Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Closed Thread
Old 03-21-2006, 09:00 AM   #1  
Hot Wheels

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default I feel riped off!

Hi!

I need your advice on what to do, since i am not all that familliar with the consumer laws in the us. I ordered from an online store called wilde-ideas.com, and with my order i was supposed to get 2 free issues of a stamping magazine. I received the box, and in it was only the 2 stamping magazines and crumbled up paper!

I contacted the firm, and they told me that when they sendt the box to the post office, it weighed 2 pounds, and that is what the box wheighs with all the paper and the 2 mags. They are now claiming that someone has opened the box, closed it again, taken out what i've ordered and closed the bos and sendt it to me. How likely is that? It is also very easy to see that the box has not been opened before i opened it. Only one tape has been used to seal the box. Do i have any rights as a consumer regarding this, or is this a lost cause?
Cards made in 2010:60
I'm going to PORCHA!!
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Die Cut Diva

I am not real familiar with this stuff. But if you charged the purchase on a credit card then right now call your credit card company and tell them that you did not receive what you were promised. That basically puts a stop payment on the charge. Hope this helps.
All else fails e-mail the company and warn them that you are putting a discussion thread on a very popular website - SCS- warning people to not buy from their website. And then provide them with a link the discussion thread here on SCS. I would put in big bold letters in the title of the thread DO NOT BUY FROM WILDE-IDEAS.COM. And then tell people in the thread what happened to you.
Kookie Creator

I had a problem with this company too but it was more with their customer service. I won't ever order from them again!

Some time back I placed a large order that was eligible for free shipping for a Xyron and some refills. When I called them up to find out why my order was taking so long they told me that the item was no longer available. When they told me this on the phone I asked the lady if I should go on-line and ordered a different one or could she take my order - she said she could take my order. When I got my items and receipt there was charge for shipping and when I called them up to ask them about it they said that only items ordered on-line are eligible for free shipping. I was upset and asked her why the lady didn't tell me that on the phone and give me the choice as to whether I wanted to place the order myself to save the money on the shipping. Usually to keep a customer a company would go ahead and credit you the shipping but they would not -- so they lost my business forever and I've told all my friends not to order from them.

Debra
Gallery Gazer

I would call them again and complain. If you don't get the answer you want from the operator you talk to, ask to talk to her supervisor! I've ordered from them in the past but it was a small order and I didn't have any problems. Frustrating to say the least and time consuming too. Sorry for your problems.
Mad Swapper

I am so sorry that this has happened to you! It is awful when a company treats an American poorly, but when one of our distant neighbors in another country is shabbily treated, then it is just terrible!!!!!!! I hope that you will not think badly of all Americans now.....most of us are honest and upright citizens! Please, email them again and explain your situation. If that does not work, contact the Better Business Bureau in the city where the company is located.
Polyshrink Goddess

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Most companies also include in the package, a 'shipping order' or receipt that documents all the details of the purchase. If you have this & it only shows the 2 free items & nothing else - then it's pretty clear they did not ship you what was ordered. Unfortunate you are having this problem - I had looked at this site & was going to place an order. Feel free to let the person you talk to know that I will not be ordering from them. There are too many good companies selling this stuff - I won't deal with one with bad customer service & no interest in their customers.
Kitty
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 20 Likes on 20 Posts

I have ordered from them before, but will not do so again until I see on this forum that they have rectified the situation.
John 3:16
Hot Wheels

Hi guys!
The packiaging slip was inside the box, but it was really shabby looking. Someone had marked the items that i ordered with an x, and later scribbled over them again, like, this is a mistake. I told the person i was talking too about this, and they never answered to it again. We have had most of the communication on email, since it is expencive to call the us from norway, and they have been really condasending (sp?) towards me. In the last email, they wrote that i had to understand, that they could not give me a refund, because that would mean that everyone could just come and say; i didn't get what i payed for, give me my money back.
I think that was a very stupid thing to say, and shows an attitude towards customers that are really mind blowing!

I also talked to my bank, and when i buy something in the us, it takes so long for the item to reach me (up to 6 weeks), and by that time, they can't do anything about it.

