Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Closed Thread
Old 09-05-2012, 07:53 PM   #1  
SCS Community Manager Splitcoast Dirty Dozen Alumni

Received 1,551 Likes on 667 Posts
Send a message via Skype™ to UnderstandBlue
Arrow Hope You Can Cling To 2012 - Master Challenge Thread

Challenge Title: Show Me What You're Made Of
Hostess: Understandblue aka Lydia
Keyword: HYCCT1201A
Date: Monday, October 1st, 2012

Hello and welcome to the third annual Hope You Can Cling To Challenge! We are SO excited to have you here, and so grateful for your participation in this inspiring event! If you've been with us for the first two years of this challenge - welcome back! If you're joining us for the first time - welcome! You will all have such a great time and make some great friends. You inspire us!

Because cancer is such a difficult test of a person, I thought we would begin this challenge by showing the world what we're made of, artistically speaking!

My challenge to you is to make a project that reflects the absolutely essential part of your style - the thing that makes you, YOU. You will journey to your stampy happy place and find that go-to design principle that makes you the happiest and most comfortable.

For some of you, it may be vintage, for some it may be a card that sparkles, or one that makes you laugh. All I want you to do in this challenge is BE YOURSELF and tell me what it is in your description that your stamping style is made of.

For me, I am the happiest with very high contrast, clean designs. My favorite card is a simple card on white cardstock with a WOW punch of blue and yellow, or blue and orange. I like very saturated and surprising color combos in a sea of white. My ideal card would look very much like a stained glass window, which is what I think of when I make cards like my sample, attached. Those vivid colors just make me sigh with happiness.

I can't wait to see what YOU'RE made of!

VIEW THE GALLERY FOR THIS CHALLENGE HERE
View the Hope You Can Cling To Gallery HERE
View the Hope You Can Cling To Master Challenge Thread HERE

UPLOADING INSTRUCTIONS:
1. All Hope You Can Cling To Challenge Entries must be uploaded to the Hope You Can Cling To Gallery, with the specific challenge keyword, no later than November 7th, 2012 at 12:00 Noon Central Time to be eligible for our fabulous prizes! Post a link to your entry in this thread.
2. You may not combine challenges, but you are welcome to create multiple cards for each challenge.
3. Please remember to put in the correct keyword when uploading your image. Copying and pasting the challenge keyword is recommended to avoid typos.
4. Please package all challenge entries with an envelope, protected with a clear plastic bag and mail them to our partner at the UT MD Anderson Cancer Center to benefit patients being treated for breast cancer and their family. We would like for them to receive cards throughout the month of October, but we understand if you'd like to mail all your cards at once.
5. Since these cards will be used by visitors for patients, most should be blank inside, but feel free to send cards with messages of hope for the patients in addition to your challenge cards!

The Department of Volunteer Services � Unit 115
Attn: Maggi Suttles
UT MD Anderson Cancer Center
1515 Holcombe Boulevard
Houston, TX 77030

(Please note - because MD Anderson is part of the State of Texas, they ask that no religious sentiments be used on cards sent to the Cancer Center)

Thank you for participating in this card drive!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg HYCCT1201A by understandblue 004 copy.jpg (35.3 KB, 151 views)
File Type: jpg HYCCT1201A_stampmomma.jpg (102.5 KB, 141 views)
File Type: jpg TEAngelTwistedEaselHYCCT120_by_Beate.jpg (58.5 KB, 141 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_2064_by_dini.jpg (34.3 KB, 147 views)
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Splitcoast Team Member

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

Challenge Title: For Kid's Sake
Hostess: stamp_momma (Lori)
Keyword: HYCCT1201B

Thank you for helping us with our third annual Hope You Can Cling To Challenge! I am SO excited to have you here, and so grateful for your participation in this inspiring event!

Cancer is such an ugly word, and unfortunately there is no minimum age for being affected. We are all familiar with situations where a young child is either thrust into a scary situation full of doctors and strange hospital rooms or they are thrown into odd routines under the care of loved ones while mom or dad fights for recovery.

My challenge to you: Make a card or two for the kiddos! These could be for a child who is called to stand strong much to early by fighting or a child that needs a little extra lovin' while mom or dad focuses on getting well.

My kiddo-appreciated stamp stash is somewhat limited, so in case you are like me, I've attached two cute digi stamp sets with sentiments (one for a boy and one for a girl) and files with just the digi image created just for this challenge. The images were drawn by the talented ever-talented ilikemarkers, or you can certainly choose to use stamps from your own stash. Just make sure it's all about the kids.

UPLOADING INSTRUCTIONS:
1. All Hope You Can Cling To Challenge Entries must be uploaded to the Hope You Can Cling To Gallery, with the specific challenge keyword, no later than November 7th, 2012 at 12:00 Noon Central Time to be eligible for our fabulous prizes! Post a link to your entry in this thread.
2. You may not combine challenges, but you are welcome to create multiple cards for each challenge.
3. Please remember to put in the correct keyword when uploading your image. Copying and pasting the challenge keyword is recommended to avoid typos.
4. Please package all challenge entries with an envelope, protected with a clear plastic bag and mail them to our partner at the UT MD Anderson Cancer Center to benefit patients being treated for breast cancer and their family. We would like for them to receive cards throughout the month of October, but we understand if you'd like to mail all your cards at once.
5. Since these cards will be used by visitors for patients, most should be blank inside, but feel free to send cards with messages of hope for the patients in addition to your challenge cards!

The Department of Volunteer Services – Unit 115
1515 Holcombe Boulevard
Houston, TX 77030

(Please note - because MD Anderson is part of the State of Texas, they ask that no religious sentiments be used on cards sent to the Cancer Center)
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Annie_Splitcoaststampers_2012.jpg (126.2 KB, 134 views)
File Type: jpg Stay-Strong_Splitcoaststampers_2012.jpg (124.7 KB, 125 views)
File Type: jpg RAC12 part II by understandblue 003 copy.jpg (33.6 KB, 105 views)
File Type: jpg You-Are-Too-Sweet-SCS-Hope.jpg (69.4 KB, 112 views)
File Type: jpg awesome_100K_loricraig.jpg (81.4 KB, 100 views)
File Type: jpg rag doll small.jpg (100.1 KB, 101 views)
File Type: jpg lightning superboy small.jpg (75.6 KB, 78 views)

cool tool reviews from your Splitcoaststampers Product Focus Team

Last edited by UnderstandBlue; 10-02-2012 at 03:53 AM..
Splitcoast Team Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Send a message via Skype™ to Beate

Challenge Title: Rays of Hope
Hostess: Beate
Keyword: HYCCT1201C

Hello and welcome to the third annual Hope You Can Cling To Challenge! We are SO excited to have you here, and so grateful for your participation in this inspiring event!

Finding out that you,a family member or friend has cancer is such a shock. You don't know what to say, you are angry, frustrated, sad.....the world turns gray. But there is always hope and lot of times, the cancer does not win. To show that hope in your cards, create a project (or color an image) mostly in gray tones, but at one splash of color.

UPLOADING INSTRUCTIONS:

1515 Holcombe Boulevard
Houston, TX 77030

Attached Images
File Type: jpg MFTIBFlowers4rayofhope.jpg (63.7 KB, 88 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_2082_by_dini.jpg (41.6 KB, 86 views)
File Type: jpg Splash of pink by Understandblue 001 copy.jpg (37.5 KB, 83 views)
File Type: jpg stitched.jpg (57.9 KB, 90 views)
File Type: jpg HYCCT1201C_LoriCraig_104K.jpg (104.2 KB, 91 views)

my gallery - my blog

Last edited by UnderstandBlue; 10-02-2012 at 03:52 AM..
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen Alumni
VSN Coordinator
Splitcoast Challenge Hostess
Creative Crew SU Design Team Alumni

Received 171 Likes on 130 Posts
Default HYCCT1202 - Show Off Your Cupcakes!

