Splitcoaststampers

Splitcoaststampers (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/)
-   2014 Hope You Can Cling To Archive (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/2014-hope-you-can-cling-archive-429/)
-   -   HYCCT1421 Get Inked Chat Thread (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/2014-hope-you-can-cling-archive-429/hycct1421-get-inked-chat-thread-593278/)

PH in VA 09-22-2014 12:30 PM

HYCCT1421 Get Inked Chat Thread

10 Attachment(s)
Challenge Title: Get Inked!
Hostess: PH in VA, a/k/a Patricia
Keyword: HYCCT1421
Date: Tuesday, October 21, 2014

Welcome to Day 21 of this year's Hope You Can Cling To challenges! We're glad to have you join us in this worthy cause.

When my mom was being prepared for her radiation treatments, her breast was tattooed with dots so that each day, the technicians would know where to aim the machines to zap the cancer cells. My sisters and I joked that of all the people in the family, we never thought our mom would be the first to get inked with a tattoo!

In honor of cancer patients receiving radiation, today's challenge is to drip or spray a liquid ink so that your cardstock gets inked with dots or spots. There are lots of different ways you can do this. Here are a few ideas:
1. Simply drip ink from a reinker bottle onto your cardstock. Experiment with holding the bottle closer or farther away from the cardstock to get different size drops. You can try moving or spinning the cardstock before it absorbs the ink to get more different looks.
2. Dip an artists' paintbrush into a pool of ink. Hold the brush over your cardstock, and tap the brush to allow the ink to splatter onto the cardstock.
3. Dip an old toothbrush into a pool of ink. Hold it over your cardstock and flick the bristles to splatter the ink on your cardstock.
4. Use a spray ink (such as Perfect Pearls, Dylusions, or Adirondack Color Wash), or make your own by mixing rubbing alcohol and several drops of reinker in a spray bottle.

Consider this a "play with liquids" challenge! :) You may use whatever type of liquid ink you prefer (stamp pad reinker, alcohol inks, sprays, etc.) and whatever color(s) of ink you'd like... but you'll get bonus points if you use pink. :) You may use your spotted and dotted cardstock for your card's main focal point or for something in the background. Have fun with this, and don't be afraid to get a little messy! (You may want to wear disposable gloves and/or cover your workspace with scrap paper or old newspapers. Ask me how I know. :lol:)

VIEW THE GALLERY FOR THIS CHALLENGE HERE
View the entire Hope You Can Cling To Gallery HERE
View the Hope You Can Cling To Master Challenge Thread HERE

UPLOADING INSTRUCTIONS:
1. All Hope You Can Cling To Challenge Entries must be uploaded to the Hope You Can Cling To Gallery, with the specific challenge keyword, no later than November 7, 2014 at 12:00 Noon Central Time to be eligible for our fabulous prizes! Post a link to your entry in this thread.
2. You may not combine Hope You Can Cling To challenges, but you are welcome to create multiple cards for each challenge.
3. Please remember to put in the correct keyword when uploading your image. Copying and pasting the challenge keyword is recommended to avoid typos.
4. Please package all challenge entries with an envelope, protected with a clear plastic bag and mail them to our partner at the UT MD Anderson Cancer Center to benefit patients being treated for breast cancer and their family. We would like for them to receive cards throughout the month of October, but we understand if you'd like to mail all your cards at once.
5. Since these cards will be used by visitors for patients, most should be blank inside, but feel free to send cards with messages of hope for the patients in addition to your challenge cards!

The Department of Volunteer Services – Unit 115
Attn: Maggi Suttles
UT MD Anderson Cancer Center
1515 Holcombe Boulevard
Houston, TX 77030

(Please note - because MD Anderson is part of the State of Texas, they ask that no religious sentiments be used on cards sent to the Cancer Center)

I'd like to extend a hug of thanks to my sample makers - Bridget, Dina, Fran, Holly, Jen, Paula, and Teresa. You girls make my heart smile!

Thank you so much for participating in this card drive! I'm looking forward to seeing how creatively your cardstock can get inked with dots and spots!

Cook22 10-20-2014 10:23 PM

Fun challenge, Patricia! I seem to be spatter- and splatter-challenged these years (though I'm sure I did it perfectly as a child!!), but I recently bought a spray diffuser and hope to be along later this week with a card for this challenge. I need to be able to blow steadily without coughing first :roll:.

PH in VA 10-21-2014 04:08 AM

Good morning, everyone! I'll be checking in here every now and then, so please feel welcome to ask any questions you might have. I'm looking forward to seeing how y'all brighten up the gallery with your artwork! :)

hobbydujour 10-21-2014 04:54 AM

Great idea for a challenge based on your Mom's "tattoo's", Patricia. Thanks.

WINTER CARDINAL

jeenny2010 10-21-2014 05:01 AM

hi, here is my card what a fun challenge .
HYCCT1421 Splots by jeenny2010 - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers

mamaxsix 10-21-2014 05:08 AM

I do love spatter!
Friendship 24-7

Clownmom 10-21-2014 05:47 AM

Fun challenge. Here's my card: Red Ornament.

peeps321 10-21-2014 05:50 AM

Thanks for the challenge Patricia! I made my own ink spray and used a toothbrush to apply the dots..my finger's still red...eeck!