I have done ALOT (imbarrased...lol) of online shopping, and this has been the only time, i have been treated as a liar! And i have never had a problem getting my money back if the company has made a mistake, but this company is saying: We don't ever make mistakes!

Stupid!
I'm going to PORCHA!!
The Digi-Freak

That's so junky of them!!!!!!!! Blah! I won't buy from them! Thanks for the warning!

Stazon Splitcoast

Sorry to hear about your awful experience. I won't ever buy from them. Thanks for the warning.
Crimping Master

I run a small mail order company from my home. First, you should definitely have your credit card company take the charge off your account. Explain that merchandise was omitted from the box and you have contacted the company without success in remedy. I would even keep track of all communication you've had as proof that you tried. Keep all associated materials that came with the box. Take a picture(s) of the box to show it was not mis-handled and that it only appears that one piece of tape was applied. This will be your easiest "proof" of what the box looked like. By keeping the materials and mags you can also prove the weight. The company will take note when they get a notice from the bank that a "claim" was made against the account. They will either ignore it or get you merchandise. Frankly, they may ignore it rather than pay shipping on merchandise back to you---global shipping costs can be HUGE!

The postal service process is generally secure and postal workers are too busy to be rifling through packages. I've had two packages, in the numerous I've sent, not make it in good order. Both were parcel post and got mangled on the conveyer belts, merchandise was lost. I've also had parcel post go missing--literally lost within a large postoffice. The delivery info says it arrived at the PO but it never leaves. I've seen enough strangeness now that I generally pony up the extra $ for priority mail. It is more reliable. Sorry, that is off topic.

HTH
Annette
http://stamponthis.com

What a bummer that they turned out to be such a bad apple of a company.

Annette
Matboard Maniac

To follow up on the better business bureau idea, you can reach them on line at http://www.bbb.org/ and file a complaint against the company. You can also check here to see if they have any other complaints pending against them. You may never get your money back but at least you'll know you're alerting others to their shoddy service on another venue as well. It sounds like they're losing a lot of business here and I'll get behind that as well! Thanks for saving the rest of us from a bad experience. Good luck!
Hardware Hotshot

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

better business bureau has a form to fill out to, and that gets sent to the company. Carolyn
Crimping Master

Quote:

Originally Posted by janelill
Hi guys!
I also talked to my bank, and when i buy something in the us, it takes so long for the item to reach me (up to 6 weeks), and by that time, they can't do anything about it.
Really?! I would contact them again with a copy of the statement with the transaction on it and a letter stating you paid in good faith (assuming the company would deliver said goods properly--albeit 6 weeks out). They did not and the credit should be issued to your account. I think they will act on that, well at least they should!

Annette
Stazon Splitcoast

Location: Mascoutah, Illinois, Living In My Own Home Finally!!-Hibiscus from my backyard in Hawaii
Received 88 Likes on 72 Posts

I think you should give this company a link to this forum, as Martha stated above. If they know that SCS has over 70,000 people on this website reading about how they treat their customer, I bet they will rethink giving you a refund!
Just a thought!
Gabfest Goddess

I agree with the other posters, I would not do business with a company that can't accept the fact that they may have made a mistake and make ammends to rectify that situation. Even if the offer is along the lines of "We are sorry that there seems to be a problem, we can offer you a ten dollar credit to your next order so you can give us a chance to show you a better side of us"
Megan arrived 3/16/09
Mad Swapper

I totally agree with what has been said and i am really sorry you were treated so shabbily by an American company. I am not familiar with the company, but it is really nice to know NOT to order from them! Many will read this thread and know to keep away from the company!!! Good luck with getting some positive action!!

Sue
Glitter Queen

Default Try the Attorney General's Office

If you didn't use a credit card and can't challenge the payment, try the Attorney General's Office of the state in which Wilde is located and also the Better Business Bureau. There's no teeth in the BBB but any unresolved complaints are posted and I check the website and if I see a pattern, I avoid those merchants.

