is doing well in terms of lack of symptoms, however the diagnosis is very real. She would appreciate your continued prayers and sends the following message:

In Rita's own words:

I had a wonderful surprise bestowed on me by my friend Charlene. One day in the mail I received a gorgeous homemade card from a complete stranger. Jo-Anne told me that this is something that "stampers" do for people to send them kind thoughts and that Charlene had put me on their list. As the days went by, I received card after beautiful card each and everyone of them unique and special. I sat here reading them, and the prayers, loving thoughts, white light, and encouragement made me cry everyday. I was so touched by their kindness, and generosity that it was truly overwhelming. The thought that all these wonderful people had taken time from their busy and hectic lives to reach out to a stranger made me realize that no matter what your situation, there is always silver lining in every cloud. Thank you from the bottom of my heart. Rita

From Charlene:

Thanks so much everyone! We truly touch hearts at such a deep level with our 'putting ink and some colour and paper together' along with a heartfelt note. What we do is beyond description. I know that the Destination Stations keep me going . . .

Have a wonderful and safe long weekend.
Hugs,
Charlene
crystaldolphins

Last edited by Mothermark; 09-02-2011 at 12:07 AM..
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-16-2011, 09:13 PM   #30  
Dirty Dozen Alumni
SCS Challenge Hostess

This is My Story.

Heart WARM FUZZIES FROM JOJOT~JOANNE~SNOSNOT!

WARM FUZZIES FROM JOJOT~JOANNE~SNOSNOT!

Some kind words from Fellow Teapotter Joanne after having received cards when her beloved little doggie, Pepper had to be put to sleep! Thank you Joanne.

Dear Fellow Teapotters,

Words cannot express my appreciation for your kind words, cards, and messages. The loss of my beloved Pepper tears at my heart. Since my retirement over 5 years ago, he has been my constant companion. At only 8 years of age, he left us young and oh so suddenly, but your kindness helps to temper that grief. This ‘shower of love’ you have sent warms my heart. Angel, a pup we rescued in the winter, has also kept my spirits up, although she still looks for her ‘brother’. These ‘fur babies’ sure do wrap their paws around our heart.......forever!!!!

I know you have heard this before, but I must say it again. The ‘love’ that is shown through your creations really does bring comfort and joy to those receiving them......and I can now say that from first hand experience. Seeing those cards in the snail mail box reminds one of the wonderful people in our lives, both near and far.

Sincerely thankful,
joanne/jojot/snosnot
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-16-2011, 10:00 PM   #31  
Dirty Dozen Alumni
SCS Challenge Hostess

This is My Story.

Default MMTPT149 ~ WARM FUZZIES FROM LINDSAY!

MMTPT149 ~ WARM FUZZIES FROM LINDSAY

Remember some time back in Teapot Tuesday Challenge #MMTPT149we not only sent cards to Lindsay but we sent card kits as well? I received an email and a couple of pictures (attached) from Lindsay! Once again, thank YOU all for ALL you do!! In Lindsay's own words:

To Cindy and the rest of the Splitcoast Stampers members:

Thank you so very much for all of the beautiful cards and card kits. They totally made my day and have allowed me to bless those around me. I am slowly recovering at home and have a lot of cards to send out. I have a PET scan on soon to determine if there is any active cancer left after treatment.

Mostly I wanted to thank you for all your thoughts and prayers that were sent with the cards. It truly means the world to me and my whole family. The pics that are attached are of me making a card for a friend of the family who's cancer came back and also a picture of my happy little family. Thanks again for everything.

Lindsay C Bryant
Attached Thumbnails
Teapot Tuesday Appreciation Station - OLD INFO-aug-2011.jpg   Teapot Tuesday Appreciation Station - OLD INFO-dscn3610.jpg   Teapot Tuesday Appreciation Station - OLD INFO-dscn3612.jpg  

Last edited by Mothermark; 09-17-2011 at 04:23 AM..
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-19-2011, 03:06 AM   #32  
Dirty Dozen Alumni
SCS Challenge Hostess

This is My Story.

Heart MMTPT161 ~ WARM FUZZIES FROM JULIE!

WARM FUZZIES FROM JULIE

We recently had a teaparty for Fellow Teapotter/SCSer Julie (Julesanne) as she had pretty extensive back surgery! She loves ladybugs! So guess what kinda cards we sent her? Ha! In Julie's own words, here is a thank you to you all!

Cindy,

Please share with the ladies how very much I am enjoying the cards that they have worked to hard on and poured so much love into. Every time I open one a whole bunch of love jumps out at me and you should see my house, it's so full of love. And THAT is the best feeling in the world. I will be commenting on each and everyone of the cards it may just take a little while as I am very weak and tire easily. But each beautiful card will get a comment as I am so very appreciative and believe all the love that is being poured into my house is an important step in the healing process. So thank them for me, and thank you, from the bottom of my heart, and I will be speaking with everyone shortly.

