Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 10-08-2012, 06:58 PM   #1  
Rubber Obsessor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question NEED HELP FINDING A STAMP

Ok,I know this is really reaching but you all are my last hope, at a recent stamp show in the twin cities area I saw a christmas card featuring two little children (boy & girl) holding hands and one holding an oldfashioned lantern out in front (it looked like a smaller stamp was used like maybe 2x2)the women working the booth said they had sold the last stamp when I asked what company it was from she said she couldn't give me that info there but if I called her store she could help me. Well I've called 3 or 4 times and she says she can't recall which stamp I'm talking about. I don't know why she is giving me the run around, I want to buy the darn thing. Anyway, if anyone out there can give me an idea where to start, I would really appreciate it. Another lady standing behind me thought it might be from Memory Box, but I've gone to their website and didn't see it. Thanks for any ideas.
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-08-2012, 08:24 PM   #2  
Die Cut Diva

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Sorry, I can't help you. I tried googling but didn't find anything. This happened to me before as well and it is very frustrating. I don't understand why she wouldn't just give you the name of the company. If she thought she was protecting her sales and thought you would come to her store to buy it, well now she's blown that out of the water now hasn't she?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-09-2012, 02:06 AM   #3  
Polyshrink Goddess

What style is the image drawn in? Does it look like a photo? Like an old vintage postcard? Is it cartoony looking? Is it hand drawn and sketchy looking?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-09-2012, 02:28 PM   #4  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

Maybe call her back and describe the card itself. The woman might actually not remember. Maybe she couldn't give you that information at the time 'cause she just didn't know.

This stamp doesn't sound familiar to me.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-10-2012, 04:22 AM   #5  
Rubber Obsessor

I did better than call her, I went up to her store and asked her about it, she said she never had a sample of such a card at the show, so anyway I was browsing her store and found a couple of flower stamps and some adhesive and as I was about to check out I noticed the card on her display shelf in back of the counter. I said that's the card I was talking about and the image is what I wanted to buy. She looked really sick (I mean she looked so pale I knew I had caught her in a fib) then she told me it was a card she had received last year for Christmas and has no idea what the image is or who made it. I asked if she couldn't ask the lady who sent her the stamp and she said it wouldn't be polite, she couldn't do that. So I left wishing I had taken my camera with me so I could at least have a picture of it. Got home and duhhhh it dawned on me that I could have taken it with my cell. I'm going back this weekend and get a picture of it if she hasn't put it away. I sure don't understand why she felt she couldn't ask but I give up.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-10-2012, 04:25 AM   #6  
Rubber Obsessor

No, it was just a cute little stamped image, it looked like SU style that may have been retired maybe. Oh well as I said in my other reply, I'm going back and get a picture so I can post it. It probably is a retired stamp or something. Thanks for your input, I really appreciate it.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-10-2012, 05:18 AM   #7  
Stampin' Fool

What a weird story! Why is she being so cagey? I thought it sounded a bit like Greeting Card Kids by SU but no lantern...
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-10-2012, 08:23 AM   #8  
Crimping Master

First she said they were sold out of the stamp, then she couldn't remember the stamp at all. Next, she said the stamp was on a card from a woman who would be insulted if asked for the name. So she wasn't truthful in the first place and the massive cover-up has her in a bind. "Oh what a tangled web we weave...." You MUST keep us informed as the mystery unfolds...that is, IF the card is still there when you return. haha Good luck!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-10-2012, 09:35 AM   #9  
Rubber Obsessor

I think the whole thing stems from the fact that she was displaying a card she didn't make or have the materials to make and may not even had permission to display at a Stamp & Scrapbook show by who ever did make it. She thought if anyone inquired on at the show she could just say that they had sold the last stamp and figured no one would would be the wiser. The store is a nice store but I've noticed on the couple of times that I've been there I'll see a card I like and want to purchase the stamps she doesn't have them because she's sold all she had in stock, I'll look inside the card to see the recipe and there won't be one. She is a nice lady and well it's just a stamp, but I am going back to get a picture if it's still there.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-10-2012, 07:18 PM   #10  
Polyshrink Goddess

Was it this one by Stampendous:

Stampendous Christmas 'Little Angels' Cling Rubber Stamp | Overstock.com
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-10-2012, 07:21 PM   #11  
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

Originally Posted by Holly440View Post

Awwwwww, that is SO CUTE!!!

