Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 03-23-2006, 07:36 PM   #1  
Polyshrink Goddess

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question So what's inside your cards????

Tell about the inside of your cards. Are they blank so you have plenty of room to write your own sentiments or do you have a favorite set of verses, quotes, etc that you use?

I hate my handwriting and would much rather have only a little room that needs to be filled Any suggestions as to which SU set is the most versatile?

"Do not fear, for I am with you; I will bring your children from the east and gather you from the west." Isaiah 43:5
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-23-2006, 08:10 PM   #2  
Hardware Hotshot

I most generally leave my cards blank to write. I have huge, fat, handwriting and it takes a lot of space. I can write small but only if I have to. I also do this for 2 other reasons: 1. I am generally sending a card to someone (grandma's or parents) that love to hear about what is going on in AZ. It can be old news, just news is good. 2. I only have a few sentiment stamps and if I use them on the front, I don't want to reuse them inside.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-24-2006, 08:48 AM   #3  
Pearl-ExPert

I leave mine blank, too. I think that's mostly because I always stick my greetings on the outside. I wonder if I might be copying SU!'s example too much...it's really hard for me NOT to stamp a greeting on the outside. But they do it because in photos you can't see the inside, ya know. ;)

Anyway...I don't like my handwritting either, but I usually like to be able to right more of a letter to someone.

my blog | the hybrid chick
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-24-2006, 04:24 PM   #4  
Stampin' Fool

I usually leave mine blank inside too. I don't usually have a specific purpose for a card when I make it, so I can stamp something inside later if I want/need to.
My Fun Stampers Journey Site
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-24-2006, 06:56 PM   #5  
Glitter Guru

I do some insides (innies and outies) depending on the card, sometime there are things that just go together. I have also found that Avery has a template for post cards that print 4 to a sheet, and you can type in whatever verse or things you want to say, and print them out like that, there is a margin and it prints so great! I have some cards I did this with, I can link it if anyone is interested.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-24-2006, 07:00 PM   #6  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 183 Likes on 151 Posts

I put stamped messages and a little of the stamps I've used on the front, in the middle. I stamp an envy at the same time and it all goes into a shoe box that's divided into sections so I can easily retrieve a card when I need it.
My Blog- Trusting in the Lord for Everything Proverbs 3:5-6 Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding. In all your ways acknowledge Him and He will make your path straight. My Stampin' Up Website My Gallery, BRAK New Member Mentor. New Grandmother to Mia Lou. 1st Grandchild.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-25-2006, 04:35 AM   #7  
Crimping Master

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have a whole range of sentiments that I use for the inside, and run most of my cards through my printer. I use Microsoft Publisher Greeting Card setup and delete and change them so they fit the card I am doing. Of course this means that you have to complete this step before you attach the front of the card or any embelishments but I find this works best, sometimes I might use a stamp for the sentiment inside. I also stamp or use the computer for sentiments on the front also.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-26-2006, 11:49 AM   #8  
Gallery Gazer

I purchased Versatile Verses, Many Thanks, and Birthday Greetings, sentiment stamps. These sets have great verses for insides of cards as well has some that go great as a greeting on the outside of the card. I am on the B/S/T forum occassionally looking for set called Hope and Comfort. There is a down side to buying these sets because I can see how they will get old after a while and besides how many years in a row can you put the same thing inside your mother's birthday card for example. I have also used my computer to print greetings on vellum. I size the vellum to line the inside of the whole card (side to side or top to bottom) and line up the printing so it lines up with the inside part of the card where you would normally see a sentiment. If I think of what I want to say inside the card ahead of time, I will go ahead and print on the card stock itself before I cut and fold it. I would also like to get the SU Font CDs for this. To help with the wording, I got a copy of a book called "The Write Words" at Target a year or so ago and another one called "Finding the Right Words" from Barnes and Noble. This usually helps me write my sentiments using my handwriting or computer. Hope this helps.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-26-2006, 12:04 PM   #9  
Gallery Gazer

