View Single Post
Old 12-23-2012, 02:46 PM   #3481
mschoener
Quacker Stamper

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcschmidty View Post
Hello from Chicago! Wahoo- our plane on Thursday to Chicago was cx on Thursday! We had a choice to either wait and fly on Sunday, or to drive......Well, we decided to drive. Usually a 16 hour drive, it took us 24..... we did it in 2 days- made it home on the slip and slide highways of Nebraska and Iowa...... our Guardian Angels were working overtime! We counted cards and trucks in the ditch from Lincoln Neb. to Iowa City (then it got dark) and were up to 190 - in about 250 miles. We felt fortunate to be having a better day than a whole lot of other folks....... and feel Blessed to be home safe and sound.

I had to work today- I missed yesterday- felt bad as this is our busy season, but what can I say. Hubby has steak cooking and an acorn squash in the cooker- yum.....smells delicious in here!

Thanks for the card Maggie- it is beautiful! And where do you get the gold corner embellishment you used?

I do not have my Christmas cards addressed yet.....I am late every year with them....my intentions are good, but have to wait for hubby to write a letter and the kids to send us the pics they want.

Maggie- hope you continue to feel better and that you have safe travels and a wonderful time on your Christmas trip!

We are listening to fabulous Christmas music- it is so pretty!!!

i AM BEING CALLED TO THE TABLE- BETTER RUN! Whoops...

Shelly
Hi Shelly. Sounds like a very scary trip hope. So glad that you and DH made it home safe and sound with no accidents. Scary that there were so many cars along the side of the roads.

Glad you liked the card. I bought those gold corners from Whiff of Joy. I love their embellishments. I need to order some more. One of the blogs I follow uses them a lot and she will emoboss them in different colors. I've yet to try that.

I love to listen to Christmas music too.

[email protected]
Creatalicious Challenge
International Art & Soul
Blog: http://maggiescathouse.blogspot.com/
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!