Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 11-02-2012, 09:28 AM   #1  
Glitter Queen

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default can a SU demo help me out please?

I was a demo for quite a while. Purely a hobby demo, I did it mostly for the discount. I quit when I stopped having "disposable" income to spend on stamps and craft stuff, and I pretty much quit crafting all together when I went back to school.

It's been five years, I think (it may be closer to 6, actually). I miss it terribly. I have all of my stuff, it's finally put into an organized system that I don't get lost in. And I'm contemplating becoming a demo again. But I have questions. I know there's a SU Demo only forum on here, but I don't have access since I'm not a demo. So I'm asking here.

I know I don't have a ton of time to devote to workshops, even though I would love to do them. Eventually, I'd like to be a demo who does workshops and things like that, cause they're super fun. But I doubt it would be any time soon, since I'm a student and will be moving home after I finish my degree.

Anyway, here are my questions:

1) Do you automatically get a website or do you have to pay for it? If you have one, do you automatically get listed in the demo search? I don't know a lot of people who stamp like I do, so I'd be sort of doing this blind in a way.

2) Minimums are still $300 a quarter, right?

3) I'd be mostly a "hobby" demo, just for the discount. But are there any other hobby demos that do like, 1 workshop a quarter to help meet their minimums? Is that possible?

4) Would the person I sign up under get a commission from the sales I do?

Thank you in advance!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-02-2012, 09:32 AM   #2  
Watercolor Wizard

you must pay for a website if you want it - not everyone has one. I believe that you must have a website to do a search unless you alredy know the name of the demo you are searching for

In the US the minimums are $300 per quarter. If you sign up now you will have until March 2013 to sell $300

Your upline may make commissions, depending on her own personal sales.

Hope this helps...Good luck!
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-02-2012, 09:41 AM   #3  
Rubber Obsessor

I'm a hobby demo - I don't do workshops (I tried blogging about stampin' up! only products but it just wasn't working for me). I end up spending my minimum each quarter but sometimes a friend has a couple of sets she wants too so I will order them and that helps a little bit of my cost. I do blog regularly featuring some stampin' up! products though, so I'm hoping someone will want to order through me at some point. Oh, and I got rid of my website after the free 2 month trial. Not worth the cost for me if I wasn't holding workshops to gain customers.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-02-2012, 11:58 AM   #4  
Creative Crew SU Design Team Alumni

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

You can get two months of the website for free if you sign up for it within two weeks of joining SU!

With the Ink-redible promotion (getting a free family of inkpads when you join), this is a great time to join!

If you don't know people who stamp ... ask your friends and fellow students to your first party ... and teach them to love stamping.
If you are missing the stamping, then go for it. SU! has changed/modernized quite a bit since five years ago.

Use the Demo Locator to find a demo near you as an upline (if you don't have one already chosen).
For $99, you'll get $125 worth of product, PLUS the inkpads (not sure how much they are in the States). That's a good chunk of FREE. Plus ... your first order is 30% off (within 45 days). If you collect orders from friends, and can reach the 'magical' number for the hostess incentive, you'll get ANOTHER free family of inkpads! How can you lose? Go for it!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-02-2012, 12:12 PM   #5  
Glitter Queen

thank you ladies. (: i appreciate it. i'm gonna think on it, and make a decision sometime in the next week or so.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-02-2012, 04:21 PM   #6  
Polyshrink Goddess

Good luck on your decision. Like Gail said, this is actually a great time to go for it if you do because not only is there the Ink-redible promotion going on but because you have until the next full quarter (March next year) to make your first minimums and there will be Sale-a-Bration before then. Yay for great promotions to help get people excited and ordering from you.

Lots of folks sign up for the discount and are hobby demos. I know some folks who never hold a workshop ever, others who teach a class now and then or hold a workshop now and then to help with minimums, and others who are full on business demos. So you can make it work with how it fits you. And the $300 minimum is the retail amount too.

Good luck!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-03-2012, 03:32 AM   #7  
Gabfest Goddess

Received 598 Likes on 244 Posts

This is a good time to sign up -- a new Spring mini and Sale-a-Bration are just around the corner, plus a new catalog June 1st and new In Colors that demos can preorder and fall in love with first! I used to have a good business but after moving and losing my craft area in a flood, I quit workshops altogether. I miss the money but it's fun being able to stamp and scrap what and when I want to and have SU! there for a discount on the best products, plus I feel like I'm on the "inside" in a segment of the crafting world.
There is no harm in trying, with the new $99 kit.
Mary Beth
Reply With Quote Likes