I purchased Versatile Verses, Many Thanks, and Birthday Greetings, sentiment stamps. These sets have great verses for insides of cards as well has some that go great as a greeting on the outside of the card. I am on the B/S/T forum occassionally looking for set called Hope and Comfort. There is a down side to buying these sets because I can see how they will get old after a while and besides how many years in a row can you put the same thing inside your mother's birthday card for example. I have also used my computer to print greetings on vellum. I size the vellum to line the inside of the whole card (side to side or top to bottom) and line up the printing so it lines up with the inside part of the card where you would normally see a sentiment. If I think of what I want to say inside the card ahead of time, I will go ahead and print on the card stock itself before I cut and fold it. I would also like to get the SU Font CDs for this. To help with the wording, I got a copy of a book called "The Write Words" at Target a year or so ago and another one called "Finding the Right Words" from Barnes and Noble. This usually helps me write my sentiments using my handwriting or computer. Hope this helps.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-26-2006, 12:06 PM   #10  
Insane Embellisher

I leave the inside of mine blank until I decide who it's going to. I make the monthly birthday cards for our women's group at church, and leaving it blank leaves me the opportunity to write a personal message to the woman it is going too. And some cards I don't put any words on at all, so on the inside I always have the option of putting happy birthday, or missing you, thinking of you and so forth. I try to make the front generic unless I'm making it with someone in particular in mind.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-27-2006, 02:36 PM   #11  
Stazon Splitcoast

Location: Loading up all my B's and headed to the best gathering evah!

I'm about 50/50. If it's a specific card for a holiday-- I usually stamp a sentiment inside. If it's a general card or a card w/the sentiment on the outside I don't.

Sometimes it's easier (like w/Christmas) to print or stamp something on the inside to ward off handcramps. I'd rather have cramps from stamping
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-09-2006, 04:14 PM   #12  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Splitcoast Challenge Hostess & DSS Moderator

Received 12 Likes on 5 Posts

I like stamping on the inside of my cards using one of the stamps I used on the front. Perhaps a flower or leaf repeated. Many times using the same colored ink as the paper so it's faint. I think it's pretty fun. Sometimes I put a border of the image across the top of bottom.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-09-2006, 06:11 PM   #13  
Glitter Queen

I have some with things stamped inside, but still have the left side of the card for a Note. Some I leave blank inside, for example, if it says "thinking of you" on the front..... then I can write a longer note.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-09-2006, 07:47 PM   #14  
Crimping Master

Depends who I'm sending it to and if I feel like I have anything to say that day! I usually make them blank inside, and then decide if I want to add a stamped sentiment later. Sometimes I'm in a rush and all I have to say is "Love, me!"
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-09-2006, 08:43 PM   #15  
Crimping Master

Since I usually just make the card fronts ahead of time and just attach them to a backing when I need it, they are always blank. I am usually kind of "wordy", so I need the space!

"Creativity is a continual surprise" (Ray Bradbury)
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-09-2006, 08:47 PM   #16  
Stazon Splitcoast

mostly blank. I should start putting phrases in there but always forget to.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-11-2006, 07:04 AM   #17  
Glitter Guru

On my Christmas ones I usually stamp the verse but all others I usually type a verse which I get from a cards program.
Sneek A Peak at my blog ===> Karen's Kreations
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-11-2006, 09:23 AM   #18  
Gallery Gazer

Quote:

I have also found that Avery has a template for post cards that print 4 to a sheet, and you can type in whatever verse or things you want to say, and print them out like that, there is a margin and it prints so great! I have some cards I did this with, I can link it if anyone is interested.
That would be awesome, would you please?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-11-2006, 09:24 AM   #19  
Gallery Gazer

I usually leave mine blank, but this thread caught my eye because I don't want to anymore.
There are some people that I just don't have that much to say to, and I have pretty small writing. I don't want a "Happy Birthday" card that I'm giving to someone in person to go on and on and on. It gets redundant and I totally run out of things to say!!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-21-2006, 04:04 PM   #20  
Mad Swapper

Quote:

Originally Posted by thesachsgirl
I usually leave mine blank inside too. I don't usually have a specific purpose for a card when I make it, so I can stamp something inside later if I want/need to.