Challenge Title: Show Off Your Cupcakes!
Hostess: LuvLee (Lee)
Keyword: HYCCT1202
Date: Tuesday, October 2, 2012

There are so many euphemisms used to describe the "girls"..... "tatas"..... "headlights"..... but when I heard "cupcakes" I have to admit I thought that was cute! And I've also seen many Breast Cancer fundraisers selling the cutest cupcakes for the cause!!!!!

So on that note......this challenge is to make a pretty wrapping for a cupcake!!! Whether it's a cupcake wrapper/template or a 3D box or something else....show me what you've got using cupcake images, dp, ribbon, embellies, etc. Now since it just might be a bit tricky to mail these cupcake wrappings....included in the challenge is to make a matching tag or notecard and that is what will be sent to MD Anderson!!!! Make sure you use cupcakes as your theme.....and no stressin'!!!! If you absolutely aren't able to make an actual wrapper/box.....just show off the little tag or notecard!!!

I used my Silhouette Cameo to make this cupcake box and then made a tag and a little 3x3 notecard for a matching set. ((the cupcake sadly did not survive more than 5 minutes after the photos were taken!))

Here are some links to some free Cupcake Templates I also found online that you might find fun:

Free Cupcake Wrapper Template | Skip To My Lou

Free Cupcake Wrappers: {Templates & Patterns} : TipNut.com

Now as a little extra incentive to play along with my unique challenge....I have a prize!! While shopping with Lydia....yes!!! I got to visit Lydia and we had a BLAST!!! I found this adorable tiny little breast cancer awareness denim purse and just had to buy it!! So I will pick my favorite entry and that stamper will win this little prezzie!!!!

UPLOADING INSTRUCTIONS:
4. Please package each challenge entry with an envelope, protected with a clear plastic bag and mail them to our partner at the UT MD Anderson Cancer Center to benefit patients being treated for breast cancer and their families. We would like for them to receive cards throughout the month of October, but we understand if you'd like to mail all your cards at once.

1515 Holcombe Boulevard
Houston, TX 77030

A special thank you to my fellow hostesses for their beautiful samples.....Sabrina, Patty and Tammie!!!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg hycct122cupcaketrio.jpg (51.8 KB, 72 views)
File Type: jpg bcdenimpurse.jpg (42.5 KB, 68 views)
File Type: jpg HYCCT1202ac22_by_Cook22.jpg (72.6 KB, 69 views)
File Type: jpg hycctplb20129a6_by_pattyb.jpg (69.4 KB, 72 views)
File Type: jpg CUPCAKE_BOX_NOTE_CARD_wm_by_Tammie_E.jpg (158.2 KB, 74 views)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default HYCCT1203 Five Words

Challenge Title: Five Words
Hostess: Edna15
Keyword: HYCCT1203
Date: Wednesday, October 3rd, 2012

Hello and welcome to the third annual Hope You Can Cling To Challenge! We are SO excited to have you here, and so grateful for your participation in this inspiring event!

One of my all time favourite things is WORDS, and they mean so much to so many, especially in times of encouragement and hope. My challenge is to use five individual words on a card. You are welcome to include images, but the focus should be on the words, stamp them, punch them, cut them out of magazines... the choice is yours!

UPLOADING INSTRUCTIONS:

1515 Holcombe Boulevard
Houston, TX 77030

A BIG thanks to my gorgeous sample makers LuvLee, Dini and nillysilly_ol'bear and CAKath for their fabulous take on this challenge!!

Attached Images
File Type: jpg hycct1203_by_LuvLee.jpg (55.3 KB, 102 views)
File Type: jpg HYCCT1203 Dini Sample.jpg (39.2 KB, 103 views)
File Type: jpg HYCCT1203 Edna 15 Triumph.jpg (63.8 KB, 99 views)
File Type: jpg HYCCT1203 Jennifer.jpg (77.6 KB, 94 views)
File Type: jpg HYCCT IMG_5398_by_CAKath.jpg (41.4 KB, 92 views)
neglecting the kids and housework

Challenge Title: Strip Please
Hostess: Sewsplendidstamper AKA Victoria
Keyword: HYCCT1204
Date: Thursday, October 4, 2012

Welcome to my challenge day of the third annual Hope You Can Cling To Challenge! I are SO excited to have you here, and so grateful for your participation in this inspiring event! If you've been with us for the first two years of this challenge - welcome back! If you're joining us for the first time - welcome! You will all have such a great time and make some great friends. Share the joy, the creativity, get some support, laugh and make cards!

As we all know, or will know, when you head in to get your mammogram you are asked to strip! So let's embrace it!
Use strips (or a strip if you've only had one mammogram so far) of papers, fabrics, or tapes as a background to anchor the focal image on your card. Straight, diagonal, zigzag, chevron...whatever strikes your fancy. Enjoy. And please strip

UPLOADING INSTRUCTIONS:

1515 Holcombe Boulevard
Houston, TX 77030

Attached Images
File Type: jpg HYCCT1204 Strip Please Blushing Bird.jpg (68.3 KB, 66 views)
File Type: jpg Fab sample.jpg (67.4 KB, 66 views)
File Type: png Sab sample.png (24.6 KB, 62 views)
File Type: jpg AsianMotifscard.jpg (50.0 KB, 62 views)

Last edited by UnderstandBlue; 10-28-2012 at 04:22 AM..
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Received 360 Likes on 186 Posts

Challenge Title: COURAGE
Hostess: cakath (Kathy)
Keyword: HYCCT1205
Date: Friday, October 5th, 2012

I’m so happy to see you here for our third annual Hope You Can Cling To Challenges! I hope that this challenge will speak to you so that you can touch the life of someone who is in the battle right now.

When someone is diagnosed with breast cancer there is a flurry of information, tests and procedures. One day things are normal and almost overnight your life is consumed with difficult and scary things. This calls for a big dose of COURAGE.

Remember the Cowardly Lion from the Wizard of Oz:

What makes a King out of a slave? Courage
What makes the flag on the mast to wave? Courage
What makes the elephant charge his tusk, in the misty mist or the dusky dusk?
What makes the muskrat guard his musk? Courage
What makes the sphinx the seventh wonder? Courage
What makes the dawn come up like thunder? Courage
What makes the Hottentot so hot? What puts the ‘ape’ in Apricot? What have they got that I ain’t got?

COURAGE!
You can say that again!

My challenge to you: Make a card or two to inspire strength and courage to a patient. Or, you can be inspired by someone you know who been especially courageous. It’s open to your creativity. Something with a dose of humor is great, too. Thank you to the talented hostesses who created amazing samples for this challenge.

UPLOADING INSTRUCTIONS:

1515 Holcombe Boulevard
Houston, TX 77030

[/SIZE][/SIZE]

Thank you for joining us today. Be sure to upload to the HYCCT Gallery . Don't forget to mail your card off to MD Anderson.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_2088_by_dini.JPG (3.1 KB, 80 views)
File Type: jpg 102_7307_by_bfinlay.JPG (2.6 KB, 77 views)
File Type: jpg unity_soleil_brave_girl_boots_tagcard2_by_nillysilly_ol_bear.jpg (49.8 KB, 63 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_5404_by_CAKath.JPG (3.1 KB, 67 views)
File Type: jpg LionCourage_by_muzbysmom.JPG (2.7 KB, 57 views)

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts

Challenge Title: Dies/punches and sentiment
Hostess: Giovana (giogio)
Keyword: HYCCT1206
Date: Saturday, October 6th, 2012

Hello and welcome to the third annual Hope You Can Cling To Challenge! We are SO excited to have you here, and so grateful for your participation in this inspiring event! If you've been with us for the first two years of this challenge - welcome back! If you're joining us for the first time - welcome! You will all have such a great time and make some great friends. You inspire us!

I am very honored to be participating this year! My aunt passed away few years ago from Breast Cancer and sadly i have another aunt who is fighting against it.

