View Single Post
Old 02-18-2013, 07:31 AM   #4
antiquestamper
Stampin' Fool

Congratulations! When I signed up and became a demo I had so much fun. I'm also a hobby demo right now due to several moves and a schedule that's not condusive, but I hope to get back to building my business again someday.

Minders already gave you one of the best pieces of advice in telling you to join the demo forums here. Also, be sure to get signed up for Stampin' Up's Stampin' Connection which is another forum for demos only. I prefer the SCS demo forum, but Stampin' Connection has some valuable information too.

The best piece of advice I ever got was when you design projects for a workshop/party you should keep a box next to you and put every item you use to make the card into the box as you create it. That way you won't forget to pack something you'll need at the workshop.

I also learned the hard way to keep things pretty simple when planning projects for a workshop, especially if you have new stampers there. They can become overwhelmed easily.

Finally, I found offering classes was helpful for my business. I usually had a beginners stamping class scheduled that people at a workshop could sign up for. That way, if someone wanted to learn the basics (masking, sponging, coloring on stamps with markers, etc.) they could sign up right then. Sometimes I found customers were hesitant to commit to booking a workshop at a party, but then once they came to a beginners class they saw that I would help them really learn to use their stuff then they wanted more and would book with me. This beginners class was free, but then I did offer other more advanced classes and project nights that I charged for to cover my time and cost of materials.

Good luck and have fun!

Christine
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!