Me too. Sometimes I even wait to stamp a sentiment on the front of the card too.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-21-2006, 04:11 PM   #21  
Mad Swapper

I also keep a running list of "favorite" sayings that I have nabbed from other cards I have read or received. I then write that in in a complimentary color.
Makes me look so "whitty" he. he.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-21-2006, 04:32 PM   #22  
Stazon Splitcoast

I usually leave mine blank until I'm ready to use/give them. Here's a great site with some great sayings...
http://www.members.aol.com/BuildaBut...lda.htm#quotes
You can copy and paste them --- then print onto cardstock using whatever fonts you like.

My Gallery
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-21-2006, 06:20 PM   #23  
Mad Swapper

Quote:

Originally Posted by stampinvicki
I usually leave mine blank until I'm ready to use/give them. Here's a great site with some great sayings...
You can copy and paste them --- then print onto cardstock using whatever fonts you like.
This is great!! Thank you for sharing!!!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-21-2006, 06:51 PM   #24  
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

Originally Posted by nmslmomto3
I do some insides (innies and outies) depending on the card, sometime there are things that just go together. I have also found that Avery has a template for post cards that print 4 to a sheet, and you can type in whatever verse or things you want to say, and print them out like that, there is a margin and it prints so great! I have some cards I did this with, I can link it if anyone is interested.

I would also like this info - thanks!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-22-2006, 08:36 PM   #25  
Creative Crew SU Design Team Alumni

I make the inside as important as the outside; I layer and used stamped images and punches. When I make the card I design and cut the inside and make the envelope, so If I sell my stamp set or the colors retire or die lot changes everything matches. Lots of time I generate what I want to say (I have really bad handwriting) on the computer, I created a customized paper size (3 3/4 by 5) and just type away changing fonts and say anything I want. As you can see I am long winded.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-24-2006, 05:42 PM   #26  
Glitter Queen

I try to print a sentiment on the inside of my card with the trusty computer. I do this for family and close friends. I try to print it in a color that's a shade darker than my cardstock. I'm new to all this and going through these questions and all of your great responses is really helpful!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-24-2006, 05:53 PM   #27  
Insane Embellisher

I usually leave mine blank to write my own note. I always remember after that i *can* stamp the inside also..lol!

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-25-2006, 01:10 PM   #28  
Stampin' Fool

Quote:

Originally Posted by stampinvicki
I just saved this to my favorites. They are really helpful. thanks!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-25-2006, 01:12 PM   #29  
Creative Director - My Favorite Things
Dirty Dozen Alumni

Almost every card I make is blank inside.

When I show my Mom my cards, she ALWAYS opens them up. It makes me laugh! LOL
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-28-2006, 01:57 PM   #30  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 104 Likes on 81 Posts

Most of mine are blank inside, too, but I often add sentiments when I'm ready to send them. Whenever I bring them to work, they ALWAYS get opened up (like Jody's mom does) even when I say they're blank! How funny is that?! lol

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-28-2006, 02:21 PM   #31  
Rubber Obsessor

I sometimes stamp in the center of the right side with the same image used on the front, only with a very light ink, either grey or the same color as the front with the ink stamped off once or twice. Then I will stamp a sentiment across the image with a darker ink.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-28-2006, 02:45 PM   #32  
Embossing Fanatic

I use the American Greetings program on my computer. I find an inside verse that I like and print it off. I don't run my CS through the printer...what I do is run through a matching piece of parchment (you can get asst'd colors at Hobby Lobby). I then trim a tad smaller than the card and fold it and using a little bit of glue stick on the outside of the crease and the inside of the crease on the CS and stick the two together. It looks just like one of those you buy with the additional piece inside.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-28-2006, 02:54 PM   #33  
Desmond's Darlin'

I usually leave it blank, w/ the exception of a BDay card, then I put one of my many Happy Birthdays inside...that way I don't Have to put it on the outside, meaning I can make lots of cards and just pull one out and use it for whatever...