Holiday Cheer

muzbysmom 10-21-2014 05:52 AM

Here's my inky card

Lynn's HYCCT1421 Get Inked Card by muzbysmom - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers

JBgreendawn 10-21-2014 06:11 AM

here is a link to mine, I keep going back to the tattoo part thinking if I can do something that actually shows up white ink but, in the mean time...
HYCCT1421 Get some splatters by JBgreendawn - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers

stampinCPA 10-21-2014 06:17 AM

What a fun challenge and fabulous samples! Hope to be able to play later tonight.

jentimko 10-21-2014 06:54 AM

What a great challenge, Patricia! Already some fabulous cards in the gallery! Lovely work everyone!

Crafty Julia 10-21-2014 07:31 AM

HYCCT1421 Rah-Rah

For today's Get Inked Challenge- I actually had those spots applied for my mammo ultrasound- and I thought it would be cool if they were pink! For my card, I used a sticker sentiment from Oriental Trading Co.- and paired it with PB's Uplifting Occasions stamp. Added a re-inker/spritzer background, and some pink washi tape. Here's Rah-Rah

gl1253 10-21-2014 07:38 AM

Here's my card for today.
HYCCT1421 Spray Ink Ornament by gl1253 - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers

ohmypaper! 10-21-2014 07:53 AM

Patricia, thanks for the fun challenge!

Fall Wreath

scrappigramma2 10-21-2014 08:12 AM

Patricia I had a blast with this challenge! I had to majorly clean out my spray bottle before I could play, but I inked my poinsettias. You might have to look close to the the spots... I kind of forgot that part and sprayed them heavy, but some petals are definitely spotty! :)

HERE is my card

scrappigramma2 10-21-2014 08:15 AM

Patricia I had a blast playing with my spray Glimmer Mist this am! Thanks for the fun challenge! I had a lot to do to just unclog the sprayer before I could start, but I sprayed my poinsettias. I hope you can see the splotches!

HERE is my card.

Stamperrobin 10-21-2014 08:27 AM

Here is my card
HYCCT Snowy Outside by Stamperrobin - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers
Thanks for looking!

nines 10-21-2014 10:19 AM

Hi Patricia. Here is my card for today's HYCCT challenge:
Get Inked by nines - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers

bensarmom 10-21-2014 10:20 AM

Great challenge! Here's my card.

simplybeautiful 10-21-2014 11:57 AM

Here is my card for your challenge ... Bearing Gifts

It's Ree 10-21-2014 12:08 PM

Thank you! This reminds me that I need to get a mammogram. I am past due. :( I planned on getting one this month. However, I had other female issues and had to have outpatient surgery last week. Thankfully, I'm doing fine....slow and exhausted, but fine.
Here is my card: HYCCT1421-Thank You by It's Ree - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers

hotwheels 10-21-2014 12:41 PM

here's my card, thanks, hotwheels
Get Inked! Thankful For You by hotwheels - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers

PH in VA 10-21-2014 01:52 PM

1 Attachment(s)
How's everybody doing? We're up to 35 cards for this challenge already! What a great start! :)

The attachment shows the kind of help I've been getting this afternoon...

tessaduck 10-21-2014 03:12 PM

Make that at least one more, Patricia...

HYCCT1421 hope by tessaduck - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers

FayeMakesCards 10-21-2014 03:59 PM

Here is the link to my card for this challenge, I used a toothbrush and reinkers.

HYCCT1421 Friends by kramomma - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers

chercher 10-21-2014 05:59 PM

Thanks for the challenge.

Here's mine.

HYCCT1421 fairie by chercher - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers

susie australia 10-21-2014 06:14 PM

Patricia thank you for such a fun challenge. here is mine.

HYCCT1421 Girls, Girls, Girls by susie australia - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers

Shoe Girl 10-21-2014 06:43 PM

This was fun, I loved trying to get the splatter on a trail to look like it was meant to be there...oh wait, it is meant to be there. :)

Here is my card:

HYCCT1421, Butterfly Trail by Shoe Girl - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers

BluDragon 10-21-2014 06:51 PM

Here is my card. It is hard to see the wink of stella on the hearts.

Stuck on u

octoberbabe 10-21-2014 09:30 PM

Here's my card:

HYCCT1421,CAS295 Dotted Mambo & Spotted Tango by octoberbabe - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers

stamp300 10-21-2014 09:47 PM

HYCCT1421 Hello by stamp300 - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers

Here's mine.

germanstampler 10-22-2014 09:58 AM

Thanks for this challenge. Here is my take: ENJOY

Dockside 10-22-2014 10:24 AM

Here is my card. I used masking fluid to leave the 'dots' white. My SIL's nephew works out of Thompson Manitoba and sees skies like this as a regular thing.
HYCCT1421 Night Splendour by Dockside - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers

scrapbooknut1 10-22-2014 06:05 PM

Rory gets inked by scrapbooknut1 - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers

Here is my card for the get inked challenge. I used lots of different ink dots in this challenge.

Cammystamps 10-23-2014 07:18 AM

Thanks for the challenge!

Here's my card:

Love & Happiness!

Thanks for looking!

stampingwriter 10-23-2014 07:46 AM

Fun challenge Patricia. Here's my card.

PH in VA 10-23-2014 08:37 AM

I'm so impressed with the variety of cards y'all have shared! I'm also happy to share that we've passed the 50 card mark for this challenge! Hooray!

http://www.cosgan.de/images/more/bigs/i070.gif

stinkincute 10-23-2014 10:33 AM

Here's another one! Fun challenge Patricia!

Inked Birthday

scrapaholic007 10-23-2014 01:57 PM

here's mine! Pink Maple