Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 01-09-2013, 04:40 AM   #1  
Mad Swapper

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Master Challenge Thread

Title : Birds of a Feather…
Hostess : Theresa (theelopers)
Keyword : MAR13VSNMINI6
Day/Date : Friday, February 1, 2013
Time : 10:00pm (EST)<O:p</O:p

Birds of a feather flock together! How many times have we heard that saying? We so often “flock” together with those we are comfortable with, share similar characteristics or interests with. <O:p</O:p

So here is my challenge: <O:p</O:p

You must “flock” together: TWO birds, THREE different embellishments and FOUR colors from this picture.<O:p</O:p

My sample below (2) love birds, (3) embellies [actually four-brads, ribbon, heart and micro beads on the heart], (4) colors [eggplant envy, gumball green, really red, melon mambo]. For some reason my colors look off. :(

VIEW THE GALLERY FOR THIS CHALLENGE MAR13VSNMINI6.

UPLOADING INSTRUCTIONS:

1. ALL VSN CREATIONS MUST BE UPLOADED BY 10:00 PM EST ON Monday Feb 4th (for the mini) and Mar 4th (for the main).
2. You have 45 minutes to complete the challenge.
3. We have a special gallery for the Birds, Bees & Creepy Crawlies VSN. When you click on Member Galleries to access the drop-down list, either scroll to the very bottom of the list (or just hit the End key which will take you straight there), and upload to that gallery .
4. Please remember to put in the correct keyword MAR13VSNMINI6 when uploading your image. Copying and pasting the challenge keyword is recommended to avoid typos.

It is also highly recommended that you post a link to your creation in this chat thread to be sure your layout is seen. Thanks so much for playing along!!<O:p</O:p
Attached Images
File Type: jpg VSN.jpg (8.2 KB, 16 views)
File Type: jpg MAR13VSNMINI6 Birds of a Feather.jpg (73.6 KB, 19 views)
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-01-2013, 12:51 PM   #2  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
CARD CASE'R
Splitcoast Gallery Moderator
VSN Coordinator

Received 571 Likes on 458 Posts

Title : Birds & the Bees & the Baby
Hostess : Misti (Scraperwannabe)
Keyword : MAR13VSNMINI1
Day/Date : Friday, February 1, 2013
Time : 5:00pm (EST)

We all know that sometimes mixing the birds & the bees together, you can end up with the stork delivering a baby! My challenge for you is to make a baby card of any kind.

VIEW THE GALLERY FOR THIS CHALLENGE: MAR13VSNMINI1

UPLOADING INSTRUCTIONS:

1. ALL VSN CREATIONS MUST BE UPLOADED BY 10:00 PM EST ON Monday Feb 4th (for the mini) and Mar 4th (for the main).
3. We have a special gallery for the Birds, Bees & Creepy Crawlies VSN. When you click on Member Galleries to access the drop-down list, either scroll to the very bottom of the list (or just hit the End key which will take you straight there), and upload to that gallery .
4. Please remember to put in the correct keyword MAR13VSNMINI1 when uploading your image. Copying and pasting the challenge keyword is recommended to avoid typos.

It is also highly recommended that you post a link to your creation in this chat thread to be sure your layout is seen. Thanks so much for playing along!!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg vsnbaby.JPG (116.8 KB, 8 views)
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-01-2013, 01:26 PM   #3  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
CARD CASE'R
VSN Coordinator

Received 571 Likes on 458 Posts

Here's where you'll find all of the challenges from vsn.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-01-2013, 02:01 PM   #4  
Stazon Splitcoast

Title: Flowers
Hostess: Marilyn, mlj-mlj
Keyword: MAR13VSNMINI2
Day/Date: Friday, February 1st
Time: 6:00pm EST

A long time ago when I was in Middle School, after a biology guest speaker lectured about beekeeping, my girlfriend & I signed up to be beekeepers with the regional beekeeping association. That year, we learned all about beekeeping from a very generous & passionate beekeeping gentleman who helped us set up & care for our very own hive.

We fledgingly nurtured that hive in my friend�s backyard. That year was the first year in a very long time that the family�s cherry trees blossomed. The trees were gorgeous! And the gardens in the neighborhood never looked as beautiful as the �year of the bees�.

We so often think that the bees & bugs need flowers but it is a reciprocal, symbiotic relationship where the flowers need the bees & bugs just as much. So my challenge is

Create a Spring-time card featuring FLOWERS
as the main image or the main theme.

That�s right- No Creepy Crawlers required for this challenge. Think pretty spring & summer colors featuring at least one flower.
The dessert option is to include or use something new since Spring-time is the time of new life. This is totally optional. Just have fun!!