I'm curious as heck now, to know if this was the stamp, and if not, what the stamp looks like!!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-10-2012, 10:49 PM   #12  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen Alumni
SCS Gallery Moderator
Splitcoast Challenge Hostess
Teapot Tuesday TEAm

Received 1,051 Likes on 811 Posts

I'm curious too!! Because surely the whole point of displaying cards on a stand at a show is to HELP sell product, not to make it next to impossible!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-10-2012, 11:44 PM   #13  
Stazon Splitcoast

Hey Corkey, don't wait 'til the weekend - just go back TODAY and post a photo - I WANT TO KNOW!!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-11-2012, 06:16 AM   #14  
Rubber Obsessor

Holly, OH MY GOSH that's it, I can't thank you enough. I should know by now if I need help just go to Splitcoast and I'll get it. Thank you sooooooooo much, you just saved me a 25 mile trip to get that picture. Thanks again,
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-11-2012, 06:19 AM   #15  
Rubber Obsessor

I'm going to order it today, that way I know I'll have it. Thanks again.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-11-2012, 06:49 AM   #16  
Stampin' Fool

What an incredible and "odd" story. I am glad that you think overall this woman runs a "nice" store. It sounds like she could use a little "Business 101" training. Perhaps she is struggling to stay afloat in this online shopping society but she should not resort to lying to her customers. Even if she is displaying cards with images she doesn't carry she could find the information and have it available to give to a customer if someone asks. If she can't just order one stamp from one company as a special request I would certainly respect her more and continue to buy OTHER things from her if she was helpful in locating an item I wanted but she didn't or couldn't carry in her own store.

Glad you were helped by this wonderful crafty community we have out here!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-11-2012, 07:09 AM   #17  
Stazon Splitcoast

I'm sooooo relieved that this story had a happy and satisfactory ending!!!!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-11-2012, 12:21 PM   #18  
Rubber Obsessor

By the way, I did buy the two flower stamps and the adhesive, and have decided to still go back there this weekend and shop somemore, when I go to check out I'm going to tell her that just in case anyone else asks about the card,that I got help online from Splitcoast chat line and the stamp is from Stampendous . I hate to see any of the small stores go out of business, shopping on line is great but nothing like going in a store and being able to pick something up and that smell of all that cardstock wow, ya just can't beat it

Thanks everyone for all of your help and suggestions I really appreciated all of your input. I'll let you know how it goes on Saturday and I'll still take a picture of the card and post it if it's still up there. Corkey
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-11-2012, 12:55 PM   #19  
Rubber Obsessor

Thumbs up

Just wanted to let all of you know that I ordered the "Little Angels" stamp and I should receive it in 5 to 7 days. YIPPEE can't explain why a tiny little stamp can make me so happy but it does, just to know despite all the roadblocks I found the stamp with all of your help.

Thanks you all again, Corkey
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-11-2012, 07:48 PM   #20  
Crimping Master

You'll never get rid of that stamp because you'll always be able to tell the story!!
Best wishes!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-12-2012, 03:57 AM   #21  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 290 Likes on 114 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by corkeyView Post
Just wanted to let all of you know that I ordered the "Little Angels" stamp and I should receive it in 5 to 7 days. YIPPEE can't explain why a tiny little stamp can make me so happy but it does, just to know despite all the roadblocks I found the stamp with all of your help.

Thanks you all again, Corkey
It's like they say: "It's the little things that make life BIG." I'm sure that each of us has a "tiny thing" that warms our heart - I know I do! Great story, and I admire your attitude toward small local businesses in general, and this LSS in particular. I'm not sure I'd feel quite so generous towards them...

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-12-2012, 05:31 AM   #22  
Rubber Obsessor

Ya, I know what you mean, I'll visit the store again because it is brick and mortor but I won't get excited if I see a card sample that I like, if it doesn't have a recipe inside or on the back I'll figure she doesn't have it. It's so sad because just in the last two years I've seen 15 brick & mortor that were in driveable distance close down, one was due to the owner passing away but the rest just couldn't compete with online stores. Some of them were great stores too, I guess we stampers are taking in the stamps shows etc but when it comes to purchases we are going online, I know I catch myself order more and more on line. I do look forward to the stamp shows that come to my area each year, I get great ideas and I do pick up some great stamps and supplies but I still feel there's nothing better than being able to pick up a stamp, ink pad, cardstock, or other items etc and see it first hand.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-12-2012, 06:33 AM   #23  
Pearl-ExPert

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have a LSS within walking distance of me. I, also, try and support this store. Actually, the owner is a neighbor so even more so. She claims, and I think she is correct, that she is the only LSS within my city! Sad, I know. She is struggling but she has been in business 8 yrs. and plans on staying in business by carefully watching her inventory.

I belong to a church craft group. I try to mention her store if someone asks where I got something I have used on a swap card. (Of course, it has to be from her store.) In fact, our group met at her store one month last year and will be there again next month. Her only request is that we pay $6/person for use of the space or buy $6/person in merchandise.

