Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 01-20-2013, 05:30 PM   #1  
Insane Embellisher

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default ERRR - JoAnn's stock

I have a lovely LSS two blocks from my home, so I don't visit my JA often for papercrafting. However, I have recently gotten hooked on Spectrum Noir, so have been working to collect them using coupons. This weekend, I had two 50% off coupons, AND an additional 25% off for being a teacher. They have not gotten any new ones in since Christmas. I did get the one set I didn't have (yellows) and a pair of scissors, but that's it. I really wish they'd get some more in.
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-20-2013, 06:19 PM   #2  
Crimping Master

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

My JoAnn's is the same way. I don't think they ever get any new stamps in. :(
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-20-2013, 07:06 PM   #3  
Kookie Creator

Same for me. I went to Jo-Ann's yesterday to look at Ott Lights and figured I would pick up some things while I'm there and they have nothing I don't already have too much of. another annoying thing is I had 2 50% off coupons and 1 40% off yesterday and it was useless because everything I wanted was already on sale for less off (MS Crafts for example). I'm starting to wonder why I bother to hang onto the coupons.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-21-2013, 08:58 AM   #4  
Rubber Obsessor

I agree 100%. I finally just stopped going to Joann's completely because their paper crafting selections were so poor and so limited compared to Michael's. Joann's and Mike's are the only craft stores in my area. so that's saying a lot to drop a store completely. I got totally fed up one day when I went to buy an embossing folder with a coupon (which are hard to come by compared to Mike's) and the cashier said you can't buy that product with a coupon.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-21-2013, 09:53 AM   #5  
Matboard Maniac

I just use the JoAnn coupon's at Mike's since Mike's still does take coupon on Spellbinders-which JoAnn's doesn't anymore. That pretty much sealed the deal for me at JoAnn's!......just wonering why JoAnn's always has books and magazines on sale (10% off-I think) so can't use coupon there-and Mike's won't take coupon on magazines/books-???
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-21-2013, 10:36 AM   #6  
Insane Embellisher

If it wasn't for the Spectrum Noir markers, I wouldn't go there for anything paper. Even my daughter mentioned how bad their selection was. I really, REALLY wish my LSS would carry them, but they already carry Copic. Not sure it would be good for them to carry both.

Unfortunately, they are the only fabric stores in town unless you want just quilting stuff.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-21-2013, 03:15 PM   #7  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

For years we only had one small, badly stocked Joann's in Oklahoma City. I seldom shopped there.

Then, Hooray, they opened a brand, new Joann's Superstore! And it is very close to my house. Probably too close, lol.

Anyway, the difference is like night and day. It is a great place to shop and always has the latest and greatest.

I hope all you guys will get a Superstore, too.

Now, I am still jealous that we don't have AC Moore or Archivers here.

"Be kind whenever possible. It is always possible." Dalai Lama
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-21-2013, 08:36 PM   #8  
Crimping Master

With the exception of my Big Shot I don't think I have ever felt the coupons are very useful at Mikes or JoAnn's. They have tons of restrictions and some days it's hard to find anything that is still at the regular price. There is always a "sale" of some kind and in my experience, I think I have saved the most on a large cut of designer fabric...but how many times do you need that??? For me, the coupons always seem like a way to get me into the store. I have a local framerie that I love, but a couple of years ago, I had 7 photos that needed to be framed. I took the 60% off coupon in, thinking I would save a ton of $$, but in reality, when they added up the price, it was obvious that they had inflated the cost of the job, then deducted the 60% to make it seem like quite a deal. I told the manager exactly that and she knocked over $400 off the job immediately. I just don't like their business practices.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-22-2013, 11:36 AM   #9  
Insane Embellisher

Bugga - I wish. Topeka isn't quite big enough, even though there is one in KC. I just haven't gotten there recently. I'm thinking I'm just going to order the ones I want from Dick Blick - they're about the same price and I can get all of the ones I want.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-22-2013, 02:08 PM   #10  
Rubber Obsessor

We are traveling from WA. to DC in June and I love to stop at different craft stores. I tried to find a lising of LSS store as I have never seen one. I get zilch on a web search. Can someone point me in the right direction?

Thanks
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-22-2013, 02:29 PM   #11  
Mad Swapper

Received 264 Likes on 109 Posts

Here is a good place to begin: US National Scrapbook Stores Map You can choose a region and state then check out the individual stores. Be sure to call ahead, though, as we all know too well that LSS have a way of disappearing overnight.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-22-2013, 02:32 PM   #12  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Creative Crew SU Design Team Alumni

Received 219 Likes on 134 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by weimsView Post
Bugga - I wish. Topeka isn't quite big enough, even though there is one in KC. I just haven't gotten there recently. I'm thinking I'm just going to order the ones I want from Dick Blick - they're about the same price and I can get all of the ones I want.
I've given up on our JoAnns - there is nothing there, and you can forget about ever using the coupons because they always have everything marked down a little bit, like 10%, so you can't use the coupons. I DID go into a super store last March in Novi, MI with friends and we were totally blown away - sure wish one of those would open up closer to me!

As for Dick Blick, they are wonderful to do business with and if you watch for sales, you can get very good prices.
Reply With Quote Likes