View Single Post
Old 03-11-2013, 05:42 PM   #4029
Splitcoast Challenge Hostess
pattyb's Avatar
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: In the thumb of Minglerville, MI
Posts: 25,838

Originally Posted by moebuck View Post
Hi. Sorry I didn't say bye before I left work. I got busy

Thanks or the heads up on archivers oupon

Patty... What do you mean by putting a child on house!?????
My Dad still lives in their home
How do you add a kids name??
Does he have a quit claim in order? For house to go to in the event of his passing? If not the whole thing needs to be probated, the other option is to sign the house right over to one of his kids now, but keep a lifelong lease on it.

Our situation is a little different because it's looking like he'll have to stay in 24/7 supervised residential. Medicare doesn't pay for that, you have to go onto medicaid, to do that you can't have any assets. He can keep his house and one vehicle, but if the house isn't deeded over to someone else it needs to go through probate. If a parent needs a residential home then medicaid goes back five years to see the status of things.

It's easier to explain in person, look me up at the mingle.

Love SU!? Join the Crew!

Last edited by pattyb; 03-11-2013 at 05:47 PM..
pattyb is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote