Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 01-16-2013, 06:58 PM   #1  
Insane Embellisher

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Four legged helpers

I went to my room tonight, with great intentions of making some amazing cards. I made one. Between removing cats from my table repeatedly, chasing down the Brittany who was really into stealing cards of buttons from my sewing stuff, and trying to avoid being clubbed by the Weimaraner who really wanted attention NOW, I really wasn't too productive. Sigh.

joohojjoisaoooea - that's what the cat says, by the way. She's helping type, too.

Who "helps" you?
Attached Thumbnails
Four legged helpers-photo-12-.jpg  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-16-2013, 07:04 PM   #2  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Creative Crew SU Design Team Alumni

Received 360 Likes on 186 Posts

Those are some super cute helpers.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-16-2013, 07:25 PM   #3  
Kookie Creator

Aww, your babies are adorable! My two lhasas always try to help me make my cards.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-16-2013, 07:29 PM   #4  
Glitter Queen

Quote:

Originally Posted by shellebelleView Post
Aww, your babies are adorable! My two lhasas always try to help me make my cards.
I have a baby cockatiel that helps me any time she's out if the cage! She's getting her own playgym in the craft room which might keep her off my pencils and paper!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-16-2013, 09:00 PM   #5  
Rubber Obsessor

So cute, Brittneys are retrievers after all, just trying to retrieve the buttons : ) I have a paper OBSESSED pug. She comes in my room and steals any and all paper she can get her cute snubby little face on! These are my helpers under my desk while crafting. Fur babies are so loving!
Attached Thumbnails
Four legged helpers-img_6674.jpg  
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-16-2013, 09:46 PM   #6  
Stazon Splitcoast

I just got a pup yesterday. wow does she need a lot of attention! She always trys to be in my lap when I am processing orders. It is taking us a lot longer than usual. I have not even gone into the stamp room this week. Her name is Coco and she is a chiweenie. Cute as a button.
Blessings
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-16-2013, 09:52 PM   #7  
Kookie Creator

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

My stamping area shares the room with a rabbit, who runs around in her cage when I am there. This is spurred on by my two tortoise shell kitties who are entranced by the rabbit. Nutmeg (the smaller of the cats) like to sit on paper, as most cats do. Very helpful when papercrafting. Today I had die cut several tree branches, and she was particularly interested in taking off with them and batting them off the edge of the desk. I kept trying to figure out where I had put the one I had just cut... til I saw the pile on the floor! The Malamute was outside barking at a skunk and the Corgi was having dental work done. I got 1 card done.

4 legged "helpers" sure keep things interesting!

My avatar is my beloved corgi, Cora
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-16-2013, 11:50 PM   #8  
Die Cut Diva

Received 261 Likes on 130 Posts

Weims- Your helps are so precious and beautiful. I love them. Look at those precious innocent faces! How could they possibly be ornery?

sea777- I love your babies too. So darn cute. I love your pug. You can tell he's just trouble and loves every minute of it.

I have two cats who think they are quite the artists. Not really, lol. If they can set on it, bat it around or try to injure me with it then they are happy. When I start crafting they can be sound asleep all tucked in their blankets. I grab my Xacto knife and it's like the world comes alive and there the two monsters are. My cats love to set on my die cutting mats as the mats go through the machine like it's a ride or something. I love my little "angels" and they do no wrong in my eyes.

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-17-2013, 02:46 AM   #9  

Sammy, the cat, does ocasionaly try to help but I am convinced that she really doesn't know she is a cat so most of the time, she doesn't act like a cat!!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-17-2013, 03:33 AM   #10  
Swapper of the Month February 2013

Received 37 Likes on 15 Posts

My little Boots thinks he's a people as well.....even wants to drink water from a glass! LOL!! And I guess I've just come to terms with the fact that every card I make must have at least one cat hair on it somewhere...usually it' can't be seen though because it's stuck in the adhesive somewhere.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-17-2013, 03:56 AM   #11  
Insane Embellisher

Adorable!

I have a Staffordshire Bull Terrier who often comes in to have a nose. More often than not she appears to ask to be let out the very minute I sit down. ;-)
Attached Thumbnails
Four legged helpers-2012_03_26_taika_001.jpg  
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-17-2013, 04:29 AM   #12  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen Alumni

My 6 pound toy fox terries likes to sit on my lap when I stamp and rest her head on my arm...which makes it hard to STAMP! And he looks at me all offended when I dare move and disturb her:-) MOST of the time though, she's in her little bed in my room just hanging out with me:-) Oh and sometimes she brings me toys to throw when I'm stamping....and then I end up with ALL the dog toys in my little room...she's a hoarder lol!

