Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 01-27-2013, 04:42 PM   #1  
Compulsive Stamper

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Need a New Chair

I am cleaning, reorganizing and moving to another area in my craft room. I am looking for a new chair. I have a bad back and need something comfortable to sit for long periods of time. Maybe something ergomomical.
What kind of chair do you have and is there one you would recommend?
TIA.
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-27-2013, 04:57 PM   #2  
Hardware Hotshot

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I use an adjustable height drafting stool with a back on it, it has a foot ring around the bottom...I like being able to sit high at my cutting desk and normal at my work desk...It goes high enough I can sat, but lean on the edge...

I ordered it on line form COSTCO...You do not need to be a member to order on line...

...My life is like a stroll on the beach...As near to the edge as I can go...Thoreau...
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-27-2013, 06:07 PM   #3  
Compulsive Stamper

That sounds like something I would be interested in. I like the fact that the height can be adjusted. I am sitting too low in the chair I have now. I will go to Costco online and have a look.
Thank you!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-27-2013, 11:53 PM   #4  
Inking Addict

I'd like to have a rocking chair at my house, this one might be relaxing and if I'd like to have a snap, I am sure it would help a lot!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-28-2013, 07:41 AM   #5  
Polyshrink Goddess

I have used a balans-type (kneeling) chair for over 15 years. Mine is has rollers and is heigh adjustable. I can sit in it for hours at the computer, and my particular flavor of back problem does not like sitting in a regular chair for too long. This is not for everyone - can be awkward to get in and out of until you are used to it, but it works well for me. If you have a relax the back type store, I'd recommend checking one out to see if it suits you. Kneeling Chair With Memory Foam | Relax The Back They come in many options - I'd recommend the memory foam version.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-28-2013, 09:35 AM   #6  
Pearl-ExPert

I tried a lot of chairs out before I found one that was comfortable for me. I am on the short side and need to be able to touch the floor and have support for my back. I ended up with a Sealy Posturepedic from Staples (I didn't know they made chairs!). I would suggest you try a bunch before ordering just to make sure you are comfortable. I tried my husbands chair that we swore by and it was way too hard for me. Good luck!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-28-2013, 09:57 AM   #7  
SuG
Forum Fanatic

I have a desk chair that goes high, I use a foot stool under my feet, but even at a normal desk I like to sit up high.
I got it at staples, there was a red and blue style in microfiber
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-28-2013, 12:32 PM   #8  
Compulsive Stamper

Thank you all for your replies. I'm glad I asked the question as there are some things I had not thought of. I have never heard of a kneeling chair. May be out of my price range but it looks interesting. I guess a trip to staples would be in order to try out some of their chairs. Looks like this is going to be a process.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-28-2013, 02:07 PM   #9  
Polyshrink Goddess

Quote:

Originally Posted by karjorView Post
I have used a balans-type (kneeling) chair for over 15 years. Mine is has rollers and is heigh adjustable. I can sit in it for hours at the computer, and my particular flavor of back problem does not like sitting in a regular chair for too long. This is not for everyone - can be awkward to get in and out of until you are used to it, but it works well for me. If you have a relax the back type store, I'd recommend checking one out to see if it suits you. Kneeling Chair With Memory Foam | Relax The Back They come in many options - I'd recommend the memory foam version.
I had this type of chair some years ago and it is very comfy, except I have bad knees. It seemed to make me bear most of my weight on my knees and shins while sitting and after awhile my knees would be killing me. Just something to keep in mind when considering this type of chair.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-29-2013, 06:57 AM   #10  
Compulsive Stamper

Thank you for that Arizona. I am a dance instructor and already have a bad right knee.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-29-2013, 07:48 AM   #11  
Hardware Hotshot

I had the original version of the kneeling chair, it is still out in the shop somewhere!...They are not good for folks with knee or leg issues, but very comfy!

I chose the drafting chair because of the height adjustment, the angle and size of the set and the fact that you can sit for hours in them (as many do) and not fatigue your back or neck...

A chair is something that needs to be picked with care, it affects your work and your body...

...My life is like a stroll on the beach...As near to the edge as I can go...Thoreau...
Reply With Quote Likes