Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 09-17-2014, 07:19 AM   #1  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen Alumni
VSN Coordinator
Splitcoast Challenge Hostess
Creative Crew SU Design Team Alumni

Howdy!! My name is Lee....well that's my nickname that everyone knows me by anyway!

I'm married to my best friend and a true Prince Charming....we just celebrated our 25th anniversary in June!! We love roadtrips and this photo was taken on our anniversary trip to the Tetons!

I live in the Colorado mountains and LOVE snow....yes I love, love, love winter and snow!! And somehow Lydia still loves me despite that fact! LOL This is winter looking out our back door!

25nov13snowbackyard_zps78f770fa.jpg

Both of our children have grown and flown....our daughter graduated college last year with a Graphic Arts degree, but has yet to find a job in that field. Our son got married this past Spring and I am trying to be very patient in waiting for a grandbaby!

After over 23 years of kids, pets and chaos, homeschooling, etc....we now are empty-nesters and loving it!! Of course it helps that the kids don't live too far away! We have lots of wild animals around here so we don't get lonely for critters! In fact the windows in my stamp room are often my inspiration in my card-making! Watching hummingbirds at the feeders, beautiful sunrises, snow swirling down, Aspen leaves turning gold, and bears ambling by are just some of the wonderful sights I enjoy from my craft room!

naughtybear_zps3e926025.jpg

I started stamping about 8 years ago and was immediately hooked and now stay busy stamping and Moderating and being a coordinator here on SCS for VSN, the CAS DT, DD, the Flybaby forum, and anywhere else Lydia lets me pop in! I also keep busy with Gina K. I love being completely immersed in this awesome craft of stamping and have made wonderful friends, many who I've been blessed to meet IRL and have become family to me! My hubby and I also volunteer locally in our small town which has also led to some amazing experiences and wonderful friendships.

Random Facts:
  • As a matter of fact, yes I *am* too young to have grown children! I know you all were thinking that and I thank you for the agreement of every single one of you that I look far....and I mean FAR....too young to have adult children!
  • My favorite color is Pink...and I love Glitter. I know you all are just SHOCKED at that revelation!!!
  • I have some pretty serious health issues but I refuse to let them get to me, the most severe is the RA but thankfully medical advances have some great treatments and I hope to be stamping for a VERY long time!
  • I love to read and bake....seriously if I'm not stamping I most likely am doing at least one of those others...sometimes both!
  • My hubby, James, has successfully turned many stampers and/or their spouses into avid Geocachers.....Lydia included!!

Helping others has always been a big part of my life ever since I left home. I've enjoyed participating in many card drives, challenges, etc. I love the month of October here on SCS (and not just because we get to be PINK!! lol) because of the awesomeness that is HYCCT!! However this year is extra meaningful to me as one of my sisters-in-law was diagnosed with breast cancer this past Spring. She had a double mastectomy and is scheduled for her final chemo treatment soon. She is simply amazing!! The docs do believe the cancer is completely gone and her recovery is going well! She has SUCH a positive attitude!!! She honestly is my hero!! You'll see with my challenge that there is a very special prize in honor of her and her battle that she is winning!! I'm so happy to be here and hope you all enjoy participating in this event!!
Old 10-06-2014, 09:04 PM   #2  
SCS Community Manager Splitcoast Dirty Dozen Alumni

Send a message via Skype™ to UnderstandBlue

Amen, sister! I love that I am connected to my two favorite hobbies through you two, and I love how much you love the most misunderstood creatures on earth - BEARS!!!

My Gallery |My Blog | My Videos |
Love Splitcoast?
Help us love our volunteers by shopping at Amazon

Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Old 10-07-2014, 06:32 AM   #3  
Forum Fanatic

i am so glad when you post pictures of your bears.
Old 10-07-2014, 06:38 AM   #4  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Bionic ChatboxChick

That is so amazing you ever get anything done with your views of the world from your windows

My Blog
Old 10-07-2014, 07:46 AM   #5  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
CARD CASE'R
Splitcoast Gallery Moderator
VSN Coordinator

I am so glad that stamping brought us together. You are an amazing person & I'm lucky to have you for my friend!!!!
Sponsored Links
Old 10-07-2014, 02:17 PM   #6  
Proud Fan Club Member

Thanks for sharing! I'm a geocacher too, although I haven't gone out in nearly two years!
Old 10-07-2014, 08:43 PM   #7  
Stazon Splitcoast

I feel very luck to have gotten a chance to meet you and James in person! You are just as lovely in real life as you are on the internet!

Creativity takes courage.
--Henri Matisse
Old 10-09-2014, 02:50 AM   #8  
Splitcoast Challenge Hostess

Your spot on the planet is gorgeous and it makes me homesick for my home, Lee! Great reading more about you!!!
Old 10-09-2014, 02:54 AM   #9  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Great getting to know you better Lee! I just love where you live and the beautiful photos... and I love your spirit! My grands introduced me to geocaching and I find it to be a lot of fun too!!! Love your spirit on not letting RA or anything else keep you down! I know by experience that's not always easy... but so thankful for your meds that help and that great spirit within!!!

My BLOG

No card is complete without at least one cat hair
DT: Our Daily Bread designs
Happily a Fan Club Member
Romans 6:23
Old 10-09-2014, 01:01 PM   #10  

THANK YOU! for clarifying that you appear WAAAAY too young for adult kids. WOW! I was shocked then cracking up at your random fact mention. LOL!
Your view is stunning! STUNNING! Wow!

"We don't see things as they are, we see things as we are." - Nin
Prayers for Peace On Earth Within Our Time
Old 10-09-2014, 11:07 PM   #11  
Creative Crew SU Design Team Alumni

What a great story, Lee. Maybe we will learn your actual name some time! I do feel like I know you as your posts are very exuberant and so pink and glittery!! Thanks for all you do on this site, and to encourage full participation this month. All the best to your SIL for a happy and healthy future, cancer free.