Splitcoaststampers

Splitcoaststampers (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/)
-   2010 Hope You Can Cling To Archive (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/2010-hope-you-can-cling-archive-342/)
-   -   HYCCT18 - Vintage Style (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/2010-hope-you-can-cling-archive-342/hycct18-vintage-style-509345/)

Julie Campbell 10-06-2010 04:33 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Hostess: Julie Campbell aka Julie Campbell
Keyword: HYCCT18
Date: Friday, October 18, 2010

Today's challenge is to show us your vintage style! Use anything you've got: vintage-style stamps, images, gorgeous vintage laces and buttons...anything! And if you throw in some gorgeous vintage pink, all the better! Have fun!

VIEW THE GALLERY FOR THIS CHALLENGE HERE

View the Hope You Can Cling To Gallery HERE

View the Hope You Can Cling To Master Challenge Thread HERE

UPLOADING INSTRUCTIONS:
1. All Hope You Can Cling To Challenge Entries must be uploaded to the Hope You Can Cling To Gallery **not your regular member gallery**, with the specific challenge keyword, no later than November 7th, 2010 at 12:00 Noon Central Time to be eligible for our fabulous prizes! Post a link to your entry in this thread.
2. You may not combine challenges, but you are welcome to create multiple cards for each challenge.
3. Please remember to put in the correct keyword, HYCCT05, when uploading your image. Copying and pasting the challenge keyword is recommended to avoid typos.
4. Please package all challenge entries with an envelope, protected with a clear cellophane bag or clear envelope per entry and mail them to our partner at the UT MD Anderson Cancer Center to benefit patients being treated for breast cancer and their family.

The Department of Volunteer Services – Unit 115
Attn: Maggi Suttles
UT MD Anderson Cancer Center
1515 Holcombe Boulevard
Houston, TX 77030

(Please note - because MD Anderson is part of the State of Texas, they ask that no religious sentiments be used on cards sent to the Cancer Center)

Thank you for participating in this card drive!

Julie Campbell 10-18-2010 04:28 AM

Good morning, ladies! It's a beautiful morning here in California...still a bit early, though!

Can't wait to see what you come up with for the vintage challenge today!

LuvLee 10-18-2010 06:56 AM

Oh how beautiful!!! Hmmm...vintage is a bit out of my box....but I think I can! LOL

Julie Campbell 10-18-2010 06:57 AM

Of course you can, Lee! Can't wait to see what you come up with!

muzbysmom 10-18-2010 07:01 AM

This thread just opened for me so I'll post quick and can edit this post when I get my card made - this is a hard challenge for me - I have no vintage stamps! I may have some vintage Santa stickers - I'll have to look around!

UnderstandBlue 10-18-2010 07:41 AM

What an incredibly perfect image - with her fingers crossed! Fantastic Julie! I can't wait to play this one - I just got some Crafty Secrets goodies and I need to ink them up!

Julie Campbell 10-18-2010 07:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by muzbysmom (Post 17458062)
This thread just opened for me so I'll post quick and can edit this post when I get my card made - this is a hard challenge for me - I have no vintage stamps! I may have some vintage Santa stickers - I'll have to look around!

So glad it's working for you now!

You don't need vintage stamps to do this--just ANYTHING with a vintage feel will do the trick! Just look around at what you have and have some fun with it!

Julie Campbell 10-18-2010 07:42 AM

Thanks, Lydia! Can't wait to see what you do!

Cook22 10-18-2010 07:50 AM

Wowser, I've never yet been this quick off the mark with a HYCCT challenge :D.
Vintage Fashion
It's a manky grey gloomy afternoon over here - maybe that helps!

Julie Campbell 10-18-2010 08:01 AM

You ARE fast, Sabrina! Love that card--fabulously vintage, my friend!

LIM 10-18-2010 08:47 AM

Hi,
This is the first time that I enter in a challenge in this site and I'm not sure if I'm following correctly the instructions. I just finish my first vintage cards and you can see them in my gallery or follow the links below.
Thanks,
LIM :)

My First Vintage Cards... by LIM - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers

Julie Campbell 10-18-2010 08:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LIM (Post 17458638)
Hi,
This is the first time that I enter in a challenge in this site and I'm not sure if I'm following correctly the instructions. I just finish my first vintage cards and you can see them in my gallery or follow the links below.
Thanks,

Your cards are absolutely GORGEOUS!!!!! Can't believe you haven't done vintage before, girl! The only thing you need to do is to add the special gallery code to your card name or in the keyword area...so just go into edit for each of your cards and add HYCCT18 and it will put your cards in the correct gallery, okay?

So glad you played with us today!!!

LIM 10-18-2010 09:13 AM

Julie,

Thank you so much for your kind comments about my vintage cards. You are so sweet. :)
I already fixed the codes. Thanks!
Hugs,

Julie Campbell 10-18-2010 09:27 AM

Great job! They're in the gallery where they belong...looking all gorgeous!

LIM 10-18-2010 09:32 AM

Thanks! :)

muzbysmom 10-18-2010 10:26 AM

I did get a card made for this challenge! I took a copy of a vintage photo out of a baby instructional book that I found amongst my mother in law's things! Yeah! It can be found here:

HYCCT18 Vintage Mother by muzbysmom by muzbysmom - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers

Thanks for looking and I hope you like my first attempt at a vintage style card!