Check out my blog

Proud SCS Fan Club Member
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-17-2013, 05:23 AM   #13  
Kookie Creator

Quote:

Originally Posted by weimsView Post
I went to my room tonight, with great intentions of making some amazing cards. I made one. Between removing cats from my table repeatedly, chasing down the Brittany who was really into stealing cards of buttons from my sewing stuff, and trying to avoid being clubbed by the Weimaraner who really wanted attention NOW, I really wasn't too productive. Sigh.

joohojjoisaoooea - that's what the cat says, by the way. She's helping type, too.

Who "helps" you?
Your dogs are adorable - especially the Brit -(s)he is beautiful! (coming from an owner of two Brits). My brits are banished from my crafting room because they will steal anything they can reach, and the younger one keeps wanting to crawl into my lap and see what I'm doing (and at 32 and 42 pounds, neither is a lap dog, although you can't tell them that!). Plus they are both chewers and think anything is edible. I can relate to the Weimaraner needing attention NOW - whenever I open my laptop to start surfing, one just puts his face on the keyboard and won't move, the other won't even let me open it:
Four legged helpers-flash-laptop.jpg
Four legged helpers-rusty-flash.jpg

When I do go crafting, the two of them sit at the closed door and whine/howl/scratch at the door for a good half hour before they just give up and go away.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-17-2013, 07:03 AM   #14  
Pearl-ExPert

Know what you mean. Was trying to get some cards made for a group exchange. Pull a folded blank card to use as a base but had to discard it-had teeth marks in a corner that I couldn't cover up!

I got a Yorkie puppy for Christmas from my DD & DSL. Cooper is fun to have and funny to watch. He 'needs' to be in my lap whenever I sit.

Had to make a card for DD birthday so I put a doggie bed on the other side of the gate/barrier. After he dragged it around for awhile. He became convince that I wasn't going to play with him so decided to take a nap.

Had a cat that always ended up with glitter on his nose. My other cat is not interested when I craft.

The four-footed helpers are so worth the trials because their love is so unconditional!!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-17-2013, 11:39 AM   #15  
Mad Swapper

I just love all your critters and stories. My cockapoo also loves paper and will dig in the trash when given a chance. The trash can now lives up on the table. Our other dog, a mastiff, is not allowed in my studio. He is literally a bull in a china shop. I could possibly train him to lick envelopes however.
Attached Thumbnails
Four legged helpers-juta.jpg  
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-17-2013, 11:44 AM   #16  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 23 Likes on 10 Posts

hahahaha - lick envelopes... he does have a good tongue!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-17-2013, 12:29 PM   #17  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by sprtchickView Post
I just got a pup yesterday. wow does she need a lot of attention! She always trys to be in my lap when I am processing orders. It is taking us a lot longer than usual. I have not even gone into the stamp room this week. Her name is Coco and she is a chiweenie. Cute as a button.
Blessings
Glad you have a cute pup, Amber. I can relate to the attention thing. We got a toy poodle puppy when we had to put our 17 year old sweet poodle to sleep this year. I was heartbroken, and just had to have another doggie, RIGHT NOW.

I had totally not remembered how much time and attention a puppy takes. I was so used to our old, sweet, well-behaved dog. I have so many baby gates in my house now, it is really an obstacle course.

This one is mad for paper, loves to take any piece of paper and shred it into a million pieces. If even a tiny bit is hanging near the edge of my table when I'm stamping, she jumps up, grabs it and off she goes. I have had to re-think everything I do and keep everything up out of harm's way.

I know this puppy stage won't last forever, and she is sure cute, but I'm ready for the next stage.

"Be kind whenever possible. It is always possible." Dalai Lama
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-17-2013, 12:43 PM   #18  
Kookie Creator

My cats help a lot and try to get cat fur stuck in my tape lines and have to sit in the middle of my work space.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-17-2013, 04:40 PM   #19  
Insane Embellisher

I wish that there was a like button on posts, because all of these fur babies are adorable!

And yes, sometime I have to pick the dog fur out of the glitter...
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-17-2013, 05:37 PM   #20  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 55 Likes on 51 Posts

All of these babies are so cute! Here are mine, Simon and Sapphire, "helping" me.

Four legged helpers-img_5098.jpg

Four legged helpers-img_5099.jpg
I can do all things through Him who strengthens me. Phillippians 4:13
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-17-2013, 05:44 PM   #21  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 81 Likes on 37 Posts

<----------- My helper is Scarlet in my avatar. She has gotten a lot braver than when she was a pup and tried to hide in the dryer. I have banned the cats from my Stampin' Sanctuary, too much help with embossing powder the last time has earned them a lifetime ban. They work in tandem to create havoc.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-17-2013, 06:30 PM   #22  
Insane Embellisher

Flash & Rusty give up? How did you manage that? My room is open to the rest of the basement, so they have the run of it when I'm downstairs. Normally, they'll grab bones and settle in on a couch or the recliner.

