Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 06-15-2010, 02:31 PM   #1  
Polyshrink Goddess

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Problems with Aged Mahogany Distress ink

I have bought 3 reinkers, hoping to get a good one. I have bought them at different times from different sources, and they are all thick and globby. Almost like a jelly. My pad also got dry very quickly. I do not have this problem with the other colors at all, only Aged Mahogany. I have had to add water to the reinker in order for it to liquefy. I am hoping that is ok to do. Does anyone else have an issue with this color of reinker/pad?
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-15-2010, 05:07 PM   #2  
Pearl-ExPert

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Call Ranger's Customer Service and they'll likely fix your problem for you!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-15-2010, 11:18 PM   #3  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Received 292 Likes on 127 Posts

I agree with Kathi - contact Ranger. It's possible they got a bad batch and even buying from different places you'll most likely be getting stock from the same batch. I know there was a problem with some Perfect Medium pads a while ago and Ranger just replaced for you if you reported having the problem. Adding water to Distress ink is fine but you shouldn't need to do it just to reink your pad.

Here's the page with contact info for Ranger: http://rangerink.com/contact.htm - I've had quick replies when I've e-mailed them with questions in the past and there's a phone number on there too if you prefer that.

HTH!

My blog
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-16-2010, 12:01 AM   #4  
Pearl-ExPert

yes rager will take care of you - they have the BEST customer service of anyone i think i have ever dealt with - they fix problems quickly and are lways very forthcoming if there has been a bad batch of something
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-16-2010, 08:54 AM   #5  
Polyshrink Goddess

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Ranger has the best Customer Service. I had one of the bad perfect medium pads and they replaced it without question and they Fed Ex the pad to my house in 2 days.
I was shocked how quick it came. The lady on the telephone was very quick to tell me they had a bad batch and too just give her my address and they would take care of it.

Sheena
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-16-2010, 04:16 PM   #6  
Swapper of the Month - January 2014

I had the same problem and it just so happens that it, too, was an aged mahogany reinker - i never thought to contact Ranger - I'll have to hunt it up - I'm sure I still have it since i NEVER throw anything out ::sigh:: :rolleyes:
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-06-2013, 11:49 AM   #7  
Pearl-ExPert

Today I thought to check the Forum for a resolve to this (my) problem and was surprised to see that others have also come across this problem with this colour in particular. I too have a refill bottle too thick to apply to my inkpad. I merely wanted to know if there was something I could add to the bottle to thin it out - I'm not sure water will do the trick. Does anybody have any solution? Returning 1 refill to Ranger from Canada seems minor if I can fix the problem more easily by adding a thinning agent to the bottle. Any ideas??? Thanks in advance.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-06-2013, 01:32 PM   #8  
Glitter Guru

Received 369 Likes on 219 Posts

I don't think you'll have to return it. I had a problem with a bottle of Stickles, and I didn't have to send it back to them. I just had to email a photo showing what was wrong with it, and they sent me 2 new bottles to replace the one that was bad. They have great customer service.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-06-2013, 08:27 PM   #9  
Hardware Hotshot

Received 77 Likes on 42 Posts

I wrote last week to Ranger concerning the Aged Mahogany refill, my 2nd bad bottle. I tried to add water to the first bottle; it didn't help. Whatever was in there was so gooped up I couldn't even bigin to stir it. This was a couple of months ago. Shortly after that, I bought the second bottle (never thinking to check it beforehand.) Same problem, only worse than the first one.

Ranger has asked me to take a photo so they can see what I'm describing, and they will send me a replacement. (I also had problems with the Perfect Medium inkpads, and Ranger replaced those for me.)

The CS is excellent, and if you contact them, I have no doubt they will make it right.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-07-2013, 05:33 AM   #10  
Mad Swapper

Quote:

Originally Posted by uncbballfanView Post
I wrote last week to Ranger concerning the Aged Mahogany refill, my 2nd bad bottle. I tried to add water to the first bottle; it didn't help. Whatever was in there was so gooped up I couldn't even bigin to stir it. This was a couple of months ago. Shortly after that, I bought the second bottle (never thinking to check it beforehand.) Same problem, only worse than the first one.

Ranger has asked me to take a photo so they can see what I'm describing, and they will send me a replacement. (I also had problems with the Perfect Medium inkpads, and Ranger replaced those for me.)

