View Single Post
Old 12-02-2012, 09:45 AM   #35
Proud Fan Club Member

I store my 6 x 6 pads, my half strips of DSP and my scraps in 3 of the translucent bins that Target sells for organization. I have two rows of the 6 x 6 pads in one and I even stick in some mat packs once in a while...also just looked and I have a 12 x 6 pad of cardstock from HL that is at the back of this bin.....
When I buy packs of DSP (usually SU) I take one of each sheet and cut it into 12 x 6 size strips...I file them under the name in another of the bins described above. Super easy when you just need some strips or only a quarter of a sheet. Once only a quarter is left it goes into my third bin which is organized by ROY G BIV using main color. (This bin has dividers labeled with color name/initial. and there are dividers for Christmas, Halloween, Fall, and Valentines).
All scraps, whether CS or DSP go into a third of those bins organized by ROY G BIV with white and cream at the front and brown, gray and black at the back. This bin sits on my craft desk at the left of my work space...that way I reach for it easily/always. If the piece is taller than 6 inches, it doesn't go into the scrap bin....and I run the scraps dividers....just the color groups. I find it helps me use the scraps up and if I want to experiment with shape or color I go to this bin first.
I use the shorter in height bins of the same type to hold punches that don't fit my CD rack whale tail storage system or my lock down punch storage system.....
I also use them to collect materials I want to use for a particular that when I have time to work, the idea(photo print out or mag. tear), the hard ware, and ribbon are all in the bin...all I do is cut CS/DSP and I can quickly create. If I have an embossing folder need I sometimes place it in the bin also...punches stay on the shelf. Heat embossing powders and tool are sometimes in the bin too.....I find that I finish projects better when doing it this way and if I hit a snag with one, I can put the bin aside and go to another....I usually have 3 bins with planned projects in them.
c-mouse-If you can't say nuttin nice--don't say nuttin at all. Thumper.

Card Sketch Challenge 1-227 done only 396+ to go to be caught up!!!!!

-90 and sweating

Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!