Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 10-22-2012, 06:33 PM   #1  
Cardstock Collector

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Send a message via Skype™ to 1920lj
Default Newbie with a probably very silly question!

Hello Everyone!

I'm new here and not entirely sure of what I'm doing. I've uploaded three cards so far and after taking three hours to get them uploaded they are finally up! The hard part was getting the file size correct and I think that I've got that under control now.

Here's my silly question...I use only Stampin' Up products and I'd like my cards to appear in the Stampin' Up gallery. When I uploaded my cards I selected "Betsy's Blossoms" from the drop down menu and while my card shows up in the Betsy's Blossom gallery and the main gallery for all cards uploaded today, it doesn't seem to show up in the Stampin' Up main gallery. It's been driving me crazy to figure this out!!!

Can anyone answer this for me?

Thank you in advance!

Lois

Creating is like breathing
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-22-2012, 09:10 PM   #2  
Hardware Hotshot

Hi Lois and welcome from New Zealand! There are no silly questions and I am sure someone will be along soon with an answer. That is great you are uploading cards!
Stephanie
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-23-2012, 08:31 AM   #3  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

So glad you're sharing your cards. It is a simple fix. You need to put SUO in the keyword space when you make a card that is made using only Stampin' Up products. If it is mostly SU, then you enter SUM for the keyword. You can put multiple things in the keyword blank as long as you remember to put a comma and space in between them. For example style of card: Masculine, Christmas, Vintage, Steampunk, CAS, etc or the name of a technique: Collage, Rock 'n Roll, Mirror Image, Emboss Resist or if not an SU card the name of another company: Tim Holtz, The Cat's Pajamas, etc. the name and number of the challenge you're participating in: CAS193, HYCCT1202, TLC400, etc
Hope this helps!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-23-2012, 08:35 AM   #4  
Splitcoast Gallery Moderator
Band Mom

Received 123 Likes on 109 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by 1920ljView Post
Hello Everyone!

I'm new here and not entirely sure of what I'm doing. I've uploaded three cards so far and after taking three hours to get them uploaded they are finally up! The hard part was getting the file size correct and I think that I've got that under control now.

Here's my silly question...I use only Stampin' Up products and I'd like my cards to appear in the Stampin' Up gallery. When I uploaded my cards I selected "Betsy's Blossoms" from the drop down menu and while my card shows up in the Betsy's Blossom gallery and the main gallery for all cards uploaded today, it doesn't seem to show up in the Stampin' Up main gallery. It's been driving me crazy to figure this out!!!

Can anyone answer this for me?

Thank you in advance!

Lois
Hi Lois,

I'm not exactly sure what you mean by "Stampin' Up main gallery". Can you elaborate on that?

If it's what I think you mean - our SU gallery is divided up into stamp set categories to make everyone's artwork easier to find. You've done the right thing by categorizing your uploads into the most appropriate stamp set category (i.e. your red & yellow blossom card is in Betsy's Blossoms, your quilt card is in Papillion Potpourri - because those are the dominant stamp sets used on those two cards). You do not need to upload your cards again to any other categories - all that does is create unnecessary duplicate uploads that take up space on the SCS gallery server.

One additional thing you could do is add the keyword SUO to your uploads. That stands for Stampin' Up Only - meaning that only SU products were used to make your creation. Often SCSers will look for projects that were made with only SU products, so using that keyword will help make your work easier for them to find. If your card uses mostly SU products but has maybe a brad or ribbon from another company, you can use the keyword SUM (Stampin' Up Mostly).

edited to add: I see Gail (mamaxsix) and I were on the same brain wave!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-24-2012, 07:01 AM   #5  
Cardstock Collector

Send a message via Skype™ to 1920lj

Thanks for the replies! You all told me exactly what I needed to know!

Creating is like breathing
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-01-2012, 06:36 PM   #6  
Compulsive Stamper

Hey everyone,
can any one tell me where i can buy a Big shot die cutting and embossing machine?
i am in Sri Lanka and i am not sure whether there is any place that i can purchase a Big shot Machine in SL...
please help... :(
Reply With Quote Likes