Love to you,

Julie
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-11-2011, 01:18 PM   #33  
Dirty Dozen Alumni
SCS Challenge Hostess

This is My Story.

Heart APPRECIATION STATION ~ Breanne

Appreciation Station ~ Warm Fuzzies from Breanne

Not too long ago we all sent our cards to Breanne who was brought to our attention by Tosh (Stamps4funinCA) Piano cards! Remember that gallery of cards? It rocked! Anyway, Tosh received an email from Breanne which included a thank you to the teapotters, a little note of thanks and I am sharing it here, in Breanne's own words:

I haven't had time to let you know that I enjoyed all the cards last week! They seriously could not have come at a better time. I have been stressing out over school and work and last week was the most stressed I have ever been in my life. I just wanted to let you know that! So thanks so much for all the cards. It means alot! =) And tell everyone else that made the cards thanks as well! =)
Thank you Tosh!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-20-2011, 11:55 AM   #34  
Mad Swapper

Default MMTPT154 More Appreciation

I had the opportunity to visit with Rita and Jo-Anne a couple of weeks ago. Rita was the recipient of some wonderful cards for MMTPT154. A bit of an update: Rita is terminal with lung cancer. She is in fairly good spirits and continues to choose alternative healing options. The drugs they proposed will not cure the cancer. The alternative options are keeping most of the symptoms at bay. The doctors don't know what to do when someone chooses alternative therapies so they are just waiting for her to die.

I have attached 2 photos of Rita with her wonderful cards. She had sent me a note that said: "I don't even like my birthday cards around for a week. However, the cards made by your group are still on our coffee table. I have no intentions of moving them. Every time I look at them I think about the love, well wishes, encouragement and kind thoughts from these wonderful people and it makes me smile. Thank you for this gift". This note was sent to me awhile ago but the cards are still on the table. The will move them for Christmas (they'll still be out and hanging on a string!) but they'll go back after Christmas!

I know I've said thank you before but I did want to pass on this message and the photos!

Hugs to everyone
Attached Thumbnails
Teapot Tuesday Appreciation Station - OLD INFO-rita-pic-cards-1-edit.jpg   Teapot Tuesday Appreciation Station - OLD INFO-rita-pic-cards2-edit.jpg  
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-21-2011, 04:20 AM   #35  
Dirty Dozen Alumni
SCS Challenge Hostess

This is My Story.

Oh my goodness Charlene! Heart warming to be sure! Its a sad thing...but that's a happy smile and I am so glad our cards are still making a different in your friends lives! Thank you so much for sharing. I will email a link so the teapotters won't miss this...

Hugs.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-21-2011, 05:55 AM   #36  
Stazon Splitcoast

These are darling pictures!! I love her happy smile!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-22-2011, 04:05 AM   #37  
Dirty Dozen Alumni
SCS Challenge Hostess

This is My Story.

Heart APPRECIATION STATION ~ from Eula!

WARM FUZZIES FROM EULA!

Eula Cousins has been our destination on her birthday for two years now? Why you ask? Because last year, she was 108 and this year she is 109! We are gonna keeping going every year just like her! Ha! This was a wonderful message that we got from her about the cards we sent her this year. We all included a letter sharing what our lives are like this year, she loved that!

In Eula's own words:

Dear Friends!

Thank you! Thank you! Thank you! You out did yourselves this year. AND I did not think that was possible. My friend Jackie must have told you how much I love learning about people and how they live their lives. You put the icing on my cake by taking the time to tell me about YOURSELVES!!! I received around 45 cards and such wonderful letters. At my age... The best thing that can happen is for people to share their story and lives with me. I am intrigued by the richness of the stories and love reading with interest how people spend their days and what they are interested in. SO..... Imagine my surprise when I received the most magnificent birthday cards AND all these lovely letters. So much to take in and SO interesting. I stayed in my chair reading from sun up to sunset.

I want to share one of my inspired moments with you. I was reading the letter from the "friend" who shared her life and a photo of her dog Lady. I love animals and I looked at Lady's photo. On our property we have a church and every year on October 4 we have the Blessing of the animals - St Francis of Assisi Day! I always try to attend.... we have all these amazing cats and dogs and of course I have taken my cat and now my bird. This year... I could not figure how I was going to get over to the church... nothing stops me.. however, when I am inspired. GUESS what I did??? I went to the lunch area and looked for a young man who has always been kind to me. I told him my mission and how much I needed to get my wheelchair over to the church on the other side of the property. He got up from his job and said.. don't worry! I will help you. He pushed me there and other men helped to get my wheel chair up the steps. I took that lovely photo of Lady in to be blessed along with my bird. It was such a blessing for me to include Lady this year. I feel like I really did something special because I could "feel" how much she means to her family.

