Splitcoaststampers

Splitcoaststampers (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/)
-   2014 Hope You Can Cling To Archive (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/2014-hope-you-can-cling-archive-429/)
-   -   Meet Your Challenge Hosts - va.sunshine (Teresa) (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/2014-hope-you-can-cling-archive-429/meet-your-challenge-hosts-va-sunshine-teresa-593430/)

va.sunshine 10-08-2014 01:15 PM

4 Attachment(s)
HI friends! I am Teresa Kline aka va.sunshine(Virginia Sunshine...there is nothing like it...*grin*) and aka paperiebloooms(paperie..a French way of writing and saying paper and the blooms is what happens when you bring it all together in a beautiful creation)

I am born and raised in Virginia, lived in the same area all my life. I luv Virginia, but I also luv to travel; but coming home is the best part! I have worked at a leading chocolate factory for 25 1/2 years...all my life...lol. And, yes I still eat chocolate. I am married, no children, one four legged baby; a Boxer named Lexi. I have always been creative and have dabbled in something creative all my life; once I discovered card making there was no looking back.

I have no close connection to Breast Cancer, lots of other cancers though. The best part of creating cards is giving them away or sending them to encourage others. I enjoy spreading a little "sunshine" in the life of others by sending a card. Card drives such as HYCCT are near and dear to my heart. I am the hostess for Cards For A Cause and I would luv for you to join us each month, it has brought me great joy!

Random Stuff:
* I had a stationary collection as a pre teen/teenager
* I am super cold natured and do not like air conditioning
* My favorite season is fall
* I like writing only with blue ink
* Decorating for fall and Independence Day are my favorite times of year to decorate!
* My step still slows in the back to school isle.
* I am scared of heights, but I luv, luv, luv to fly!
* I never ridden a roller coaster
* I am a Dallas Cowboy fan
* We are 90% finished with a brand new IKEA kitchen/open living space...it has taken three months! We are doing the work ourself with the help of some great friends from our church...what a blessing it has been!
* Except for our honeymoon we have taken all our vacations on our Harley Davidson motorcycle....what fun!

Our wedding picture...my all time favorite photo of us...so far!
A selfie of us on our trip to Maine this past June..no my husband is not taller than me, I am a tall 5'7" and he is not much taller than me...it is the way we are standing on Cadillac Mountain.
My Boxer Lexi
Photos of my beautiful Mom and one with my niece Hannah

stampin'nana 10-26-2014 12:33 AM

Hi Teresa! Yay for Virginia! I lived in Va Beach for 23 years and now the beautiful Shenandoah valley for 13. I loved your photos; what a great looking couple you two make! And how much fun must that be to travel on vacation via HD! Thanks for hosting HYCCT and I enjoyed meeting you~

va.sunshine 10-26-2014 03:20 AM

hi Roberta! We are neighbors, oh my..I am in Fishersville/Staunton area. We must meet IRL.

mrslaird 10-26-2014 04:21 AM

Love your pictures, Teresa! I am loving learning more about everyone!

stampinCPA 10-26-2014 05:30 AM

Hi Teresa! What great pictures. Does Lexi travel with you? My DS#2 is currently a student in Blacksburg. The area is beautiful!

va.sunshine 10-26-2014 08:57 AM

no, Lexi does not go with us; she is a whopping 65LBS and we do not have a sidecar...lol. We would luv to take her with us and that is the ONLY thing we do not like about traveling on the bike..we do miss her, but she is in good hands!

Quote:

Originally Posted by stampinCPA (Post 20792026)
Hi Teresa! What great pictures. Does Lexi travel with you? My DS#2 is currently a student in Blacksburg. The area is beautiful!

berlycece 10-26-2014 10:35 AM

Hi Teresa!

I have enjoyed your gallery for a long time here on SCS! It's fun to get to know you a bit more!

jentimko 10-26-2014 12:13 PM

So nice to learn more about you! I think it is a requirement to love fall if you live in VA. I love fall too! Thanks for a great challenge!

Cook22 10-26-2014 01:28 PM

LOL at the idea of a sidecar for the dog. I do sometimes see people with small dogs in baskets on their bicycles, but I've only ever once seen a biker dog. Lovely to get to learn a bit about you. Enjoy that new kitchen!!

PH in VA 10-26-2014 03:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by va.sunshine (Post 20791946)
hi Roberta! We are neighbors, oh my..I am in Fishersville/Staunton area. We must meet IRL.

Not trying to be a buttinski, but I think the three of us ought to make plans to get together for gelato. :D

JBgreendawn 10-26-2014 06:37 PM

I am so glad that Lydia started these threads this year, I totally love seeing all the photos :) I love how happy you guys look in your wedding shot and that is so fun that you are seeing the world from the back of your Harley :)

cullenwr 10-27-2014 07:43 AM

Loved seeing these photos, Teresa! I even learned some new things about you even though we've been long time friends! Hey all you local stamping gals...don't leave me out if you have a get together! I live about 10 miles from Teresa and would LOVE meeting the rest of you! Let's do this! P.S. Teresa, you'd never be able to work where I do...only black ink is used. :-) Just keep on making that chocolate and I'll be happy!

va.sunshine 10-27-2014 01:34 PM

ladies, we should get together for lunch! I will contact you to get emails, so we can make a date!

stampingwriter 10-28-2014 04:00 AM

Waving at all my fellow native Virginians. I grew up in NoVA and graduated from JMU. Moved farther south for work ages ago, but the in-laws still live in Harrisonburg, so I'm there at least once a year.