Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 11-30-2012, 10:48 AM   #1  
Matboard Maniac

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Help - something to hold 2-3 mints

I need an idea of something quick and easy to make that will hold a couple of peppermints. I need to make 100 of these and need it easy enough that 1st graders can help. Thank you.
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-30-2012, 10:58 AM   #2  
Kookie Creator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

have you tried to look up the nugget boxes? there should be something there.
Just to a search on SCS. HTH
Betty
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-30-2012, 11:08 AM   #3  
Stampin' Fool

I don't know if you want to BUY any containers but at Michael's they sell the round "wedding favor" tins. I believe they come 30 to a package; so look for coupons. I used these to make a countdown to Christmas calendar a few years ago. They are easy to decorate with decorative paper and circle punches for the top.

Here's a link to the gallery showing the tins on a countdown calendar:
Days til Christmas by teamclara at Splitcoaststampers
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-30-2012, 11:28 AM   #4  
Creative Crew SU Design Team Alumni

If you want to buy, you can find some treat bags at Hobby Lobby. I have had good luck there.

If you want to make and have the kids help make them, the Stampin' Up Fancy favor die is very easy, of course it depends on the kids ages, some first grader will need more help than others but because it is already scored and cut, it is very easy to assemble. But you can add ribbon for a handle if you want a handle as well. Very cute. You can decorate the front or just use a paper pack and let the kids pick out the paper you use as well. One paper pack might make 80!!! (12x12 paper pack, each sheet cut in half!) And then you can always use the die for other things afterwards. That is if you already have a big shot! This is how I justified my fancy favor purchase!!!! LOl!!!The kids LOVE using the big shot!!!! I did a project last year with the big shot and the kids LOVED it!!!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-30-2012, 11:36 AM   #5  
Crimping Master

I was thinking you could probably just get some treat bags from Hobby Lobby and then put a topper on the top. You could do something that the kids could help decorate by either coloring or punching or even using the Sizzix Big Shot.

If you go to the Gallery and do a search for "treat bags" a ton of ideas will show up.

HTH
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-03-2012, 10:14 AM   #6  
Die Cut Diva

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I immediately thought of the Altoids smalls tins, but if you haven't been collecting them finding 100 could be a problem. :-)
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-03-2012, 10:32 AM   #7  
Rubber Obsessor

What about the little sour cream containers? I love those! I'm not sure if they can help or not, but it's worth looking into!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-03-2012, 10:41 AM   #8  
Pearl-ExPert

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Maybe go to Walmart (or other discount store) and buy some small zip-top clear plastic bags--often found in the beading section or the cake-decorating section. I think the 2 x 3 size would be perfect for 2-3 mints. They are often sold in packs of 100 for under $4.00.

Use pre-cut squares of cardstock in a variety of colors to make toppers that can be stapled to the top of the bags. If you have punches, punch out some shapes ahead of time that can be used--snowflakes, stockings, mittens, etc. Or cut out some simple shapes than can be assembled: small circles for building snowmen, three sizes of small triangles to stack as a Christmas tree, squares that can be decorated to look like presents, etc. Assemble a few as samples. Then let the children choose designs and let them assemble, or color with markers or crayons, etc.

I think these ideas would be inexpensive and relatively easy--although I admit that I've never worked with 1st graders, so what do I know?

Hope this helps.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-03-2012, 10:57 AM   #9  
Rubber Obsessor

Quote:

Originally Posted by blueheronView Post
Maybe go to Walmart (or other discount store) and buy some small zip-top clear plastic bags--often found in the beading section or the cake-decorating section. I think the 2 x 3 size would be perfect for 2-3 mints. They are often sold in packs of 100 for under $4.00.

Use pre-cut squares of cardstock in a variety of colors to make toppers that can be stapled to the top of the bags. If you have punches, punch out some shapes ahead of time that can be used--snowflakes, stockings, mittens, etc. Or cut out some simple shapes than can be assembled: small circles for building snowmen, three sizes of small triangles to stack as a Christmas tree, squares that can be decorated to look like presents, etc. Assemble a few as samples. Then let the children choose designs and let them assemble, or color with markers or crayons, etc.

I think these ideas would be inexpensive and relatively easy--although I admit that I've never worked with 1st graders, so what do I know?

Hope this helps.
That's a good idea too!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-03-2012, 06:31 PM   #10  
Stazon Splitcoast

For just a couple of peppermints I think the Sour Cream Containers are the best option. I haven't made them but the look pretty straightforward once you have everything cut to size.
Reply With Quote Likes