God Bless you all! I am enjoying each day of my life. My birthday was made so special again by all of your beautiful cards. All my friends are jealous...... and I just tell them that I KNOW PEOPLE!!!! Thank you and if you can find a way to get to Philadelphia.. come and see me. I would LOVE that!

Love to All!
Eula Cousins

Last edited by Mothermark; 11-22-2011 at 04:26 AM..
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-22-2011, 04:25 AM   #38  
Dirty Dozen Alumni
SCS Challenge Hostess

This is My Story.

Heart APPRECIATION STATION ~ FROM ELSIE!

WARM FUZZIES FROM ELSIE!

Remember when we all sent our cards to Elsie for her birthday? Elsie was the one who lost her son, the helicopter pilot, in Afghanistan. Sharon (smadson) sends her thanks and also wanted to share a little message that she got from Elsie.

In Elsie's own words:

"On my way to church, but just counted the Tea and Cupcake birthday cards......44 is the number. Wow what a deal, some from other countries...Amazing, thank you so much, and thanks to all of them, they made my day a great one."

Love, Elsie
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-10-2011, 02:42 PM   #39  
Mad Swapper

Default Thank you from Neil - MMTPT173

Dear Teapotters:
My mom and dad went to visit Neil last night � their first visit since his accident (they don�t actually know him very well). Some of the cards had been forwarded to him already but my mom had quite a handful last night.

In my mom�s words: Neil�s cousin-in-law, Faye went with them and opened all the cards. Neil read every word, with a tiny bit of help. He was thrilled with each one. They are incredibly beautiful. Somebody had glued a metal eagle onto one, which he especially liked - he has a thing for eagles. There were at least 2 people that especially put incredible notes in the card - and the only one I can now recall was Sue.

I asked him what he would like me to pass on to you, because he mentioned about writing and thanking people. He just said that the cards have been such an incredible inspiration, and that he couldn`t believe they would take so much care and time to send such beautiful work to someone they didn`t know. All their kind words meant everything to him. His attitude is so positive, and when people put just a scripture text in the card, and didn`t write it out, he had us look it up. He has an incredible sense of humor, and we really laughed a lot. He could teach us a lot.

From Charlene (crystaldolphins): (Neil and his cousin LOVED the teapot too as I had printed a colour picture of it when I sent him my card. In my card, I included who we are, Cindy�s story and the teapot picture.)

Thank you never seems to be enough, yet at the same time I know it�s more than enough because this is what we do and who we are! I was so blown away by the creativity and work that went into the motorcycle cards and reading Neil�s comments above, he appreciates it beyond words. Thank you for doing this for him. Faye intends to attach them to a board somehow as he will be in the rehab hospital for a number of months yet. The cards are a gift to everyone who reads them and as I�m sure many of you know, are a conversation piece when visiting someone in the hospital (how many times can you ask a patient how they are?!) I don�t know Neil very well at all, but he inspires me beyond words. I�m thrilled that my parents were there to see him open a bunch of the cards. And Sabrina, my dad especially loved the picture you sent (he was born in Belfast, N.I. and moved to Canada 50+ years ago). Everyone loved the cards and were blown away by all the work and care and messages that were written.

Merry Christmas to everyone � may you have a safe and happy holiday and I wish wonderful things for each and every one of you, for 2012! See you at the Teaparties!

Hugs,
Charlene (crystaldolphins)
Attached Thumbnails
Teapot Tuesday Appreciation Station - OLD INFO-121_1191-neil.jpg  
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-06-2012, 10:21 PM   #40  
Dirty Dozen Alumni
SCS Challenge Hostess

This is My Story.

Heart MMTPT179 ~ APPRECIATION STATION

WARM FUZZIES FROM SONJA (SONI B)

Here is a special message from Sonja, the recipient of our cards this week. Some warm fuzzies for all of you who have sent cards...

In her own words:

I am the recipient of a flowing supply of cards, I have a dear friend KELLY H that used me as her thought to create a challenge card from Teapot Tuesdays... in doing so it has spread to others, some who I know and have met, some I chat with daily and have never met and some that I have no idea who they are...I and my family had a rough 2011, my husband became ill, and passed away early in April, so that brought forth many changes along with a huge loss and void in our lives...It brought on a move and my lack to create...hen in Aug, my daddy joined my husband in HEAVEN... 2 of the most respected men in my life, and they are both gone ...

Tho our year got better with the birth of my 5 th grandchild, beautiful baby Faith, it still was a rough time each time a
first" rolled around, and we are still experiencing that ~ But together is our way...we can and will get through this and more as long as we do it together... this extends to both of my brothers and I as well

I started receiving cards today, and I just want to let all of these more than kind ladies, how it has touched my heart... to reach out is so special, but when it is to some one that you do not even know, is amazing... I thank each and every one of these extra kind ladies...

May blessings return to all of you

Thank you Teapotters! For all you do!
Reply With Quote Likes