Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 09-30-2014, 06:08 AM   #1  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Reaching for the Stars

Hello hello hello! My name is Lori and I am so excited to be back this year hosting another challenge for Hope You Can Cling To! This card drive is near and dear to my heart as I have an aunt who is a survivor along with family friends, all survivors! I have done a few of the "Race for the Cure" in Minneapolis and have been amazed by the sea of people that come out for the event. It is such a moving experience!

A little over a year ago my husband and I moved from the suburbs of Minneapolis to Fargo, ND and we are loving it! We have been so used to the fast pace city life so it has been a bit of an adjustment but we wouldn't have it any other way!

We've been married over 21 years and have an yours, mine and ours family! All the kids are grown and out on their own now and we have the most adorable granddaughter who was so excited to start kindergarten this year!

I discovered SCS by a google search about 8 1/2 years ago and have been hooked ever since! I love it here! I've learned so much and love to play in challenges when I can.

Random things about me:
* I'm a Mom of 3, yes 3 boys. And I lived to tell about it!
* I don't like cheese. At. All. Except on pizza and mac & cheese, and I love cheesecake
* I believe "The Big Bang Theory" is the funniest show ever created
* I'm a HUGE Bob Seger fan, I've seen him in concert every single time he's come to Minneapolis since 1983!
* I love to travel! Cruising is my favorite way to see the world!
* Hubs and I dated in high school, went our separate ways for a few years and have been practically inseparable ever since!
* I love NASCAR racing and classic cars (hubs is restoring his '72 Chevelle)
* Cross stitching is my second favorite hobby
* Despite the fact that most of my cards are white, IRL white and I don't get along

Thank you so much for joining us in this awesome event!!

Dirty Dozen Alumni
My
Blog
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Old 10-12-2014, 06:15 PM   #2  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Hi Lori! My DH and I have 3 sons also. I was a navy wife for over 26 1/2 years, and our first son was born while DH was on his first cruise.....and I survived 3 more cruises (not the kind you like to see the world on) having 2 more sons and home schooling them for 16 total years! Needless to say, I'm enjoying empty nesting~

�Ability is what you're capable of doing. Motivation determines what you do. Attitude determines how well you do it.�
― Lou Holtz
Old 10-12-2014, 06:39 PM   #3  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Bionic ChatboxChick

I laughed and laughed about the white part... every time I wear white it comes right off when I get home... and my cards are hardly ever white.

My Blog
Old 11-12-2014, 11:11 AM   #4  
Matboard Maniac

I had to laugh. My hubby does not like cheese either, unless it's on pizza, and he likes cheesecake once in awhile. The thought of Mac & cheese makes him want to gag so I only enjoy it when he's out of town. It was an adjustment for me, I come from a very cheesy family.
Old 11-22-2014, 06:47 PM   #5  
Mad Swapper

Lori, thanks for being a hostess for HYCCT and for sharing some parts of your personal life with us! It is so nice to realize all of you that volunteer are just like us! Busy but giving! thanks.

CCC, MMTPT, QFTD156, Cards for a Cause

Rita/scootsv
Sponsored Links