So sorry to hear of your troubles - I have ordered from Wilde without difficulty. Their service was fast, accurate and I've been very happy. Hope you get things resolved.
Mad Swapper

I had a bad experience with an online scrapbook site not long ago. I preordered some things in July of '05 that were to be in around Set of '05. I never received those products. I would email and I was told often that they themselves had not received the items. I waited and waited. Finally at the end of Jan '06... I sent her an email and inquired about my things. She would never respond. I kept sending emails and still no response. So, I went to the site, which has a message board and left a review of their site. That got her attention, at least enough to ban me from their site totally. Well, that really got under my skin, so I say down and typed up a very informative email about my rights as a consumer and internet transactions. It just basically said that I am a member of several online communites and I would add to my siggy line about the bad service that I received from the company, I would be contacting the Better Business Bureau, and I would contact her local Police Dept about internet fraud. It must have done the trick, that night I had a refund in my PayPal account. I wish you the best of luck and I hope the company reconsiders and will send you your items or refund your money.
Forum Fanatic

There is a website called www.fraud.org if you go to their webpage they have streamlined the complaint process. If I were you, I would write one last email to Wilde Ideas saying that you have done everything you can to rectify the situation in a respectful manner, and their refusal to do the same leaves you with no choice but to file a complaint at fraud.org for internet fraud. Give Wilde Ideas a day or two, and if they still don't respond to you then file a complaint at www.fraud.org. You will need to fill out their straightforward online complaint form, and then they will forward the complaint to the appropriate law enforcement agencies for you.

I had been browsing Wilde Ideas and considering ordering from them, but now that I have heard how they are treating you, I will not do so unless they start acting professionally.
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Before knocking this company and swearing off them, I've had excellent experience with them. The OP is from Norway and that may make a huge difference. Sending a packgage overseas is much more risky. I'm not necessarily defending Wilde Ideas (no affiliation) but posts like this can literally ruin a company and I thought I would just comment on the overseas nature and my good experience with them.
Mad Swapper

I think it's totally ridiculous for them to accuse her of stealing. Why be in an online business when all of your transactions would be done by mail? Their customer service return policy of "anyone could just steal it and say they didn't receive it." would apply to everyone they ship to stateside or overseas!

Don't let them get away with it. I would write a full explanation the BBB and also include copies of their rude emails, and your emails just to be fair.

If companies do not want to ship to international buyers, then they should just say so up front!

If your box was checked by US customs, then there would have been a note inside the box and it would have explained what the reasons were and the results of their search was. They do not tamper with receipts or the contents, just check for illegal items.

Is it possible that Norwegian customs got into the box? You did say it appeared not to be tampered with though.

Good luck getting a positive result. I would simply ask for a full refund and accept nothing less because you did not receive anything. The magazines were supposed to be free anyway.
SCS RAK Coordinator Alumna

Received 44 Likes on 40 Posts

My two cents ....

Although I haven't used fraud.org, I have used the BBB before for assistance dealing with a company- it was a very positive experience. Although the company was not honest in their replies to the BBB, it took me less than 2 weeks to rectify the situation with a positive outcome- something I was unable to do for 4+ months on my own.

Good luck,
Karan

BRAK Volunteer The Birthday RAK is always accepting new members- check it out!
Matboard Maniac

I also had a problem with Wilde-Ideas too. I ordered my Carl Cutter from them. I also ordered all of the decorative cutting blades so my order was a good sized order. On their website they offered a free hand cutter with a Carl Cutter. When I received my order I did not get the hand cutter so I emailed them. They didn't answer so I called them. They said there was a place I had to check to get the free cutter and if I didn't do that I couldn't have the free hand cutter. I didn't see any place to do that. They told me that they couldn't give me the cutter if I hadn't done that. It must have been hid in a place not easily seen so they could advertise it but not have to give them away. I thought at the time that just stunk! They could have just as easily sent me the cutter since I had purchased the other merchandise and I am in Florida where they are and the shipping wouldn't have cost them very much. After hearing of the other problems with their company, I will not order from them again. We used to have a mail order business and we always took our customers word if they were missing an item and made sure that they got it. I won't order from Wilde-Ideas again!! There are too many good companies out there to get the same merchandise and I do a lot of online shopping.
cre8nart

Sounds like Wilde Ideas may be wildly dishonest by the several negative reports about them given here. Thanks for the head's up - I, for one, will not buy from them, unless you report a successful resolution to this matter! As a matter of fact, I had bookmarked their site, because I had planned to give them some business, but after this, I think I'll go ahead and delete their URL from my computer.

