Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 10-26-2012, 12:32 AM   #1  
Pearl-ExPert

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Do you have the "Scrapbox Workbox"?

I have loved this thing since the first time I laid eyes on it. I've always dreamed of what it would be like to actually own one.

Well, I'm thinking of saving some $$$ and actually buying one (probably won't be until next summer, but hey)

1--Have you found any deals on them? Cheapest I've found is $1500 on Amazon. Just wondering if I could find it a bit cheaper elsewhere.

3--My biggest question, how did you go about "organizing" your stuff once it was assembled? Did you just put things all willy-nilly and then label each drawer? Or did you plan out ahead of time where everything was going to go? Once you filled it up, did you like the way you organized it or did you rearrange things?

I really, really, really want to get one of these and I think if I had everything all nice, organized and labeled, I could actually work better and get things done. :lol:

Splitcoast Member #5361 HEY LOOK WHAT I CAN DO!!!
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-27-2012, 08:06 AM   #2  
Crimping Master

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

I loved this unit but I have a whole room so I just spread out and have my things in different areas. I do have a unit behind me that I have all my stamps and embellishments and punches in. I just turn around and everything is there labeled. I find that organizing is part of the craft. I find that using the alphabet system works best for me, lol. Good luck with your saving and hopefully spending on this unit.

As for sales, contacting them directly would be your best. I don't think they put them on sale, from what I know these are in huge demand and because they are individually made they are worth the money.

Lorri
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-30-2012, 09:24 AM   #3  
Rubber Obsessor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I am eyeing one, too. Unfortunately, I will really have to wait until we make enough room to put the Scrapbox in. We live in a tiny 2-bedroom apartment, and there's hardly room for anything anymore!
I do agree with you -- if I got everything more organized, hopefully, I'll be able to craft more. That's what held me back from crafting these past few months.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-30-2012, 08:04 PM   #4  
Cardstock Collector

I have one and I love it. I have mainly embellishments in mine and have them arranged by color. It was a bear to put it together (did it by myself) and took a while to get organized but now makes scrapbooking and cardmaking much more enjoyable. Plus, when I'm done, I just close it up and no messy room. I also have a scraprack but am thinking of getting rid of that. I purged lots of stickers when I moved. I donated them to an elementary school and the teachers loved having them for rewards. Finally I have a Clip-It-Up that I use a great deal for small embellishments.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-05-2012, 07:15 PM   #5  
Hardware Hotshot

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have one and it's absolutely awesome! It holds tons of stuff - unbelievable! I decided what would go in it by figuring out what supplies were hardest for me to access. For instance, my ribbon was a nightmare! I had it in tons of boxes - not sorted by color or anything. It was awful. The first thing I did was sort my ribbon by color and put it in bins. My cardstock followed -- because I could never find the color I was looking for. I still have empty drawers -- room to grow LOL!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-27-2013, 12:17 PM   #6  
Embossing Fanatic

I have just started saving for one. I just got a small craft room/guest room and feel this will keep everything organized and I can close it up when we have company over.

I may still have larger table on wheels that I can use it with instead of the one it comes with.

Love to see everyone's workbox!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-28-2013, 06:19 PM   #7  
Swapper of the Month - January 2014

Quote:

Originally Posted by ieajudyView Post
I have one and I love it. I have mainly embellishments in mine and have them arranged by color. It was a bear to put it together (did it by myself) and took a while to get organized but now makes scrapbooking and cardmaking much more enjoyable. Plus, when I'm done, I just close it up and no messy room. I also have a scraprack but am thinking of getting rid of that. I purged lots of stickers when I moved. I donated them to an elementary school and the teachers loved having them for rewards. Finally I have a Clip-It-Up that I use a great deal for small embellishments.
I'd love to get one but I seriously doubt that I could put it together myself. KUDOS to you for getting this behemoth assembled on your own :shock:

