Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 10-29-2014, 05:06 PM   #1  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen Alumni

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Hey Everyone! It's Kathy here (scs Kathleen Curry).

I'm so excited to be hosting a challenge for HYCCT this year. I've played along each and every year. In fact two years ago when Hurricane Sandy hit NJ, I was busy working on HYCCT cards. Despite losing power for a week and relocating temporarily to my in laws, I completed all the challenges! We were some of the lucky ones, though, only lost power and some roof shingles.

I currently live in NJ (but I'm not a Jersey Girl). I grew up in Delaware. I've been married for close to 13 years, met my husband at my best friend's wedding and we've been together ever since. We have four kids between 5 and 10. They keep us hopping with all their activities. Never a dull moment around here!

I love to cook and try new recipes. I'm sort of a cookbook hoarder. I've collected probably close to 1000 over the years. I love to browse the internet and pinterest for new recipes, too. I mainly cook vegan recipes. Trying to keep my diet mostly plant based since watching the documentary Forks Over Knives.

I've been crafty all of my life. Both of my grandmothers and my mom loved all sorts of crafts and keep me busy with fun projects when I was little. My dad is a graphic designer (which is a huge help when blogger is acting up).

My connection to breast cancer is through Chemo Angels. I've been angeling for about 8 years. The first buddy I angeled had breast cancer. She was amazing, a fun, strong and sweet person. She actually was a stamper and a member here on SCS, too. Small world! Sadly she passed away two years ago. I think of her often.

A few random facts:
-I'm a "retired" pediatric nurse
-I took a hot air balloon ride over Napa Valley (one of the reasons why I love hot air balloon stamps so much)
-I can rarely sit long enough to watch a movie
-Reality TV is my silly addiction

A few family photos: 1- Chuck and the kids, 2- Liam and I from our visit to Fenway Park over the summer, 3- first day of school (don't they all look thrilled, lol), 4- Finn and Lilah peach picking this fall, 5- Lilah jumping in puddles to try out her rain boots
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_2489.jpg (54.2 KB, 28 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_2494.jpg (40.3 KB, 26 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_2813.jpg (55.6 KB, 28 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_2576.jpg (104.7 KB, 26 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_3042.jpg (119.9 KB, 25 views)
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-31-2014, 03:22 PM   #2  
Proud Fan Club Member

Received 5,912 Likes on 2,181 Posts

My favorite is the picture of the kids on the first day of school!! Hilarious! They looked so excited....NOT! I remember those days, but they were many years ago!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-01-2014, 05:11 AM   #3  
Crafting. Procrastinating. Caffeinating.

Received 379 Likes on 324 Posts

Your pictures are so cute, Kathleen!! Loved reading about you! And wow! How do you store 1,000 cookbooks?!
"The way I see it, every life is a pile of good things and bad things. The good things don’t always soften the bad things, but vice versa the bad things don’t always spoil the good things, or make them unimportant. - The Eleventh Doctor
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-01-2014, 05:16 AM   #4  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I was a pediatric nurse before I had kids; don't you find it has been a great help to you as a mom? I also love to try new recipes but don't buy many cookbooks anymore and have whittled down my collection each time we've moved.
Love the pictures of your beautiful family and the chance to get to know you a bit!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-01-2014, 10:28 AM   #5  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 74 Likes on 61 Posts

Thanks for sharing these lovely pics. The third one makes me laugh **smile**
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-01-2014, 10:33 AM   #6  

Thanks for the nice words everyone! Paula, I have lots of shelves, lol! Gail, you would think it would help me as a mom. In some ways it does, but I also always go straight to worst case scenario when the kids are sick. I'm a bit hyper that way!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-01-2014, 05:02 PM   #7  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Received 458 Likes on 236 Posts

Hi Kathleen, nice to meet you! Have you ever heard of Hallelujah Acres and the Hallelujah Diet? They pretty much only use plant based foods. I love reading their newsletters each week; so interesting. You can google and click on. Anyhow, I loved your photos! How about that first day of school one? Ha ha ha!!!! A bunch of sad sacks, eh! I've been to Fenway Park 3 times now. I'm originally from Massachusetts, but had never been when I lived there. It was SO exciting to watch the Red Sox in person!

�Ability is what you're capable of doing. Motivation determines what you do. Attitude determines how well you do it.�
― Lou Holtz
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-02-2014, 12:58 PM   #8  

Thanks Roberta, I have never heard of Hallelujah Acres or diet, will google them. Always looking for new recipes!

I agree, seeing the Red Sox at Fenway was AMAZING!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-09-2014, 12:34 AM   #9  
SCS Gallery Moderator
Splitcoast Challenge Hostess
Teapot Tuesday TEAm

Received 1,055 Likes on 813 Posts

Great photos and lovely to get to know a little more about you. My favourite is the puddle-jumping .
I too can't imagine space for 1000+ cookbooks - I thought I had a lot, but my collection pales into insignificance beside yours. We eat a lot of vegetarian, but simply because I'd rather buy good meat less often than a lot of cheap meat - and there is so much tasty veggie food out there!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-22-2014, 06:32 PM   #10  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Kathleen, Thanks for being a hostess and it is nice to get a little bit of your personal life shared with us! Happy stamping!

CCC, MMTPT, QFTD156, Cards for a Cause

Rita/scootsv
Reply With Quote Likes