I DO try to put one of the small images from the outside in one corner, and if it is a dark card I mount a light color piece inside for writing on, I sell or give away a lot of sets and not everyone has a light colored gel pen.

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-28-2006, 03:22 PM   #34  
Rubber Obsessor

My cards are usually left blank if I make them at a "Stamp Camp" or to "swap" until such time as I use them for whatever reason they were meant for. When I use them, I have the option to use several of my "phrase" stamps or if I'm in the writing mood, I will print an original poem on the computer on either white paper or vellum. My favorite "phrase" stamp is "No matter how busy I seem to be, I always remember how much you mean to me." This is a 1999 PSX stamp that I bought at a yard sale. I love it! I would rather always do an original poem for someone I love or a good friend. It makes it very special and (keepable). I used to have good handwriting until I got Polymyalgia Rheumatica and some of the medicines I take make me shake so even card making is slow. If you'll notice none of my cards ever turn out to be perfectly lined up. Someone said that there was only One Who was perfect and if you notice real flower petals aren't even perfect so the idea of making something for someone is to honor that person. However you do yours is your version of honoring those for whom you make the effort to use your talents and abilities . Great ideas from loving people!!! In this group I see a world of LOVE!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-28-2006, 03:32 PM   #35  
Glitter Queen

I usually put a stamped sentiment on the inside, then stamp a few small images around/behind the words. It makes it look nicer than just words on the inside. I like to decorate the envelope to match as well.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-28-2006, 03:48 PM   #36  
Pearl-ExPert

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I usually make a card as I need it (I seem to work better under pressure!). Then I generally create a verse on the computer, print it out on regular copy paper and cut it down to fit inside my card. My family likes those big, flowery verses so I can't just stamp "Happy Birthday" on it. Must admit I get ideas from cards I've received and save them in my "Word" for future use, changing as bit so as not to plagarize other peoples verses verbatim.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-28-2006, 05:54 PM   #37  
Gallery Gazer

I usually leave them blank until I use them for a specific person, then I choose a sentiment from there. Sometimes a stamp...sometimes handwriting (Like Shannon I have large handwriting, which can easily fill the space.)

I just started stamping inside with repeated patterns from the front. For my demo's BD card I did a matted sentiment embellished with Primas. ;)
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-28-2006, 06:57 PM   #38  
Compulsive Stamper

Quote:

Originally Posted by PennyP
I use the American Greetings program on my computer. I find an inside verse that I like and print it off. I don't run my CS through the printer...what I do is run through a matching piece of parchment (you can get asst'd colors at Hobby Lobby). I then trim a tad smaller than the card and fold it and using a little bit of glue stick on the outside of the crease and the inside of the crease on the CS and stick the two together. It looks just like one of those you buy with the additional piece inside.
Thank you!! I like this idea!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-28-2006, 07:51 PM   #39  
Cardstock Collector

Default so what's inside your cards

Hi everyone. This is the first time I have ever replied to a post. I make my cards in quantity when I have time, Ex. Brthday, anniversary,etc. and leave inside unfinished. I then file in a file box by category so they are ready when needed. I then type the verses on my Print Shop program under postcards so that I get four cards per sheet of cardstock. I then cut and file these in another file box by category so that when I need a card in a hurry I just have to pick out a card to suit the ocassion and then choose a corresponding verse and attach to inside of card. Works great when I don't have the time to make a card and need one in a hurry. My daughters have even called me and requested cards they need in a hurry and only have 15 minutes or so to assemble. They know I always have something on hand I can put to together in a hurry. Hope this helps everyone else.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-28-2006, 08:44 PM   #40  
Kookie Creator

I usually put a sentiment inside the card, I don't have to many sentiment stamps yet though so I have started printing the sentiments on card stock before I cut it.
Another thing I have done was I bought 2 large zip lock bags full of old greeting cards at a garage sale and sometimes I use sentiments from those, there were about 150 cards in those 2 bags, and also a bag of differant sized & colored envelopes, I wonder if the person had a card shop business at sometime or another because none of the cards had been used and there was one for pratically every occasion you could think of.

P.U.S.H (Pray until something happens)
Reply With Quote Likes