Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 10-06-2014, 09:00 PM   #1  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen Alumni
Favorites Team Notifier
Splitcoast Challenge Hostess

I'm Stamperrobin and I've join you from Oakhurst California, about 15 miles from the Yosemite National Park south gate.
My creative adventures started with my mom! My mother did everything creative! She made the most gorgeous wedding cakes (I remember helping her make sugar bells from a mold and watching her skillfully create the most realistic frosting roses. She got into every craft imaginable and drug all her girls with her!! It didn't take long before I was just as involved as she was in each and every endeavor (not cake decorating I'm afraid!). As an adult I got into many more crafts and art. Fabric applique, making pictures of Yosemite etc., Counted Cross stitch, Tole painting (I did for many years) and photography. My mom went on to be a fantastic watercolorist and oil painter.
In 1996, my sister infected me with this stamping disease!! (That's been our joke for 18 years now). She also got me into scrapbooking (I have about 30 now), yes, I'm sick!

Randomness:
My family and I have competed in a multitude of sports (probably because of my extreme son), including snowboarding, wakeboarding, softball, soccer, archery, volleyball, running...well, whatever! PS, I don't do any of this now!
I had horses for years and loved reining, cutting, gymkhana, team penning, ummm, etc.
I ran track as a young person.
My DH and I love to hike, backpack, photograph flora and scenery. How could we not, where we live?
My bucket list includes Ireland and Australia
I Love Tea and coffee! I love going to the Tea House here in town.
I collect everything craft worthy.
My all time favorite movie is The Christmas Carol, any and ALL versions (and I probably have them all) and then any and all Jane Austen books and movies!
I have been raising my 16 year old, junior in high school, grandson for over 10 years now. Yes, I HAVE asked myself a few times "what was I thinking?"
I worked on a chain gang...We made car, tractor, truck tire chains..Hee!
I was a machinist for an aerospace company, we worked with tolerances as small as 50 millionths Hahaha! Couldn't do that now! I still have my instruments for measuring such things though!
I have a cowgirl boot collection...pretty much every color, I DO wear them, every Sunday! Yup, I go western style. I really don't have any other dress shoe. All the little girls LOVE my pink ones with rhinestones!
I have two sister cats, Cinder and Ella and a very, very sweet black lab, SoBe!! She loves everyone even the cats (NOT a good watch dog).

Reason:
Because I have a sister who has had a mastectomy and other friends and relatives who have had cancer or have already lost their battle, including one of my best friends.
Because it is SOMETHING that I can do.

Thank you for participate in Hope You Can Cling To, it's a great representation of the best place place on earth, splitcoaststampers.

Here are some pictures of me and my goofy DH..hahaha!! I was going to add more but it is hard to find them. We have hundreds or more! LOL! The horse one is a VERY old Polaroid of me and my horse, Domingo, doing the Keyhole. Yup, I grew up in the city...beach city.
My best friend and I have been married 32 years in Dec. He is my hero, my best friend, my soul-mate AND he is totally a NUT! Well, we both are, that's why we get along so great!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_2841.jpg (38.4 KB, 23 views)
File Type: jpg 1383768_757284437620517_12832795971_n.jpg (30.5 KB, 23 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_1126.jpg (67.1 KB, 25 views)
Prov. 18:21 Speak life!
QFTD201; F4A Hostess
Dirty Dozen Alumni
Heartfelt Creations DT;
DRS DT
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Old 10-24-2014, 04:30 AM   #2  
SCS Gallery Moderator
Teapot Tuesday TEAm

Well my, I learned lots of new things about you this morning, Robin! Thank you for such an interesting "meeting" across the miles. Yep, you've got to come to Ireland so that we can meet not across the miles...Mind you, the scenery in your third photo looks worth seeing!!
Old 10-24-2014, 04:54 AM   #3  

Oh Robin! What a fun bio! Do you have the Christmas Carol musical version with Albert Finney? It's my FAVE but I can't find it anywhere. I just love that movie! So cool to learn about all the things you have done!!! You have my AWE in raising your grandson. Robin, I am tired. I really HOPE I don't have to raise any grands. Your photos are fabulous! OH! I bet the girls just love those pink cow boy boots. You need to share a picture of them with us!