My challenge to you is to make a project that uses 3 or more dies/punches or an electronic cutting machine! and a sentiment.You can use stamp images, but let your dies and sentiment be the Star!!

UPLOADING INSTRUCTIONS:

1515 Holcombe Boulevard
Houston, TX 77030

Attached Images
File Type: jpg gio1hycct0612.jpg (48.8 KB, 59 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_2123_by_dini.jpg (39.2 KB, 57 views)
File Type: jpg gio2hycct0612.jpg (47.0 KB, 59 views)
File Type: jpg gio3hycct0612.jpg (52.2 KB, 57 views)

Challenge Title: Music Soothes the Soul
Hostess: Tenia (Tenia Sanders-Nelson)
Keyword: HYCCT1207
Date: Sunday, October 7, 2012

Hello and welcome to the third annual Hope You Can Cling To Challenge!! I am so excited to be participating in such a wonderful cause and I am glad that y'all are joining today as well!!

Being a professional jazz pianist I know that music helps me on so many levels. Music makes me happy and feel awesome when I am having a not so great day. Music simply just soothes my Soul. So your challenge today is to create a card using pink and using any music related stamps or paper. Have fun and I can't wait to see what y'all created!! Hope all is well.....

UPLOADING INSTRUCTIONS:

1515 Holcombe Boulevard
Houston, TX 77030

Attached Images
File Type: jpg hycct for you card oct 7 2012.jpg (31.2 KB, 44 views)
File Type: jpg dina.JPG (34.3 KB, 45 views)
File Type: jpg cook22.jpg (65.2 KB, 43 views)
File Type: jpg meerkat.JPG (48.6 KB, 45 views)
Summer 2012 CAS DT Member
Currently designing for some great companies!!!
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Reaching for the Stars

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Challenge Title: HYCCT
Hostess: LMcAree aka Lori
Keyword: HYCCT1208
Date: Monday, October 8st, 2012

Hi everyone and welcome to day 8!!! We're so glad you are joining us, thank you!!

My challenge to you is to use the letters HYCCT in your card or project! You can use any supply or technique, let your imagination go wild!! Please be sure to include what you used in your description!
Here are some ideas to get your creative juices flowing:

H - Happy Birthday, Hexagon, Heart, Heat Embossing
Y - You, Yellow, Yarn, Yoga
C - Circle, Copics, Cupcake, Cork
C - Car, Clear, CAS, Cut
T - Teal, Thank You, Tree, Twine, Thumping

UPLOADING INSTRUCTIONS:

1515 Holcombe Boulevard
Houston, TX 77030

Attached Images
File Type: jpg HYCCT1208.jpg (55.4 KB, 37 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_2124_by_dini.jpg (40.2 KB, 37 views)
File Type: jpg 009_by_muzbysmom.jpg (18.2 KB, 34 views)
File Type: jpg hycct1208_by_LuvLee.jpg (59.5 KB, 35 views)
File Type: jpg HYCCT1208_Happy_Yellow_Circle_Carribbean_Twine_by_sewsplendidstamper.jpg (35.5 KB, 37 views)

Dirty Dozen Alumni
My
Blog

Last edited by UnderstandBlue; 10-08-2012 at 04:46 AM..
Splitcoast Gallery Moderator
Band Mom

Received 123 Likes on 109 Posts

Challenge Title: You Had Me In Stitches
Hostess: PH in VA, a/k/a Patricia
Keyword: HYCCT1209
Date: Tuesday, October 9, 2012

Welcome to Day 9 of this year's Hope You Can Cling To challenges! We're glad to have you join us in this worthy cause.

Sadly, one of the results from surgery to remove cancerous growths can be stitches. But as a popular saying goes, "laughter is the best medicine", and when one laughs a lot they are said to be "in stitches". Although cancer IS serious business, studies have shown that laughter produces endorphins - brain chemicals that help relieve pain and make one feel better. (You can read about that in this article from ScientificAmerican.com.) So let's make humorous cards using stitching (hand, machine, or faux) as an embellishment.

My main goal for this challenge is that your card will make us laugh. Let's help the cancer patients at M.D. Anderson feel better by releasing their endorphins!

Any type of humor is fine - jokes, puns, silliness, whatever makes you giggle! Just be sure to embellish your card with some sort of stitching.

View the entire Hope You Can Cling To Gallery HERE

UPLOADING INSTRUCTIONS:
1. All Hope You Can Cling To Challenge Entries must be uploaded to the Hope You Can Cling To Gallery, with the specific challenge keyword, no later than November 7, 2012 at 12:00 Noon Central Time to be eligible for our fabulous prizes! Post a link to your entry in this thread.

1515 Holcombe Boulevard
Houston, TX 77030

I'd like to extend a hug of thanks to my sample makers - Taylor, Lee, and Leslie. You girls make my heart smile!

Thank you so much for participating in this card drive! I'm looking forward to seeing how creatively you can keep SCS in stitches with your humorous cards embellished with stitching. Let's bring loads of cheer to the cancer patients!

Attached Images
File Type: jpg HYCCT1209 Paulie.jpg (81.7 KB, 46 views)
File Type: jpg Taylor's sample.jpg (44.7 KB, 45 views)
File Type: jpg Lee's sample.jpg (52.3 KB, 45 views)
File Type: jpg Leslie's sample.jpg (58.7 KB, 44 views)
Dirty Dozen Alumni
Creative Crew Alumni

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Challenge Title: Ship Shape
Hostess: Jeanne S
Keyword: HYCCT1210
Date: Wednesday, October 10th, 2012

Hello and welcome to the third annual Hope You Can Cling To Challenge! We thank you for your participation in this inspiring (and fun!) event!

The greatest thing when dealing with an illness is the hope that you or your loved one will be feeling "ship shape" again soon. My challenge to you is make a shaped card - no circle, rectangle or square cards.

UPLOADING INSTRUCTIONS:

1515 Holcombe Boulevard
Houston, TX 77030

Thank you to my fabulously talented sample makers Dina, Mary, Lee & Patty!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Bobber Dog.jpg (91.0 KB, 35 views)
File Type: jpg Dina.jpg (46.7 KB, 29 views)
File Type: jpg Mary.jpg (41.8 KB, 29 views)
File Type: jpg Lee.jpg (38.8 KB, 30 views)
File Type: jpg Patty.jpg (33.5 KB, 28 views)

Last edited by UnderstandBlue; 10-28-2012 at 04:22 AM..
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Giraffes & Laughs

Received 13 Likes on 9 Posts

Challenge Title: The Monster Mash
Hostess: StampingQueenJAR aka Judy
Keyword: HYCCT1211
Date: Thursday, October 11, 2012

Hello and welcome to the third annual Hope You Can Cling To Challenge! It's Day 11 and I have an inspiration challenge for you!

My challenge to you is a reminder! Get 'em mashed, squooshed, photographed, x-rayed, and checked! And to that end, we will be sharing creations inspired by "The Monster Mash"!

The lyrics are quite lengthy, so I didn't post them all here. Google has them! But verse one/chorus is:
I was working in the lab late one night
When my eyes beheld an eerie sight
For my monster from his slab began to rise
And suddenly to my surprise

He did the mash
He did the monster mash
The monster mash
It was a graveyard smash
He did the mash
It caught on in a flash
He did the mash
He did the monster mash

There are those that spend many holidays and celebration times in the hospital receiving care, and with Halloween coming up, I chose to make a fun Halloween card with dancing ghosts! You may be inspired by part of the lyrics, or by an image from the little song clip, the colors you see in the clip, or any number of things! Just share in your project description what inspired you. Just make it fun and not scary.

Note: Your card does not have to be a Halloween card.

VIEW THE GALLERY FOR THIS CHALLENGE HERE .
View the Hope You Can Cling To Gallery HERE .
View the Hope You Can Cling To Master Challenge Thread HERE .