VIEW THE GALLERY FOR THIS CHALLENGE HERE

UPLOADING INSTRUCTIONS:

1. ALL VSN CREATIONS MUST BE UPLOADED BY 10:00 PM EST ON Monday Feb 4th .
4. Please remember to put in the correct keyword (MAR13VSNMINI2) when uploading your image. Copying and pasting the challenge keyword is recommended to avoid typos.

It is also highly recommended that you post a link to your creation in this chat thread to be sure your layout is seen. Thanks so much for playing along!! I can't wait to see what you've created!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-01-2013, 02:40 PM   #5  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Received 375 Likes on 292 Posts

Title: Sweet Hexagons
Hostess: Brenda aka tessaduck
Keyword: MAR13VSNMINI3
Day/Date: Friday, February 1
Time: 7:00pm EST

I was in my early teens when my dad took up beekeeping as a hobby. He was good at it. He had as many as 20 hives on our farm as well as at the neighbors�. He was the go-to guy for capturing new swarms. He had all the equipment you can imagine: uniform, smoker, extractor. I was happy to help with the extraction. We always kept a couple quarts of honey with the honeycomb intact. Talk about sweet �chewing gum�! Ah, memories.

A honeycomb is a natural tessellation (note my username) of hexagons when viewed from above. Other hexagons include basalt columns, snowflakes and 6 petal flowers, even chicken wire, to mention a few.

My challenge is for you to make a card or project using HEXAGONS as your inspiration! They can be stamps of hexagon images, cards shaped like hexagons, hexagon dp, anything that is hexagon inspired, with extra honey for including a bee image.

My sample

UPLOADING INSTRUCTIONS:

1. ALL MINI VSN CREATIONS MUST BE UPLOADED BY 10:00 PM EST ON Monday Feb 4th.
4. Please remember to put in the correct keyword MAR13VSNMINI3 when uploading your image. Copying and pasting the challenge keyword is recommended to avoid typos.

It is also highly recommended that you post a link to your creation in this chat thread to be sure your layout is seen. Thanks so much for playing along!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-01-2013, 03:55 PM   #6  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen Alumni

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Title:Feeling a Little Punny
Hostess: Kathy (scs Kathleen Curry)
Keyword: MAR13VSNMINI4
Day/Date: Friday, Feb 1, 2013
Time: 8:00 pm EST

I always love puns and fun plays on words. There are so many good ones involving birds and bees.

My challenge is: Pick a fun pun to use on your card with a bird or a bee.

UPLOADING INSTRUCTIONS:

1. ALL VSN CREATIONS MUST BE UPLOADED BY 10:00 PM EST ON Monday February 4th.
3. Please remember to put in the correct keyword, MAR13VSNMINI4, when uploading your image. Copying and pasting the challenge keyword is recommended to avoid typos.

It is also highly recommended that you post a link to your creation in this chat thread to be sure you layout is seen.

My samples:
Attached Images
File Type: jpg punny1.jpg (80.1 KB, 9 views)
File Type: jpg punny2.jpg (54.4 KB, 10 views)
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-01-2013, 04:59 PM   #7  
Watercolor Wizard

Title: Wings of Sympathy
Hostess: Val (greywolf)
Keyword: MAR13VSNMINI5
Day/Date: Friday, February 1, 2013
Time: 9:00pm EST

Sympathy cards; we all need them, but most of us don't like making them. I often find myself using birds or butterflies on sympathy cards as there is something soft, gentle and comforting about them. So my challenge is easy peasy:

Make a sympathy card with one or more birds or butterflies.

I usually keep my sympathy cards CAS, but I'll give you lots of leeway here: one-layer, CAS, embellished, whatever expresses sympathy to you.

VIEW THE GALLERY FOR THIS CHALLENGE HERE.

UPLOADING INSTRUCTIONS :

1. ALL VSN CREATIONS FOR THE MINI MUST BE UPLOADED BY 10:00 PM EST ON Monday Feb 4th.
3. NEW: We have a special gallery for the Birds, Bees & Creepy Crawlies VSN. When you click on Member Galleries to access the drop-down list, either scroll to the very bottom of the list (or just hit the End key which will take you straight there), and upload to that gallery.
4. Please remember to put in the correct keyword MAR13VSNMINI5 when uploading your image. Copying and pasting the challenge keyword is recommended to avoid typos.

Attached Images
File Type: jpg 1Q1302.jpg (76.7 KB, 7 views)

Reply With Quote Likes