Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 03-30-2013, 07:18 AM   #1  
Splitcoast Challenge Hostess

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default MMTPT #244 ~ April 2, 2013 ~ Manifred Manners vs. City of Muniferd

Welcome to Teapot Tuesday
the Sisterhood of the Traveling Teaparty
and challenge #244

Manifred Manners vs. City of Muniferd

Note: Anyone is welcome to play! You automatically become a Teapotter the first time you play in our challenge. Also, you do not have to write a story. You just have to be inspired by the teapot or by the story about this week's location! Have fun! If this is your first Teapot Tuesday Challenge, please mention that in your commentary so we can be sure to greet you properly, in pure Teapot Tuesday fashion! Your participation in Destination Station is 100% voluntary and not at all required. Just have fun!

The rest of the story:

1: Oh, it's so good to hear the birds chirping in the morning and start seeing shoots of green poking up through the brown dead grass. It's like the earth is coming to life again after a long, long nap. All of this gets thoughts of gardens and vegetables and flowers running through Manifred's (Just call me Manny please) head. For Manny is an avid gardener and has been known to be out digging in the dirt during light spring rains and even after dark thanks to the lights his loving wife had installed in the yard. She knew she couldn't get him to come in before "just one more thing dear" was done and she did so love the vegies he grew. Together they always had the best pantry exhibit at the fair; he grew the vegies and built the shelves and she cooked and canned the beautiful colorful vegies. And he has an even bigger plan this year.

2: Now that the little Manners are all grown and gone, Manny and the Mrs. just can't eat all the vegies he grows and he gives lots of them away to the neighbors. Last yr. instead of just putting a box on the curb with a free sign on it, Manny decided to plant a "U-pick" garden in the space between the sidewalk and the curb. He will maintain it and teach people how to grow their own food and allow them to use the produce from this spot in their meals to see how tasty it is. He dug up the area last yr. and put in lots of special nutrients and is ready to get started on his plan. Mrs Manners has even made some great signs to put up letting the neighborhood know what is going on. Manny is headed to the feed store to buy some easy to grow things like pumpkins, squash, cherry tomatoes, salad greens, onions and such for this new plot.

3: However, the Muniferd City Council has decided that Manny's planned garden violates some obscure city ordinance and they have ordered a cease and desist order. Hmmmph...Manny isn't about to be deterred by any uppity city slickers that don't know a tomato from a radish and he continues on with his plan. The neighbors are all interested in this new garden they see him planting and as they find out the plan, interest grows tenfold. They start bringing rocks to line the beds, sticks to mark the plants, mowed grass to use as mulch, and asking about 42,000 questions. Manny is in his glory acting as the garden professor to all these novices and is glorying in the retelling every evening to the Mrs. Everything is going along smoothly until just about the time to start harvesting the first salad greens. Then trouble in the form of a certain nosy Mrs. McDubbins drives by and writes a letter to the editor about the disgraceful state of the landscaping on "that block"

4: Well, fate would have it that the editor of the paper is an avid gardener also and a health nut also. So a editorial is written and a crew is sent to the Manner's house to take pictures of the said "Disgrace" to post in tomorrows addition. Just as they arrived at the house, they saw a group of self -proud women marching down the street carrying shovels and trashbags, with Mrs McDubbins in the lead of course. They are intent on ridding the neighborhood of this disgrace, and they claim they have the city council's backing on this. Well, Manny isn't about to go down quietly and he loudly calls for the photographers to get shots of this destruction and "make sure you post it on the front page too".

5: Rut-Roh....Mrs. Manners senses trouble brewing and when she looks out and sees Manny squaring off against the detestable Mrs. McDubbins she knows she was right. So she picks up the phone and calls on her friends, the teapotters to come help her moderate this war and maybe bring some fresh salads and vegies to show the busy-bodies what Manny is trying to offer the area residents. Surely if they see the lovely vegetables and taste the delish offerings they will have a change of heart.

Challenge translation:

Ok, y'all bring some groceries. bring the celery, the tomatoes, the eggplants, the corn, anything you can think of to show them what they are missing if they tear out this garden. But, don't you dare bring a trashbag with you, it's the back door for you for sure.

EPEC: (extra points for extra cookies):

bring scripture if you can.

Destination station:

If you want a destination for your cards this week, how about sending them to Donnie. Donnie was brought to our attention by fellow teapotter Jan Preciouskitty

to find out why as well as get the address to mail your card, please visit Post #343 in the Teapot Tuesday Destination Station thread. Please remember that just because you participate in a Teapot Tuesday challenge that is combined with a card drive request, it does not mean that you are REQUIRED to send your cards. It is totally 100% voluntary!

Here is my card

Here is a quick link to the Teapot Tuesday #244 Challenge Gallery.

Here is the wonderful card Jan made.

Be sure to you use KEYWORD MMTPT244 in your upload and post a comment here so we can all see your card!

Ever want to get a jump on next week's challenge card? SCS has given Sheri (KSNurse) permission to create an email Teapot Tuesday Cheater Group and email the challenge out on the Saturday before the Tuesday of the challenge so you girls can have the weekend to make your card. Send her a pm with your email address if you wanna be a Cheater!