Last year, my friend and I planned a 'shop hop'. From a long list a member gave me, I called the phone numbers listed and only got through to 6/7 stores. One owner said she wasn't open because of water damage. Of the stores we did visit, 2 are no longer in business. :(
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-12-2012, 08:15 AM   #24  
Polyshrink Goddess

All's well that ends well

I'm happy to hear that you've found the stamp.
I saw some really cute cards (online) made with this stamp.
Would love for you to post yours too.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-12-2012, 11:36 AM   #25  
Rubber Obsessor

Holly, where on line is it at the Stempendous website? I sure will post mine when I receive the stamp. I already have a card design in mind and I can't wait.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-12-2012, 11:39 AM   #26  
Rubber Obsessor

I envy you, I used to belong to a stamp group but people kept dropping out until it was decided there weren't enough to keep the group going (me and one other lady) anyway I hope your friend keeps her store going, and I would be more than willing to pay the $6 even if I bought over $6 in stuff.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-12-2012, 01:26 PM   #27  
Polyshrink Goddess

I checked out the images on a google search for the stamp:

stampendous little angels stamp - Google Search

http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&c...le+angels+card

Last edited by Holly440; 10-12-2012 at 01:30 PM..
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-13-2012, 08:52 AM   #28  
Rubber Obsessor

Thanks Holly
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-16-2012, 04:02 PM   #29  
Rubber Obsessor

Update about that card, I went back to the store on Saturday and guess what the card wasn't anywhere to be found. There was a different lady working, she said she's only there on weekends and couldn't remember any card with two angels. She said she check in the back room, still no card. Then she said she'd check with the owner on Monday and get back to me. Well yesterday I received a call from the owner and she asked if I was the lady who had been up to her store asking about that stamp, said she knew the card I was asking about and it was a personal card that she received from one of her long time customers and didn't know what the stamp was or who the manufacturer was. That's when I told her that's okay because I'd gone online to Splitcoast Stampers and asked for help to identify a stamp and gave a discription, within a day I had lots of responses and someone identified the stamp as being made by Stampendous and even given a link where I could purchase it. I've ordered it and it should be coming within a couple of days. She then had the nerve to say she hoped I'd visit her store again. I was to polite to say anything but good bye.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-16-2012, 11:29 PM   #30  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen Alumni
SCS Gallery Moderator
Splitcoast Challenge Hostess
Teapot Tuesday TEAm

Received 1,051 Likes on 811 Posts

I'm glad the stamp is on the way to you. I still think it's strange that she would have had the card on display at the show if it was a personal card and she wasn't selling the stamp, but at least you have a sweet stamp at the end of it all.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-17-2012, 06:59 AM   #31  
Stazon Splitcoast

Corkey, you MUST post a link to the card(s) you make with this stamp once you get it!!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-26-2012, 08:11 AM   #32  
Rubber Obsessor

YIPPEE, I received the stamp in this mornings mail, I'll work on the card I have in mind this weekend and hopefully post it on Monday, THANK YOU EVERYONE for all of your help and suggestions and a special "thank you" to Holly who sent me the link so I could order it. Marge
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-06-2012, 02:24 PM   #33  
Rubber Obsessor

Hi everyone, no I haven't forgotten about my promise to download my card after it's finished, but my husbands sister passed away suddenly then I came down with the flu so I haven't been near my stamp room for awhile. I plan to get busy starting tomorrow catching up on cards I need to make etc and I will make my "Little Angels" card and get it downloaded I promise. Marge
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-06-2012, 02:33 PM   #34  
Stazon Splitcoast

Oh gosh, SORRY to hear about your husband's sister!!!!!! How tragic!!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-06-2012, 04:37 PM   #35  
Pearl-ExPert

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

We all would love to see what you create with your stamp but first things first.

Please take care of family and yourself.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-11-2012, 11:15 AM   #36  
Rubber Obsessor

Hi everyone,well I finally took time today to make my card and upload it to "my gallery" under Christmas Ideas. Hope you can find it. I know one thing I'm going to do different when I use it to make my Christmas cards, I'll use white puff paint for the cuffs,scarves and wings. I used a glitter pen on the one I uploaded and I don't like the looks of it, came out pink. But you can get the idea anyway. Marge
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-11-2012, 08:21 PM   #37  
Rubber Obsessor

I just looked at the card you made. It is so cute. I am glad you got your stamp. Blessings to you.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-28-2013, 10:56 AM   #38  
Rubber Obsessor

I know this post is from awhile back but thought I'd give you all an update, I just learned that the stamp store that was so stingy with info is going out of business, can't say I'm suprised but I'm sad at the same time because the brick and mortar stores are slowly going by the wayside and I do love to actually go into a store and see stuff in person, I do use the internet quite a bit to buy stamps and supplies but there's nothing better than going into a store and being able to see the items first hand.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-28-2013, 11:30 AM   #39  
Stazon Splitcoast

Well, sorry to hear that. All of the stamp stores are gone from my city as well.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-28-2013, 01:24 PM   #40  
Polyshrink Goddess

I just wanted to say that I ended up buying that stamp due to your post.
Reply With Quote Likes