All of you guys have cute fur babies.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-18-2013, 05:22 AM   #23  
Kookie Creator

Quote:

Flash & Rusty give up? How did you manage that? My room is open to the rest of the basement, so they have the run of it when I'm downstairs. Normally, they'll grab bones and settle in on a couch or the recliner.

All of you guys have cute fur babies.
By give up I mean stop scratching at the door to the basement (where I craft) and go find someone else to bug. The older one (10 year old Flash) can be left alone and pretty much has run of the main rooms of the house (no bedrooms, and he knows it even when the doors are open). The younger one however (5 year old Rusty) is not to be trusted - AT ALL! So, if he is out of his crate, there is always someone upstairs that has to keep an eye on him. Otherwise, he will find something to either chew up, rip up, destroy or generally just cause havoc! We can't even just leave him outside because he will find things out there to wreak havoc on just as easily - like fences, wood from the woodpile, pillows off the chairs, decorative grasses, the pooper scooper - nothing is safe! Problem is, he is so danged cute that when he gets caught, he just tips that sweet little head to the side looking all innocent, then wiggles himself into a little ball and licks your face - really hard to stay angry at him! We always say he's the stupid one, but in reality, I think he is the smarter of the two!

I too love everyone's fur babies - makes life so much more interesting with them!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-18-2013, 07:29 AM   #24  
Insane Embellisher

Rusty sounds JUST LIKE Rascal! I noticed that in your pic, one is on a leash inside. We have to do that, sometimes. Usually, however, he just wears his "handle" - a tab leash I made that's about 10 inches long. Just enough to grab him out of whatever mess he's into.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-18-2013, 11:23 AM   #25  
Simon Says Stamp

Ha! Love hearing about your helpers. Mine are my cats, Bailey and Toby. Here is Toby "helping" me recently.
Attached Thumbnails
Four legged helpers-photo-73-.jpg  
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-18-2013, 12:23 PM   #26  
Mad Swapper

Here are my two "helpers". This was an uncharacteristically calm moment for these two.

They are a almost 100 lb 4-ish year old boxer & a 25 pound 7 month old beagle pup. We found Phoebe, the beagle, by the side of the road when she was about 6 weeks old and 3.5 pounds (according to the vet.) And Goob, the boxer boy, adopted her immediately and became the best mama ever.

They are usually having wrestling matches & tug-of-wars right under my chair and occasionally they wear each other out and I get pictures like this.

There is also an old-lady beagle/dachshund mix who is also usually in the room with me. The cat generally has the good sense not to be in the same room as the two younger dogs. ;)
Attached Thumbnails
Four legged helpers-wpid-imag1261.jpg  

My Blog: Purple Place Designs
My Etsy
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-18-2013, 12:32 PM   #27  
Mad Swapper

Oh! I found pics of the other dog & the cat.

Sami the geriatric beagle/dachshund. And Lily the tortie cat seeking refuge from the dogs on my work desk.
Attached Thumbnails
Four legged helpers-wpid-imag1053.jpg   Four legged helpers-wpid-imag1012.jpg  

My Etsy
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-18-2013, 03:29 PM   #28  
Proud Fan Club Member

Received 5,908 Likes on 2,180 Posts

I just call him the Big Bad Boy!
Attached Thumbnails
Four legged helpers-big-bad-boy.jpg  
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-18-2013, 05:35 PM   #29  
Die Cut Diva

Quote:

Who "helps" you?
OMG, how blessed you are! Cats and dogs. Yes, they're a pain, but a wonderful pain!

Sometimes I sneak upstairs so I can beat my dogs to my craft room. Only they sneak in (I've learned one of the doors doesn't latch!). i just figure they're "helping" me with my priorities! LOLOL And if I get something made that doesn't have dog hair in it, it isn't finished. :p
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-19-2013, 08:40 AM   #30  
Dirty Dozen Alumni

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by teegee7617View Post
Oh! I found pics of the other dog & the cat.

Sami the geriatric beagle/dachshund. And Lily the tortie cat seeking refuge from the dogs on my work desk.

Lily is ADORABLE!!!! What a cutie!!!
Illustrator: Whipper Snapper Designs
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-19-2013, 08:45 AM   #31  
Dirty Dozen Alumni

Heart

I LOVE this thread! So many cuties, and such GREAT helpers!!