If you are confused about these challenges, see the first sticky post of this thread for more information. There is also a directory of individual challenges. Feel free to grab this I survived Teapot Tuesday Badge for your blog!
MMTPT #244 ~ April 2, 2013 ~ Manifred Manners vs. City of Muniferd-badge_for_teapot_tuesday.jpg   MMTPT #244 ~ April 2, 2013 ~ Manifred Manners vs. City of Muniferd-harvest.jpg   MMTPT #244 ~ April 2, 2013 ~ Manifred Manners vs. City of Muniferd-il_570xn.416291951_dfkw.jpg  

Last edited by Ksnurse; 04-08-2013 at 06:05 PM..
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-01-2013, 11:40 PM   #2  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

MMTPT244 Love Grows by stamp300 - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers

Here's mine at 1:45 in the morning.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-02-2013, 12:11 AM   #3  
Stazon Splitcoast

Heart

Here is my light-hearted card for Donnie. I hope it will bring him a smile and a bit of happy!

MMTPT244 Garden Bounty for Donnie by gabalot - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers

TFL
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-02-2013, 12:49 AM   #4  
Stazon Splitcoast

Heart God's " PEAS " Be with you !

Here are some seeds to plant into our veggie garden.. .God's " PEAS "
We as people are raindrops of colorful ink , falling down Crisp and Clear, each a different shade more vibrant then the last, but once we realize at the bottom of an endless abyss we all fall into the same inkpot forming one color, only then can we come together as one My son.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-02-2013, 12:51 AM   #5  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen Alumni
Proud Fan Club Member
Splitcoast Challenge Hostess
Teapot Tuesday TEAm

How much fun was this challenge!!! Posting this to Donnie tomorrow.

Market Day for Donnie - MMTPT244 by susie australia - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers

Please don't take your organs to heaven - heaven knows we need them here.

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-02-2013, 04:06 AM   #6  
Watercolor Wizard

Here's my card for today's challenge. I used punch art to make pumpkins.

LL's MMTPT244 Those Who Labor by muzbysmom - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-02-2013, 04:33 AM   #7  
Stazon Splitcoast

First of all, congratulations and best wishes to Wichita State!
We have family here - son in law is a big basketball fan (more than we are!!!) and DGD plays on her hs varsity team - so we have been watching a lot - with little computer time and no time for stamping. I hope to get back here later in the week!

My blog: http://cardsbydorothy.blogspot.com/

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-02-2013, 04:57 AM   #8  
Stazon Splitcoast

Here's my card for Donnie
MMTPT244 Delightful Daisies by mother's daughter - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers

Have fun and be creative!

Jennifer
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-02-2013, 05:47 AM   #9  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Received 457 Likes on 346 Posts

Another card for Donnie:

To Every Season
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-02-2013, 06:39 AM   #10  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
You know I love RED

Received 742 Likes on 354 Posts

here's mine - Corny!

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-02-2013, 07:13 AM   #11  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Received 84 Likes on 78 Posts

Sorry I am late this morning! Had trouble with my computer, but it is all fixed now.... whew! I went a little crazy this time and made two cards .. now if this thing won't skip me out I just might be able to get them both in.

MMTPT422: For Donnie

MMTPT422: Showers of Blessings
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-02-2013, 10:51 AM   #12  
Pearl-ExPert

Received 57 Likes on 55 Posts

peace offering MMTPT244 by redi2stamp - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers Here's my card for Donnie.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-02-2013, 12:13 PM   #13  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Home school moms love Spring Break too! More time to stamp so I had a chance to play in the teapot challenge for the first time in a long time! You Are Inscribed
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-02-2013, 12:26 PM   #14  
Gabfest Goddess

A bit later than I intended due to me messing up my masking not once but twice! Back to rubber stamping school for me. Hopefully this brings a spot of happiness to Donnie. HERE is my vege patch.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-02-2013, 11:04 PM   #15  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Stamp'n In The Light

Received 276 Likes on 189 Posts

Just barely made it. Here's my card: br Seeds For You by raduse - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-03-2013, 12:17 PM   #16  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Here is my card for Donnie-

Seed Packets by jodylb - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers
QFTD 258
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-03-2013, 02:39 PM   #17  
Stazon Splitcoast

I will get my card in the mail tomorrow...
MMTPT244 - Spring Garden by etsdas - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers

My blog: http://cardsbydorothy.blogspot.com/

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-04-2013, 08:26 AM   #18  
Polyshrink Goddess

Hey ladies, I'm sorry I haven't been posting. I'm such a flake. I keep forgetting to take the pictures before I seal up the envelopes. I have been sending the cards for the challenges. I am working on Donnie's card now and I WILL remember to take the pic before mailing.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-04-2013, 01:33 PM   #19  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 595 Likes on 369 Posts

I've actually finished this card within the week of the challenge. I went directly to the dessert (scripture) and had a bit of a vegetarian meal afterwards.
)Peppers and Apples by yellowrose46 - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-04-2013, 08:09 PM   #20  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 180 Likes on 149 Posts

I've grown some beautiful corn which is ready to be picked, cooked and eaten. Here's my card .
My Blog- Trusting in the Lord for Everything Proverbs 3:5-6 Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding. In all your ways acknowledge Him and He will make your path straight. My Stampin' Up Website My Gallery, BRAK New Member Mentor. New Grandmother to Mia Lou. 1st Grandchild.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-09-2013, 06:03 PM   #21  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

Oh my, am I ever late! Here's mine for Donnie QFTD158 Congrats to Sharon by yo sam - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers

Proud Fan Club Member
Reply With Quote Likes