Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 10-09-2014, 01:57 PM   #1  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen Alumni
Proud Fan Club Member
Splitcoast Challenge Hostess
Teapot Tuesday TEAm

Default Meet Your Challenge Hosts - SusieAustralia (Susie)

Hello it's Susie from Australia here. I live in the beachside town of Mornington on the Mornington Peninsula, about an hour and a half drive from Melbourne, Victoria.

This is my first time hosting a HYCCT challenge. When I signed up I didn't know I would have to do "show and tell" LOL, so i don't really know what to say. The Sisters of the Travelling Teapot know that I have frequent crafting mishaps, I often amputate limbs, from stamped images, not me of course. I once removed the squirter from a bottle of Dylusions Ink Spray then promptly dropped it into my lap .... my downstairs lady bits glowed in the dark for weeks. I put a hole in a plaster wall trying to repair a Martha Stewart punch and set fire to my desk when using a man sized heatgun (capable of melting metal ....who knew).

My mishaps are not all contained to the craft room. When I was three I had surgery to remove a growth from my ears.... thankfully it was nothing serious, it was just peas sprouting. Apparently I would stick them in my ears to avoid eating them. To this day I still hate green peas!! When I was three and a half I was run over (by a dog running across the road LOL) and fractured my skull when I hit the kerb. After spending six months in a coma I was sent home to die.....apparently that is what they did 56 years ago. The story goes that two hours after being taken home, I asked the birds to be quiet because my head hurt!! Good thing they didn't rent out my room hey.

Like many of you, I have done every craft known to woman and I have more tools and 'stuff' than I know how to use. I have been card making for about 10 years and I love everything about this wonderful hobby. I love how we make things with our hands and then use technology to share our creations, thoughts and skills. I never fail to learn something new here at SCS or be reminded of something long forgotten. Sometimes I have to remind myself that we have never physically met.

I am married to the most wonderful man who supports everything I do and 'gets' what SCS means to me. I always chuckle when he asks what the daily challenge is. I could go on and on about Geoff, but we all have some serious crafting to do so I shall wrap this up. Thank you for taking the time to read this, most of all thank you for including me in this beautiful family that we call Splitcoaststampers.

Please don't take your organs to heaven - heaven knows we need them here.
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Old 10-29-2014, 03:14 AM   #2  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Susie, you are quite the character! Thank you for being so honest and real about yourself. The dog running over you must have been such a frightening time in your life. So glad you woke up from that coma to continue your journey in life! It's always a pleasure to see what you create; your artistic skills are simply Amazing!

�Ability is what you're capable of doing. Motivation determines what you do. Attitude determines how well you do it.�
― Lou Holtz
Old 10-29-2014, 04:13 AM   #3  
Crafting. Procrastinating. Caffeinating.

Oh my gosh! A coma for 6 months?! Wow! I'm dying laughing over the glowing lap! That is totally something I would do.

Laugh Hard. Run Fast. Be Kind
- Twelve
Old 10-29-2014, 07:16 AM   #4  
Proud Fan Club Member

Susie, Susie, Susie...................your stories ALWAYS make my day I remember the dog incident from another post somewhere, but this is the first I've heard of the sprouting peas!!!!!! So glad you have a hard noggin because without you in the world, life would be so dull, boring and terribly sad. Hugs my "down under" friend!!!!!!
Mary ~~ QFTD #152, FS#514
CC Guest Design Team Member for October 2012 & August 2013 & August 2017 2014 CAS Spring Design Team Member SC Guest Design Team 2015 SU Consultant "Life's greatest adventure is finding your place in the Circle of Life" - Lion King
Old 10-29-2014, 07:55 AM   #5  
Glitter Guru

I was laughing so hard I was crying!
Seriously thankful you've made it through all your mishaps...you are a vital part of the site and I am glad to get to know you a little better.
Sponsored Links
Old 10-29-2014, 10:31 AM   #6  
Proud Fan Club Member

I have mishaps too, but you tell the stories much better! LOL
Old 10-29-2014, 10:59 AM   #7  
Favorites Team Notifier

I never heard the coma one! OMGoodness!! Susie, you make everything seem funny and I love that about you!!! We should laugh at the world more often (although, I've been told that I laugh way too much since I think most things ARE funny!) Hence, the laughing in my sleep!! I keep forgetting that we haven't actually met either! Sure seems like it...well, excluding the day we were born and separated right? Heehee!
Prov. 18:21 Speak life!
QFTD201; F4A Hostess
Dirty Dozen Alumni
Heartfelt Creations DT;
DRS DT
Old 10-29-2014, 01:32 PM   #8  
Proud Fan Club Member
Teapot Tuesday TEAm

What a lovely way to start my day reading all of your lovely and funny comments. I am off to look in the gallery now. Thank you all for making my first ever HYCCT challenge a reality.

Please don't take your organs to heaven - heaven knows we need them here.