The CS is excellent, and if you contact them, I have no doubt they will make it right.
Can I ask what email you used to contact Ranger about the Aged Mahogany problem? I contacted them about two months or so ago using the contact page on the website and I never received a response. Thanks

My Blog: Purple Place Designs
My Etsy
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-08-2013, 10:38 AM   #11  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Received 55 Likes on 38 Posts

I never even thought to contact Ranger. I also had a goopy Aged Mahogany refill (several years ago) and I really needed to ink up my ink pad. I bought another refill and reinked my pad. I guess I better check that 2nd one to see if it went goopy while it's been packed away.

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-08-2013, 10:31 PM   #12  
Rubber Obsessor

I agree that Ranger has a great customer service. I worked for 5 years in customer service and I can recognize when a Company is offering a good after sales support.
I contacted Ranger on two occasions and I provided pictures of the product that, in my opinion, was not working well. They have been very honest and they told me that they were aware of the issue and I would get a replacement.
I am in Finland, they sent a replacement product on both cases.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-09-2013, 03:24 AM   #13  
Mad Swapper

Quote:

Originally Posted by EmiliaView Post
I agree that Ranger has a great customer service. I worked for 5 years in customer service and I can recognize when a Company is offering a good after sales support.
I contacted Ranger on two occasions and I provided pictures of the product that, in my opinion, was not working well. They have been very honest and they told me that they were aware of the issue and I would get a replacement.
I am in Finland, they sent a replacement product on both cases.
That's what I have always heard about Ranger's CS. I've never had need to contact them before now. So I was surprised when after contacting them through their website about a known problem I got absolutely no response. That's why I was wondering if anyone could share a CS contact email that did get a response. Because so far, I'm not impressed with their CS. ;)

My Blog: Purple Place Designs
My Etsy
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-09-2013, 06:49 AM   #14  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Received 292 Likes on 127 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by teegee7617View Post
That's what I have always heard about Ranger's CS. I've never had need to contact them before now. So I was surprised when after contacting them through their website about a known problem I got absolutely no response. That's why I was wondering if anyone could share a CS contact email that did get a response. Because so far, I'm not impressed with their CS. ;)
Did you send a follow up message? It's unusual for e-mail to go astray but it does happen - maybe they simply didn't get your message? Or maybe they replied and you didn't get it your end.

There's a contact form on their web site as well as the published e-mail address so maybe try the one you haven't already tried. If all else fails, that page has a phone number too ;)

My blog
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-10-2013, 10:45 AM   #15  
Cardstock Collector

I also bought a Aged Mohogany ink pad, a few months ago. It was dry when I went to use it. I kept thinking I needed to get a ink refill. Thanks for the suggestion about getting in touch with Ranger!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-13-2013, 01:32 PM   #16  
Rubber Obsessor

I sent a direct email to [email protected] and I always received a reply.
Please, check your spam folder. I worked in customer service, sometimes emails sent from a business company can go to your spam folder.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-30-2013, 04:06 AM   #17  
Die Cut Diva

Received 12 Likes on 7 Posts

Adding to this thread, I bought a few re-inkers at the Hobbycrafts fair in the NEC during Nov/Dec, but hadn't opened them all. Today I wanted the Dried Marigold for the first time, opened it, and its just like you described for the Aged Mahogany- thick like a jelly almost. So I've opened them all up, about a dozen, and my Aged Mahogany is the same, as well as only being half full. All the others are fine, so I am about to e-mail Ranger, but wanted to give folks a heads up regarding the Dried Marigold.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-30-2013, 04:44 AM   #18  
Pearl-ExPert

Mine was all "gloppy" too. I contacted Ranger, took a picture of the bottle for them, and they sent me a replacement that looks fine.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-30-2013, 06:44 AM   #19  
Die Cut Diva

I took a picture of my bottles, including the Aged Mahogany, stood upside down with its lid off, and emailed them, so I'll see what happens.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-02-2013, 04:06 AM   #20  
Die Cut Diva

Just a quick update- I e-mailed Ranger with a picture of my two bottles on Thursday- yesterday, Friday, I got an apologetic e-mail back, and a request for my shipping address, as they will send me out replacements- so anyone getting this, definitely get in touch with them.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-09-2013, 03:02 AM   #21  
Die Cut Diva

Final update, received my replacement re-inkers today- stunning customer service from Ranger!
Reply With Quote Likes