Here is my Twiggy, who was wanting up on my lap while I was sewing.
Attached Thumbnails
Four legged helpers-annawight4812web600.jpg  
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-19-2013, 08:47 AM   #32  
Dirty Dozen Alumni

Quote:

Originally Posted by jkstieberView Post
All of these babies are so cute! Here are mine, Simon and Sapphire, "helping" me.

Attachment 265724

Attachment 265725
Oh my gosh .... Simon (the orange guy) ... that pic is hysterical!! Hahahaaaa!!! Soooo funny!!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-19-2013, 08:49 AM   #33  
Dirty Dozen Alumni

Quote:

Originally Posted by russnzellaView Post
My little Boots thinks he's a people as well.....even wants to drink water from a glass! LOL!! And I guess I've just come to terms with the fact that every card I make must have at least one cat hair on it somewhere...usually it' can't be seen though because it's stuck in the adhesive somewhere.
I always just say "pet hair comes free of charge" ... ;)
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-19-2013, 09:10 AM   #34  
Polyshrink Goddess

Regalsleeping_zps68c9a2a9.jpg This is where our beagle Regal sleeps when I am in the craft room. :-)

Sorry, I can't figure out how to make the picture smaller!
Barbara

Last edited by barbara32ca; 01-19-2013 at 09:14 AM..
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-19-2013, 12:04 PM   #35  
Crimping Master

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

I have to make sure I keep stamp pads shut, our 3 1/2 year old tabby cat "Benny" will occasionally jump up on my worktable and saunter across the entire area, just to see what's up. I never hear him coming of course! I decided if he puts his paw prints on my cards, they're just going to be his contribution to the design.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-30-2013, 08:28 AM   #36  
Rubber Obsessor

These are my stamping babies. Oscar the pug is my full time companion and Clover the Chihuahua only when she feels like it.
Attached Thumbnails
Four legged helpers-may2013-oscar-.jpg   Four legged helpers-oscarclover.jpg  
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-30-2013, 09:15 AM   #37  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

I posted back in January when this thread first started, but I didn't have a picture of my sweet little girl, Monet II then. She is a tiny toy Poodle, and was a replacement for our first Monet I, who we had for 17 wonderful years. She looks just like Monet I.

I knew that my hubby would never remember a new name, so we named her Monet II. My daughter calls her Monet, the Perpetual Poodle.

She is a year old now, and absolutely crazy about paper! (Just like her mama, ha!) She will jump up to my table and grab any piece near the edge and dash off with her "prize."

We really have to watch her. My hubby was making out a bank deposit, and she grabbed an endorsed check and was gone in a flash. I managed to get it before she shredded it.
Attached Thumbnails
Four legged helpers-monet.jpg  

"Be kind whenever possible. It is always possible." Dalai Lama
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-30-2013, 10:36 AM   #38  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Received 55 Likes on 38 Posts

Awwwwww this is a great thread! LOVE the pics of all these adorable puppies and kitties!! I'm at work so no pics for me to attach right now. But I do a big ol' yeller dawg (4 yrs old) who thinks it's her job to be right next to me when I am in my studio. So I have to either stay in one spot the whole time (impossible when my stuff is there, there, and over there) or step over her or try to get her to move. My big ol' black puppy (12 yrs old) is somewhat smarter and jumps up the minute I move. LOL The stray dog hairs are right at home on the floor with all the tiny pieces of paper, the glitter, the occasional glue dot, and the little papers from the dimensionals.

Anyone know how to get the puppies to vacuum after themselves??

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-30-2013, 10:51 AM   #39  
Mad Swapper

Aw, I had forgotten about this thread. I posted pics of my helpers back in January. Sadly, we lost our old beagle/dachshund last Monday. We miss her, but she was an old, old lady and it was definitely her time. So I only have two furry bodies keeping me company in my craft room most times now. (Three when the cat decides to join the party. ;) )

Our young beagle is a paper thief too. Paper or cardboard she'll grab and run like she's found a treasure. Ridiculous thing. :rolleyes:

My Etsy
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-30-2013, 10:56 AM   #40  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Received 55 Likes on 38 Posts

Ohhh I'm sorry about your puppy passing away. Hugs!! That's always hard, no matter how old they are. (And yes, I still call them puppies even if they are 20 years old. LOL)

What is the fascination of stealing paper?? I must be lucky cuz my puppies don't bother stealing papers or anything from my studio. They just like to be in the way. :-) Now if I dropped some bread or ice cubes or meat, they'd be all over it!!

Reply With Quote Likes