Cinder and Ella!!!!!!!!!!! Gah! Too cute. Where's their picture??? I thought you were pretty great but now I know it for sure!

Thanks for sharing!!
Old 10-24-2014, 05:19 AM   #4  
Crafting. Procrastinating. Caffeinating.

Awesome, Robin!

Laugh Hard. Run Fast. Be Kind
- Twelve
Old 10-24-2014, 06:33 AM   #5  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Bionic ChatboxChick

See, I learned all kinds of things that scenery behind you both is absolutely breath-taking! WOW The pink bllingy cowgirlboots has me grinning from ear to ear. I have not worn any in a long time but, my first "pet" was a retired circus pony and I quickly graduated to an horse because, "Fancy" was not really kid friendly for riding she had learned to pull a cart there. it's nice to meetcha!

My Blog
Sponsored Links
Old 10-24-2014, 07:41 AM   #6  
Favorites Team Notifier

Quote:

Originally Posted by ohmypaper!View Post
Oh Robin! What a fun bio! Do you have the Christmas Carol musical version with Albert Finney? It's my FAVE but I can't find it anywhere. I just love that movie! So cool to learn about all the things you have done!!! You have my AWE in raising your grandson. Robin, I am tired. I really HOPE I don't have to raise any grands. Your photos are fabulous! OH! I bet the girls just love those pink cow boy boots. You need to share a picture of them with us!

Cinder and Ella!!!!!!!!!!! Gah! Too cute. Where's their picture??? I thought you were pretty great but now I know it for sure!

Thanks for sharing!!
Why yes Angie, I DO have that one...one of my ALL time favorites. I'm actually a musical nut! I have two other musical (at least) versions of the Christmas Carol too, the Muppets Christmas Carol being one of them.
I would suggest you try Amazon.com It has pretty much EVERYTHING!!
QFTD201; F4A Hostess
Dirty Dozen Alumni
Heartfelt Creations DT;
DRS DT
Old 10-24-2014, 12:40 PM   #7  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Great bio Robin, looked at your Gymcarna photo and the one of you and your DH but I didn't open the one with the spider.

I don't like spiders (DH thinks I have a phobia) and no I'm not afraid of them I just think they are extremely ugly and need to leave this planet. I'll find something else to eat flies and mosquitoes......

Cheers
Marg

My Gallery - MyBlog

"To practice any art, no matter how well or badly, is a way to make your soul grow" - Kurt Vonnegut
Old 10-24-2014, 03:51 PM   #8  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Hi Robin. So nice to learn more about you. Sounds like you are quite the artistic type having tried your hand in so many crafty areas! I have wondered how old you are in your avatar. It threw me off when you were inducted in the Hall of Famous Dirty Girls, and your photo was a little newer! ; ) Love your photos and kitties names!

�Ability is what you're capable of doing. Motivation determines what you do. Attitude determines how well you do it.�
― Lou Holtz
Old 10-24-2014, 06:11 PM   #9  
Favorites Team Notifier

Yes, I'm 61 years old!! Hey, the only alternative to getting older is...well...I'm getting older. The avatar is about 5 or 6 years old and I was about 30 pounds lighter...LOL!! It is amazing how much younger I look when I am at a good weight!
QFTD201; F4A Hostess
Dirty Dozen Alumni
Heartfelt Creations DT;
DRS DT
Old 10-24-2014, 06:57 PM   #10  
Stazon Splitcoast

Loved reading your bio, Robin, and learning even more about you!! You have certainly lead an interesting life in both your working and creative life!! Yes, you are defintely going to have to make a trip to Australia, it would be such fun meeting IRL! US/Canada is on my bucketlist to one day visit. Loved 2 of your 3 photos, couldn't handle the spider one, definitely a phobia of mine LOL!! Totally admire the fact that you are raising your grandson, he is a very lucky young man!

QFTD143
FS420