Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 11-25-2012, 04:11 PM   #1  
Proud Fan Club Member

Received 1,716 Likes on 649 Posts
Default SU Holiday catty

Just wondering what favourites you have ordered from the holiday catalogue? I am on the fence about certain items and need a push, lol. Are you happy with the holiday frame and coordinations cardstock and what color(s) you recommend for instance. And there are other things i am thinking of too, lol.

Shirl
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-25-2012, 05:36 PM   #2  
Hardware Hotshot

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

On the Holiday Frame embossing folder - love the look, but some have had issues with it wrinkling cardstock as it goes through. There have been suggested workarounds and tips to get it coming out smoothly, but just letting you know that in advance.

Core'dinations cardstock - I have used the cardstock before, but not SU's yet. I like it. It gives extra oomph to your embossing when you sand it, and is fun when you tear the edges for a distressed look. As to colors - not sure how you narrow it down. Brown looks great with monochromatic and vintage looks or with the woodgrain embossing folder (also from the Holiday mini!) or get red and it'll do double-duty between Christmas and Valentine's Day coming up.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-25-2012, 05:39 PM   #3  
Polyshrink Goddess

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I love my Scensational Holiday with framelits bundle, and I am thinking of stocking up on the champagne glimmer paper.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-26-2012, 02:45 AM   #4  
Gabfest Goddess

Received 588 Likes on 240 Posts

I have brown and red SU! Core-dinations cs and I love them both. They are a bit different from core'dinations sold in pads at craft stores, same color on both sides, lighter in the middle. The brown is a more dramatic effect when embossed and I have used both colors quite a bit this Christmas season.
Mary Beth
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-26-2012, 06:03 AM   #5  
Creative Crew SU Design Team Alumni

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Love the core'dinations cardstock. So many different ways to use it! I have the brown and green ... and use both. The green is subtle ... The brown is absolutely fantastic when paired with the wood embossing folder! Here's an example ... Christmas ornament by basketballmom - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-27-2012, 08:03 AM   #6  
Polyshrink Goddess

Love the coredinations - I got all three colors. I also love the Woodgrain Embossing folder with the Espresso. It also makes a great barn siding with the Cherry Cobbler. Snow Flurry Bigz Snowflake die is awesome! It cuts the glitter paper without having to take of the backing. . I was not going to get the Merry Minis and Punch Pack, but I have seen such cute cards with them that I may have to cave in.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-27-2012, 08:24 PM   #7  
Proud Fan Club Member

Thanks for your opinions about the coredinations cardstock. And yes, the merry minis and punch pack- i didn't think I wanted it either but now I do.

Shirl
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-28-2012, 04:49 AM   #8  

I think it would be easier to say what didn't you like about the Holiday catalog!!!!! I love it all!!!!!

First and foremost....framelits!!! I love framelits!!! It makes cutting easy! Great results!! Easy to store!

Ornament Keepsakes bundle....love the framelits and stamps! So many possiblities! I have made Christmas ornaments, halloween ornaments, and even a Fourth of July ornament! (you can search for them on my blog if you are interested in seeing them)

I love the Snowflake Soiree set. Pretty snowflakes. I have a make and take shown on my blog that is a GREAT simple card! Simple and easy but pretty!!! You can use this set for Christmas or for winter cards or scrapbook layouts!

The coredination card stock is great! You NEED both colors!!! ;) I agree with Gail, the Early Expresso looks great with the woodgrain folder.

I have not gotten the merry mini stamp set and punch set yet but it is going on my next order. You can see LOTS of projects with these two on my pinterest board!! I didn't think I needed it....I do now!!!!

I love the mitten builder set. I have the stocking punch and set from last year so I think the mittens go with it well.

I love the snowflake die! I am doing a project with my son's school with soda cans!!! I should some pictures up next week!!

I love the scentsational season bundle. It has framelits!!!

I didn't get it but I think the Traditional Touches stamp is really cute!!! I love the idea of using it in light ink behind things!

