Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 01-24-2013, 05:20 PM   #1  
Rubber Obsessor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Spellbinder storage

How are storing your spell binders? I don't have a lot of space, I was thinking of using some sort of binder to keep them in.
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-24-2013, 05:25 PM   #2  
Stazon Splitcoast

I keep some dies in the Artbin Magnetic Die Storage Case, but I store my Nestabilities in envelopes. I outline one on the outside of the envelope, write the name at the top, and then they stand up in a box so that I can flip through them.

I had the magnetic Quickutz folders but they were just too much hassle and too heavy.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-24-2013, 05:42 PM   #3  
Mad Swapper

Default Spellbinders die storage

Hello! I also use the Artbin magnetic die storage case and I really like it! I have tried several other storage ideas but I have found this to be the best for me! The case will hold about 21 of the magnetic sheets. It is also easy if you need to take it on the go!

Good luck!
Connie
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-24-2013, 06:23 PM   #4  
Insane Embellisher

I make my own magnetic storage sheets that fit in a small 7x9.5" binder. I cut cereal boxes or other cardboard into sheets of 6x8.5" and cover them with decorative paper, including reinforcements for the holes. I then get some 4" magnet strips from Michael's that are adhesive on one side and I paint the other side with acrylic paint to go with the patterned paper. I place one strip down on the middle of the sheet and trim the other one in half, then stick it down beside the first strip to make a cross shape. I find this fits almost all of my nesties sets. I had to add some extra magnetic strips for my SU Labels framelits, but that's no problem. I stamp a label shape onto the sheets so I can write down the name and number of each set. So far I've been able to cram 15 sets into one binder. I really like how accessible the sets are, and I can see at a glance which shapes are going to work with whatever image I'm trying to frame. I'll try to take a photo of it and post it in a bit!
Anna
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-24-2013, 06:34 PM   #5  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

I am pretty cheap about organization - I don't care too much how it looks, if it works for me and is "free" or inexpensive.

I cut corrugated box cardboard into pieces that will stand up in one of those $1 plastic shoeboxes. Then I put a strip or two of magnetic tape on the cardboard, and just attached my nested dies to it on the magnetic strips.

The pieces stand upright in the box, and I can flip through and take out the set I need.

"Be kind whenever possible. It is always possible." Dalai Lama
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-24-2013, 06:35 PM   #6  
Insane Embellisher

Here's a photo:
Nesties Storage by Hallupino - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-25-2013, 03:04 AM   #7  
Die Cut Diva

Received 12 Likes on 7 Posts

I have mine in A5 ringbinders, (two at the moment,lol), on magnetic sheets.

Spellbinder storage-img_7640-.jpg

Spellbinder storage-img_7641-.jpg
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-25-2013, 03:35 AM   #8  
Pearl-ExPert

Quote:

Originally Posted by buggainokView Post
I am pretty cheap about organization - I don't care too much how it looks, if it works for me and is "free" or inexpensive.

I cut corrugated box cardboard into pieces that will stand up in one of those $1 plastic shoeboxes. Then I put a strip or two of magnetic tape on the cardboard, and just attached my nested dies to it on the magnetic strips.

The pieces stand upright in the box, and I can flip through and take out the set I need.
I like how you think.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-25-2013, 05:25 AM   #9  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen Alumni
SCS Gallery Moderator
Splitcoast Challenge Hostess
Teapot Tuesday TEAm

Received 1,051 Likes on 811 Posts

I use CD cases with a strip of magnetic tape stuck into each side. I can fit two sets in each case, and then they just go in a shoe box. Problem is the longer ones and some borders - I keep those in two DVD cases. Not pretty, but it works perfectly, and because I label the spines of the cases it's easy to pick out what I want.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-25-2013, 07:28 AM   #10  
Kookie Creator

My storage is very similiar to Shaz's. I bought the photo albums at walmart and I use the Tim Holtz page holders. I cut recycled chipboard to 6x8" and the magnetic sheet to 6x7". Then I can label the top. As you can see from this photo, it holds one label set and one borders or tag set. On my shapes, i can usually fit two to a page. I get the rolls of magnetic sheets at Michaels with a coupon.
Cindy
Attached Thumbnails
Spellbinder storage-img_20130125_091500.jpg  
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-25-2013, 08:08 AM   #11  
Polyshrink Goddess

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

I've made several books like Hallupino did. Those work great for me and I enjoyed making them.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-25-2013, 08:21 AM   #12  
Stazon Splitcoast

Here's how I organized mine. The post shows my method for storing A Muse dies, but I'm using the same system for my Spellbinders. Each binder is categorized....labels, circles, ovals, squares, etc.