UPLOADING INSTRUCTIONS:

1515 Holcombe Boulevard
Houston, TX 77030

Attached Images
File Type: jpg 090912Blog_WD_by_StampingQueenJAR.jpg (57.8 KB, 29 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_2054_by_dini.JPG (36.5 KB, 30 views)
File Type: jpg 001_by_muzbysmom.JPG (110.9 KB, 28 views)
File Type: jpg hycctplb20128_by_pattyb.jpg (158.9 KB, 31 views)
Splitcoast Artist in Residence
Mix-Ability Challenge Hostess

Received 1,122 Likes on 505 Posts

Challenge Title: Start Spreading the News!
Hostess: dini aka Dina K
Keyword: HYCCT1212
Date: Friday, October 12th, 2012

The emphasis on breast cancer screening during the month of October is all about AWARENESS.
Early detection of breast cancer signs can be key in successful treatment, and we all want to look out for each other.

bf-birddancingsmiley.gif
bf-birddancingsmiley.gifbf-birddancingsmiley.gifbf-birddancingsmiley.gifbf-birddancingsmiley.gifbf-birddancingsmiley.gifbf-birddancingsmiley.gifbf-birddancingsmiley.gif

The thought of awareness got me singing a little show tuneStart Spreading the News!

Let’s kick this challenge off with some flair, and make a card inspired by a show tune!
Any song (title or lyrics) from any musical or movie will do – just let us know what song inspired you!
You can click HERE for some lists to get you started.

I used one of Mo Manning’s gorgeous digital images on my card, inspired by the song “Embraceable You” from An American In Paris.
I love this image so much, and I love the solidarity and support that it conveys.
Thank you so much for your willingness to be an encouragement to someone who needs it!!

TWO lucky winners will be drawn from all my participants to receive a free digital stamp from Mo Manning's shop, Mo's Digital Pencil!
Be sure to check back after the upload deadline to see if you're a winner!!

Challenge Summary: Create a card inspired by a song (title or lyrics) from a musical or movie.

UPLOADING INSTRUCTIONS:
4. Please package each challenge entry with an envelope, protected with a clear plastic bag and mail them to our partner at the UT MD Anderson Cancer Center to benefit patients being treated for breast cancer and their families. We would like for them to receive cards throughout the month of October, but we understand if you'd like to mail all your cards at once.

1515 Holcombe Boulevard
Houston, TX 77030

Here are some samples to get you started - special thanks to Ardyth, Tam, Bridget, and Judy for helping me out!!

Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_2052.jpg (36.2 KB, 43 views)
File Type: jpg Sep28_005_copy_by_Ardyth.jpg (30.1 KB, 44 views)
File Type: jpg REBEL_WITH_A_CAUSE_wm2_by_Tammie_E.jpg (68.4 KB, 41 views)
File Type: jpg 102_7319_by_bfinlay.JPG (39.2 KB, 39 views)
File Type: jpg 100212Blog_HA_RRR_by_StampingQueenJAR.jpg (48.4 KB, 40 views)
File Type: gif bf-birddancingsmiley.gif (4.9 KB, 0 views)
Vincent Van Gogh

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Challenge Title: Hope is the Thing!
Hostess: bfinlay (Bridget)
Keyword: HYCCT1213
Date: Saturday, October 13, 2012

Hello, and welcome to day 13 of our HYCCT card drive - we're so delighted to have you join us!

My challenge for you is to be inspired by the poet
Emily Dickinson :

images

Hope is the thing with feathers
that perches in the soul
and sings the tune without the words
and never stops at all.

Let your imagination fly with this, it can be anything that inspires you in this stanza about "hope" from Emily's poem, just let us know what it is in your card description - for example, your card could include birds , songs , music , or even something (anything!) "perching" . Or you could make a card without words ! It always leaves so much scope for the person sending the card as it can be used for any occasion!

For inspiration, check out the lovely samples made by Dina, Victoria, Kathy and Lori - thanks so much, girls!

UPLOADING INSTRUCTIONS:

1515 Holcombe Boulevard
Houston, TX 77030

Attachment 258987 Attachment 259345 Attachment 259411 Attachment 259410 Attachment 258988 Attachment 258989
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_2038_by_dini (1).jpg (43.2 KB, 37 views)
File Type: jpg HYCCT1213_Antique_Birds_by_sewsplendidstamper (1).jpg (51.2 KB, 36 views)
File Type: jpg HYCCT1213_by_LMcAree (1).jpg (45.8 KB, 36 views)
File Type: jpg 102_7359.jpg (68.4 KB, 37 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_5454_by_CAKath.jpg (25.2 KB, 37 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_2190_by_dini.jpg (39.1 KB, 33 views)

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Challenge Title: READ ALL ABOUT IT
Hostess: Misstreez (Theresa)
Keyword: HYCCT1214
Date: Sunday, October 14th, 2012

Words! They're all around us. We use the written word to communicate to each other. Many people have taken the time to write, and sometimes share, their personal experiences, good and bad, about challenges faced, fears overcome, triumphs and survivals. We read these stories to gain an understanding, appreciation and find an inspiration we might be able to apply to our lives.

Many personal stories about breast cancer have been recorded in the written word also, so that we can better understand what the people affected by the disease are going thru. It's during these times of great challenges that the words of hope, encouragment, peace, and strength can have an uplifting effect for the reader.

My challenge to you today is to simply make a card that FEATURES TEXT in some way in your creation. Use a stamp, patterned paper or even pages from a book, but use text somewhere and have a little bit of fun creating a card that will be well recieved. A bit short on ideas? Then check out the attachments for some text inspiration.

UPLOADING INSTRUCTIONS:

1515 Holcombe Boulevard
Houston, TX 77030

Attached Images
File Type: jpg HYCCT Read All About It.jpg (65.2 KB, 49 views)
File Type: jpg 005_by_muzbysmom.jpg (19.2 KB, 47 views)
File Type: png HYCCT1214c22_by_Cook22.png (665.2 KB, 47 views)
Just Me

Challenge Title: Two Times the Fun
Hostess: stagccva, a/k/a Taylor
Keyword: HYCCT1216
Date: Tuesday, October 16, 2012

Welcome to Day 16 of this year's Hope You Can Cling To challenges! We're glad to have you join us in this worthy cause; I'm thrilled to be hosting a challenge for the second year in a row.

When I think about breast cancer, and breast cancer awareness....I think doubles (for obvious reasons). My challenge to you today is to have TWO times the fun...with a little catch. Everything you use on your card, you have to use TWO of, but they must be slightly different. Two different patterned papers, two different buttons, two different ribbons, two different stamps (a stamp and a sentiment counts), etc.

TWO of each thing - no more, no less. Have fun seeing double!

You can see my card in the gallery, with details on the "twos" I used, HERE .

UPLOADING INSTRUCTIONS:
1. All Hope You Can Cling To Challenge Entries must be uploaded to the Hope You Can Cling To Gallery, with the specific challenge keyword, no later than November 7, 2012 at 12:00 Noon Central Time to be eligible for our fabulous prizes! Post a link to your entry in this thread.

1515 Holcombe Boulevard
Houston, TX 77030

I'd like to extend a hug of thanks to my sample makers, PH in VA (Patricia) and Cook22 (Sabrina). You girls make me so happy, and made fantastic samples!

Thank you so much for participating in this card drive!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg LF_HYCCT_tbu.jpg (174.8 KB, 29 views)
File Type: png HYCCT1216c22_by_Cook22.png (543.1 KB, 28 views)
File Type: jpg HYCCT1216.jpg (83.8 KB, 27 views)
File Type: jpg hycct1216_by_LuvLee.jpg (45.0 KB, 27 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_2167_by_dini.jpg (35.2 KB, 27 views)
UK ~ US ~ Spectrum Noir
Watercolor Wizard

Default Pinking Shears

Challenge Title: Pinking Shears
Hostess: muzbysmom (Lynn )
Keyword: HYCCT1217
Date: Wednesday, October 17

When I think about October I think about Breast Cancer Awareness Month and when I think of Breast Cancer Awareness Month I think of pink. When I think of pink I think of pinking shears - those strange scissors that fascinated me in my Mother's sewing kit. Your challenge is to make a card with a decorative edge!