Matboard Maniac

Location: in my stampin room where all is right with the world

I too was ready to place a rather large order with this company, But will not unless it is posted that they made this right with you, and then may only place a little order to see how they treat me. What a joke, and like everyone else is saying there are too many good online companies out there to deal with this. Good luck and thanks for the heads-up!!!

Do not be afraid of tomorrow, God is already there!!
Stampin' Fool

Default I feel riped off

I'm sorry to hear that you've had a bad experience. I've been ordering from Wilde Ideas for many years and have always had a pleasant experience.
I have recommended them to many people because of the prompt shipments, and have had no problems. I received a wrong item once, and it was promptly replaced.

May I suggest that you insure items, then you would have some protection if someone else tampers with your package.

I have no connection or affiliation with them. Eileen
Rubber Obsessor

I had ordered from them years ago, ordered my 1200 and refil. didn't have a problem then, but won't order now seeing this

JMJ
Cardstock Collector

This is a great company...I have ordered from them on numerous occasions with no problems...it bothers me to see this post...this problem needs to be resolved btween the customer and the company..This is flaming..
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

Originally Posted by JMJ
This is a great company...I have ordered from them on numerous occasions with no problems...it bothers me to see this post...this problem needs to be resolved btween the customer and the company..This is flaming..
The OP stated that she tried to sort it out with the company and they were extremely unhelpful. She was only asking for advice on where she could turn for help in resolving the matter.
She stated the facts and did not flame, IMHO.
Just because you had a wonderful experience, does not mean that everyone does. There are always problems in a big company and it is their responsibility to try and deal with an unhappy customer, which they don't seem to be doing.
Just my 2 cents.

Stazon Splitcoast

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

You know, I don't think the OP was flaming either. She has the right to be angry and to post about it. I posted my positive experience, but I haven't bought from them in a long time. Interestingly, the OP was quoted on yet another stamping board and a bunch of folks came to Wilde Ideas defense. I hope the issue gets resolved -- the internet has a way of spreading information extremely fast.
Cardstock Collector

Default Complaints

As the co-owner of Wilde-ideas, I felt it important to respond to this highly biased, if not libelous, commentary from "Jane in Norway" by offering the side of the story she is not revealing. It has been mentioned that this dispute over a shipment could have been handled better between the customer and our company. After receiving her first telephone call and subsequent email, we restaged her entire order and verified that the shipping weight matched the receipt/weight from the post office. This means the complete order left our operation. I personally take all international shipments to the post office and distinctly remember the "rattle" of her package, and the counter clerk at the Post Office also mentioned the "rattle". The order included the PBS 500 Personal Rollabind Punch, two packs of Rollabind Discs, and a FREE VSN magazine. This package made a considerable amount of noise. The reason this order "stands out" is originally the customer requested it to ship in a large global priority envelope. Because the punch was too long, we had to convert the shipment to a corrugated box and pre-stage the order to get the correct shipping weight and cost and wait for her to reply to our email authorizing it to be shipped in a box at additoinal cost. She agreed. After researching this complaint, we determined that the order had shipped correctly and the shortage of items was due to theft in-transit. As clearly stated on our website in three (3) separate areas, including our checkout page, "All items purchased and shipped from Wilde-Ideas� are fulfilled in accordance with a Shipment Contract. This means that the risk of loss and title for such items pass to you, the customer, upon our delivery to the carrier (any third-party carrier contracted for such services such as the U.S. Postal Service, United Parcel Service, Federal Express, Airborne, DHL, etc.) and Wilde-Ideas� is held harmless against all Loss/Damage Claims involving all third-party carriers and will not provide remedy for any claims for lost, damaged or stolen merchandise during transit on any uninsured shipments. Since the customer declined (optional & recommended) USPS Loss/Damage insurance, she knowingly accepted the risk of loss. We carefully reseach all transactions to insure that any alleged problem are not our fault before we issue a response. Had it been proven that the package weight was incorrect and we had not shipped the correct merchandise, we would have replaced the missing items immediately and without question and shipped them, of course, at our expense. This, however, was not the case. This customer has admitted she elected **NOT** to insure her shipment, stating "I've never had a problem before". She knowingly gambled by not specifying USPS Loss/Damage Insurance as provided during checkout (a cost of $2.30 for her shipment), and unfortunately, in this instance she lost.
Die Cut Diva