Inking with Brenda Lee: Organizing Dies (and reinkers recap)
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-26-2013, 08:23 AM   #13  
Splitcoast Gallery Moderator

I bought some adhesive magnetic sheets from Oriental Trading and covered the wall behind my die cutting machine. Then I just keep out the dies I use most or working with at the moment. The other dies are stored on chipboard covered with the same magnetic sheets in a plastic tote.

HTH
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-30-2013, 01:06 AM   #14  
Cardstock Collector

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stamper for funView Post
I like how you think.
Yes, me too. A woman after my own heart!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-30-2013, 04:52 AM   #15  
Rubber Obsessor

I was using Quickkutz magnetic folders, but I had 7 of them full and I had a lot of loose sets (my name is Penny and I am a die-aholic!). I now have the Artbin magnetic storage case using 21 sheets and it is full. I kept my basic shapes in 2 folders - one for circles/ovals and the other for squares/rectangles. I'm not sure this will work for me, though. The case is very heavy and I need to flip through it to find dies. My folders were labeled and eventually I knew which folder to go too. Moving forward I probably will use both the Artbin and folders organized based on usage of the dies. Both of these systems cost some $ so I'll make them work for me.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-30-2013, 04:54 AM   #16  
Embossing Fanatic

I have the artbin one but i find with even only 6 of the sheets in there, I have to flip them ALL up/out to be able to get to any of them. there isn't enough room at the top near the handle for me to reach in and just lift up one or two of the sheets to get to whats underneath. Not sure if this will make sense to those not familiar with the product but i've already decided to ditch mine & try the new sunday international mini binder with magnetic pages. I just ordered 6 of the mini binders to house the stamps i'm unmounting and am very happy with them, so will order the magnetic ones asap.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-30-2013, 05:39 AM   #17  
Cardstock Collector

When we added my studio onto the house, I put cabinets around the room just like in your kitchen. Above the counter where I keep my Big Shot and my Big Shot Pro, I have three cabinets with double doors. When you open the doors, I have all of my Spellbinders on magnets stuck to the inside of the doors. It has worked GREAT. They are right above my cutters and easy to grab. If I want to take them with me to a crop or someone's house, I just put them in an envelope and go. Only problem I have right now is that I'm running out of room. Guess I'll move across the room to the additional cabinets. Hmmmm.

Last edited by cardsharks; 02-03-2013 at 01:45 PM..
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-30-2013, 06:04 AM   #18  
Kookie Creator

Received 14 Likes on 10 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by HallupinoView Post
I make my own magnetic storage sheets that fit in a small 7x9.5" binder. I cut cereal boxes or other cardboard into sheets of 6x8.5" and cover them with decorative paper, including reinforcements for the holes. I then get some 4" magnet strips from Michael's that are adhesive on one side and I paint the other side with acrylic paint to go with the patterned paper. I place one strip down on the middle of the sheet and trim the other one in half, then stick it down beside the first strip to make a cross shape. I find this fits almost all of my nesties sets. I had to add some extra magnetic strips for my SU Labels framelits, but that's no problem. I stamp a label shape onto the sheets so I can write down the name and number of each set. So far I've been able to cram 15 sets into one binder. I really like how accessible the sets are, and I can see at a glance which shapes are going to work with whatever image I'm trying to frame. I'll try to take a photo of it and post it in a bit!
Anna

i am loving this idea and love the pic you posted. when i have a spare weekend (???) i'll have a go at this!!!