The first thought I had for decorating the edge of a card involved cutting with things like decorative edge scissors, edgelets, or decorative edge border punches. And then when out browsing at a craft store I ran across an embossing folder from Cuttlebug called Pinking Stitch. It only embosses the edge of the card stock. I then remembered the Framed Tulips embossing folder from Stampin' Up. It just embosses the edge of a card also. Who's to say that's not a decorative edge? I'm sure there must be many other ways to decorate the edge of your card! I'm looking forward to seeing what all of you come up with!

UPLOADING INSTRUCTIONS:
1. All Hope You Can Cling To Challenge Entries must be uploaded to the Hope You Can Cling To Gallery , with the specific challenge keyword, no later than November 7th, 2012 at 12:00 Noon Central Time to be eligible for our fabulous prizes! Post a link to your entry in this thread.

1515 Holcombe Boulevard
Houston, TX 77030

Attached Images
File Type: jpg Pinking Stich 001.jpg (39.5 KB, 38 views)
File Type: jpg HYCCT1217_by_LMcAree.jpg (35.9 KB, 38 views)
File Type: jpg MeerkatSample.jpg (78.2 KB, 35 views)
File Type: jpg HYCCT1217_Lile_Kate_Girl_by_sewsplendidstamper.jpg (2.8 KB, 37 views)
File Type: jpg Celebrate Scallops.jpg (39.6 KB, 34 views)

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Challenge Title: Vital Signs
Hostess: Ardyth
Keyword: HYCCT1218
Date: Thursday, October 18, 2012

***************CHALLENGE DESCRIPTION*******************

Let's have some fun with those irritating hospital procedures!

Make a project inspired by one (or more) of the 4 main Vital Signs : heart beat (pulse), temperature, blood pressure and breathing.

UPLOADING INSTRUCTIONS:
3. Please remember to put in the correct keyword when uploading your image . Copying and pasting the challenge keyword is recommended to avoid typos.

1515 Holcombe Boulevard
Houston, TX 77030

And a special thanks to Dina for making a wonderful sample card for this challenge!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_2078_by_dini.jpg (37.9 KB, 35 views)
File Type: jpg Oct1 copy.jpg (28.4 KB, 37 views)

Last edited by UnderstandBlue; 10-18-2012 at 04:11 AM..
Dirty Dozen Alumni
SCS Challenge Hostess

This is My Story.

Challenge Title: A Birthday in Pink!
Hostess: Mothermark aka Cindy
Keyword: HYCCT1219
Date: Friday, October 19th, 2012

" target="_blank">

Welcome back to the 3rd Annual Hope You Can Cling To SCS challenges! I can't believe another year has gone by! What a great cause for our cards during the month of October, Breast Cancer Awareness month. I am happy to host today!

This is my story!

1. Since many breast cancer patients are facing a long and difficult challenge in their fight against Breast Cancer, it would not surprise me, if there are many that will celebrate a birthday during their treatment at M.D. Anderson. So....

2. My own birthday falls during Breast Cancer Awareness Month and what better way to celebrate my birthday today than to host a Hope You Can Cling To challenge and watch the gallery fill up with wonderful birthday cards for Breast Cancer Patients! Cards that will all be sent and used for those breast cancer patients celebrating birthdays during their stay M.D. Anderson over the upcoming year.

3. Your challenge is an inspiration challenge. Just be inspired by the attached pictures. Birthday celebrations in pink! Pick your favorite picture and be inspired to make a birthday card in pink. Feel free to incorporate the pink cancer ribbon in your birthday card.
" target="_blank">

UPLOADING INSTRUCTIONS:

1515 Holcombe Boulevard
Houston, TX 77030

Thank you for participating in this card drive! " target="_blank">
Attached Images
File Type: jpg backdrop-dessert-table.jpg (131.4 KB, 76 views)
File Type: jpg Birthday Party Pink Celebration.jpg (35.0 KB, 528 views)
File Type: jpg Birthday Treats in Pink.jpg (22.6 KB, 64 views)
File Type: jpg Birthday Party in pink_1.jpg (26.8 KB, 62 views)
File Type: jpg Hope You Can Cling To Birthday MM.jpg (54.6 KB, 61 views)
File Type: png HYCCT1219c22_by_Cook22.png (701.5 KB, 53 views)
File Type: jpg hycct1219_by_LuvLee.jpg (60.8 KB, 48 views)
Polyshrink Goddess

Default HYCCT1220: Hope is in the Air

Challenge Title : Hope is in the Air
Hostess : SinCityGal (Lisa)
Keyword : HYCCT1220
Date : Saturday, October 20, 2012

To have hope is a wonderful thing, but when you're feeling weak or sad it's not always that easy. My challenge is to remind everyone that HOPE can be found all over...it's in the air. Just look out your window. It's in the birds, butterflies, a kite, the sounds of a plane, even a BEE! HOPE IS IN THE AIR!

Create a card with something that can be found UP in the air! Some simple examples are birds, a kite, balloons, etc. Be creative, but think of things that that are up are "IN" the air. Okay? Great! Can't wait to see all the gorgeous creations.

View the Gallery for This Challenge HERE

UPLOADING INSTRUCTIONS:
1. All Hope You Can Cling To Challenge Entries must be uploaded to the Hope You Can Cling To Gallery , with the specific challenge keyword , no later than November 7th, 2012 at 12:00 Noon Central Time to be eligible for our fabulous prizes! Post a link to your entry in this thread.

1515 Holcombe Boulevard
Houston, TX 77030

A HUUUUUGE thank you to my amazing sample makers: Sabrina, Victoria, Lynn and Dini. *mwah*
Attached Images
File Type: png HYCCT1220c22_by_Cook22.png (506.7 KB, 24 views)
File Type: jpg HYCCT1220_Airborn_Thanks_by_sewsplendidstamper.jpg (26.6 KB, 23 views)
File Type: jpg Snow_is_in_the_Air_by_muzbysmom.jpg (21.4 KB, 21 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_2076_by_dini.jpg (34.1 KB, 24 views)
File Type: jpg HYCCT1220 Spread Your Wings.jpg (38.7 KB, 21 views)
Demo Challenge Leader
Splitcoast Challenge Host

Location: South of Oklahoma, North of DFW Airport = North Texas!
Received 242 Likes on 129 Posts
Default HYCCT1221 * Clearly Hopeful!

Challenge Title: Clearly Hopeful!
Hostess: TexasGrammy (Bev Gerard)
Keyword: HYCCT1221
Date: Sunday, October 21, 2012

I'm so glad to see you here at our 3rd annual Hope You Can Cling To challenges! ' Clearly ' this is a most inspirational and powerful challenge that brings stampers together for a cause that has the potential to impact each one of us in some personal way.

In my case, a good friend and neighbor is at the beginning of her journey to rid her body of breast cancer. Breast cancer patients need many things on a regular basis, including excellent medical care, love, and it is very clear to me that they desperately need hope . It's so easy for patients to lose hope along their journey. For some, it can even be difficult to find hope. So let's fill the gallery with 'Clearly Hopeful' creations!

Extra!!: Here's an inspirational song by Johnny Nash to put you in the clearly hopeful crafty spirit!