Julie Campbell 10-18-2010 11:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by muzbysmom (Post 17459075)
I did get a card made for this challenge! I took a copy of a vintage photo out of a baby instructional book that I found amongst my mother in law's things! Yeah! It can be found here:

HYCCT18 Vintage Mother by muzbysmom by muzbysmom - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers

Thanks for looking and I hope you like my first attempt at a vintage style card!

Another amazing "first time" vintage cardmaker! You ladies amazing me with your gorgeous vintage style!

Well done, my friend! Such a fabulous vintage image you found--love it!

DawnL 10-18-2010 11:50 AM

Wonderful challenge Julie! thanks!

Julie Campbell 10-18-2010 11:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DawnL (Post 17459432)
Wonderful challenge Julie! thanks!

You bet, Dawn! Can't wait to see your card!

mhdonahue 10-18-2010 12:37 PM

My card: HYCCT18 by mhdonahue - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers

terry serman 10-18-2010 12:40 PM

here's mine:
HYCCT18 Vintage Pink by terry serman - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers

stephanie932 10-18-2010 12:40 PM

I probably have a stupid question............but, I have NO vintage images, lace, buttons.......anything..............But........I do have PTI's set of vintage ornaments. May I make a card using those stamps or would that fall under the "no religious sentiments" rule? I know that the ornaments aren't sentiments......but, I don't want to cross a line or offend anyone.

Julie Campbell 10-18-2010 12:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stephanie932 (Post 17459641)
I probably have a stupid question............but, I have NO vintage images, lace, buttons.......anything..............But........I do have PTI's set of vintage ornaments. May I make a card using those stamps or would that fall under the "no religious sentiments" rule? I know that the ornaments aren't sentiments......but, I don't want to cross a line or offend anyone.

First of all...there's NEVER a stupid question! If there is, I've already asked them all...twice!

Please make your beautiful card! If it's not okay to send, then you'll have a beautiful Christmas card for someone...I'd love to see your vintage style today--we've had lots of new vintage girls come out to play!

Julie Campbell 10-18-2010 01:01 PM

Heather and Terry--your cards are so beautiful! I'm loving getting you ladies out of your comfort zone and into some vintage today--you all need to do it more often--you've really got the knack for it!

UnderstandBlue 10-18-2010 01:07 PM

Agree with everything Julie said and that would be a perfectly fine card to send! It's crazy that you asked that because I'm working on my card for Julie's challenge and it TOTALLY is ornaments!! HA!

Remember, vintage can be a technique too - like this one:

http:////www.splitcoaststampers.com/...r-t507237.html

If you use a pale ink on a vanilla cardstock it gives a gorgeous vintagey look.

Julie Campbell 10-18-2010 01:28 PM

Thanks, Lydia--good point on vintage techniques!

Julie Campbell 10-18-2010 02:25 PM

I'm off to my two daughters' field hockey games...back in a couple of hours to see all the gorgeous vintage stuff you've made while I've been gone!

LuvLee 10-18-2010 03:44 PM

Ok, I did it! And actually used no stamps.....I don't think it's total immersion Vintage....but not bad for a first attempt I hope!!! LOL

Vintage Blessings by LuvLee - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers

Clownmom 10-18-2010 03:56 PM

This one was a toughie for me -- my style is definitely NOT vintage. But, for what it's worth, here's my card --

Is This Vintage? I'm not sure, but it IS pink.

pattyb 10-18-2010 06:15 PM

Vintage Stencils? Playing around with my stencils and a different look for me!

Julie Campbell 10-18-2010 06:17 PM

Beautiful job, Patty--loved your vintage style!

texan947 10-18-2010 08:58 PM

Here is one for this challenge: Vintage Blooms

Julie Campbell 10-18-2010 09:02 PM

Hi, Libby! Loved your card--beautifully done! So glad you took the time to play with us tonight!

stamp300 10-18-2010 09:24 PM

I must say this is my 1st time making a vintage card, but I did it. Here it is:
HYCCT18 True Heart by stamp300 - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers

Julie Campbell 10-18-2010 09:32 PM

Beautiful job, Connie! So glad you non-vintage girls are playing today--it's fun to do something different, isn't it?! You all have made such beautiful cards!

stamp300 10-18-2010 10:11 PM

Thanks Julie for getting me out of the box. I told my husband, I may have to try this again.

Julie Campbell 10-18-2010 10:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stamp300 (Post 17461752)
Thanks Julie for getting me out of the box. I told my husband, I may have to try this again.

Oh, good! So glad to hear that, Connie! Can't wait to see what you come up with for your next vintage beauty!

angelsparkly 10-19-2010 06:34 AM

When I hear vintage I immediately go to fabrics as I have a bit from my Grandma who lived in the time when you didn't just go to the store for clothing and other sewn goods. She was a quilter, made rag rugs, apparel, you name it. I chose a scrap of adorable fabric from her and a linen hanky for my vintage card: Vintage fabric HYCCT18 by angelsparkly - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers

Julie Campbell 10-19-2010 06:58 AM

Beautiful card, Margaret! So glad you could play along today!

DawnL 10-19-2010 07:24 AM

here's my vintage