The OP was not flaming. She was looking for some help. After seeing the company response, I certainly would never buy from them.
Matboard Maniac

I agree with WMDStamp. It would have been much cheaper to refund this than lose the stamping addicts on this site!

Never ask a woman her age, weight or how many stamp sets she owns. She will lie about all of them.
*Goal: weight
Hot Wheels

Thank you all for answering me!

I do feel helpless in this case. I took the box to my post office today, and they to agreed with me that the box had not been opened. If the box had been opened in norwegian customs, they would have posted a sticker to tell me so, and they would have used a tape that had the letters of the norwegian customs.

As for the co-owner, i chose an option of a large global priority envelope because that was an option given to me at the chechout of the store. I then got an email saying it wouldn't fit in an envelope and that i had to pay a higher shipping. I said ok, is that me being a difficult customer? Is it my fault that it didn't fit in the envelope?

I find it strange that someone can say that this is caused by theft in transit! If i were a thief, i would steal the entire box, not fill it up with paper so that it would have the correct weight. That to me is not logical, sorry, i do NOT believe you!!!

As for the insurance option; this does not apply to that insurance! This insurance is only valid if the box doesn't get to me, if i received a damaged box or item, not when the box gets to me UNOPENED filled with paper!

So i just wonder, if i receive an unopened box, that has the same weight as it did when someone sendt it to me, isn't it very likely that they sendt me just paper? Or can the item fly out of the box?
I'm going to PORCHA!!
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

Originally Posted by stampinwilde
... and unfortunately, in this instance she lost.
So your attitude is "too bad, so sad"? I wouldn't buy from you again either.
Forum Fanatic

I think Jane has made some very valid points.

I dabble in mail-order purchases and will now be triply careful of any companies based in Florida, home of the infamous Tracfone fraud. My time spent browsing a store website and any money I spend on orders is too valuable to be told "Sucks to be you" when something goes wrong.
Matboard Maniac

Quote:

Originally Posted by Consuelo
So your attitude is "too bad, so sad"?
I think that is totally their attitude. At least that was their attitude when I had to call them about not receiving the hand Carl Cutter free with my order. It looks like it should have automatically been added at checkout without having to search for it! IMHO. When you are in the mail order business you try to satisfy your customers and people shipping merchandise do make mistakes!! Wilde-Ideas is going to lose out and that is too bad that they are so uncooperative about the problems.
Crimping Master

"Too bad, so sad" is definitely not an appropriate customer service policy. Nordstom wins the top of the top customer service award nearly every year they award it, because they go the distance to ensure the customer complaint is taken care of. They won the award one year because a customer complained that he/she picked up a nail in their new tire in the Nordstrom parking lot and wanted a refund for the tire. The store refunded the money for the tire and we all know that they sell nothing even close to automotive goods! Amazing. I know small companies can't afford to take back tires they didn't sell, but there is plenty they can do remedy ordering problems. They should look at all their "successful" order volume and just accept that sometimes things do go wrong and extra expenses are incurred. IMHO

Annette
Polar Bear Patrol

Quote:

Originally Posted by Joan B
Before knocking this company and swearing off them, I've had excellent experience with them. The OP is from Norway and that may make a huge difference. Sending a packgage overseas is much more risky. I'm not necessarily defending Wilde Ideas (no affiliation) but posts like this can literally ruin a company and I thought I would just comment on the overseas nature and my good experience with them.
well if they are trying to rip Jane off, then let it ruin their company. I don't care is Jane was a customer in the US or in Timbuktu, she deserves the same respect as any custoemr ordering from this company!!! I won't buy a product from this company unless the situation is rectified and will tell everyone I know not to do so either.