Ready? Here are your challenge details . Remember, we can see 'clearly' now! ;) Clear, you say? Here are a few kick-starter ideas:
acetate, cellophane, jars, dew drops, text bubble stick-ons (weren't they called "page pebbles"?), clear die cuts, clear embossing, cracked glass, images of glass pitchers, drinking glasses, eyeglasses ... ... and I'm sure we'll see even more "Clearly Clever" ideas!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

** VIEW THE GALLERY FOR THIS CHALLENGE HERE
** View the Hope You Can Cling To Gallery HERE
** View the Hope You Can Cling To Master Challenge Thread HERE

UPLOADING INSTRUCTIONS :

1515 Holcombe Boulevard
Houston, TX 77030

Samples, Samples! I'm cyber-sending Texas-sized {{{{{hugs}}}}} to my clearly fabulous sample-makers today!!! A big ol' YAHOOOOO for Cook22 (Sabrina), resqbarbie (Denise), and muzbysmom (Lynn)!!!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg HYCCT1221 by Sabrina Cook22.jpg (60.9 KB, 28 views)
File Type: jpg HYCCT1221 by Lynn Lehrman.jpg (31.3 KB, 28 views)
File Type: jpg HYCCT1221_by_resqbarbie.jpg (25.6 KB, 28 views)
File Type: jpg front 1020 640x494.jpg (41.2 KB, 30 views)

Last edited by UnderstandBlue; 10-28-2012 at 04:21 AM..

Challenge Title: Stand Like a Flamingo!
Hostess: Resqbarbie AKA Denise
Keyword: HYCCT1222
Date: Monday, October 22nd, 2012

I was so honored to be asked by Lydia to hostess a challenge for the HYCCT event! My personal connection is probably no different than many of you...I lost my Aunt to breast cancer 7 years ago. She was a smart, funny, artistic lady...I owe all my artistic and creative abilities to her! She was so young, only 53 when she lost her fight. Every year I do something so honor her memory, this is just one of many things for me this month and I am so excited to participate in this event!

So to start off my month of breast cancer awareness, I participated in a breast cancer awareness event in my area of Florida called PINK OUT ! We had over 2500 people there to set a world record for the most people standing on one leg like a flamingo for 2 minutes! The flamingo is probably one of those things that screams FLORIDA to everyone! We all have pretty pink plastic ones out in our yards. Mine I got at PINK OUT and my donation went to help others who can’t afford a mammogram to get one.

So my challenge to you is be like a flamingo and stand on ONE leg ! That means, use only ONE of each supply...one stamp, one button, one sheet of DP, one sheet of colored cardstock, one rhinestone... (I know it will be hard for LuvLee, but I have faith!). You can use any combination of things but only one of each type of product (the card base, a sentiment stamp, and your ink do NOT count). EX (my sample): 1 kraft card base + 1 tag die + 1 floral stamp + 1 ribbon + 1 string + 1 sentiment stamp = FABULOUS!

UPLOADING INSTRUCTIONS:

1515 Holcombe Boulevard
Houston, TX 77030

Thank you to Lynn, Lee, Mary and Theresa for fabulous samples!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg OneChristmas_by_muzbysmom.JPG (19.3 KB, 27 views)
File Type: jpg hycct1222_by_LuvLee-1.jpg (72.1 KB, 28 views)
File Type: jpg HYCCT_3_001_by_stampercamper.jpg (33.7 KB, 29 views)
File Type: jpg HYCCT_Say_It_Once_by_Misstreez.jpg (62.1 KB, 30 views)
File Type: jpg HYCCT1222.jpg (42.2 KB, 25 views)

SCS Gallery Moderator
Teapot Tuesday TEAm

Received 1,053 Likes on 812 Posts

Challenge Title: Chicken S-O-U-P
Hostess: Cook22 aka Sabrina
Keyword: HYCCT1223
Date: Tuesday, October 23rd 2012

To this day I can't make cream of chicken soup without being reminded of a dear friend who stayed with us over twenty years ago when she was first diagnosed with, and being treated for, breast cancer. She had a terrible time with her chemo and couldn't really eat for a couple of days afterwards, so the day she went in for her treatment I'd cook up a big pot of cream of chicken soup, and it would be ready waiting when I picked her up from hospital the next day.

So my challenge to you is to use a chicken (hens and roosters are acceptable too ) on your card, and elements that spell the word S-O-U-P.
No chicken stamps? There are plenty of possibilities with punch art and even with finger painting.
S - Spellbinders, stripes, silver, scallops, shoes...
O - ovals, orange, orchids, office supplies...
U - umbrellas, UTEE, underwear, ultramarine blue. As far as I'm concerned parsley and carrots (and Queen Anne's Lace) are all part of the Umbelliferae family so if you want to go all out with the soup theme, be my guest ;-)...
P - PINK, pearls, peacocks, poppies, patina...
Be as imaginative as you wish, but please do share your "spelling" in your write-up so we can all enjoy your super-creativity.
And please pay attention to all the uploading instructions, including the first one if you want to be eligible for prizes.

UPLOADING INSTRUCTIONS:

1515 Holcombe Boulevard
Houston, TX 77030

I have some lovely samples to inspire you and whet your appetite - my thanks to my assistant chefs meerkat3 (Leslie), muzbysmom (Lynn) and PH in VA (Patricia) for cooking up such tasty treats.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg HYCCT1223c22.jpg (91.9 KB, 18 views)
File Type: jpg HYCCT1223bc22.jpg (82.5 KB, 18 views)
File Type: jpg HYCCT1223-ChickenSOUP_by_meerkat3.JPG (44.2 KB, 18 views)
File Type: jpg HYCCT1223lynnssample.jpg (33.4 KB, 19 views)
File Type: jpg HYCCT1223_by_PH_in_VA.jpg (66.4 KB, 17 views)
Stampin' Fool

Challenge Title: Hugs & Kisses
Hostess: stampinlibby aka Libby
Keyword: HYCCT1224
Date: Wednesday, October 24th, 2012

Hello everyone! I am honored to be here participating as a Hope You Can Cling To hostess for a second year in a row. Last year my challenge was in honor of my breast cancer-surviving grandma. A lot has happened since October 2011. In June her daughter, my mom, was diagnosed with breast cancer, too. Thankfully the mass of cells was tiny, the edges were clean and as of a couple weeks ago my mom has completed her radiation treatments and is hopefully cancer-free as well!

Again this year my challenge is in honor of my family. When your family is faced with this disease, you just want to shower them in hugs and kisses . So how about we do some stampy kissing? I'd like you to make a card using the KISSING TECHNIQUE .

You can find Beate's fabulous Kissing Technique tutorial HERE .

UPLOADING INSTRUCTIONS:

1515 Holcombe Boulevard
Houston, TX 77030

Hugs thanks to dini , SinCityGal , meerkat3 , Misstreez , Cook22 & muzbysmom for the wonderful samples!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_3778.jpg (57.5 KB, 29 views)
File Type: jpg Dini.jpg (26.3 KB, 31 views)
File Type: jpg meerkat3.jpg (39.3 KB, 29 views)
File Type: jpg Misstreez.jpg (46.9 KB, 30 views)
File Type: jpg muzbysmom.jpg (26.9 KB, 29 views)
File Type: jpg SinCityGal.jpg (45.9 KB, 29 views)
File Type: jpg Cook22.jpg (59.2 KB, 28 views)

Challenge Title: LET'S LICK THIS THING
Hostess: stampercamper - Mary
Keyword: HYCCT1225A
Date: Thursday, October 25, 2012

This has been a very rough year for many of my friends. Since January 5 of of my friends have been diagnosed, 4 are currently doing good but my one very dear friend died. She was 46. I met her because she was the post mistress of a small post office that I always went to mail my swaps. We struck up a friendship and she joined my stamping team. She was one of those wonderful people who never met a stranger and is missed beyond belief.

So...in honor of her and all the lives she touched..."let's lick this thing". Make a card inspired by postage or the mail!