My Blog
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-30-2013, 06:52 AM   #19  
Stampin' Fool

Smile My Die Storage

I have too many dies to use a binder method (too heavy) or even a shoebox method (too clunky for me) so this is how I am storing my dies now.
Connie
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-30-2013, 07:31 AM   #20  
Cardstock Collector

I use the Crafter's Companion EZMagnetic 2-N-1 Set (Full Size) It is a plastic binder that holds the 2 N 1 magnetic panels that you can put your dies on. For added versatility, 2-N-1 panels hold clear and cling rubber stamps on the reverse side. So you could use the binder for either dies or stamps. It snaps shut and holds a ton of dies. I love it!
EZMagnetic 2-N-1 Starter Set (Full Size) - Includes 1 EZBinder & 2 Storage Panels
Stacy H-W
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-30-2013, 07:38 AM   #21  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 459 Likes on 342 Posts

Like a couple of earlier posters said, I use adhesive magnetic strips inside a cupboard door in my craft room. Here's a photo of it:

Nestabilities storage by susanbri - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers

This was taken a few years ago - I now have way more and the door is full and I've used the side wall of the cupboard as well!

For my smaller dies like a lot of the Memory Box ones, I use binders with the magnetic vent covers that earlier posters mentioned.

My SCS gallery is here should you care to look! Or please visit my blog, Cardmaker's Garret.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-30-2013, 07:46 AM   #22  
Pearl-ExPert

Received 245 Likes on 132 Posts

Yes, it is heavy, but because it takes up little space when stored (a must in a small craft room like mine), I use a 3" binder and photo pages from Century plastics that come in every size pockets imaginable. I have one binder for my dies and one for my embossing folders.
Attached Thumbnails
Spellbinder storage-die-storage.jpg  
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-30-2013, 08:10 AM   #23  
Cardstock Collector

Love this idea - simple, inexpensive and still allows for creativity of design, yet so practical. Thank you so much, Anna. Another problem solved in a way that works for me.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-30-2013, 12:04 PM   #24  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Received 22 Likes on 13 Posts

My borders go in a small vase on my desk. They look nice and are easy to find. I store the rest in CD cases with magnets. Other dies go on a magnet strip designed for knives and some more on a magnet sheet attached to the inner side of the bookcase were I keep my die cutting machine. I'd prefer to have one system but don't have the $ or space to maintain consistency. And I have a Cuttlebug die storage case that came with my machine that I use for the Cuttlebug dies and embossing folders.
Www.Boxofchocolatescrafts.Com
YouNeverKnowWhatI’mGoingtoMake

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-30-2013, 12:11 PM   #25  
Kookie Creator

I bought some plastic coupon cases that have tabs insdie from the Target dollar store. I labeled one case just for squares, one for circles, another one for ovals, etc. Have six different cases that cost me a total of six dollars.

Then I found business card size magnet calling cards that I didn't need. (My daughter had lots left over from her wedding Same the Date magnets. Had others from pizza places, the library, etc.) I cut those up and mounted them on index cards. The nesties fit perfectly on the magnets on the index card. Each square set is stored in its own little tab section so I can find the size I need very quickly and easily.

Keeping them separated into squares, circle, ovals, etc, makes it fast and easy to just grab the square storage case when I need a square.

Very cheap and easy to maintain. Not to mention, to store.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-30-2013, 12:37 PM   #26  
Crimping Master

I too have mine mounted on magnetic pieces on thin foam core put in a binder. I love them like this. I did not want to have to take them out of pouches and such.

You can see a picture of them here

Have a wonderful day everyone!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-30-2013, 01:01 PM   #27  
Kookie Creator

I have used other systems in the past. CD cases with magnetic strips, the clear boxes with pages lined with magnetic strips...etc. With a volume of dies, comes the need for me to have in ONE location, easy access to my dies with them being secure. I purchased a very large binder that holds pocket pages about 11 x 8.5. I made full and half sheets of chipboard with magnetic sheets on each side. With the half sheets, I stapled the center of the pockets to prevent the halves from sliding on top of each other. With the pocket pages, they have a flap that folds the page closed, some have snaps. I used dividers to label pages into sections. Ovals, Rectangles, Circles, Squares, Memory Box, Cheery Lynn, Misc Spellbinders, Stampin Up, etc. Wish I was better at loading pictures to this site, but if you want pictures, email me at [email protected] and I will send you some visuals. Please put Die Storage System in the Subject line so I know you aren't a spammer. LOL
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-30-2013, 01:16 PM   #28  
Cardstock Collector