Has anyone hired anyone to assemble one of these? If you don't mind sharing, how much did you have to pay to the assembler?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-29-2013, 05:22 AM   #8  
Matboard Maniac

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by QueenOfInklandView Post
I'd love to get one but I seriously doubt that I could put it together myself. KUDOS to you for getting this behemoth assembled on your own :shock:

Has anyone hired anyone to assemble one of these? If you don't mind sharing, how much did you have to pay to the assembler?
I didn't hire anyone, but my husband and I put it together. It seemed daunting at first, but after we had all the pieces set out, it went together smoothly. There were grumblings along the way.....but that was more with differences of opinions rather than with the assembly!!!;):oops:

Now if my best girlfriend and I tackled it, the grumblings would have been giggles!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-31-2013, 08:03 AM   #9  
Swapper of the Month - January 2014

I have a studio workspace, so I would be using the Scrapbox mainly for storage to consolidate a lot of my stuff that is taking up so much space in my home unnecessarily. The table in the Scrapbox, although not necessary, would be a nice feature that I could use for an additional work station, though (maybe for something I don't do all the time).

I don't mean to hijack the thread, but do any of you know of any other storage solution that has the incredible concise storage power of the Scrapbox but that would be more assembly-friendly for one person? I am certain that I could not assemble the Scrapbox on my own.

I think the Scrapbox is GENIOUS
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-02-2013, 08:02 PM   #10  
Cardstock Collector

I own one and absolutely loved it when it resided in my bedroom. I have since moved and it's in a tiny dining nook. I leave it partially opened because there is just no room to open and close it - for the space I'm in now it's not quite working but keeping it for the price I paid. With the economy these days I'm sure you can negotiate a price.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-07-2013, 02:31 PM   #11  
Insane Embellisher

There is one near Topeka for sale on Craigslist right now.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-07-2013, 05:25 PM   #12  
Cardstock Collector

I just recently purchased the Workbox! I love it! My husband and I put it together. Like someone else said we had a few difference of opinions while putting it together. I could not have done it by myself. We even put little shelves in the outer door on the right to hold my bottles of spray inks etc. I ordered it through Paper Wishes with a 15% coupon. So you might sign up for their emails. I am still filling it. I am putting things I use the most close at hand. My husband is so impressed with it he let me order the Mini box and Paper Tower to go with it! I am so blessed! If you get the chance to order it, go for it. You won't be sorry! It holds a lot!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-08-2013, 05:14 PM   #13  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

had it and loved it. had to sell it for boring move related reasons.

here is how i saved a bit on it. we have an amazon.com card that gives us lots of points. saved a bundle buying it that way -- I charged everything for about a year and saved up and then the rest was split between my mom and my husband as a christmas gift.

and while I didn't plan ahead I filled it in an organized way, waited and then labeled as I ended up moving stuff around at least twice!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-08-2013, 05:57 PM   #14  
Matboard Maniac

Default love my workbox

I have had it several years and it was one of my smartest purchases. I happened to find it on Craigslist for $800 and was within pick up distance close by. Hubby put it together for me, BFF loved it so much she had to have one so I became a dealer and saved her a ton of money. Still am a dealer and can order and have em shipped to you to save lots. Best part is you can organize it however suits you best. a win win all the way around and I love that u can just close the doors and hide the crafty treasures when company arrives. scrappin in iowa.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-25-2013, 07:46 AM   #15  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen Alumni

Are the sides on wheels to open and close? Do they work well on carpet? I recently downsized my space and am hating seeing my "stuff" out in our family room. I put everything away after each stamping session, but there are still a few things on my desk and I have a clip-it-up. Hate looking at it now! LOL I would love a scrapbox!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-27-2013, 03:58 AM   #16  
sbd
Rubber Obsessor

Received 7 Likes on 3 Posts

I have both the workbox and the large one. Both are wonderful and lovely furniture.
Reply With Quote Likes