Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 03-08-2013, 10:38 AM   #1  
Gabfest Goddess

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Long plates for Cuttlebug

Hi,

Do any of you have the long plates for the Cuttlebug? A, B and C? I saw them at Michael's for $19.99 each, which is cashy for all 3. I know I can get them over time with coupons (unless they go on sale on their own), but I am trying to decide if I need them. I have started buying some "longer" dies from Papertrey, and I can't cut them in full. Since I am usually using them only on cards, I usually get enough to go across the front of a card. It would be nice to have the whole strip, though. I do have long places for my Sizzix Sidekick, but it won't fit all of them, or I haven't tried. Just wondering if the long CB plates are anything anyone has a strong opinion on before I spend the money....

Thanks!

Cindy
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-08-2013, 11:01 AM   #2  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by CynamomView Post
Hi,

Do any of you have the long plates for the Cuttlebug? A, B and C? I saw them at Michael's for $19.99 each, which is cashy for all 3. I know I can get them over time with coupons (unless they go on sale on their own), but I am trying to decide if I need them. I have started buying some "longer" dies from Papertrey, and I can't cut them in full. Since I am usually using them only on cards, I usually get enough to go across the front of a card. It would be nice to have the whole strip, though. I do have long places for my Sizzix Sidekick, but it won't fit all of them, or I haven't tried. Just wondering if the long CB plates are anything anyone has a strong opinion on before I spend the money....

Thanks!

Cindy
Cindy, I have a Cuttlebug with just the regular plates. I also have quite a few of the Papertrey longer dies, and also some from My Favorite Things.

I've found if you are careful and don't "jiggle" it too much, you can run your die and paper through the Cuttlebug, and then reposition the paper and die on the plates to cover the part that hung over the back of the plates. Then run it through again.

It's a little tedious to do, but I didn't want to invest in the longer plates for something I don't use all the time. It works pretty well for me.

"Be kind whenever possible. It is always possible." Dalai Lama
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-08-2013, 08:38 PM   #3  
Gabfest Goddess

Quote:

Originally Posted by buggainokView Post
Cindy, I have a Cuttlebug with just the regular plates. I also have quite a few of the Papertrey longer dies, and also some from My Favorite Things.

I've found if you are careful and don't "jiggle" it too much, you can run your die and paper through the Cuttlebug, and then reposition the paper and die on the plates to cover the part that hung over the back of the plates. Then run it through again.

It's a little tedious to do, but I didn't want to invest in the longer plates for something I don't use all the time. It works pretty well for me.
Hmm. Makes sense. I will try it with some scratch paper this weekend. It's just so much money when you need three! That's $60 without a discount, no way. I don't mind a little challenge!

Thanks for the post!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-09-2013, 03:23 AM   #4  
Pearl-ExPert

I got my long plates from joanns online when they were on sale and they offered no minimum free shipping. I paid about $30 for all three.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-09-2013, 04:10 AM   #5  
Die Cut Diva

Received 12 Likes on 7 Posts

I was also going to say that it can be done with standard plates & a bit of care. I have used the Tim Holtz strip dies in my bug, just using the standard plates, pictures here.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-09-2013, 07:12 PM   #6  
Gabfest Goddess

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stamper for funView Post
I got my long plates from joanns online when they were on sale and they offered no minimum free shipping. I paid about $30 for all three.
Yeah, I figure I can get them for that with a Michael's sale or using coupons the right way.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-09-2013, 08:13 PM   #7  
Stampin' Fool

I too wanted the longer plates for the longer dies. I ended up getting them through ProvoCraft and got a special deal with the newest Cuttlebug thrown in all for $60. It was a good deal, I thought, and I think I even got free shipping! If your not in a hurry, keep an eye out on their web site for the specials.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-10-2013, 10:08 AM   #8  
Gabfest Goddess

Quote:

Originally Posted by lovetostamp3View Post
I too wanted the longer plates for the longer dies. I ended up getting them through ProvoCraft and got a special deal with the newest Cuttlebug thrown in all for $60. It was a good deal, I thought, and I think I even got free shipping! If your not in a hurry, keep an eye out on their web site for the specials.
That's a really good idea. I will do that! I have had mine FOREVER, and knock on wood, I have NEVER EVER had even the slightest issue with it. I do know (because I do work it pretty hard! LOL) that it won't last forever, so a deal like that might be something worth it. Heck, the plates alone are $60 if you buy them regular price.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-10-2013, 02:25 PM   #9  
Polyshrink Goddess

Quote:

Originally Posted by shazsilverwolfView Post
I was also going to say that it can be done with standard plates & a bit of care. I have used the Tim Holtz strip dies in my bug, just using the standard plates, pictures here.

Silverwolf,

I went to your blog - and if you don't mind - I would like to use your quote at our next Solstice celebration. We celebrate both Summer and Winter and include readings. The quote incorporates exactly the meaning of Solstice for us.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-10-2013, 03:01 PM   #10  
Gabfest Goddess

Quote:

Originally Posted by sewnmachineView Post
Silverwolf,

I went to your blog - and if you don't mind - I would like to use your quote at our next Solstice celebration. We celebrate both Summer and Winter and include readings. The quote incorporates exactly the meaning of Solstice for us.
Of course!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-12-2013, 04:06 PM   #11  
Matboard Maniac

I got the 2 B plates this week at Michael's for $11.99. But could not use the coupn.:( But that was better than ordering them and paying shipping. I was shocked to see my Michael's has finally gotten new cuttlebug stuff.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-12-2013, 05:33 PM   #12  
Gabfest Goddess

Quote:

Originally Posted by kymomView Post
I got the 2 B plates this week at Michael's for $11.99. But could not use the coupn.:( But that was better than ordering them and paying shipping. I was shocked to see my Michael's has finally gotten new cuttlebug stuff.
Were they on an in-store sale? Or were they being marked down for clearance? That's a fair price.
Reply With Quote Likes