Smile Die storage

I've tried several die storage options:magnetic storage bins too heavy when full, bought 2darice storage binders, one for my many dies and one for my A2 cuttlebug and sizzix folders. I just love them!, I travel to a scrap/card making class weekly and the folders zip close and are very portable . M kline in brooksville florida

Last edited by craftie3; 01-30-2013 at 01:17 PM.. Reason: Typo
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-30-2013, 01:23 PM   #29  
Rubber Obsessor

I sewed some pouches that hold LOTS of dies. Here's how they look:
http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-Okskbxh8Sp...465%5B1%5D.JPG
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-30-2013, 01:34 PM   #30  
Die Cut Diva

Received 18 Likes on 4 Posts

I always kept mine in their original packaging and stored them in drawers or lately these tiered type organizers that I found in a thrift shop.

Now I am in the process of putting them all in DVD type containers that are lined with magnetic sheets. It is kind of an expensive conversion..and I plan to put them on a shelf.

My friend told me that she is going to store hers on a magnetic white board from Hobby Lobby. That might be a neat way to store them if you don't have a lot of space and would imagine that it is reasonable if you purchase the white board with a 40% off coupon.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-30-2013, 01:36 PM   #31  
Cardstock Collector

When I unzip the darice black nylon die storage binder, there are 8 clear pockets with dies in them facing me. it is a great visual asset when using your dies.

Last edited by craftie3; 01-30-2013 at 01:37 PM.. Reason: Omission
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-30-2013, 02:57 PM   #32  
Kookie Creator

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I use an 8 x 8 scrapbook album to store my magnetic dies. I buy magnetic sheets at Oriental Trading and slip them inside the plastic sleeves that come with the scrapbook album. I put a small label next to each one so I know what it's called and who the manufacturer is. So far it works for me, but it always seems like I'm on the hunt for something better. This is a great thread to see what others do.

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-30-2013, 04:54 PM   #33  
Compulsive Stamper

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Do you have the magnet sheets adhered to anything or just by themselves with holes punched in them? Thanks.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-30-2013, 05:18 PM   #34  
Pearl-ExPert

Received 245 Likes on 132 Posts

Not sure who this question is for, but I just have the magnetic sheets (I use vent covers which are quite sturdy) with the nesties on them slid int the pockets of the plastic binder pages. HTH
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-30-2013, 05:26 PM   #35  
Kookie Creator

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Quote:

Originally Posted by thatgirlisbackView Post
Do you have the magnet sheets adhered to anything or just by themselves with holes punched in them? Thanks.
I just stick them to copy paper. They come with a backing paper, but it's kind of thick and smells funny, so I peel it off and replace it with the copy paper.

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-30-2013, 09:28 PM   #36  
Stazon Splitcoast

I have a sweet friend who is building a stamp cottage. She is dedicating a whole wall to foam board with magnetic strips to put her nesties on. Presently she has them that way and I love it. You can always see all of them and I love that. They are all neatly labeled too. I wish I had a pic to show you but I do not.
Blessings
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-02-2013, 08:10 PM   #37  
Matboard Maniac

I put my nesties on a magnetic sheet and them store the sets inside an empty cd case. I store those in a photo box (sold at Michaels) vertically set! I mark them with my label maker and I am set!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-05-2013, 11:40 AM   #38  
Stazon Splitcoast

I cut magnet sheets to fit the files for this (CD size) and they go on that. Just flip through and grab the file I want. Voila. Once in a while I'll have one too big. I think I have two right now. But I LOVE it for the rest. I keep the over-big ones in a drawer near the other thing. I don't use them often anyway.

Amazon.com: Memorex File-n-Store: Office Products
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-24-2013, 06:09 PM   #39  
Rubber Obsessor

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChautonaView Post
I cut magnet sheets to fit the files for this (CD size) and they go on that. Just flip through and grab the file I want. Voila. Once in a while I'll have one too big. I think I have two right now. But I LOVE it for the rest. I keep the over-big ones in a drawer near the other thing. I don't use them often anyway.

Amazon.com: Memorex File-n-Store: Office Products
For the third time, I've reorganized by dies, and used a system similar to this. I LOVE it! I previously used CD/DVD boxes, then the magnet books by Quikkutz (sp?) and I think my little file box will be a keeper for me!
Reply With Quote Likes