View Single Post
Old 03-20-2013, 10:17 PM   #19
NWstamper
Polyshrink Goddess

Quote:
Originally Posted by DigitalStamper63 View Post
By now I was hoping that customers or demos who purchased SU!'s new clear photopolymer stamps would weigh in on their use with the SU! ink pads.

I have all the color collections in stampin spots and the neutrals in full sized ink pads.

I am considering buying the new clear PP stamp set, but am wondering how they work with the stampin spots. Oh, and didn't SU! have an issue with it's Basic Black ink when the current catalog came out last June or July??? I thought the basic black smeared or showed purplish in color on whisper white and very vanilla cardstock. I've been waiting to hear back from demos about the reformulated basic black pads and I haven't heard anything, as I would also like to order a new basic black when I order these clear stamps.

So, anyone using the clear stamps with the stampin spots? Any update on the basic black ink pad?

Thanks!
Kelli
I haven't tried my spots (though it looks like mswhittaker23 did some great experiments for you ) but I did compare my "old style" ink pad which is the same material as the spots to the new "firm foam" pads. I like the firm foam pads a little better but they are so close that I have no problems at all using the old style/spot style if I want that color. Most of my color pads are the old style and I don't feel compelled to convert unless something happened to make me need a new pad.

If you are interested to see the comparison with video, I did a video on the new Photopolymer stamps and it includes a stamping comparison of the two style of pads here - Review of Photopolymer Stamps by Stampin' Up! - YouTube

As for the question about the black ink pads, there has been no word from SU corporate. Last we demos heard, they were making some improvements but still testing and working on things. I use my old style black (the same as what you get in the spots) and haven't had problems. I haven't really had much of a problem with my new black, but my mom has had one that was problematic on Whisper White. Hopefully they will have some announcements updating us soon!

Hope that helps!
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!