UPLOADING INSTRUCTIONS:

1515 Holcombe Boulevard
Houston, TX 77030

Attached Images
File Type: jpg HYCCT Tea Shoppe 003.JPG (127.7 KB, 27 views)
File Type: jpg HYCCT Tea Shoppe 002.JPG (130.1 KB, 28 views)
File Type: jpg HYCCT1225_Peaceful_Postage_by_sewsplendidstamper.jpg (50.1 KB, 28 views)
File Type: jpg hycctplb20129b2_by_pattyb.jpg (90.2 KB, 27 views)
File Type: jpg HYCCT_Santa_Mail_by_Misstreez.jpg (59.6 KB, 28 views)
File Type: jpg HYCCT_Love_in_the_Mail_by_Misstreez.jpg (72.3 KB, 25 views)
Creative Crew SU Design Team, Spring 2012 CAS Design Team member

Challenge Title: Who Let the Dogs Out?
Hostess: Tammie E
Keyword: HYCCT1226
Date: Friday, October 26, 2012

Hello and welcome to the 3rd Annual Hope You Can Cling To card drive! As the month begins to wind down, I hope you've had the opportunity to participate in some (or all) of the challenges. It's such an amazing event and and we're glad to have you join us in this worthy cause!

Cancer affects almost everyone in one way or another; whether it's you, a family member or a friend. 2012 has been exceptionally tough for my family...we lost both my mother- and father-in-law to cancer in July and September of this year. It's the continued support of family and friends that helps us get through this difficult time in our lives.

My challenge to you: make a project to support someone that may be having a "ruff" day. Your project must have a dog on it. Although it is not a requirement to include pink, it would be great if you could work it in!

I can't wait to see what you create! Remember, to be eligible for prizes, you must upload your project to the HYCCT gallery. Have fun!

UPLOADING INSTRUCTIONS:

1515 Holcombe Boulevard
Houston, TX 77030

Thanks to Dina, Sabrina, Patricia and Bridget for making samples and a special thanks to YOU for participating in this card drive!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg RUFF DAY wm.jpg (153.6 KB, 21 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_2165_by_dini.jpg (36.4 KB, 21 views)
File Type: jpg HYCCT1226c22_by_Cook22.jpg (47.0 KB, 19 views)
File Type: jpg HYCCT1226_by_PH_in_VA.jpg (64.4 KB, 19 views)
File Type: jpg 102_7384_by_bfinlay.jpg (46.9 KB, 19 views)
Dirty Dozen Alumni

Received 94 Likes on 52 Posts

Challenge Title: Window Of Hope
Hostess: kittie747
Keyword: HYCCT1227
Date: Saturday, October 27, 2012

Thank you for joining in the third annual Hope You Can Cling To Challenge. I am so thrilled for your participation in this important and inspiring event.

My challenge participation today is to honor my brother-in-law, Louis D'Agostino who lost his life to cancer on July 12, 2012 and to honor my sister, Cynthia who will love and miss him forever.

My challenge for you is to create a card with a Window of Hope. You may use window die cuts, window stamps, pictures of windows, hand cut a window using your craft knife, sketching a window, painting a window. The sky is the limit. Using pink on your card would be a special bonus.

VIEW THE GALLERY FOR THIS CHALLENGE: HERE
View the Hope You Can Cling To Gallery: HERE
View the Hope You Can Cling To Master Challenge Thread: HERE

UPLOADING INSTRUCTIONS:

1515 Holcombe Boulevard
Houston, TX 77030

I would like to thank Dina and Sabrina for making such beautiful samples.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg KC Poppy Stamps Mardison Arch 2 right.jpg (120.8 KB, 17 views)
File Type: png HYCCT1227bc22_by_Cook22.png (711.9 KB, 18 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_2220_by_dini.jpg (39.2 KB, 18 views)
Pearl-ExPert

Default Clean And Simple Statement

Challenge Title: Clean And Simple Statement
Hostess: meerkat3 aka Leslie
Keyword: HYCCT1228
Date: Sunday, October 28th, 2012

Hello, there. Here it is the 28th of the month, and you've probably done (or at least thought about doing) around 30 challenges so far. So, for my challenge, I chose Clean & Simple (CAS), partly because there's nothing clean or simple about the nastiness of cancer, and partly because I can't do CAS. It's true: I fear white space.

So my challenge for you today is to make a Clean & Simple card, with a sentiment or word as your focal point. That's it - no other requirements.

For those of you who rock the CAS concept, you know what to do.

For those of you who struggle with the concept of CAS, why not check out the SCS CAS thread here for some ideas? Here's something they include with their challenge posts:

---------------------
What is CAS?
CAS is an acronym for Clean and Simple.

It's all about the design.
* not the technique
* not the tools
* not the embellishments

* Uncluttered
* lots of white or open space
* one main focal point

Clean & Simple
---------------------

I can't wait to see what you make!

UPLOADING INSTRUCTIONS:
1. All Hope You Can Cling To Challenge Entries must be uploaded to the Hope You Can Cling To Gallery , with the specific challenge keyword, no later than November 7th, 2012 at 12:00 Noon Central Time to be eligible for our fabulous prizes! Post a link to your entry in this thread.
2. You may not combine challenges , but you are welcome to create multiple cards for each challenge.

1515 Holcombe Boulevard
Houston, TX 77030

Attached Images
File Type: jpg HYCCT1228-ThanksSoMuch_by_meerkat3.JPG (24.1 KB, 19 views)
File Type: jpg 001_by_muzbysmom.JPG (13.4 KB, 17 views)
File Type: jpg HYCCT1228_by_resqbarbie.jpg (42.1 KB, 19 views)
My blog:
The Crooked Stamper
Dear spell-checker, "bling" is SO a word. Pffth.

Default Real Witches Wear Pink!

Challenge Title: Real Witches Wear Pink!
Hostess: patty
Keyword: HYCCT1229
Date: Monday, October 29th, 2012

Make sure you upload your creation the HYCCT gallery in order to be eligible for the HYCCT prizes :lol:

Here's the Witches Rules:
  1. Be inspired by Pink-O-Ween:
    Pink-O-Ween! Guest Dessert Feature � SWEET DESIGNS – AMY ATLAS EVENTS
  2. Make a treat holder of some kind, include a packaged treat to brighten someone's day
  3. Use Pink, Black, White, & Silver
  4. Glam it up
  5. However, it CANNOT be a Halloween card, be inspired by Pink-O-Ween but make it a birthday treat, a just for you treat, or a thinking of you treat.
Here's some templates and tutorials!

Matchbook Candy Holder
Peek-a-Boo Treat Holder
Pull-Up Treats
Or just a pocket card or card with a pouch to put a simple pre-packed treat into.

View the Hope You Can Cling To Gallery
HERE
View the Hope You Can Cling To Master ChallengeThread
HERE

UPLOADING INSTRUCTIONS:
1. All Hope You Can Cling To Challenge Entriesmust be uploaded to the
Hope You Can Cling To Gallery , with the specific challenge keyword, no later than November 7th, 2012at 12:00 Noon Central Time to be eligible for our fabulous prizes! Post a linkto your entry in this thread.
2. You may not combine challenges, but you arewelcome to create multiple cards for each challenge.
3. Please remember to put in the correct keywordwhen uploading your image. Copying and pasting the challenge keyword isrecommended to avoid typos.
4. Please package all challenge entries with anenvelope, protected with a clear plastic bag and mail them to our partner atthe UT MD Anderson Cancer Center to benefit patients being treated for breastcancer and their family. We would like for them to receive cards throughout themonth of October, but we understand if you'd like to mail all your cards at once.
5. Since these cards will be used by visitors forpatients, most should be blank inside, but feel free to send cards withmessages of hope for the patients in addition to your challenge cards!

