Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 10-06-2014, 07:14 PM   #1  
Forum Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hi Everyone and thanks for being part of HYCCT 2014! My name is Debbi and I'm a New England girl, in case you couldn't tell from my location. I really dislike having my picture taken or posted so usually I have a Red Sox or Patriots logo as my avatar. But I thought people would want to "see" me so I changed it. My DH is a professional photographer and I don't even let him take my picture!

This is my first year hosting a Hope You Can Cling to Challenge, and I'm very honored to be here. While breast cancer has not touched my family, we have been impacted by many other kinds of cancer.

I have been married to my best friend for 26 years. We have two fabulous boys who are both in college. Seriously, how can I be old enough for them to be in college?
les11.gif

I have 2 cats and would have a houseful if DH would let me. But he says 2 is enough. I ♥ black cats.
The picture below is my two babies - Marzipan (on the left) and Ganache (on the right).

I have been stamping for about 10 years. I used to make my own cards on the computer and had an American Greeting CD set with several thousand images on it. I thought I was all set. Then I went to a Stampin' Up workshop - and HATED it. Yup, hated it. A couple of years later I went to another at the request of a friend who had a friend who had become a Stampin' Up demonstrator and was doing a workshop. Well, it was a Sunday afternoon and the Patriots were playing. I agreed to go only if I could see the game from the dining room. After a while, I was paying more attention to the workshop and not the game! And I've been stamping ever since.

Random Facts:
  • I am an accountant by trade, but am currently an accounting software consultant
  • I love cats
  • Most of my friends live in my computer and I've never actually met them
  • I am an introvert.
  • I am vertically challenged. I once lied on my driver's license and said I was 5' tall. I felt so guilty for 5 years that I had to change it when the next renewal came up.
  • I love the Red Sox and the Patriots, but am not a fan of the Celtics or Bruins. I just don't like basketball or hockey.
  • I can say supercalifragilisticexpialidocious in ubby-dubby language (for you young'uns - that was from a tv show in the 70s called Zoom).

Thanks again for being part of HYCCT 2014.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 2011-12-04.jpg (47.6 KB, 7 views)
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-23-2014, 05:28 AM   #2  
Hardware Hotshot

Waving hi from Florida! Thanks for being a hostess!

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-23-2014, 07:03 AM   #3  
Proud Fan Club Member

Received 85 Likes on 53 Posts

Thanks for sharing Debbi! Love your kitty picture. I have a tuxedo kitty who runs the house!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-23-2014, 09:37 AM   #4  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Bionic ChatboxChick

Received 11 Likes on 6 Posts

are those your furbabies in that mug shot?
hee hee we have quite a bit in common, I really don't like being on the other side of the lens much so, I am trying to change that so my kid gets a gander.

I am totally loving everyone's photos being shared this month. It is nice to see ya!

My Blog
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-23-2014, 09:55 AM   #5  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen Alumni
SCS Gallery Moderator
Splitcoast Challenge Hostess
Teapot Tuesday TEAm

Received 22 Likes on 20 Posts

Lovely to learn a little more about you, Debbi. I laughed out loud at the vertically challenged bit. I'm the shortest (allegedly, my half-sister says she is taller!!) in a tall family. I like your cats' names.
My half-sister's son is a big Sox fan (they live in MA). He was devastated a few years ago when they had tickets for a big match and he accidentally swallowed a battery/cell from something a couple of days before. He wasn't going to tell his parents till he got so sick that he had to - and missed the match.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-23-2014, 11:20 AM   #6  
Forum Fanatic

Quote:

Originally Posted by muscratView Post
Thanks for sharing Debbi! Love your kitty picture. I have a tuxedo kitty who runs the house!
I ♥ black cats. The black one is a mama's boy and the gray tabby is a daddy's girl. They were littermates. And they totally rule the house.
Quote:

Originally Posted by JBgreendawnView Post
are those your furbabies in that mug shot?
hee hee we have quite a bit in common, I really don't like being on the other side of the lens much so, I am trying to change that so my kid gets a gander.

I am totally loving everyone's photos being shared this month. It is nice to see ya!
Yes, those are my furbabies. My DH laughs at me because I know when he's pointing a camera at me and I always turn away. My avatar pic was taken by Brenda Quintanna (Qbee) at a craft fair.
Quote:

Originally Posted by Cook22View Post
Lovely to learn a little more about you, Debbi. I laughed out loud at the vertically challenged bit. I'm the shortest (allegedly, my half-sister says she is taller!!) in a tall family. I like your cats' names.
My half-sister's son is a big Sox fan (they live in MA). He was devastated a few years ago when they had tickets for a big match and he accidentally swallowed a battery/cell from something a couple of days before. He wasn't going to tell his parents till he got so sick that he had to - and missed the match.
I've always wanted to open a petite petite store. Petite is 5' 4" and under. Well that's nice, but what about those of us well under 5' 4"? I hope your half-nephew had no lasting effects from swallowing the battery. Scary! I'm guessing he must have had tickets to a Red Sox / Yankees game or maybe Red Sox / Rays. Those are the "big" rivalries. Always a fun time at the ball park!

Last edited by stampinCPA; 10-23-2014 at 11:26 AM..
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-23-2014, 03:04 PM   #7  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Received 19 Likes on 9 Posts

Hi Debbi, nice to meet you! My DH and I were born and reared in Southbridge, MA. He joined the navy shortly after we married in 1974, and we've never lived there since, but our hearts are with all the Boston teams, especially the Patriots and Red Sox! Two or our three sons (all born in Virginia) are Huge Patriot and Red Sox fans, so it's really fun to text each other when games are being played. Love those kitties and can understand why you'd want more. We have 2 miniature poodles, Bella & Autumn.

�Ability is what you're capable of doing. Motivation determines what you do. Attitude determines how well you do it.�
― Lou Holtz
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-23-2014, 09:57 PM   #8  
SCS Gallery Moderator
Teapot Tuesday TEAm

Received 22 Likes on 20 Posts

Grins, my sister called me trim and petite recently when she was helping me choose a sweater pattern. It almost sounded as if she was envious but I don't think I'd have minded being 5 foot 9!! But we are what we are, no point getting fussed over things we can't change. My MIL would love a petite petite shop.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-24-2014, 10:11 AM   #9  

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Debbi, so good to read your bio - your kitties are gorgeous, and I love their names! What a funny story about keeping both eyes on the football at the Stampin Up party!
Reply With Quote Likes