Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 10-08-2014, 09:55 PM   #1  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen Alumni

Default Hello from Tabbatha, Hostess of HYCCT1427

Hello everyone! I'm Tabbatha, a member of the fabulous Dirty Dozen. I've been making cards for about two years and since then have really enjoyed getting to the know the wonderful crafting community available!

I'm mostly a colorist and am on several image Design Teams, such as Tiddly Inks, Some Odd Girl and Little Miss Muffet Stamps, but I have to say I love the variation and inspiration that you find here on Splitcoaststampers!

I was born and raised in Pueblo, Colorado. I am quite familiar with Trinidad as well, due to my father and that side of the family being from the small town. Both sides of my family are huge campers, so we spent a lot of time up in the Sangre de Cristo Mountains hiking, camping and generally loving the mountains.

In 2008, however, I immigrated to Sweden to be with my wonderful Swedish Boyfriend. I've lived here for almost 7 years now and I LOVE it completely. I still miss my Colorado Mountains, but what it lacks in mountains Sweden makes up for in trees and lakes!

Some Random things about me:
- I have two Bachelor of Arts Degrees - Archaeology and Geography.
- I was in a Masters program here in Sweden for Geography, but fell into the "family business" of Financial Advising!
- I have two beautiful cats that I love completely, even if one of them bites me all the time. -.-
- I have 4 brothers and 1 sister, although I've only lived with 2 brothers and my sister.
- I am Grandchild #17 of 40-ish on my mom's side. She is #6 of #13 kids.
- As my mom likes to say, I came "out of the womb singing". Music has always been a big part of my life.

Breast Cancer runs in my Grandma and Grandpa's side. They both lost their mothers to it. I myself, lost my Grandpa to lung cancer. However the hardest time in my life was watching 3 of my friend's fathers die of colon cancer within the same year. Cancer, regardless of type, is a horrible thing. I'm just glad I was there to give some comfort where I could and I hope each person knows that they have left a little piece of themselves with me. I still have one of my friend's dad's stuffed bear. He was given it in Hospice and when I came to visit him we laughed at how cute the bear was and just how snuggly it was. Funny coming from a man in his 60's, but it gave him a piece of mind to know that his daughter had a friend to hold her up when he was gone.
Take time to do what makes your soul happy.
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Old 10-27-2014, 05:23 AM   #2  
Forum Fanatic

Hi Tabbatha! It's nice to meet you. What an interesting life you've led. Thanks for sharing a little with us.
Old 10-27-2014, 07:19 AM   #3  
Glitter Guru

Loved getting to know a bit more about you! I've always loved being part of the large extended family from my mom and dad's large nuclear families. It is more rare these days for sure.
Old 10-27-2014, 10:32 AM   #4  
Forum Fanatic

So are Aislinn and Shannara the furbabies? And which one bites? My Ganache likes to "taste" my hand, especially if I stop scratching and he's not done yet.
Old 10-27-2014, 11:02 AM   #5  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Bionic ChatboxChick

You have done such interesting things, do you find it difficult to communicate with people in Sweden ( like at the grocery store?) are you speaking the language there now?

My Blog
Sponsored Links
Old 10-27-2014, 11:20 AM   #6  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen Alumni

Debbi, actually their names are Maja and Millan. Aislinnshannara was a name I came up with for a game, after the Sword of Shannara books.

Stacy, I would say in the last 5 months I've grown to really be comfortable with speaking in Swedish. It isn't perfect, by any means, but I don't have the anxiety I used to have. It has, however, taken me 5+ years to get to that point. Haha
Take time to do what makes your soul happy.