1515 Holcombe Boulevard
Houston, TX 77030

(Please note - because MD Anderson is part ofthe State of Texas, they ask that no religious sentiments be used on cards sentto the Cancer Center)

A big thank you from the bottom of my ♥ for my sample makers, luvlee, cook22, and Emma F
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Pink-O-Ween-037.jpg (70.2 KB, 17 views)
File Type: jpg hycctplb20129b3.jpg (97.5 KB, 18 views)
File Type: jpg hycct1229_by_LuvLee.jpg (3.5 KB, 18 views)
File Type: png HYCCT1229c22_by_Cook22.png (21.2 KB, 16 views)
File Type: jpg HYCCT EF Pink Treat 002.jpg (93.0 KB, 17 views)
File Type: jpg HYCCT EF Pink Treat 001.JPG (99.6 KB, 15 views)

Love SU!? Join the Crew!
The CreativeCrew <The Gallery
CreativeCrew Play Along <The Challenges
Kookie Creator

Challenge Title: Cork, Canvas or Clay
Hostess: corgidusty aka Donna
Keyword: HYCCT1230
Date: Tuesday, October 30th, 2012

***************CHALLENGE DESCRIPTION*******************
Welcome to the next to last Hope You Can Cling To Challenge. My challenge is called Cork, Canvas or Clay. The rules are easy - just make a card or project using Cork, Canvas or Clay (or anything similar like burlap)

UPLOADING INSTRUCTIONS:

1515 Holcombe Boulevard
Houston, TX 77030

Thanks to my awesome sample makers Lydia, Sabrina, Leslie, Dina, Mistreez, LuvLee, CAKath & Lynn
Attached Images
File Type: jpg HYCCT catchup by understandblue 005 copy.jpg (34.3 KB, 18 views)
File Type: png HYCCT1230c22_by_Cook22.png (23.6 KB, 20 views)
File Type: jpg HYCCT1230-Hi_by_meerkat3.jpg (3.0 KB, 18 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_2177_by_dini.jpg (3.1 KB, 16 views)
File Type: jpg HYCCT_Canvas_Fashions_by_Misstreez.jpg (3.1 KB, 14 views)
File Type: jpg 004_by_muzbysmom.jpg (1.9 KB, 12 views)
File Type: jpg hycct1230_by_LuvLee.jpg (4.6 KB, 11 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_5610_by_CAKath.jpg (3.0 KB, 13 views)
Check out my gallery
Premier Business Member
Have a Great Day!!!
Dirty Dozen Alumni

Challenge Title: Shine It Out!
Hostess: BevMom (Bev)
Keyword: HYCCT1215B
Date: Monday, October 15th, 2012

Welcome to the half way point of our Hope You Can Cling To Challenges!
You have all been wowing us with your paper savvy and we're excited to keep going with you, raising awareness and stacking up the cards to send off! Group hug for how awesome we are!

Let's talk about shining. When I'm feeling low, I read some favorite quotes and I chose one to base our challenge on today:

"Stars can't shine without darkness"

So here's your challenge: Make a card (or project) using lots of sparkle. You know how much glitter you usually use (a little spot here or there)? Double it! Triple it. Shimmer and shake it, baby! We want to see your sparkle!
Ideas: glitter, rhinestones, twinkling H2Os, spica pens, stickles, smootch glitz...you get the picture.

I can't wait to see you SHINE IT OUT!

{A big squishy HUG Thank You to my sample makers Lydia ( UnderstandBlue ), Bev ( TexasGrammy ), Lori ( stamp_momma ), and Judy ( StampingQueenJAR ). You're the bestest!}

UPLOADING INSTRUCTIONS:

1515 Holcombe Boulevard
Houston, TX 77030

Attached Images
File Type: jpg Bev.jpg (49.7 KB, 54 views)
File Type: jpg Judy.jpg (74.0 KB, 49 views)
File Type: jpg Bev R.jpg (55.0 KB, 48 views)
SCS Community Manager Splitcoast Dirty Dozen Alumni

Received 1,551 Likes on 667 Posts
Send a message via Skype™ to UnderstandBlue
Default HYCCT1231 A Walk in the Woods

Challenge Title: A Walk in the Woods
Hostess: Understandblue aka Lydia
Keyword: HYCCT1231
Date: Wednesday, October 31st, 2012

I walk every day. A long, long walk. And sometimes I geocache which makes something I love even more fun. I love being outside. I love the peace it brings to my day, I love the solitude, I love the birds and the animals I see, and I love all the hidden green spaces in my town.

I think one of the most difficult things about being in the hospital is being cut off from nature, and that is the inspiration for my challenge. I want you to bring all the majesty and beauty of the outdoors to a lady who may be stuck inside for a while while she's not feeling well.

For this challenge use any outdoorsy inspiration. I am including some pictures from my daily walks which you may also use if you'd like, but just let your imagination and your environment be your guide.

Thank you all for being here this month - it means so much to so many, and I'm so grateful for your art, your enthusiasm, your empathy and your time. You've made October so special for all of us at Splitcoast. xo.

UPLOADING INSTRUCTIONS:

1515 Holcombe Boulevard
Houston, TX 77030

Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_2242_by_dini.jpg (32.0 KB, 15 views)
File Type: jpg Pazzles and HYCCT final 016 copy.jpg (44.9 KB, 14 views)
File Type: jpg hycct1231_by_LuvLee.jpg (47.7 KB, 14 views)
File Type: jpg HYCCT1231_by_va_sunshine.jpg (68.2 KB, 14 views)
File Type: jpg HYCCT_Jacaranda_Walks_by_Misstreez.jpg (67.6 KB, 14 views)
File Type: jpg HYCCT_2012_plb_l_by_pattyb.jpg (107.4 KB, 14 views)
File Type: jpg 102_7425_by_bfinlay.jpg (57.7 KB, 14 views)
File Type: jpg My_Walk_in_the_Woods_by_muzbysmom.jpg (24.4 KB, 14 views)
Cards for a Cause Challenge Hostess

Arrow Hope You Can Cling To 2012 - Master Challenge Thread

Challenge Title: ta ta toe
Hostess: va.sunshine
Keyword: HYCCT1225B
Date: Thursday, October 25, 2012

Hello and welcome to my challenge...ta ta toe. Pick three things from the "ta ta toe" square. You can use others, but must have at least three in a row. We are playing traditional columns in the game tic tac toe; vertical, horizontal, and diagonal. I cannot wait to see what you create..have fun!

UPLOADING INSTRUCTIONS:

1515 Holcombe Boulevard
Houston, TX 77030

Thank you so much to my sample makers Sabrina, Dina, Lynn, Lee, Theresa, and myself

<fieldset class="fieldset" style="margin-bottom: 6px; font-size: 11px; "><legend style="color: rgb(109, 109, 109); font-family: tahoma, verdana, geneva, lucida, 'lucida grande', arial, helvetica, sans-serif; ">Attached Thumbnails</legend>[IMG]//www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/attachments/hopeful-hostesses-hall-f343/259757d1350500051t-tattoe-challenge-jpg[/IMG] [IMG]//www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/attachments/hopeful-hostesses-hall-f343/259797d1350574220t-hycct1225bc22_by_cook22-jpg[/IMG] [IMG]//www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/attachments/hopeful-hostesses-hall-f343/259798d1350574233t-img_2238_by_dini-jpg[/IMG] [IMG]//www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/attachments/hopeful-hostesses-hall-f343/259799d1350574243t-ta_ta_toe_by_muzbysmom-jpg[/IMG] [IMG]//www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/attachments/hopeful-hostesses-hall-f343/259915d1350737388t-hycct1225b_by_luvlee-jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]//www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/attachments/hopeful-hostesses-hall-f343/259916d1350737489t-hycct_tata_toe_distress_by_misstreez-jpg[/IMG] [IMG]//www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/attachments/hopeful-hostesses-hall-f343/260248d1351121582t-hycct-jpg[/IMG]
</fieldset>

2klines-ig
designing for
verve stamps, sunday stamps, inspired by, and as you see it challenges
AMAZON shopping

Philippians 4:6-7

Looking for a place to send your stash of cards? Check out Cards For A Cause
Help US Help Others!

Last edited by UnderstandBlue; 10-25-2012 at 02:22 PM..