You NEED the champagne glimmer paper!!!! Who doesn't???

Border Banter is a great add on set! It doesn't really stand alone well but it is a great add on to your project!!!

The Festival of prints paper stack is a great way to get a lot of paper!!! I am using this pack on my christmas cards!

Wondrous Wishes is one of my favorites! It just looks so classic Christmas to me!!!

The Illuminate glimmer ink is one of the best purchases I made!!! I love love love this ink!!!! Lots of possiblities!!!

One of my favorite bundles was the ghoulish Googlies! It is halloween but a great set that I used many times!!!

My favorite bundle was the Perfectly Preserved bundle....I have had the best time figuring out what I can fit in that little jar!!!!

I love the window frames collections framelits! They are a great set!!

I love the embossing powders in the holiday catalog. I love the Early Expresso and Gumball Green. The gumball green looks great on Real Red cs!!!!

Now....do you need anymore help spending money!!!!!! LOL!!!!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-28-2012, 09:08 AM   #9  
Proud Fan Club Member

Oh, lol, you are right. It IS easier to think what I don't like! Thanks for your post. Now I will go check out your blog.

Thanks again,
Shirl
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-28-2012, 09:23 AM   #10  

And I didn't list all of it!!! Really, I had to look at this catty and see if there was anything that I didn't have!!!! I am more of a Fall person, so that is a big draw for me. And who doesn't like Christmas stuff.
Surprising, I thought that I wouldn't like the Spring catty as much since normally it isn't my thing. Oh boy, was I wrong!!! Lots of cool stuff coming up too!!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-28-2012, 12:12 PM   #11  
Kookie Creator

I got the Ornaments bundle and the Merry Minis stamps and punch set. I actually got two of the punch set because I was afraid of wearing out the first one on my first project.

And the Frightening Feline for the past Halloween.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-28-2012, 12:18 PM   #12  
Polyshrink Goddess

[QUOTE=binkiemonstermom;19853796]And I didn't list all of it!!! Really, I had to look at this catty and see if there was anything that I didn't have!!!! I am more of a Fall person, so that is a big draw for me. And who doesn't like Christmas stuff.
Surprising, I thought that I wouldn't like the Spring catty as much since normally it isn't my thing. Oh boy, was I wrong!!! Lots of cool stuff coming up too!!![/QUOTE]

OOOHH.... Don't say that! The Holiday catty is my favorite too since christmas is my main thing. Here I thought I was going to be able to slow down once it was done.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-28-2012, 05:06 PM   #13  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 83 Likes on 37 Posts

I just got the Merry Minis stamp set and matching punches and I love them. I also love the Coredination Cardstock, no way I could pick just one color. Ok maybe if I was thinking logically I would get the Cherry Cobbler because I could use it for Valentine's Day too.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-26-2013, 09:15 AM   #14  
Rubber Obsessor

Did you see the new spring catalogue? Some of the stuff from the holiday mini are still available! Yeah! I can still get a couple of things that I missed.

I'm kinda sad cause I forgot to order the mitten stamp set and the mitten punch and now it's done. They weren't in the spring one...
I got all wrapped up in the holiday season that i forgot to get that one.
Drats! :confused:
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-26-2013, 02:48 PM   #15  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Quote:

Originally Posted by mayjoynstampView Post
Did you see the new spring catalogue? Some of the stuff from the holiday mini are still available! Yeah! I can still get a couple of things that I missed.

I'm kinda sad cause I forgot to order the mitten stamp set and the mitten punch and now it's done. They weren't in the spring one...
There is still a possibility that that punch and stamp set will appear in the new annual catalog which comes out June 1st. Unfortunately we won't know for sure until then! The mitten punch/stamp set were two of my favorite items in the mini this time around! Keep your fingers crossed!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-26-2013, 10:34 PM   #16  
Hardware Hotshot

Quote:

Originally Posted by mayjoynstampView Post

I still want the stockings and punch from a year ago! :p
Reply With Quote Likes