Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 02-12-2013, 04:33 AM   #1  
Stampin' Fool

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts
Default Ordering from SU demo site?

My demo is unavailable for me to ask this question directly so I'm asking here: Does ordering from a demo's website mean that you order and the demo then sends it on to SU? or am I ordering directly from SU in her name so she gets the credit?
I'm asking because ordering through my demo on stamp club day means I won't get my product til the following month when we meet again for stamp club day. I like SU products but the length between order and delivery is what keeps me from ordering more product, so I'm trying to find out if there's a way to expedite the process by ordering from her website.
Thanks for your time!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-12-2013, 04:41 AM   #2  
Stampin' Fool

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I don't think it will hold up your order...I order from a demo in another state and when I go to her site to order, I have my items the next day (well, it helps that I am in spitting distance of SU's warehouse!!!) but....I would think they would arrive in normal shipping/processing time.

One thing I want to add because I just now found this out the other day when placing an order...I went to the SU site and signed in. It told me my demos name at the top and I started adding items to my cart and noticing that I was not being prompted to pick rewards or anything like that so I shot my demo a quick email...she told me that I have to actually go to her blog and click on the shopping link and go from there. When I did that, I was forwarded to (what I can only guess is) a different SU website area where I started to, once again, fill my shopping cart. This time, I was able to get all of my rewards with no trouble. Just passing that along in case you did not know I would hate for you to do the same thing that I did and risk missing out on the great Sale-a-bration goodies!!!
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-12-2013, 04:48 AM   #3  
Stampin' Fool

Oh wow! "Spitting distance" is a lovely place to be from a stamp warehouse! Well I'm far from that, but thank you for answering my question

Oh and thanks for the heads up on the rewards issue.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-12-2013, 04:51 AM   #4  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen Alumni
Creative Crew SU Design Team Alumni

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Ok, I have a question....are you wanting to make your club order through your demo's site or place an additional order? I don't think you would be able to do your club order through the site because it wouldn't be part of the club order then and it would mess up the benefits for the hostess. If it's an order in addition to what you order at club then yes it can come straight to your house as soon as it's processed and it doesn't really go through your demo...she just gets a notice that you placed an order.

If you want your stuff from club sooner than the next meeting I would ask her if she can deliver it after it comes in or you can pick it up. I don't think that should be a problem!

Check out my blog

Proud SCS Fan Club Member

Last edited by Minders; 02-12-2013 at 04:51 AM.. Reason: grammar
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-12-2013, 05:05 AM   #5  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 104 Likes on 81 Posts

It may be possible ...soon... to place your club order in your hostess' name and have it delivered directly to your house. You will have to make sure to work that out with your demo in advance because there will be some sort of code needed.

I'm not being shy in sharing the details; we just don't have much info yet.

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-12-2013, 05:36 AM   #6  
Stampin' Fool

Oh thanks Mindy and Linda for your direction. My demo did make it clear that my online order would not be part of my club order. As for getting my order earlier than the next meeting, my demo has delivered things when they come in if I want them earlier, it's just that she's a teacher, her husband is the head of the booster club at the high school where their kids went and graduated from, plus they are high up in the Mardi Gras stuff (Krewe hosts I think) so she's plenty busy and I hate to ask her to give me my things early.
She's very sweet and accommodating but I was trying to see if ordering online was any faster without inconveniencing anyone.
I like the idea of being able to order online for our club orders. My demo usually has to wait on one or two people to get their orders in to close out the order and send it in, so being able to order online and get club credit would be awesome!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-12-2013, 07:45 AM   #7  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen Alumni
Creative Crew SU Design Team Alumni

I see! Hopefully this new feature will help with that! Frustrating that people can't turn their stuff in on time though! Grrrr!

Check out my blog

Proud SCS Fan Club Member
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-12-2013, 07:17 PM   #8  
Stazon Splitcoast

You know I don't mean to sound rude but it's YOUR money! It should be part of her service. SU isn't cheap and when you buy stuff who wants to wait a month. We had our club last night and our stuff will be here and available to us by next Monday. We go pick it up at our demo's house. Its just how we do it. Why don't you approach her to pick it up. Unless she is delaying putting her orders in you should have it in a timely manner. I used to buy a lot from another company, demo based and it would be a month or more for me to get my products. It irritated me so much that I probably don't spend 50.00 per catalog from them anymore. I only buy something if I think I just have to have it. The demo has finally gotten wise about me. Last time it was two, yes two months for me to get my stuff. I was angry and let her know. I did it in a nice way but I am not buying anything I have to wait two months for! I ordered from her this last weekend and my stuff will be here by this weekend.
Reply With Quote Likes