Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 02-17-2013, 10:07 AM   #41  
Compulsive Stamper

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Ah okay, thank you. I know Big Lots because when we are visiting across border in the states, I have been in one I have never seen a Tuesday morning before. Hmm I wonder if there are in New York? The closest border to us is Watertown, New York and when we visit my family, it is Buffalo..I will have to find their site and take a look. I love the name "Tuesday Morning" so random and different.

You are so lucky in Canada we don't have the selection y' all have. Not to mention, our prices for crafts are insane comparatively. I am always in shock when I see the price differences...even between the Michaels here and the ones in the States. I end up stocking up when I am able to get out there.

When we went our trips to Vegas and oh lord, lets just say I didn't gamble! (okay..well..maybe a little bit)lol! I ended up there twice when the "small" scrapbook expo's were on and it was awesome!! I was told it was a "small" one both times. BUT compared to the non existent one here, it is huge! LOL! I also loved Viva Las Vegas Stamps and a few other stores there. A girl can only dream to have these here. Well then again, maybe it may be a good thing! Umm, nope! Wish they were here!!

Thanks so much for the info on TM
Jas
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-17-2013, 12:19 PM   #42  
Watercolor Wizard

Received 498 Likes on 276 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by jasminehView Post
Ah okay, thank you. I know Big Lots because when we are visiting across border in the states, I have been in one I have never seen a Tuesday morning before. Hmm I wonder if there are in New York? The closest border to us is Watertown, New York and when we visit my family, it is Buffalo..I will have to find their site and take a look. I love the name "Tuesday Morning" so random and different.

You are so lucky in Canada we don't have the selection y' all have. Not to mention, our prices for crafts are insane comparatively. I am always in shock when I see the price differences...even between the Michaels here and the ones in the States. I end up stocking up when I am able to get out there.

When we went our trips to Vegas and oh lord, lets just say I didn't gamble! (okay..well..maybe a little bit)lol! I ended up there twice when the "small" scrapbook expo's were on and it was awesome!! I was told it was a "small" one both times. BUT compared to the non existent one here, it is huge! LOL! I also loved Viva Las Vegas Stamps and a few other stores there. A girl can only dream to have these here. Well then again, maybe it may be a good thing! Umm, nope! Wish they were here!!

Thanks so much for the info on TM
Jas
When we went to Vegas (trust me, not gamble??? I didn't even get to put a coin into a slot machine! With my overly frugal husband, we also did not go to a single show, or eat at a fine dining restaurant!!!), the hubby was thoroughly prepared {warned?} for my trip to VLVS. He took a book, sat in a chair out of the way, and let me spend plenty of time going through the unmounted rubber & sale table stamps. Almost came home with one of Stampo's cats- it tried to get into my bag at the register. I do love VLVS, especially the RUDE ones!
When we go to the UK to visit his family, I go into the craft stores there, and whew! talk about pricey!
I used to live in Detroit, and loved going across into Canada to shop, camp, eat, etc. My favorite campground in the world is Pinery Provincial Park- told DH he can scatter my ashes on the beach there after I'm gone. Loved to souvenir shop in the grocery store for "different" things than we had in the states. Love peameal bacon and butter tarts (YUM!).
I would dearly LOVE to get to one of the scrapbook events, nothing here in Wichita (official middle of nowhere). Maybe one day I'll get up to Kansas City for one there. I have friends I can mooch a place to sleep from, so I could spend all my money on craft crap!

Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-17-2013, 12:29 PM   #43  
Compulsive Stamper

LOVE IT!! You made me roar with laughter..almost ran away with Stampo's cat! Hahahaha! My hubby played it safe and I went on my own..The rubber table was awesome. Their stamps heaven. The airport guy was like, what the flip do you have in your suitcase..bricks?! Yeah not good..customs with Dies..not good! Between the airport peeps, hubby and all else...it was so WORTH IT!!!!!! Muhahahaha!!! Woot! Woot!!

I will have to go to Pinery park whenever we are in that neck of the woods. OMG, honestly, you have never heard of butter tarts? I thought people bathed in them.lol! Thanks for the giggles..I am a little school girl here!! lol!

Cheers,
Jas
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-17-2013, 12:43 PM   #44  
Watercolor Wizard

Quote:

Originally Posted by jasminehView Post
LOVE IT!! You made me roar with laughter..almost ran away with Stampo's cat! Hahahaha! My hubby played it safe and I went on my own..The rubber table was awesome. Their stamps heaven. The airport guy was like, what the flip do you have in your suitcase..bricks?! Yeah not good..customs with Dies..not good! Between the airport peeps, hubby and all else...it was so WORTH IT!!!!!! Muhahahaha!!! Woot! Woot!!

I will have to go to Pinery park whenever we are in that neck of the woods. OMG, honestly, you have never heard of butter tarts? I thought people bathed in them.lol! Thanks for the giggles..I am a little school girl here!! lol!

Cheers,
Jas
Never had a butter tart until my teens, when I was going over the border on my own, and had time to putter around without the parents. Folks in the US don't have a clue about butter tarts.
One of my favorite stories is the day a friend and I drove over to spend a day shopping and eating and the darned country was CLOSED! (There is nothing over here like a "civic holiday"- ours usually have NAMES!) Since the Canadians all seemed to be having garage sales, that's what we did. I still tell people about the antique Wedgewood dish I bought for a dime. (The exchange in those days was in our favor- it made it like 7 cents US!)
Another favorite of mine is Niagara Falls. We drove over through Canada, from Windsor to the Falls, and always stayed on the Canadian side.
Since I've always been an anglophile, Canada was entrancing to me, with it's British traditions. (And, look- I married a Brit! Fate!)

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-17-2013, 12:50 PM   #45  
Watercolor Wizard

You want to talk Customs? Last trip to the UK, I wasn't thinking clearly (post 9/11), and had a couple of monstrous jars of Branston Pickle, some ginger jam and orange marmalade in my carry on. Customs said the jams and pickle were not allowed (Just HOW is Branston Pickle a liquid or gel???) so I handed them to the in-laws. When the Customs agent picked up my glass jars of Bisto, I went a little nuts, got right up in his face and told him "Bisto does not have even a DROP of liquid in it- it's a POWDER!!!" which {luckily} amused him mightily. He handed me back my gravy mix and said I was absolutely right, Ma'am.

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-17-2013, 12:50 PM   #46  
Compulsive Stamper

You are simply adorable!!! Canadians and we hall having garage sales...just the picture, makes me giggle. Especially with the stacked snow here! We have to come out igloos some days eh? I love the story with the exchange rate no less!!!

Adorable, simply adorable Contrapat god, just love it.hahha
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-17-2013, 01:37 PM   #47  
Cardstock Collector

Beautiful card!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-20-2013, 03:39 AM   #48  
Pearl-ExPert

What a great idea! Thanks for sharing.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-24-2013, 06:30 PM   #49  
Compulsive Stamper

Great ideas. And I love Tuesday Morning! I usually do my crafting in the evenings and so out of necessity end up looking around the house for what I need. I was able to recycle and emboss a foiled bag and it worked out quite well. Here's a link to see it, if you're interested.

LoveLee Notes: Well Worn, Well Loved
Reply With Quote Likes