Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 12-09-2012, 06:29 PM   #1  
Glitter Queen

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default La Blanche Stamps

Hi everyone!
I just got some of the La Blanche stamps and have a few questions about them :confused: .
First off, what kind of paper should I use? I know they have a special paper they put out to use with their stamps but I can't get a hold of it and I hear it is expensive to boot. I tried them on watercolor paper but the images really came out bad :oops:
Secondly, How do you clean them? I used baby wipes and a stamp cleaner. I was wondering if the stamp cleaner would harm the stamp material.

Thanks for any help you can give!
Gina
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-09-2012, 06:36 PM   #2  
Glitter Queen

Ok, I didn't look far enough down the forum there is a whole thread on these stamps. But if anyone wants to give me the quick answer I'd be happy to have them without searching LOL.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-09-2012, 07:54 PM   #3  
Die Cut Diva

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

I only have one of their stamps but my advice would be - use the paper best for the medium you want to use. If you're painting - use watercolor paper, etc. I like to use a smooth paper so I can play with my alcohol ink markers. I start by stamping the La Blanche stamp with momento black ink. Then I start coloring with my Spectrum Noir. If I were to use colored pencils - I'd use a less smooth paper for easier blending. If I were going to paint the image (i.e. Shimmering H20's) I'd use a water color paper.

That's just what I'd do. And I play around with different papers and mediums. I hope that helps you get started.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-09-2012, 09:04 PM   #4  
Die Cut Diva

Received 159 Likes on 99 Posts

Ranger Specialty Stamping paper is the same as La Blanche paper.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-10-2012, 02:07 AM   #5  
Glitter Queen

Thanks ladies for your input.
I was thinking of using the crafters companion paper since I don't think the craft stores near me carry the Ranger paper other than the tags.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-10-2012, 09:20 AM   #6  
Die Cut Diva

Simon Says has the Specialty Paper: Results for Ranger ATC Pieces & Surfaces

and LaBlanche paper: Simon Says STAMP Product List
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-10-2012, 09:24 AM   #7  
Die Cut Diva

Have you checked out La Blanche on You Tube? https://www.youtube.com/user/LaBlanche111/videos

Plus others have videos using their stamps: https://www.youtube.com/results?sear....1.25AFEgwzOaI
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-10-2012, 12:47 PM   #8  
Glitter Queen

Quote:

Originally Posted by iamvicsView Post
Have you checked out La Blanche on You Tube? https://www.youtube.com/user/LaBlanche111/videos

Plus others have videos using their stamps: https://www.youtube.com/results?sear....1.25AFEgwzOaI
I am a You Tuber! :lol: :lol: I have watched a lot of videos on these stamps. I just don't want to have to go on line to buy the paper I need. I am on limited funds (if you get my drift ) and don't want to use the CC if I can help it.
Thanks for your suggestions!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-10-2012, 02:37 PM   #9  
Forum Fanatic

These stamps work as well on Neenah or Georgia Pacific - I've used both and they produce an okay/good image. I would not use these stamps on water color paper because they are typically too detailed - just my opinion on these.

Georgia Pacific - you can get at WalMart. Neenah I've gotten at my LSS or online. Marco's Papers is having their annual sale - Free Shipping on orders over $30
Marco's Paper -- The Best Source for Paper, Envelopes, Cardstock & Accessories Since 1971
If ordering paperr - that's a good savings to get free shipping - actually I thought it was free shipping on all orders during this annual sale - so you may want to check - I'm on their mailing list so maybe that's how to see that sale. They have a toll free number on the site to ask questions along with their recommendation of the best paper to use with these stamps.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-10-2012, 03:01 PM   #10  
Die Cut Diva

Quote:

Originally Posted by TeacherggmacView Post
I am a You Tuber! :lol: :lol: I have watched a lot of videos on these stamps. I just don't want to have to go on line to buy the paper I need. I am on limited funds (if you get my drift ) and don't want to use the CC if I can help it.
Thanks for your suggestions!
I understand, I've been using my CC to Christmas shop so I'm avoiding crafty shopping. There is a Simon Says coupon code in this thread: Get $5 off of your Simon Says Stamp order! by JanaM at Splitcoaststampers
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-11-2012, 11:20 AM   #11  
Rubber Obsessor

Received 5 Likes on 1 Post

I use gloss paper (Ranger) and color w/distress inks. Wonderful effect.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-11-2012, 12:30 PM   #12  
Matboard Maniac

I use Versa Fine or Momento for inks and find that the SU Whisper White or Very Vanilla work great with these stamps. The silicone stamp is very strong and can hold up to any kind of cleaning you use with other stamps. Because they are such fine detail, the rougher te paper texture, the less detail you will get.
I did try the specialty stamping papers, but found found they are not necessary to get a good stamp!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-11-2012, 07:04 PM   #13  
Glitter Queen

Quote:

Originally Posted by FiberArtist4HimView Post
I use Versa Fine or Momento for inks and find that the SU Whisper White or Very Vanilla work great with these stamps. The silicone stamp is very strong and can hold up to any kind of cleaning you use with other stamps. Because they are such fine detail, the rougher te paper texture, the less detail you will get.
I did try the specialty stamping papers, but found found they are not necessary to get a good stamp!
Thanks, I was worried that I wrecked them by using Stamp cleaner on them, but then I though if you can pour hot UTEE on them the cleaner shouldn't hurt them!
I am going to get the crafter's companion paper that my local AC Moore has now and see if that works well with the stamps.
Has anyone tried the hot UTEE with these stamps yet??
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-12-2012, 09:29 AM   #14  
Matboard Maniac

You should be fine with just about any paper that has a smooth surface. I also use the white card stock from Walmart. It is very inexpensive and works well with pretty much any inks.
The most important thing I have found with these stamps, is the need for a good quality ink pad such as Momentous or Versa Fine or Rangers Archival inks. There may well be more, these are just the 'go-to' inks I use when I am concerned about details or if I am having trouble getting a clean stamp image. I was never a good stamper in terms of quality impressions, until someone got me started with Versa Fine. It did change my life, lol!

Once you get the hang of stamping with the LaBlanche stamps, you might want to try water color paper again, but just be sure to use one that has as smooth a surface as possible, and Versa Fine is a waterproof ink base so good for water coloring.
Reply With Quote Likes